Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope declares Protestants cannot have churches
07-11-2007, 03:53 AM,
Protestant churches yesterday reacted with dismay to a new declaration approved by Pope Benedict XVI insisting they were mere "ecclesial communities" and their ministers effectively phonies with no right to give communion.

Coming just four days after the reinstatement of the Latin mass, yesterday's document left no doubt about the Pope's eagerness to back traditional Roman Catholic practices and attitudes, even at the expense of causing offence.

The view that Protestants cannot have churches was first set out by Pope Benedict seven years ago when, as Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, he headed the Vatican "ministry" for doctrine. A commentary attached to the latest text acknowledged that his 2000 document, Dominus Iesus, had caused "no little distress".

But it added: "It is nevertheless difficult to see how the title of 'Church' could possibly be attributed to [Protestant communities], given that they do not accept the theological notion of the Church in the Catholic sense and that they lack elements considered essential to the Catholic Church."

The Pope's old department, which issued the document, said its aim was to correct "erroneous or ambiguous" interpretations of the Second Vatican Council, which ended in 1965. Quoting a text approved by the Council, it said Protestant churches, "because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood", had not "preserved the genuine and integral substance of the Eucharistic Mystery".

However, other Christians saw the latest document as another retreat from the spirit of openness generated by the Council, which laid the basis for talks on Christian unity. Bishop Wolfgang Huber, head of the Protestant umbrella group Evangelical Church in Germany, said: "The hope for a change in the ecumenical situation has been pushed further away by the document published today."

He said the new pronouncement repeated "offensive statements" in the 2000 document and was a "missed opportunity" to improve relations with Protestants. The president of the Federation of Evangelical Churches in Italy, pastor Domenico Maselli, called it a "huge step backwards in relations between the Roman Catholic church and other Christian communities".

A statement from the French Protestant Federation warned that the internal document would have "external repercussions".

The Church of England reacted more cautiously than seven years ago when Dominus Iesus was issued and the then Archbishop of Canterbury, George Carey, denounced it as unacceptable. The spokesman for the current archbishop, Rowan Williams, said: "This is a serious document, teaching on important ecclesiological matters and of significance to the churches' commitment to the full, visible unity to the one church of Jesus Christ."

The Vatican's statement had fewer misgivings about the Orthodox Church, which had "true sacraments" and a genuine priesthood. But their failure to acknowledge the Pope's authority meant they suffered from a "defectus", politely translated from Latin as "a wound".

On Saturday, the Pope freed Catholics to ask for masses to be celebrated according to the Latin rite abolished by the Second Vatican Council. This meant the reinstatement of a Good Friday prayer describing Jews as blind to the Christian truth.

The president of the Italian rabbinical assembly, Giuseppe Laras, yesterday called it "a heavy blow". He told the daily Corriere della Sera: "We are going back. A long way back."

sorce - http://www.guardian.co.uk/pope/story/0,,2123195,00.html

i wonder, is this good or evil?:confused:
Vitam Impendere Vero
07-16-2007, 04:29 AM,
Good or evil?

Why it's pure evil, of course.

Remember the Bible verse about Bablon the Great ? { RC }

" And upon her forehead was written , MYSTERY , BABLON THE GREAT , THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH "

If the Roman Catholic Church is Babylon the Great , what did she give birth to ?

Every other mainstream Christian Church in existence !

Harlots and abominations of the Earth !

" DO NOT add to nor take away from "

ALSO...... check out the origins of the IHS symbol......it is displayed predominantly in my old Methodist church....and the Presbyterian down the road....plus several other demoninations.

But still the gall of this pope is appaling. Isn't that part of why this country was founded to begin with? To be able to practice Christianity without the scouring glare of the RC? Who gives a flying f what the pope has to say about non-catholic faiths?
[Image: FixBrokenGov.jpg]
07-16-2007, 05:59 PM,
You fail to see what the pope is restarting with his statement. Its the first phase equivalent of a new crusade/jihad against the protestants. Not only is this 'evil' its business as usual for the catholics. Catholics have been at war with the protestants ever since they were founded - a 'cold war' throughout the 20th century. Now the gloves are off and the claws are out.
Look at the religious history of the english monarchy and the wars that resulted.
The reason : protestants have through history struggled and died preserving 'freedom of the press' - one of their core beliefs.
Guess why catholics want to get rid of the protestants.
This is just me saying historically protestantism is the lesser of the two 'evils'
07-16-2007, 07:18 PM,
See also :
http://conspiracycentral.info/index.php?showtopic=13074
07-16-2007, 11:05 PM,
Quote:You fail to see what the pope is restarting with his statement. Its the first phase equivalent of a new crusade/jihad against the protestants. Not only is this 'evil' its business as usual for the catholics. Catholics have been at war with the protestants ever since they were founded - a 'cold war' throughout the 20th century. Now the gloves are off and the claws are out.
Look at the religious history of the english monarchy and the wars that resulted.
The reason : protestants have through history struggled and died preserving 'freedom of the press' - one of their core beliefs.
This is just me saying historically protestantism is the lesser of the two 'evils'

Naw.....I'm not failing to notice.

Of course the pope is doing this. A one world religion will go hand in hand with the NWO. This is the very beginnings of that & imho an exhilarating time to be alive!

But hey.....I am a nut. :D

I'm checking out the link now.
07-16-2007, 11:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2007, 11:40 PM by maggot.)
Quote:
Quote:You fail to see what the pope is restarting with his statement. Its the first phase equivalent of a new crusade/jihad against the protestants. Not only is this 'evil' its business as usual for the catholics. Catholics have been at war with the protestants ever since they were founded - a 'cold war' throughout the 20th century. Now the gloves are off and the claws are out.

Naw.....I'm not failing to notice.

Of course the pope is doing this. A one world religion will go hand in hand with the NWO. This is the very beginnings of that & imho an exhilarating time to be alive!

But hey.....I am a nut. :D

I'm checking out the link now.
*chuckles*
Yeh, maybe you just failed to put that observation in your post. Before reading my inbox I fancied doing a knee-jerk long-range plan objective of the catholic church. That would scare 'em. I can picture the terrified 'badly woken' sheeple who stampede all over the truth movement crapping themselves already! They know who they are, or rather they don't - those poor betrayed sheeple who are really only looking for a new shepherd. Despite the article I've linked to, what the pope says IS important, and yes it is exciting - only to the living. For the living dead it will be terrifying! New commands from the masterrrr! :biggrin:
07-16-2007, 11:43 PM,
Quote:*chuckles*
Yeh, maybe you just failed to put that observation in your post. Before reading my inbox I fancied doing a knee-jerk long-range plan objective of the catholic church. That would scare 'em. I can picture the terrified 'badly woken' sheeple who stampede all over the truth movement crapping themselves already! Despite the article I've linked to, what the pope says IS important, and yes it is exciting - only to the living. For the living dead it will be terrifying! New commands from the masterrrr! :biggrin:

Yeah I prolly did fail to mention it......I'm still a bit new to all this (in computer land). That & I have just thought of it going hand in hand for so long now, I kinda thought everyone did too. Gotta be more specific here though.

:)

Your description made me think of the Blue Beam project I just posted. Makes me wonder what they'll wake to.
07-16-2007, 11:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2007, 12:06 AM by maggot.)
I think the correct term is project blue beam. I remember reading or hearing that projects come up all the time in military-intelligence world, they generally start off as project X, then get passed around the department getting new corney name changes over its research and development phase. Eventually the project gets an official title from 'on high' - orders from above;the people who are aware of the larger agenda.
Project blue beam has definite possibilities of being a reality. How much has SONY spent on its beloved Blu-ray drive for the PS3, raising the cost to customers by over 100 dollars per unit and potentially crippling sales? This was always touted as insanity by other parties during the final development phase before release which lasted over a year. Other computer devices (my hard drives' fan for example) are fitted with blue lgihts that don't switch off whilst the power is on.
Obviously its important to someone/s. Apparently SONY stands for Standard Oil New York(according to Alan Watt).
PS keep the thread title as it is, it will stil come up in searches etc. I thought of putting up a thread on the same subject myself as it is important (for the reasons ive given above). Maybe i should copy the above onto your thread.
*edit : i copied the above onto your thread*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug The Final Pope - High-grade Weirdness CharliePrime 0 457 02-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Churches are Tax Exempt: But Why? No More Tax Exemption for Churches Solve et Coagula 0 373 07-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  symbolism (pope 2010 uk) drummer 2 2,065 09-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Dunamis
  Pope's No.2 claims sex scandal is linked to homosexuality not celibacy h3rm35 5 1,276 04-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Last Post: grant
  Richard Dawkins: I will arrest Pope Benedict XVI drummer 3 893 04-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Krusty
  Pope Benedict XVI Pope condemns gay equality law TriWooOx 0 502 02-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  Fast-Growing Christian Churches Crushed in China FastTadpole 5 1,200 01-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Last Post: jack
  Pope seeks "global authority" for world economy SiLVa 2 744 07-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Last Post: mothandrust
  The pope's visit to spain drummer 0 655 05-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Last Post: drummer
  Vatican 2.0: Pope gets his own YouTube channel --- 0 511 01-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Last Post: ---