Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Developers tidy up forums with "StupidFilter"
11-11-2007, 01:55 AM,
A team of US software developers is developing a "StupidFilter" that will block unintelligible posts from internet message boards.

Once the software is installed on a webserver it will scan posts before they are published for nonsense terms including "OMG!!" and "LOL", blocking the worst offenders with a message that says "This comment is more or less unintelligible. Please try to restate it."

According to the team's frequently asked questions page,the filter will be targeting "comments with too much or too little capitalisation, too many text-message abbreviations, excessive use of 'LOL', exclamation points, and so on."

The FAQ does go on to note a few sticking points, including the fact that the filter is "blind to irony", making clever posts somewhat redundant, and that dividing stupidity from mere carelessness is always going to be a tricky proposition, a problem it intends to deal with by creating a rating system for each post.

Despite the inherent challenges the team clearly feels the project is worth the effort, noting that "effective textual communication requires at least some formal rigour, and we feel such rigour is worth encouraging and, at times, enforcing."

The team is currently asking users to visit its site and help them rate a selection of idiotic YouTube posts on a scale of one to five.

The filter is expected to be released in December, with a Firefox plugin for self-censorship to follow at a later date.
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/136299/develop...upidfilter.html

:laugh:
“Everything Popular Is Wrong” - Oscar Wilde
11-11-2007, 03:15 AM,
LOL!!!!!!111111shift+one!!!111
[Image: intellektssig.png]

&A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.& -- Bertrand Russell
11-11-2007, 07:50 AM,
Quote:Does this mean all posts by drummer will now be deleted ?
;)

Nope Sean, more likely your posts

WTF is with filling up my inbox with the double posts?

Don't use the report button when u screw up
The InfoUnderground
TiU Radio
http://www.TheInfoUnderground.com
11-11-2007, 08:18 AM,
I DONT LIKE YOU!!!

And I take offence to being called a "white bitch"
As far as I am concerned you should be baned!
11-11-2007, 08:33 AM,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDyvyYmR71o

!!!!!!

superman will love this then!

Madizms your more white then snow white.

Why do pedophiles love Halloween?
Free delivery.

Thats right I called you a pedophile getting me in trouble all the time, attacking me on my internets all the time COME GET SOME, I WILL KILL YOU OLD STYLE!!!
11-11-2007, 08:35 AM,
Look who's calling the kettle black.. I mean white.

What makes you say I'm racist?
11-11-2007, 08:40 AM,
Fuck both you, TONGAN PRIDE!!!!!
11-11-2007, 08:45 AM,
Sean fuck sake man, take it easy, actually, I mean it
You need a holiday from here, let me organise that for you, let's say 72 hours yet again.
The InfoUnderground
TiU Radio
11-11-2007, 08:47 AM,
I believe Ognir is of European descent, I wonder how he feels about that?
11-11-2007, 08:58 AM,
Madizms he needs a hug and someone to love him hmmmm, poor guy. He has us though, and thats why he treats us like a bitch, I wouldnt want to be his wife hahhahaah.

But yeh madizms isnt really racist, he talks smack to everyone, and superman just let it slide I am sure he will come back and apologize, he is like the energizer bunny.
11-11-2007, 08:59 AM,
I hardly think that 72hrs is sufficient but thanks all the same.

And as for me going to die, ha ha ha thats funny. I suppose if I was in your 'Hood' you'd bust a cap in my ass eh?

Australia has one of the highest rates of missing persons per capita in the world and I can assure you that if you were in front of me now you would soon be doing your part for conservation by being fertilizer for one of our many State Forests.
11-11-2007, 09:01 AM,
This thread is going nowhere

Thread closed
The InfoUnderground
TiU Radio
11-12-2007, 03:55 AM,
Quote:This thread is going nowhere

Thread closed

I just wanted to add something...

Why can't they write a stupid filter for the registration page?
It would be cool to weed out the dummies and the door.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Web Developers Wanted at David Icke's Website FastTadpole 0 666 07-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Other forums groen2 11 1,575 05-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Last Post: JFK
  "Pentagon hacker" in final bid against extradition --- 1 738 10-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Last Post: ---
  Method Man Talks Taxes And Calls Jail "Cool" joeblow 0 521 10-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Last Post: joeblow
  The "Illuminati" are getting creative about stopping Internet Knowledge joeblow 3 1,228 10-02-2009, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Bobert
  Anybody know any cool web cam Forums? Weyland 25 2,797 09-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  Global "Media Flu" Pandemic Worsens --- 1 595 09-14-2009, 02:46 AM
Last Post: icosaface
  I'm sick to death of the amateur indy "journalists". Guest 1 534 09-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Melchor
  Rothschild Connection to "Lockerbie Bomber" TriWooOx 1 639 08-31-2009, 04:37 AM
Last Post: yeti
  The power of technology - such as blogs - meant that the world could no longer be run by "elites" mexika 1 555 07-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Last Post: mexika