Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had a semi-public freak out over the weekend
08-28-2009, 12:29 PM,
I was camping out in Hope, BC last weekend (I saw the Thunderbird Motel crime scene where that Ryan Jenkins fugitive hung himself as we were leaving.)

A bunch of friends and I were camping and we started talking about Obama.

I heard all the usual "he gives people hope" "at least he's not Bush" "it is at least historic to have a black man in office" etc. before I eventually blew up. I was double fisting Budweiser and Crown Royal so I was obviously in an artificially hostile state, but regardless I kind of lost it. I was just so sick of hearing this drivel from even my closest friends.

It made me a bit sad.

Anyway, I thought I'd share. I was talking to my wife and I referred to it as "swimming upstream." Anyone else have any "swimming upstream" disasters you want to rant about?

Just shootin the breeze.
Peace.
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
08-28-2009, 01:04 PM,
Some people just wont wake up unless you waterboard them in coffee.
08-28-2009, 05:54 PM,
I know how you feel mate, I have given up with some of closest friends they just think I'm mad.
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall. - Che Guevara

Resistance Films Youtube Channel

TriWooOx Podcast
08-28-2009, 06:28 PM,
I was waking up just as I met the girl I wanted to marry. It was a really tough time. When we started to get close I started talking about my views of the world and she thought I was really crazy. We had a few extremely heated debates. I was at the point where I thought the relationship couldn't work....ever. Then, one day in a course at university she was assigned a research paper(her choice). We talked about it and she decided to write it on Vaccinations. It was a real eye opener for her. After that she was interested in pretty much everything I had to say. Now we have an amazing, healthy, vaccination free son.:DDon't give up on people.. they will surprise you!!!
08-28-2009, 07:23 PM,
Beautiful story Trout. I've told my friends all the weird conspiracy stuff and now they make jokes like I'm the new Chuck Norris:DBut they respect me as well. When I sense that people are thinking I'm crazy, I stop talking.
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
08-29-2009, 12:59 AM,
I remember a couple years ago I was doing some computer work for a lawyer and he gave me his credit card so I could buy stuff for his computers. At the store it was a fucking hassle and i just got soo pissed I told everybody in the store to FUCK OFF! LOL!!
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
08-29-2009, 03:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2009, 03:48 AM by ---.)
I opened my mouth once on a camping trip with my EX partner's close friends..nothing too challenging, just false flags and state control as i remember it..they thought I was bat shit crazy from that very moment on. Never met one single native here that doubts the official 911 story..in five years! It's fucked my brain up well good. I should try and meet Frank Hoefer.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's natural for it to happen IMO when so many others seem to insist on remaining blank.
08-30-2009, 09:24 PM,
I totally feel for you Trip. I haven't had any public "scenes" yet but I have had them with individual people. I was shooting the shit with my brother a month or so back and I started talking about some of this stuff and he immediately snaps :"I don't want to hear any of your paranoid schizophrenic fantasies! I just won't have it!!" The vehemence was very palatable and I had to control myself as I was about to bust out laughing. It's sad but you just have to laugh at how stupid smart people can be sometimes.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
08-31-2009, 02:49 AM,
I've gotten to where I don't mention a lot around here, and yea, I know the swimming upstream thing. I see it in real estate all the time, especially since we've been doing more foreclosurers. I had my little scene at a small store where everbody goes about a month ago. Everybody goes to this store and a few old men hang out there. I think my words were if you talked as much as you shit you'd shit yourself to death in minutes. I liked this old man but damn, how does one live to get old and still be stupid? Still have people walk in and want something they can't afford with money they ain't got. In George Carlin's words, they are livin' the American Dream, because they have to be asleep to believe it.

My wife is 1/2 on track and 1/2 off... thank yoy TV. And to think, years ago I repaired them.
08-31-2009, 04:46 AM,
I've been into conspiracies for decades, and all my friends knew it. When 9/11 hit, my phone was ringing off the hook. I had dozens of emails from people who saw what was happening, and immediately thought of me and my 'ravings'.

Quite a few have turned around, and know there is a serious problem with how this planet is being run - almost none of them want to talk about it. "What can I do? I just want to live my life", they say. I quietly remind them that I just want to as well. They know I'm right, and that I know far more about how the world really works than they do, and leave it at that. Anyone who tries to directly challenge me is immediately overwhelmed by a barrage of questions they have no answers to. It shuts them up pretty quickly...
[Image: randquote.png]
08-31-2009, 05:39 AM,
I get the "Gawd will take care of it" thing here. Its a small town and word travels fast, really fast if they think you have sinned. Last few people I heard that from I said, well I just talked with God and He said this was a test and we should each handle it, especially you. Now sure how thats a sin to say, but who cares.
08-31-2009, 04:16 PM,
Been there...still have a couple friends that are in denial. Cant do much for those people. Even my parents are like that, most of the time. They wont understand until the shit hits the fan. And then it will be far too late to do any thing about it. Some of my family have come around and definately come to me to get my perspective on certain things but Id rather they try to figure things out themselves as well.
Just prepare for yourself and your family and screw all the rest. That's hard enough work as it is. If you've given everyone a fair warning, thats just about all you can do.
Remember the saying about leading horses to water...
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
09-01-2009, 05:00 AM,
I think so far the hardest thing is watching my mom (actually grandmother). When I was young we were poor, then middle in my teenage years, then later on she done well, real good. For 2 years now I've tried to warn her but it just didn't sink in, even until a few months ago. She got use to mid 6 figures a year. Shes finally waking up, but almost too late. The sad part though is it is like she is giving up. Turns her cell phone off a lot. Looks worried all the time. She still tries to do the upper end houses which aren't doing well and haven't in some time. She gets excited over a 300k and up, I get excited on anything under 100k, the lower the better. I'll take a quick nickel over a slow quarter any day. Same amount of work no matter what the price but I tend to get along with the people who can't afford a big house, she fits in with everybody.

We got signed up with Fannie Mae foreclosures, after I stayed onto her to do it. Now that we have, she can't do the computer, and it's all computer these days. We got 2 sold this week and maybe a 3rd. She said you're doing good. I said no, we're doing good we agreed to split it remember. So you and I both have 2, maybe 3 sales this week. 1st smile I seen in a while. I gave her the 1st closings I had but watched her blow it on buying stuff for my daughter and now back again son-in-law, catching their nills, etc. They lost their house this time where basically he won't work. I really think that mom would have continued to pay it had she not ran out of money. I resolved to give them a house, but not pay payments on the other one. I'll see that they don't go hungry, but that is my limit.

That part worries me, When they do awake, and stay depressed.
09-01-2009, 11:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2009, 11:42 PM by triplesix.)
The depression is hard and it is compounded when it involves family. My brother is a relatively high ranking officer in the U.S. Army who abides by the "don't ask questions just be a soldier" mentality with every fiber of his being. How do I reconcile that with my new understanding of the world? I haven't seen my brother in nearly five years, not out of conflict but by situation, and I have only had this understanding of the world for three or four. I don't know what our first conversation will be like.

I try not to talk to my parents about it. In some ways they are very very progressive for Americans, but they support Obama of course. They have a hard time accepting the fact that while they have these beliefs and values and they are liberal, the Democratic party does not represent any of those things in reality. The meat of the matter is they still have faith in illusory party politics. It's a miracle my father even stopped voting Republican, that wasn't until 2004 I think.

In any event, I find it surreal that I can have these deep, meaningful friendships with so many people, where we have shared so much time and emotion and energy and yet when it comes to discussing politics they become almost politically autistic. They endlessly repeat catchphrases and propaganda slogans and talking points. When you demand they be more focused and talk in depth about something they said, they begin to get really angry. They question your information and your trustworthiness, on a truly personal level, as soon as you contradict their 'beliefs.' I find the audacity of the ignorant positively paralyzing.

I truly believe it is one of the most troubling phenomena I endure in my life.
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
09-02-2009, 03:04 AM,
I know the feeling on how family and friends still actually believe there is a difference. I kept filling in the coming events with my parents (actually grandparents) right up until I watched dad and his eyes, body language, and moral. Mom gets it now but she is struck by the same emotions, just not as bad as dad. I stopped. I answer now only when asked, especially where they are concerned. Dad fought in WW2 and fought against the very ones that have now overrun the world. In their 80s, I figure they don't have a long time left, dad is failing fast. Nobody, especially those who sacrificed deserve to live their last years in fear of what they fought so hard against.

On your brother, he was your brother before you knew the truth, and he still is your brother. You loved and respected each other while all this was around you all, you just didn't notice it. This battle began long before either were born and perhaps will endure even after you both leave. While nothing on earth is forever, love is. While things change, people change, the world changes... blood does not. You have chosen a dfferent path from your brother, but somewhere at sometime somthing or someone woke you up, maybe it will him as well. Life is short and perhaps it is not so much the path we chose but rather taking time to acknowledge that we have family that may have chosen a different path than our liking, all the while unconditionally loving and making the best of what breaths we have here with those we are graced to have. There are so, so very many things you two could talk about besides this. The things in life that are truely regretted are that which meant to be spoken that goes unsaid and that we speak that should not have been. The time we waste on ant hills made mountains, the bridges we burn, and the walls we build against those who care.

Be proud that your brother is firm in what he believes, and who knows, he may be one of the many that actually bring a ray of sunshine into dark places. We all see the military as bad, but that isn't correct, the bad are highlighted at the expense of the good.
Just my thoughts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I lost my best friend this weekend... SiLVa 15 2,081 02-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Sovereignman
  Shit I didn't know Julian Assange was total fuckin freak. Weyland 7 1,637 03-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Weyland
  DNA Taken for shouting in public kevlar 8 1,444 01-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Last Post: SiLVa
  Cheap Public Relations Stunt By Alex Jones Discredits The Entire Alternative Media hilly7 5 1,064 09-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Last Post: SiLVa
  Preacher threatened with arrest for reading out extracts from the Bible in public TriWooOx 3 834 08-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Last Post: ---
  Must read-Revealed: How a public schoolboy was turned into a Muslim terrorist by online hate preachers mastermg 0 406 07-19-2009, 07:28 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  Bin Laden's hideout made public TriWooOx 0 378 05-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  A public school teacher was arrested Guest 12 2,052 05-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Last Post: nataraja
  Public intelligence or lack thereof, in America waxzy 0 305 04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Last Post: waxzy
  Radio ConCen, this weekend's show. Guest 17 1,826 02-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Last Post: harmonius