Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stonehenge Solved
12-14-2007, 02:00 AM,
Stonehenge Solved
A man from Michigan experienced in the construction industry figured out a way to stand 10,000 kg stone blocks with nothing but wood, rope and water... and he can do it nearly single-handedly.

I think the mystery of Stonehenge has been solved.

Video and article at this site:
Guerrilla News - Stonehenge: The Incredibly Simple Secret of How it was Built
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
12-14-2007, 04:08 AM,
Stonehenge Solved
it's a pretty sweet little clip but I don't think it solves the question of how Stonehenge was built. The only way

his method can get the blocks vertical is to "seesaw" them into a trenched slot of sand which is gradually

washed out allowing the stone to move into the space. The sarcens at SH aren't sunk into the ground so the

theory doesn't hold up. Also, using this technique how could he possibly create a circle without knocking over

the stones already raised? there simply wouldn't be enough room for manuevere. How did the capstones get on

top? also the sarcens having nodules on them to fit divits on the capstones which would have neccessitated

them being lowered onto the sarcens. The pebble principle also requires a hard surface to work on ~ a number

of stones slabs would need to first positioned on the ground as a working surface..how do you get them their in

the first place as the pebble method at this stage would be useless?

maybe it was some of these lot actually:

* Daitya (Sanskrit)
* Gigantes (Greek)
* Titans (Greek)
* Cyclopes/Cyclops (Greek)
* Upelleru (Middle Eastern)
* Azrail (Armenian)
* Anakim (Hebrew)
* Enim (Hebrew)
* Rephaim (Hebrew)
* Zamzummim (Hebrew)
* Nephilim (Hebrew)
* Gog (Hebrew/British)
* Magog (Hebrew/British)
* Jake (Bruns)

* Goliath of Gath (Hebrew)
* Og of Bashan (Hebrew)
* Fomorians (Celtic)
* Wrnach (Welsh)
* Bendigeidfran (Welsh)
* Jotuns (Norse/Teutonic)
* Frost Giants (Norse/Teutonic)
* Fire Giants (Norse/Teutonic)
* Earth Giants (Norse/Teutonic)
* Ice Giants (Finnish)
* Phra (Thai)
* Puntan (Micronesia)
* Albadan (Spanish)
* Famangomadan (Spanish)

* Dehotgohsgayeh (Iroquois)
* Gedegwsets (Coos)
* Inugpasugssuk (Netslik)
* Kiwahkw (Maliseet)
* Yeitso (Navajo)
* Nunhyunuwi (Cherokee)
* Si-Te-Cah (Paiute)
* Dzoo-Noo-Qua (Kwakiutl)
* Nahgane (Slavey)
* Chahnameed (Pequot)
* Paul Bunyan (American)
* Hewiixi/hewietari (Huichol)
* Cawr (Welsh)
* Kaour (Breton)

* A decayed human skeleton claimed by eyewitnesses to measure around 3.28 metres (10 feet 9 inches tall), was unearthed by labourers while ploughing a vineyard in November 1856 in East Wheeling, now in West Virginia.
* A human skeleton measuring 3.6 metres (12 feet) tall was unearthed at Lompock Rancho, California, in 1833 by soldiers digging in a pit for a powder magazine. The specimen had a double row of teeth and was surrounded by numerous stone axes, carved shells and porphyry blocks with abstruse symbols associated with it.
* Several mummified remains of red haired humans ranging from 2-2.5 metres (6.5 feet to over 8 feet) tall were dug up at Lovelock Cave, (70 miles) north-east of Reno, Nevada, by a guano mining operation. These bones substantiated legends by the local Paiute Indians regarding giants which they called Si-Te-Cahs. For some reason scientists did not seem to want to investigate these finds further so many of the bones were lost. Fortunately one of the giant Lovelock skulls is still preserved today. It measures almost 30cm (1 foot) tall and resides along with other various Lovelock artefacts in the Humboldt Museum in Winnemucca, Nevada. Some of these artifacts can also be found in the Nevada State Historical Society's museum at Reno.
* A 9' 11" skeleton was unearthed in 1928 by a farmer digging a pit to bury trash in Tensas Parish, Louisiana near Waterproof. In 1931 a 10' 2" skeleton was unearthed by a boy burying his dog in 1933 in Nearby Madison Parish.

Aside from in Forbidden Land, we can find other unverified examples or legends about the remains of giants:

* A 9' 8" skeleton was excavated from a mound near Brewersville, Indiana (Indianapolis News, Nov 10, 1975).
* In Clearwater Minnesota, the skeletons of seven giants were found in mounds. These had receding foreheads and complete double dentition (Childress 1992, p. 468).
* A mound near Toledo, Ohio, held 20 skeletons, seated and facing east with jaws and teeth "twice as large as those of present day people," and beside each was a large bowl with "curiously wrought hieroglyphic figures." (Chicago Record, Oct. 24, 1895; cited by Ron G. Dobbins, NEARA Journal, v13, fall 1978).
* In the city of Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada there is a span of mountains five miles long that is in the shape of a man wearing a headdress lying down on his back. The span is called "The Sleeping Giant" from local Ojibway legend that identifies the giant as Nanabijou, the spirit of the Deep Sea Water, who was turned to stone when the secret location of a rich silver mine, now known as Silver Islet, was disclosed to white men.[citation needed]
* Patagons of Patagonia in South America, are giants claimed to have been seen by Ferdinand Magellan and his crew.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_%28mythology%29

LOL :dazed: :laugh:
12-14-2007, 11:59 AM,
Stonehenge Solved
haha, you raise some interesting points, much more eloquently argued than my wife's "nope, the aliens did it."

Personally I don't really think it solves the mystery either, but it is a much better venture than I've seen previously, plus it made a better headline :biggrin:

Peace
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
12-15-2007, 05:25 AM,
Stonehenge Solved
I always thought the bigger mystery was not the how but the why?
debate is the vehicle of truth
12-15-2007, 05:58 AM,
Stonehenge Solved
I always thought figuring out how they did it would cast some illumination on who did it.

As far as why, I think we can safely assume it is astrological, since the entire structure is designed to be complimentary to celestial patterns... that doesn't really explain the real "why" or motivation, but I don't know if I'm so concerned about that compared to the how.

After all, these megalithic structures are important because they beg the question, "If we don't know how they did it, how do we know they even did?" Which opens up its own bag of worms.

I think the how is very important, but that's just me.
12-15-2007, 07:00 AM,
Stonehenge Solved
Before the flood there were Giants.

They did all the work.

Don't ask me where their bones are cause that will ruin my theory.

But its not original, I read that there was a time of Giants.

Guess they couldn't swim, well you did need a boat to survive.
12-15-2007, 07:30 AM,
Stonehenge Solved
Quote:maybe it was some of these lot actually:

* Daitya (Sanskrit)
* Gigantes (Greek)
* Titans (Greek)
* Cyclopes/Cyclops (Greek)
* Upelleru (Middle Eastern)
* Azrail (Armenian)
* Anakim (Hebrew)
* Enim (Hebrew)
* Rephaim (Hebrew)
* Zamzummim (Hebrew)
* Nephilim (Hebrew)
* Gog (Hebrew/British)
* Magog (Hebrew/British)
* Jake (Bruns)

* Goliath of Gath (Hebrew)
* Og of Bashan (Hebrew)
* Fomorians (Celtic)
* Wrnach (Welsh)
* Bendigeidfran (Welsh)
* Jotuns (Norse/Teutonic)
* Frost Giants (Norse/Teutonic)
* Fire Giants (Norse/Teutonic)
* Earth Giants (Norse/Teutonic)
* Ice Giants (Finnish)
* Phra (Thai)
* Puntan (Micronesia)
* Albadan (Spanish)
* Famangomadan (Spanish)

* Dehotgohsgayeh (Iroquois)
* Gedegwsets (Coos)
* Inugpasugssuk (Netslik)
* Kiwahkw (Maliseet)
* Yeitso (Navajo)
* Nunhyunuwi (Cherokee)
* Si-Te-Cah (Paiute)
* Dzoo-Noo-Qua (Kwakiutl)
* Nahgane (Slavey)
* Chahnameed (Pequot)
* Paul Bunyan (American)
* Hewiixi/hewietari (Huichol)
* Cawr (Welsh)
* Kaour (Breton)

I agree, the Native Americans had tales of these guys as well, the would chase down and take down buffalo by themselves. Supposedly this is where the Native American tradition of holding up the hand came from (hello greeting), they were scared of the six fingered supermen.
12-15-2007, 03:09 PM,
Stonehenge Solved
interesting, however I dont think this is the way it was done.

The spacing between blocks in the real one doesnt allow for the wood on the sides (for lifting), so in my opinion close but no cigar.
[Image: absurditiesvoltaire300oh0.gif]
------------------
&I've come to the conclusion, after having spent many years in politics, is that our presidential elections turn out to be more of a charade than anything else, and I think that is true today. It is a charade,& - Ron Paul, Sept 2008.
------------------
We're in a lot of trouble, watch this - http://www.youtube.com/v/3L3QVn4JyYA
------------------
[Image: guns250x200dw9.jpg]
[Image: armiw4.gif]
------------------
You cannot tax someone's labor because that is slavery
- Ed Brown, June 18 2007
------------------
The world's &freeest& country has the highest number in prison.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The crisis of modern democracy is a profound one. Free elections, a free press and an independent judiciary mean little when the free market has reduced them to commodities available on sale to the highest bidder.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The era of manufacturing consent has given way to the era of manufacturing news. Soon media newsrooms will drop the pretense, and start hiring theater directors instead of journalists.
- arundhati roy
------------------
The structure of capitalism is flawed. The motor that powers it cannot but vastly increase the disparity between the poor and the rich globally and within countries as well. Parecon is a brave argument for replacing that flawed machine and offers a much needed -- more equitable, democratic, participatory -- alternative economic vision.
- arundhati roy
------------------
[The choice between John Kerry and George Bush] is not a real choice. It's an apparent choice. Like choosing a brand of detergent. Whether you buy Ivory Snow or Tide, they're both owned by Proctor & Gamble.
- arundhati roy
------------------
No government's condemnation of terrorism is credible if it cannot show itself to be open to change by nonviolent dissent
- arundhati roy
[Image: sigterrorgj3.jpg]
------------------
Dr. Hermann Oberth who pioneered rocket design for the German Reich during World War II and later advanced rocket technology for the American manned space launches, cryptically stated: "We cannot take the credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone; we have been helped."

When asked by whom, he replied: "The people of other worlds."
12-20-2007, 05:56 AM,
Stonehenge Solved
You know I was into Ancient Mysteries and I was mostly into the theories of Graham Hancock.
But now I see the past differently
You know why these ancient wonders are mysteries or mysterious?
'Cause they were built by the secret brotherhood of the mystery religion or mystery schools.
Knowledge is power, they don't share either with the ignorant masses, the profane, the dead.
They view us through many such degrading terms.

Oh I wonder who built those megaliths?
Oh I wonder how they built 'em?
Fascinating stuff isn't it?

After all didn't Quetzacoatl and most of the other great civilizers have beards?
How easy for a rich powerful lord from a more civilized land to come to a primitive people and make himself like unto a God.
12-21-2007, 08:11 AM,
Stonehenge Solved
Secrets in esoteric knowledge are secret not because they are actively kept from the public, but because people inevitably misunderstand them.
12-21-2007, 11:42 PM,
Stonehenge Solved
Quote:Secrets in esoteric knowledge are secret not because they are actively kept from the public, but because people inevitably misunderstand them.
I suppose you know this esoteric knowledge better than most people because inevitably they are not as intelligent as you, I guess.
And of course, these secrets are not actively kept from us, no no no, it's all there out in the open for us to understand so long as we are worthy to understand them, I see.
So going on this topic, people don't understand the pyramids or stonehenge because they misunderstand the esoteric knowledge these mysteries represent or reveal.
We the people must be pathetic, to think nothing is actively hidden, it's all out in the open, so long as you have eyes to see and ears to hear.
Is there a Grand Master out there who can explain this to some of us, or do we have to join a cult or secret society so we can be properly educated in these matters?

And of course it's inevitable that we will misunderstand, INEVITABLE!
12-23-2007, 12:52 AM,
Stonehenge Solved
Quote:I always thought the bigger mystery was not the how but the why?

to keep track of time

http://inventors.about.combrary/weekly/aa070701a.htm
12-23-2007, 06:21 AM,
Stonehenge Solved
To keep track of time is part of it, ritual and control are bigger parts of the picture.
You don't go to such extreme lengths just to measure time.
The learned ones understood the science, the cult members or followers (ancient sheeple) denied this science were fed superstition.
12-23-2007, 01:57 PM,
Stonehenge Solved
Quote:
Quote:I always thought the bigger mystery was not the how but the why?

to keep track of time

That's just it. There are many theories about why it was built. From a midsummer ritual observatory to a temple to reinstate the moon goddess over the sun god to a sacrificial altar the list goes on and on.

That's why I refrained from just doing a quick google search and posting the first thing I could find.

It probably could have been built that way, even if there wasn't enough room between the stones they could have laid them that way by doing it from the outside - in. In a circular laying motion.

I don't believe it has been solved though.

They do this kind of thing all the time, to take the mystery from things.
debate is the vehicle of truth
12-26-2007, 09:04 PM,
Stonehenge Solved
One theory is that they used huge kites/parachutes, pulleys and ropes to lift the blocks. It makes since and was totally possible with the materials that had back then.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stonehenge Beneath the Waters of Lake Michigan? SiLVa 4 1,359 01-18-2009, 03:50 AM
Last Post: harflimon
  Physicists have 'solved' mystery of levitation Melchor 6 1,583 12-13-2008, 03:06 AM
Last Post: TeslaandLyne
  MIT develops solar storage "nirvana": energy crisis solved? --- 0 631 08-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Last Post: ---
  Physicists have 'solved' mystery of levitation solar 4 1,044 08-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Phil999
  Early Sketch Of Stonehenge Found freeon 0 530 11-30-2006, 06:42 AM
Last Post: freeon