Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In terrifying big rig crash last night.
09-06-2009, 11:24 AM,
Some teenage chick was about 2 feet short of cutting me off while changing lanes and clipped me taking us both into a concrete wall along a bridge at 70mph. Her car got hooked up in my front bumper and bent it in until it touched my wheel preventing me from steering or regaining any control. By the time I got stopped I'd bulldozed her car sideways at least 400 feet.

It was terrifying. I could see the wall coming towards me and I wondered if it would hold my truck back or if I was going for a hundred foot plunge over the side. I imagine it was every bit as scary for the two girls in the car.

The chicks were taken away in the ambulance for a check up but I think they'll be fine. The just looked shaken up to me. I myself came out without a scratch.

Three witnesses gave statements that it was she who slammed into me.

The investigating officer told me she'd been ticketed but he wasn't at liberty to tell me what for. Unsafe lane change would be my guess.
09-06-2009, 11:53 AM,
Man you and them are lucky. I had an old woman (70s) late for a beauty appointment years ago clip mine as well, looked like a can opener had opened the side of he car. Luckily were were going about 45 in the city and nobody was hurt. You and the girls are lucky that nobody was hurt. What are people thinking these days? I'm glad my driving days are over. I miss it until I go down the road in my car and have to dodge idiots.
09-06-2009, 08:34 PM,
Damn, man. They are just cruising to get you to flatten them these days. What a bunch of idiots.
Glad you and them weren't hurt.
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
09-06-2009, 09:18 PM,
Glad you are all alright. I hope they don't use this against you with the YouTube video aswell.
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
09-06-2009, 10:03 PM,
I wish you had done this to the youtuber actually.
09-06-2009, 10:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2009, 10:42 PM by ---.)
this definitely would have made an impressive youtube, for sure. B)

sounds like no coke would be needed for a rum after a rollercoaster ride with the reaper like that. I can well believe it was terrifying hoping that bridge would hold out. Glad no one was hurt.
09-06-2009, 11:08 PM,
Here's a pic I took with my phone.

[Image: 30413078.jpg]
09-06-2009, 11:47 PM,
Actually the fact that you were able to stop, even though your steering tire was compromised should give your boss a clue as to how good of a driver you are. This along with the witnesses may actually be in your favor against the jerks with the YouTube video. There ain't a hell of a lot of people who could have kept their cool and made adjustments that saved lives.
09-07-2009, 01:37 AM,
Glad your alright man
09-07-2009, 07:25 AM,
me too mike. That's awful. :( Glad it wasn't worse!

09-07-2009, 06:24 PM,
This sort of thing will always happen, as long as humans drive cars, trucks, buses, and motorcycles. This form of transport is obsolete.

This is 2009! Where is the hypersonic, sub-surface, maglev, pod-based transport system? Where are the other myriad conveyances and systems which are more efficient, faster, safer, and non-polluting? (These are the things the Z-Movement is all about, by the way...)

If the criminals - who keep the masses stupid and uninformed - were gone, we would have these things.
Funny how people insist that death, murder, torture has to be a part of ones dietary needs.....fucking nutters everywhere!!

--- Purple Bex.
09-07-2009, 07:33 PM,
Glad to hear no one was seriously injured. Never a dull moment eh, Ctrl? You got ur hands full with those big rigs. God bless you.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
09-07-2009, 09:38 PM,
Glad your OK Mike..
"They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth.
Rather then the truth as authority."

.................................................... Gerald Massey

“One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution,
one makes a revolution in order to establish a dictatorship.”

.....................................................................................George Orwell

"I was not involved in the September 11 attacks in the United States nor did I have knowledge of the attacks. There exists a government within a government within the United States. The United States should try to trace the perpetrators of these attacks within itself; to the people who want to make the present century a century of conflict between Islam and Christianity. That secret government must be asked as to who carried out the attacks. ... The American system is totally in the control of the Jews, whose first priority is Israel, not the United States."
....................................................................................Osama bin Laden
09-08-2009, 04:24 AM,
Quote:Actually the fact that you were able to stop, even though your steering tire was compromised should give your boss a clue as to how good of a driver you are. This along with the witnesses may actually be in your favor against the jerks with the YouTube video. There ain't a hell of a lot of people who could have kept their cool and made adjustments that saved lives.

Actually it was more luck than anything. From the time of impact to getting my foot on the brake was close to seven or eight seconds. The reason for this is because it was a 3 stage accident.

Stage 1. (0 to 2 seconds) Hear a bang in the right corner and think "WTF was that?"

Since our wheels were more or less in the same direction I wasn't going off course at that point. Locking up my brakes
in freeway traffic would have been dumb and dangerous.

Stage 2 (2 to 5 seconds) Her car begins turning sideways infront of me steering me into the wall on the bridge "Fuck, that's a long way down, I think I'm going to die."

I had a simultaneous thought at that moment, "where's my trailer?". I still wasn't on the brake because I didn't know what happened, I didn't know if my trailer could have been stretched across lanes of traffic, (a definate possibility when being mysteriously steered) and if it was, I didn't want anyone being decapitated by driving into the side of it. I also couldn't see the car in front of me as it was mostly obscured by my hood, and when your headed for a wall, your looking at the wall.

I did try to steer, but I wasn't about to brake.

Stage 3 (5 to 8 seconds)

When I hit the wall I was bounced pretty hard to the side and had to reorient myself in my seat to get my feet on the pedals. I did have my seatbelt on but I wasn't upright in the seat, my head was almost in the passenger seat. I got back in the saddle and hammered the brakes.

Once I'd stopped I shit my pants for the second time in 15 seconds. It was then that I saw the car and worried for its occupants.

There was no great driving on my part. That's just the way it worked out, and those are the quick judgement calls I had to make and why I made them.
09-08-2009, 04:41 AM,
Actually I'll have to disagree with you. The fact that you knew what to do and more importantly what not to do says a lot. I'd say you had some help from above too, but thing is, you made split second decisions that many people can't. You were limited but you also knew what and how to work with the limits presented. That shows true skill. Don't sell yourself short.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I had a lucid dream last night --- 77 10,157 12-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Last Post: April
  Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack' TriWooOx 0 514 02-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  'MANY' BUFFALO RESIDENTS AMONG THOSE KILLED IN CRASH hilly7 8 1,877 02-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Last Post: starviego
  Prostitutes turn models for a night in Rio fashion show --- 0 416 09-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Last Post: ---
  Good News for Night Owls --- 3 645 04-27-2009, 02:53 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  Genocide expert dies in US crash TriWooOx 0 471 02-15-2009, 08:11 PM
  9/11 widow dies in NY plane crash TriWooOx 0 517 02-13-2009, 09:35 PM
  Beverly Eckert killed in NY plane crash drummer 3 1,060 02-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Last Post: SiLVa
  I Say Let The Carmakers CRASH! NickHedge 13 2,391 11-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Last Post: Weyland
  NIGHT OF THE LIVING JEWS Weyland 3 818 11-03-2008, 05:03 AM