Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing Thimerosal (Mercury) From Vaccines Did Not Reduce Autism Cases In California, Report Finds
01-09-2008, 08:22 AM,
Removing Thimerosal (Mercury) From Vaccines Did Not Reduce Autism Cases In California, Report Finds
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/...80107181551.htm

Quote:Autism: Removing Thimerosal From Vaccines Did Not Reduce Autism Cases In California, Report Finds

ScienceDaily (Jan. 8, 2008) — Autism cases continued to increase in California after the mercury-containing preservative thimerosal was eliminated from most childhood vaccines, according to a new report.This suggests that exposure to thimerosal is not a primary cause of autism.

Diagnosed cases of autism and related conditions, known collectively as autism spectrum disorders, have increased in recent years, according to background information in the article.

"Young children receive immunizations in the period preceding the typical manifestations or diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders," the authors write. "Increased exposure to thimerosal, a preservative that contains 49.6 percent ethylmercury by weight, has been postulated to have contributed to the upswing in reported cases of autism spectrum disorders." Thimerosal was eliminated from most vaccines by 2001. A 2004 report by the Institute of Medicine cited the lack of data supporting thimerosal as a cause of autism, but recommended that trends in autism diagnoses be observed as exposure to thimerosal decreased.

Robert Schechter, M.D., M.Sc., and Judith K. Grether, Ph.D., of the California Department of Public Health, Richmond, studied the prevalence of children with autism in California from 1995 through March 2007. They used data provided by the California Department of Developmental Services, which administers a statewide system of centers that serve individuals with autism and other developmental problems.

"The estimated prevalence of autism for children at each year of age from 3 to 12 years increased throughout the study period," the authors write. Per 1,000 children born in 1993, 0.3 had autism at age 3, compared with 1.3 per 1,000 births in 2003. The highest estimated prevalence--4.5 cases per 1,000 births--was reached in 2006 for children born in 2000. "Although insufficient time has passed to calculate the prevalence of autism for children 6 years and older born after 2000, the prevalence at ages 3 to 5 years has increased monotonically for each birth year since 1999, during which period exposure to thimerosal has been reduced," they continue.

In addition to analyzing the prevalence of autism by birth year, the researchers also examined the rate among children age 3 to 5 based on quarterly reports issued by the Department of Developmental Services. Prevalence increased each quarter from January 1995 (0.6 per 1,000 live births) through March 2007 (4.1 per 1,000 live births), including after 2004, when the researchers estimate that exposure to thimerosal during infancy and early childhood declined. Over the same time period, the rate of all developmental disabilities increased but at a slower rate, from 5.4 to 9.5 per 1,000 live births.

"The hypothesis that a modifiable risk factor, such as thimerosal exposure, is a major cause of autism offers the hope for prevention through reduced exposure," the authors conclude. "Although our analysis of Department of Developmental Services data shows an increase in autism in California despite the removal of thimerosal from most vaccines, we support the continued quest for the timely discovery of modifiable risk factors for autism and related conditions. Continuing evaluation of the trends in the prevalence of autism for children born in recent years is warranted to confirm our findings."

Journal reference: Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2008;65(1):19-24.

This study was supported through the California Department of Public Health.

Editorial: Fears About Vaccines Persist Despite Evidence

"In the last decade, two hypotheses on autism-immunization links were raised that have had a profound impact in the field of autism research and practice and on public health at large," writes Eric Fombonne, M.D., of the Montreal Children's Hospital, in an accompanying editorial. "One incriminated the measles component of the triple measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, the other the amount of thimerosal (about 50 percent of which is ethylmercury) contained in most other childhood vaccines."

Since the 2004 Institute of Medicine report favored the rejection of both hypotheses, "more studies have accumulated that have reinforced this conclusion, one independently reached by scientific and professional committees around the world," he writes.

"Parents of autistic children should be reassured that autism in their child did not occur through immunizations," Dr. Fombonne concludes. "Their autistic children, and their siblings, should be normally vaccinated, and as there is no evidence of mercury poisoning in autism, they should avoid ineffective and dangerous 'treatments' such as chelation therapy for their children."

Reference for editorial: Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2008;65(1):15-16.

Adapted from materials provided by JAMA and Archives Journals.
01-09-2008, 08:28 AM,
Ahh he did on todays show. Or dont you listen to it ??
01-09-2008, 09:28 AM,
How can they know this fast? If they had autism already from all the other vaccines it be why. Since it only removed it from "most".
01-09-2008, 09:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2008, 09:52 AM by JohnDoe1984.)
Can you imagine the amazing brick of shit that would hit the fan if the study went the other way. This study probably set out to prove what it did. At the point the dollar is at suddenly the gov. owes all these people millions because they gave their kids autism. Results like that have to be stifled for reasons of national security. This is most likely steered science that had an outcome in mind before they ever started.

It's very hard to go by what these headline grabbing studies say. If you look close you can find obvious flaws in many of them. Many are manufactured for all kinds of reasons. I know I sound like a nut but if there's one thing I've learned it's never take anyone's word for it. Do your own research and if necessary check others research out.

Besides even if it's not tied to autism there's no way that mercury in your body does anyones brain any good. The battle isn't over either. It's not even illegal in my state to use thimerisol containing vaccines on children.

This could even be a ploy to shut down the anti therimerisol movement so they can use up stockpiles of older vaccines instead of making new ones.

There could also be a bunch of people at the California health department bucking for a big money job in the private sector for one of the pharma's that make these vaccines.
&We didn't have education. We had inspiration. If I was educated, I'd be a damn fool.&
-Bob Marley

[Image: idiocracyforpres.jpg]
01-09-2008, 11:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2008, 11:40 AM by ephilution.)
Assuming this study is legate, who in their right frame of mind would want to allow injecting their precious newborn children with vaccines containing the most poisonous heavy metal? A white-coat can go fuck himself if he would seek to administer thimerosal to my kids, if I should get any someday.

Although the correlation between autism and thimerosal may be overrated, that doesn't mean that thimerosal is less of a poison all of a sudden.

In addition, I'm particularly low of faith well it comes to the efficacy of vaccines and I also don't trust at all what they put in them. Thimerosal is just one example of a poison. Remember that vaccination means direct injection of an X unknown substances into the system of a child, where the immune system is still developing and is thus particularly vulnerable.

Perhaps you could entertain the question of asking any doctor who has the urge to inject your child if they've given the same vaccine to their own kids too? If he gives a weird response, then I guess you know what time it is.
General Brainquirks:http://1phil4everyill.wordpress.com

Mind control imbued by movies:http://predictiveprogramminginmovies.blogspot.com

Movers and Shakers of the SMOM:http://moversandshakersofthesmom.blogspot...identity.html
01-09-2008, 04:52 PM,
Quote:Autism cases continued to increase in California after the mercury-containing preservative thimerosal was eliminated from <span style="color:#FF0000">most childhood vaccines,

The key word here to me is "most". They even say it twice:

Quote:Thimerosal was eliminated from most vaccines by 2001.

So it's still in the vaccines? All it may take is just one shot to cause autism. Remove it completely, then conduct your study, assholes.

It's like saying "I stopped eating less rat poison".

I trust these guys about as much as I trust the FDA.

P.S. And this is not in defense of the gatekeeper and liar
Yo
01-10-2008, 05:58 PM,
I have never seen any statistical evidence that any vaccine for humans or pets has any benefit. Introducing laboratory created organisms cannot do any good! Don't take any shots. The fucking doctors are evil. All the millions of doses administered and they still can't prove any benefit. How we let them get away with this shit I will never know. The mercury is just one ingredient, supposedly a preservative. Most contain adjuvants, immune system stimulants that activate your immune system. Probably one of the origins of the "auto-immune system disorders", destructive conditions just about everyone has these days whether they know it or not. The manufacturers of feline vaccines had to remove the adjuvants as the cats were developing luekemia after their shots. Doctors, lawyers, union members all take oaths and are "fraternal" members that take orders and must follow the "rules" or they will lose their certification to practice or work. When the feds tried to administer smallpox vaccines to first responders and health care workers they had to give up as most refused to be injected. It has been said that most doctors who treat cancer patients would not take the poison chemo that they gladly admister to hapless victims. Trauma doctors and orthopedics do a lot of good, but the rest are drug pusher criminals.
01-10-2008, 11:29 PM,
Quote:...

Yet another desperate attempt to badmouth Alex Jones. Guys, think for a minute. Consider the form of this argument:

#1 They say they have taken the Mercury out of the vaccines.
#2 The number of Autism cases still didn't go down

Possible conclusion: The high numbers of Autism cases is not caused by the Mercury. It's caused by something else, the study does not say what.

Another possible conclusion: The high numbers of Autism cases IS IN FACT caused by the Mercury and #1 is a lie: They have NOT taken the Mercury out of the vaccines. Which would explain #2 perfectly.

The article has two major flaws: It does not say what else is causing the Autism, and it does not show how there is no Mercury in the vaccines. So it proves nothing.

The article installs two beliefs (doublethink): 1. There is no Mercury in the vaccines and 2. Even if there is Mercury in the vaccines, it does not cause Autism. So don't worry, everything is fine.

Btw AJ was going through the roof because of this article.
01-11-2008, 01:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2008, 01:18 AM by psilocybin.)
Quote:
Quote:...

Yet another desperate attempt to badmouth Alex Jones. Guys, think for a minute. Consider the form of this argument:

#1 They say they have taken the Mercury out of the vaccines.
#2 The number of Autism cases still didn't go down

Possible conclusion: The high numbers of Autism cases is not caused by the Mercury. It's caused by something else, the study does not say what.

Another possible conclusion: The high numbers of Autism cases IS IN FACT caused by the Mercury and #1 is a lie: They have NOT taken the Mercury out of the vaccines. Which would explain #2 perfectly.

The article has two major flaws: It does not say what else is causing the Autism, and it does not show how there is no Mercury in the vaccines. So it proves nothing.

The article installs two beliefs (doublethink): 1. There is no Mercury in the vaccines and 2. Even if there is Mercury in the vaccines, it does not cause Autism. So don't worry, everything is fine.

Btw AJ was going through the roof because of this article.

my thoughts exactly. If you read the journal correctly all they were trying to do was see if Thimerosal caused autism... they didn't compare autism rates of children who get vaccines vs. ones who don't. There's probably worse shit in the vaccines than mercury. The whole thing stinks of shit and was so carefully worded that I have no doubt they know vaccines cause autism, so they used the mercury study to have the average dumbshit be like "oh the mercury doesn't cause autism, so vaccines are good."
01-11-2008, 09:21 AM,
Quote:my thoughts exactly. If you read the journal correctly all they were trying to do was see if Thimerosal caused autism... they didn't compare autism rates of children who get vaccines vs. ones who don't.

Thank you and there's even more: according to this article on newstarget,

Quote:the study was published in a medical journal stacked full of ads from the very same drug companies that manufacture and market vaccines
. Isn't that funny?

Quote:The (distorted) logic we're hearing goes like this:

Yes, vaccines used to contain mercury. And yes, all those little kids were injected with mercury. And yes, autism rates skyrocketed. But then when the mercury was taken out of the vaccines, the autism rates didn't come back down. Therefore, the logic goes, vaccines are safe!

Quote:Were the journalists injected with mercury, too?
The only thing that can be conclusively derived from observing all this is that mainstream media journalists continue to function at a very low level of scientific literacy, lacking any skills of mental reason by which scientific studies might be assessed. There is no thought that has gone into the media's reporting of this story; only bandwagon parroting of each other's bad conclusions of a study that, in reality, proves nothing. It's yet another hilarious mainstream media circle jerk, and the fact that so many people keep buying this dim-witted reporting just proves that this nation remains woefully deficient in basic science education.

This almost exactly what I thought when I read that pamphlet, and like it or not, it was Alex Jones who woke me up in a way to make me see right through the lies and disinformation in articles like these.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cuba develops four cancer vaccines, ignored by the media Cuba.cimavax-vaccineThe fac mexika 1 391 07-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Watchdog
  How Vaccines Harm Child Brain Development - Dr Russell Blaylock MD mexika 0 195 04-22-2014, 12:57 AM
Last Post: mexika
  The WHO: Cancer cases will rise to 22 million per year within two decades bristopen 5 420 02-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bristopen
  Courts discreetly confirm MMR vaccine causes autism bristopen 0 200 02-05-2014, 02:13 PM
  The Klinghardt Neurotoxin Elimination Protocol ...Detox from Mercury Fillings Andrej75 2 1,048 01-18-2014, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Andrej75
  Two-Headed Whale Washes Ashore In Baja California - Fukushima Mutation? datars 2 552 01-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Last Post: SiLVa
  MayoClinic says: detox therapy for autism is dangerous! bristopen 2 433 01-03-2014, 08:43 PM
  UNICEF Surveils, Defames Health Sites Over Vaccines - GreenMedInfo, Mothering.com.. bristopen 8 1,131 09-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Last Post: thokling
Exclamation Secret government documents reveal vaccines to be a total hoax Easy Skanking 6 695 01-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Last Post: jarevfra
  Corporations defraud people of California mexika 1 362 11-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Last Post: mexika