MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
WISE, GOOD AND STRONG

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WISE, GOOD AND STRONG
01-21-2008, 01:57 PM,
WISE, GOOD AND STRONG
WISE, GOOD AND STRONG

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.” John, 15:1

As the spring comes, all the vine-growers begin to trim their vineyards. The trimming of the vineyard is a pitiful sight! From wherever you look at the vine, you will see that it cries. But if you go to a vineyard in summer, you will see that each vine-twig is dressed in a beautiful garment and several ripe bunches of grapes hang on it. One sight is the vineyard in spring and another – by the end of summer.

As disciples, you should study things in the course of their development, from their beginning to their end, to have an idea of all the processes that are going on in Nature – not only for these fragmentary processes that you by chance have witnessed. Only in this situation can the disciple acquire those forces that are needed for his development. If he stops only at vine trimming, the disciple will not acquire anything. What is there in a trimmed vine? There is one bare vine-twig with one or two “eyes”. As the vine-growers want the vine to bear less, but bigger bunches of grapes, they leave one eye on each vine-twig; if they want to get more bunches of grapes – they leave two eyes on each twig. But there are cases when they do not leave even a single eye on the vine-twig. They do so when they want the vine-growers to get rest. This year it will not give any fruit, but the next year the yield will be bountiful. The same thing happens with a man as well. There are fruitless years in the human life, too. What are one, two, three, or more years in comparison with the whole of eternity? In relation to eternity the year is equal to one second. Light moves at 300,000 kilometres per second. How much time would it take to walk this way if each day you cover 50 kilometres? Estimate to see what the relation is between the speed of light and of man for every second. So do not worry that you have not succeeded to do what other people could. It is important that you should develop naturally, go from one process to another and use them reasonably. Continuity is required from a man – he should not rest his attention on separate processes, but to make something integral from them and express his opinion just after that. The disciple should be wise, but he has to be good and strong as well. The gifted disciple has the following characteristics: wise, good, and strong.

As he came to Earth man had an aim – to find something, to acquire some wealth. In this respect a man is like a seeker, like a treasure-hunter. I take the word “treasure-seeker” in its broad sense. Someone seeks a buried treasure; another – some old book in which great things are written; still another seeks a precious stone left from forefathers and ancestors; another tours around as some spy, looking for a suitable place to settle. Whatever man seeks, however he works, he should know that he has come to the world with a certain mission, which he should neither overestimate nor underestimate. In order for man to fulfil his mission, man has to be wise, good, and brave.

A 12-year old girl had been left an orphan – without a father or mother. Her father had been a violinist and her mother - a good singer. They could not leave any inheritance to their only child except the violin of the father and the nice voice of the mother. As she was left alone, the girl began to think what to do in order to develop her gifts, inherited from her parents. She knew that a banker lived near them, a big millionaire, and decided to visit him and to ask for some help from him. One day, she entered his office and asked him: Would you like me to play and sing for a while for you? – I will listen with pleasure. The girl began to sing and play her elementary exercises on the violin. After that, she said to the banker: Can you grant me some amount with which I can study abroad and graduate my education in violin and singing? – I can, I will do you a favour with pleasure. – As I finish my education, I will repay you the sum you have given to me. Besides, if you keep your liability, I can predict right now that after my return from abroad, you will marry a good young woman and God will bless you for the favour you did. This girl was little, but she was known by her kindness, rationality, and courage.

Many people get discouraged, because they cannot obtain their wishes. Why? Because they were left orphans, without a father and mother and there was not anyone to care for them. They are wrong in their arguments, though. The father and the mother never die. No matter how little this girl was, she knew, that her father and mother had gone to do their work, while she was left on Earth, so that she could continue their mission. A man should be brave and reasonable and he should know that he is alone in the world and that in whatever situation he might find himself, there is someone to take care of him.

A rich and wealthy man went to his cornfield to work. In his absence, one of his neighbours - a good, young woman – used to go to his house; she used to clean, wash, put the house in order, then cook and leave the house. She knew where the master kept his key and on finishing her job, she used to leave it there again. The master wondered who did this, but could not find the author of the good deed. One day, he returned from the field earlier and found the neighbour’s girl in his place. – Is it you who does this? If you like, you can stay with me. You will always be “welcome” at my place.

I say: If a man cannot find the key of his locked house, so that he can clean, wash, and sweep it – he cannot attain anything. If he can do that, he is welcome by everyone – he will get the Divine blessing and the Love of the surrounding people.

You say: is it proper for a man to open his locked house and begin cleaning and washing it? To ask such a question is to ask if it is right to do well, or not. When it comes into question for the good – do not ask. Open the house of any man and do this good. Everyone likes the good. Just this man can do good properly, the one who is wise, good, and strong. Christ says: “I am the vine, you are the vine-twigs and my Father is the gardener.” The vine symbolizes the good in the world, the vine-twigs – the reasonability, and the Father – the strength. The Strong One creates and trims the twigs. Consequently, do not be afraid of the trials; that is – of the trimming. The Strong One trims; that is – sends trials to the human. He knows when and how to trim. As He trims, he throws what is not necessary and he keeps what is necessary for the vine – with one, two, or three eyes and sometimes even without any eyes. The eyes symbolize the capabilities given to a man. The greater his capabilities are, the bigger his achievements are. In order to achieve something, man should work, try hard, and pray.

As disciples, you should learn how to pray properly. The prayer is a way to an achievement. To pray properly means to learn how to talk to God rationally. As he learns to talk rationally, man already knows how to move his tongue and his mouth. Such prayer is always being accepted. The mouth should learn to properly receive and give. The tongue is like an inspector, who examines things. Sometimes, though, he can be bribed and can make mistakes also. It is enough to give him something sweet and he allows the food to descend freely downwards. As soon as the food gets inside, it encounters a strict inspector – the stomach. It is very exacting. As soon as it becomes aware that some food has entered in there, which is not suitable for the whole organism, it says: Such things are not accepted here. Out! Sometimes there is a disagreement between the tongue and the stomach – a disagreement from which the whole organism suffers. The tongue says: Be more philanthropic. Let this food get in. The stomach says: I do not accept. What enters inside should be worthy of me.

Continue to read:
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message491722/pg1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Good Samaritan Solve et Coagula 0 340 04-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  Now, let's concentrate for five minutes and send one good thought to the whole world Solve et Coagula 0 384 02-21-2012, 02:29 PM
  This is how good finally triumphs Solve et Coagula 0 370 02-21-2012, 12:16 PM
  Evil is limited, Good is limitless Solve et Coagula 0 455 07-27-2011, 11:40 PM
  All Things Work Together For Good Solve et Coagula 1 629 01-16-2011, 01:53 PM
  THE GOOD Solve et Coagula 0 474 10-24-2010, 05:31 PM
  Remember Gospel of Judas discovery and how they painted him as a good guy? Well, the truth comes out. MikeWB 3 715 12-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Last Post: 0110110
  THE GOOD SEED Solve et Coagula 0 371 10-05-2007, 05:30 PM
  Why God Said No Re: Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil SerialExpLain 11 1,227 02-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Adonai