Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Taoist Astrology
04-16-2008, 01:55 PM,
#31
Taoist Astrology
Quote:February 2, 2008 will see the Chinese New Year ushering in good tidings for you, with another Year of the Rat. In your own year your already robust creativity will grow even greater. Luck will follow you where you go and financial gains will reveal themselves to you. You'll flourish in 2008 without much trouble, mostly because you spent 2007 in the planning stages laying some ground work for this year's endeavors. (right? :biggrin:)

How'd I do?

Peace.
666

Finally, I've had the time to (objectively) read my horoscope and leave a comment. I'd like to thank you for taking the time to type it out and post it here. :biggrin:

I didn't want to fall into the usual trap of confirmation bias while reading your predictions so I asked a few friends, relatives and colleagues to read it so I could canvas their opinions. Overall the horoscope is hit and miss and in several places bears absolutely no resemblance to me at all. Guesswork would probably have yielded the same results.

Thank you once again for taking the time to do this - much appreciated. :smile:

peace


M.E
Reply
05-08-2008, 05:21 AM,
#32
Taoist Astrology
Here's another if you're interested...

1966 - 9:10 p.m.
None Are More Hopelessly Enslaved
Than Those That Falsely Believe They Are Free
- Goethe
Reply
05-08-2008, 12:57 PM,
#33
Taoist Astrology
Alright resident astrologer:rolleyes:1982 - 2:49 am :biggrin:
shZ - Minimal Tech Session v2.3
Style: Minimal, Techno, Tech House, Progressive House
Download link: Minimal Tech Sessions v2.3


shZ - Minimal Tech Session v1.3 / The Journey to Here
Style: Minimal, Techno, Tech House, Breaks / Progressive House, Minimal Tech House
Download link: Minimal Tech Sessions v1.3 / The Journey to Here


shZ - Lucid Perceptions (A New Beggining) / Psy Eclipse
Style: Trance, Progressive Trance/House, Breaks / Psy Trance, Goa Trance, Trance
Download link: Lucid Perceptions (A New Beggining) / Psy Eclipse
Reply
05-09-2008, 12:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2008, 12:20 AM by triplesix.)
#34
Taoist Astrology
Hey Swansong and Shz,

I didn't see that interest had been resurrected in this post. I'm happy to toss out a couple of analyses for you both. I just smoked a blunt of the magic fortune telling herb so I'm in prime mood to get started. I'll start with you Swansong because you slipped in there first.

First off Swansong, right off the bat you are officially a "red horse, boar rising."

The horse is a very well-respected and dare I say 'heavenly' or perhaps 'cosmic' birthsign. Interestingly the modern horse was native to the rolling steppe for which 'middle Asia' and it's savage horsemen are so infamous. The horse was instrumental to Asian warfare and became both a weapon of war and an object of affluence and hobby for the elite of ancient China. Emperors were extensively selectively breeding horses and recording their methods and terminology back to the first millenium AD. This provides some insight onto the traits considered integral to this heavenly beast.

Horses are bright, popular, amiable and fun loving. You probably love parties, get togethers, barbecues, even large crowds. I bet the buzz of large groups of people and the spectacle of human interaction appeals to you. You enjoy film, theater, live performance entertainment of any kind really. You are not a loner by any stretch of the imagination. Possessing a child-like innocence in your perception of the world, you attract many friends. Because of your love for society you probably tend to your appearance a great deal and have a polished, personal look. In addition, because you will not hesitate to pay any price to purchase fine clothing and acoutrement, you will put in the work and effort to pursue just about anything you desire.

Being a frank, natural communicator and a brave, warrior-defined spirit, you dislike agendas and hidden motives. Additionally you cannot be bothered to sit around and wait for indecisive people. For yourself, while decisions may not be rushed by any standard, you are quicker than most to arrive at your conclusion and once there will not hesitate much more before acting. At times, though, this quick decision making appears reckless to friends and may alienate your more cautious and low-key associates.

You probably enjoy a fairly carefree life but not from some mythical source of good luck. Intuitive and decisive your ability to move quickly in the right direction while many are still standing around enables you to make the right decisions and succeed in life. A love of adventure and a desire to see the remote and uncharted parts of the world motivates you.

Being a red horse, you are dominated by a masculine yang fire energy, symbolized by, you guessed it, a roaring fire. The fire horse thusly shows itself in stereotypically 'fiery' personality traits such as expressiveness, opinionatedness, passion, aggressiveness and leadership but also in less commonly mentioned but still quite strong traits of reason, logic and etiquette.

The horse is already a fire sign, so with this doubling up of fire I can safely assume you are a powerful personality and probably even polarizingly so among your contemporaries. You are probably fit, healthy, attractive to the opposite sex (or same, lol), and prone to doing whatever the hell it is you want to do all the time, to hell with authority or consequences. While many horses might be simply draft work horses and beasts of burden, the fire horse is no such thing. A much more fitting vision is the oft-told literary vision of the naturally beautiful but wild and indomitable stallion or a talented and sprightly show horse as you are likely to be naturally talented.

At the same time though this recipe of vivaciousness is a prime breeding ground for obsessive or attention deficit disorders, even, dare I say it, sexual addiction. It would be a good idea to hone your ability to focus and remain interested in longer projects. Additionally a fire horse with no sense of moral boundary can become a scourge to the world. Without a sense of justice your dominance and strength puts you in the position to intimidate and unduly influence your mates. You must enforce your own moral code and foster generosity to see the most happiness in life. Otherwise you may find vindictive and subversive personalities organizing against you in whatever level or your life these feelings could manifest, be it family, friends, coworkers or neighbors, what have you. Watch out for 2008, swansong, as it is a Year of the Rat and the Rat is your opposite on the Zodiac. If there is a year for karmic feedback this would be it. It is more likely a year of hardship than prosperity. But that's just the influence, nothing in the universe is set in stone.

There is the matter of your rising sign which I neglected to even mention. I do this because the rising sign takes a 'recessive' quality in your case and here's why. Fire is a yang element, your birth year is a yang year, your birth sign is a yang sign, and your birth sign is a fire sign. This is five intensely dominant masculine energies interacting here. Your rising sign is the boar. A water sign. The boar is a feminine, yin sign and water is the most feminine yin element. These intensely feminine energies probably help to balance out your personality and make you more diplomatic and empathetic than most fire horses, but beyond that their influence is probably completely bogarted out of the picture.

In any event I hope this information resonates with you. So far Midfield.Enforcer seemed to be the only complete miss but that doesn't mean there couldn't be more. Hopefully though this sounds satisfactorily like yourself. Or at least that you enjoyed reading it! Peace, dude.

[Image: 87873733ELaury_th.jpg]

Alright Shz, let me blaze up quick before I get started again on yours, I'm not feeling very 'psychic' after all that. You are officially a "black dog, ox rising." I'll post yours as soon as I'm done.
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
Reply
05-09-2008, 12:42 AM,
#35
Taoist Astrology
First, let me say thank you very much for taking the time to put this together. I certainly appreciate the time and energy it took to assemble it.
I have highlited some sections below. The italicized parts are very unlike me (although they have appeared in virtually every astrological reading I have ever had. They also appear in other types of personality "tests" as well, so perhaps it is a part of myself I repress.).
The bold areas are the parts that especially resonated with me.

Very interesting stuff. Thank you again for putting this together for me.

Take care....

Btw...I would have thought with a name like swansong, I would have been the "Black Dog":)

Quote:First off Swansong, right off the bat you are officially a "red horse, boar rising."

The horse is a very well-respected and dare I say 'heavenly' or perhaps 'cosmic' birthsign. Interestingly the modern horse was native to the rolling steppe for which 'middle Asia' and it's savage horsemen are so infamous. The horse was instrumental to Asian warfare and became both a weapon of war and an object of affluence and hobby for the elite of ancient China. Emperors were extensively selectively breeding horses and recording their methods and terminology back to the first millenium AD. This provides some insight onto the traits considered integral to this heavenly beast.

Horses are bright, popular, amiable and fun loving. You probably love parties, get togethers, barbecues, even large crowds. I bet the buzz of large groups of people and the spectacle of human interaction appeals to you. You enjoy film, theater, live performance entertainment of any kind really. You are not a loner by any stretch of the imagination. Possessing a child-like innocence in your perception of the world, you attract many friends. Because of your love for society you probably tend to your appearance a great deal and have a polished, personal look. In addition, because you will not hesitate to pay any price to purchase fine clothing and acoutrement, you will put in the work and effort to pursue just about anything you desire.

Being a frank, natural communicator and a brave, warrior-defined spirit, you dislike agendas and hidden motives. Additionally you cannot be bothered to sit around and wait for indecisive people. For yourself, while decisions may not be rushed by any standard, you are quicker than most to arrive at your conclusion and once there will not hesitate much more before acting. At times, though, this quick decision making appears reckless to friends and may alienate your more cautious and low-key associates.

You probably enjoy a fairly carefree life but not from some mythical source of good luck. Intuitive and decisive your ability to move quickly in the right direction while many are still standing around enables you to make the right decisions and succeed in life. A love of adventure and a desire to see the remote and uncharted parts of the world motivates you.

Being a red horse, you are dominated by a masculine yang fire energy, symbolized by, you guessed it, a roaring fire. The fire horse thusly shows itself in stereotypically 'fiery' personality traits such as expressiveness, opinionatedness, passion, aggressiveness and leadership but also in less commonly mentioned but still quite strong traits of reason, logic and etiquette.

The horse is already a fire sign, so with this doubling up of fire I can safely assume you are a powerful personality and probably even polarizingly so among your contemporaries.
You are probably fit, healthy, attractive to the opposite sex (or same, lol), and prone to doing whatever the hell it is you want to do all the time, to hell with authority or consequences. While many horses might be simply draft work horses and beasts of burden, the fire horse is no such thing. A much more fitting vision is the oft-told literary vision of the naturally beautiful but wild and indomitable stallion or a talented and sprightly show horse as you are likely to be naturally talented.

At the same time though this recipe of vivaciousness is a prime breeding ground for obsessive or attention deficit disorders, even, dare I say it, sexual addiction. It would be a good idea to hone your ability to focus and remain interested in longer projects. Additionally a fire horse with no sense of moral boundary can become a scourge to the world. Without a sense of justice your dominance and strength puts you in the position to intimidate and unduly influence your mates. You must enforce your own moral code and foster generosity to see the most happiness in life. Otherwise you may find vindictive and subversive personalities organizing against you in whatever level or your life these feelings could manifest, be it family, friends, coworkers or neighbors, what have you. Watch out for 2008, swansong, as it is a Year of the Rat and the Rat is your opposite on the Zodiac. If there is a year for karmic feedback this would be it. It is more likely a year of hardship than prosperity. But that's just the influence, nothing in the universe is set in stone.

There is the matter of your rising sign which I neglected to even mention. I do this because the rising sign takes a 'recessive' quality in your case and here's why. Fire is a yang element, your birth year is a yang year, your birth sign is a yang sign, and your birth sign is a fire sign. This is five intensely dominant masculine energies interacting here. Your rising sign is the boar. A water sign. The boar is a feminine, yin sign and water is the most feminine yin element. These intensely feminine energies probably help to balance out your personality and make you more diplomatic and empathetic than most fire horses, but beyond that their influence is probably completely bogarted out of the picture.

In any event I hope this information resonates with you. So far Midfield.Enforcer seemed to be the only complete miss but that doesn't mean there couldn't be more. Hopefully though this sounds satisfactorily like yourself. Or at least that you enjoyed reading it! Peace, dude.

[Image: 87873733ELaury_th.jpg]
None Are More Hopelessly Enslaved
Than Those That Falsely Believe They Are Free
- Goethe
Reply
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2008, 01:42 AM by triplesix.)
#36
Taoist Astrology
ShZ,

The Dog is an easy sign to relate to. Unlike the somewhat esoteric behaviour of say, the monkey, or dragon, of which we only have an allegorical understanding of it's traits, everyone understands clearly the personality of the dog. Loyal, compassionate, one-sided, friendly, inquisitive, voracious of appetite, and the general love of fun and a care-free state of mind. I would say that you can fairly clearly relate the personality of the dog to yourself. Before you get too offended remember this is removing the obsequious relationship of pet to master and regardless just about any one who has ever loved a pet dog would consider it among the highest compliments to be compared to the legendary and enduringly adored man's best friend.

I said before you were a black dog. Black in this case represents the masculine yang element of water. This is perhaps most fittingly illustrated by the famous Japanese painting of the tidal wave.
[Image: hokusai_wave_1.jpg]
One criticism that could be lain on the dog is that the dog is morally neutral, adopting whatever gentleness or viciousness required of it by it's master, and once set, becomes relatively rigid in its love or, in this negative scenario, violence and aggression. This makes the Dog a surprisingly complex sign as while many traits are common throughout, the Dog remains a largely blank slate, allowing your elemental dominance to flourish.

Being a water sign, your masculine dog personality is balanced by feminine traits of sensitivity, compassion, empathy and a desire to improve the situation of those around you. This shows itself in creativity and expressiveness, and perhaps more importantly, provides a truly felt sensitivity to the Dog's often rigid sense of right and wrong. You can't help but see both sides in most conflicts and are the least likely to idly condemn.

Being intuitive and caring, as well as calm, generous, understanding and attractive you get along well with a wide variety of people. You have good common sense, often baffled by people's self destructive behavior. Open-minded, you make a good counselor, healer, teacher or guide. Some dogs feel the need for a crusade and revel in demanding respect from those seen as below them. This is of course where the term Alpha Male comes from. You are not interested in the fight for top dog status, unlike other dogs, you don't feel the need for reinforcement. Uninterested in appearing macho and talking trash, you are more like an independent and intelligent herding dog than a wolfish pack leader. You don't have the violent temper common to these types of dogs either.

Being a water sign you flow easily and tend to avoid conflict with family, friends or co-workers. You slide easily from situation to situation feeling relatively at ease with every new experience, enthusiastically moving forward in life at all times. You have a great sense of humor, particularly for the absurdly ridiculous. Like old school slapstick or modern day stoner humor like Adult Swim.

Because you were born at night you must be wary of over-extending yourself. Night Dogs love experiencing and living life and tend to embark on a million projects at once. At the same time, Night Dogs also try to keep going and going until they collapse exhausted. You might get your brain buzzing out of control and find yourself losing sleep and going nuts trying to do everything that it is you want to do, see or hear, or whatever. You need to be sure you don't take on too much or put too much into any one thing.

It helps that your rising sign is the Ox. The Ox is the conservative, rational sign. Conservative not in the modern sense of neo-con but as the 'traditional', pun intended, personality. It is the Aesopian sign of common sensical wisdom and fables and nursery rhymes. The Ox is the tortoise in the tortoise and the hare. It is the deeply rational sign that holds what most probably unequivocally know to be the true keys to success, though we might not like to admit it. These being, hard work, devotion, focus, tenacity, integrity, honesty, elbow grease, etc. These are what Oxen are made of.

There is an interesting sort of rationalization among the Chinese tradition regarding the Oxen. They believed that in the past people did not eat more than perhaps once a week, going very long without food and suffering long hardships. The Gods sent the Oxen to earth, telling them that they should inform the humans that they will begin to eat every three days, taking a few from amongst the herd of then smaller, more graceful deer-like Oxen. Unfortunately the Oxen accidently informed the humans that they would soon enjoy three meals per day not a meal every three days. Upon hearing this news the humans developed a voracious appetite and damned the Oxen to long, hard work. True to her word though, the Oxen is thus respected for its peaceful state of mind and dutiful approach to it's grueling place in society.

For this reason the Oxen is respected not just for it's traditional values and recognition of the value of hard work, but also for its peaceful reservedness, spotless morality and sense of duty. When you consider this in combination to your Water Dog sign, I think the personality is very clear.

Loyal, true, ShZ. The Oxen Dog. Does any of that sound about right to you? This was a little more 'abstract' reading but I think you can extrapolate what I was going for. Let me know.

Peace, dude.
666
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
Reply
05-09-2008, 01:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2008, 01:34 AM by triplesix.)
#37
Taoist Astrology
Quote:First, let me say thank you very much for taking the time to put this together. I certainly appreciate the time and energy it took to assemble it.
I have highlited some sections below. The italicized parts are very unlike me (although they have appeared in virtually every astrological reading I have ever had. They also appear in other types of personality "tests" as well, so perhaps it is a part of myself I repress.).

Very interesting stuff. Thank you again for putting this together for me.

Take care....
Quote:You probably love parties, get togethers, barbecues, even large crowds. I bet the buzz of large groups of people and the spectacle of human interaction appeals to you. You enjoy film, theater, live performance entertainment of any kind really. You are not a loner by any stretch of the imagination. Because of your love for society you probably tend to your appearance a great deal and have a polished, personal look. In addition, because you will not hesitate to pay any price to purchase fine clothing and acoutrement, you will put in the work and effort to pursue just about anything you desire.

You probably enjoy a fairly carefree life but not from some mythical source of good luck. Intuitive and decisive your ability to move quickly in the right direction while many are still standing around enables you to make the right decisions and succeed in life.

Cheers, man, no problem. It was fun putting it together. I learn a little more each time I 'look at the signs.' I was struck looking at the parts you italicized because it appeared to be essentially the opposite of primarily water-based traits. At least, the part I left italicized. Your rising sign is said to dominate your interactions with other people. I think it is safe to say you primarily didn't resonate with the out-going and "people-person-ness" intrinsic to fire personalities. This could be called a 'hindsight is 20/20' or 'matrixing'-type situation but it is interesting to note that a more sophisticated Taoist astrologist may have known better than to assume the yang influence was strong enough to cancel out the rising sign's dominance. It is just one of those things. On paper, the rising sign is dominant, but also yang take dominance over yin, so when you have a yang birth sign with yin rising sign, which do you assume is dominant? In your case, it appears your water-based rising sign has more to do with your outward personality.

However, that still doesn't truly vindicate me because if you were a water-dominant sign than you would more than likely find yourself intuitively sliding more or less easily through life. The non-italicized portion of your quote is still something you said didn't resonate with you, yet represents water traits.

This just goes to show the complex alchemical interplay between drastically different sign elements. While on the one hand you have a Fire sign, you also have a Water sign. They are bound to conflict and perhaps manifest differently in different ways at different times, ya'mean?

Anyways, now that I have the opportunity to analyze your response these missed connections just sort of appeared to me so I wanted to just bring that to your attention so you have a little more information, or whatever.

See if this revised interpretation resonates with you:
Your personality is marked with creativity, reflection, and persuasiveness. You are sentimental and feel an attachment to family and social contracts. You possess a joie de vivre and are always in pursuit of great sex. (Isn't everyone?) On the one hand, you possess the ability to attract rather than pursue. On the flip side, Water signs are receptive to fear and tend to be mired by self-doubt, hesitation, uncertainty, and indecisiveness. You often find yourself successful if you allow your creativity to face the harsh judge of public opinion, but nevertheless the fear of expressing yourself restrains you. It will be a life-long challenge for you to overcome your fear and become a full active participant in society at large. We water types have a difficulty accepting the spurious tedium of social superciliousness. (I've been writing too stoned too long; I love alliteration, lol).

Coffee, tobacco, alcohol, cocaine, opiates, even sodas and other repetitiously required intoxicants should be avoided. Not just because water signs are addictive personalities but also because water signs have sensitive kidneys. Stay away from anything too habit-forming and too harsh on your digestive system. Eat organic and watch your health. Qigong might be a good idea. Water signs are both naturally 'damp' and prone to stagnation, so our health can be mired by a sickly disposition and a tendancy to put on weight when sedentary. Try to stay active.

Anyway. Hopefully that is more fitting to your personality. Let me know what you think.
Peace.
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
Reply
05-09-2008, 01:44 AM,
#38
Taoist Astrology
Quote:See if this revised interpretation resonates with you:
Your personality is marked with creativity, reflection, and persuasiveness. You are sentimental and feel an attachment to family and social contracts. You possess a joie de vivre and are always in pursuit of great sex. (Isn't everyone?) On the one hand, you possess the ability to attract rather than pursue. On the flip side, Water signs are receptive to fear and tend to be mired by self-doubt, hesitation, uncertainty, and indecisiveness. You often find yourself successful if you allow your creativity to face the harsh judge of public opinion, but nevertheless the fear of expressing yourself restrains you. It will be a life-long challenge for you to overcome your fear and become a full active participant in society at large. We water types have a difficulty accepting the spurious tedium of social superciliousness. (I've been writing too stoned too long; I love alliteration, lol).

Coffee, tobacco, alcohol, cocaine, opiates, even sodas and other repetitiously required intoxicants should be avoided. Not just because water signs are addictive personalities but also because water signs have sensitive kidneys. Stay away from anything too habit-forming and too harsh on your digestive system. Eat organic and watch your health. Qigong might be a good idea. Water signs are both naturally 'damp' and prone to stagnation, so our health can be mired by a sickly disposition and a tendancy to put on weight when sedentary. Try to stay active.

Anyway. Hopefully that is more fitting to your personality. Let me know what you think.
Peace.


You probably enjoy a fairly carefree life but not from some mythical source of good luck. Intuitive and decisive your ability to move quickly in the right direction while many are still standing around enables you to make the right decisions and succeed in life

Perhaps it was the use of "carefree", decisive" and "succeed in life" that caused me to not relate to that part of the desrciption. I really don't see my life as having been "carefree" but it certainly hasn't been as difficult as others have had it. And I don't see myself as "decisive" although I certainly can be about certain things, after I've thought about them for a good, long while...lol

As for your revision....Ummm...gulp....lol...yeah...that's a little more "on target"...lol

Ok...you can get out of my head now:)...as I drink my Pepsi and smoke my cigarette, on my sedentary ass...

Thanks again...that's some damned interesting stuff...
None Are More Hopelessly Enslaved
Than Those That Falsely Believe They Are Free
- Goethe
Reply
05-09-2008, 02:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2008, 02:05 AM by shZ.)
#39
Taoist Astrology
Quote:ShZ,

The Dog is an easy sign to relate to. Unlike the somewhat esoteric behaviour of say, the monkey, or dragon, of which we only have an allegorical understanding of it's traits, everyone understands clearly the personality of the dog. Loyal, compassionate, one-sided, friendly, inquisitive, voracious of appetite, and the general love of fun and a care-free state of mind. I would say that you can fairly clearly relate the personality of the dog to yourself. Before you get too offended remember this is removing the obsequious relationship of pet to master and regardless just about any one who has ever loved a pet dog would consider it among the highest compliments to be compared to the legendary and enduringly adored man's best friend.

I said before you were a black dog. Black in this case represents the masculine yang element of water. This is perhaps most fittingly illustrated by the famous Japanese painting of the tidal wave.
[Image: hokusai_wave_1.jpg]
One criticism that could be lain on the dog is that the dog is morally neutral, adopting whatever gentleness or viciousness required of it by it's master, and once set, becomes relatively rigid in its love or, in this negative scenario, violence and aggression. This makes the Dog a surprisingly complex sign as while many traits are common throughout, the Dog remains a largely blank slate, allowing your elemental dominance to flourish.

Being a water sign, your masculine dog personality is balanced by feminine traits of sensitivity, compassion, empathy and a desire to improve the situation of those around you. This shows itself in creativity and expressiveness, and perhaps more importantly, provides a truly felt sensitivity to the Dog's often rigid sense of right and wrong. You can't help but see both sides in most conflicts and are the least likely to idly condemn.

Being intuitive and caring, as well as calm, generous, understanding and attractive you get along well with a wide variety of people. You have good common sense, often baffled by people's self destructive behavior. Open-minded, you make a good counselor, healer, teacher or guide. Some dogs feel the need for a crusade and revel in demanding respect from those seen as below them. This is of course where the term Alpha Male comes from. You are not interested in the fight for top dog status, unlike other dogs, you don't feel the need for reinforcement. Uninterested in appearing macho and talking trash, you are more like an independent and intelligent herding dog than a wolfish pack leader. You don't have the violent temper common to these types of dogs either.

Being a water sign you flow easily and tend to avoid conflict with family, friends or co-workers. You slide easily from situation to situation feeling relatively at ease with every new experience, enthusiastically moving forward in life at all times. You have a great sense of humor, particularly for the absurdly ridiculous. Like old school slapstick or modern day stoner humor like Adult Swim.

Because you were born at night you must be wary of over-extending yourself. Night Dogs love experiencing and living life and tend to embark on a million projects at once. At the same time, Night Dogs also try to keep going and going until they collapse exhausted. You might get your brain buzzing out of control and find yourself losing sleep and going nuts trying to do everything that it is you want to do, see or hear, or whatever. You need to be sure you don't take on too much or put too much into any one thing.

It helps that your rising sign is the Ox. The Ox is the conservative, rational sign. Conservative not in the modern sense of neo-con but as the 'traditional', pun intended, personality. It is the Aesopian sign of common sensical wisdom and fables and nursery rhymes. The Ox is the tortoise in the tortoise and the hare. It is the deeply rational sign that holds what most probably unequivocally know to be the true keys to success, though we might not like to admit it. These being, hard work, devotion, focus, tenacity, integrity, honesty, elbow grease, etc. These are what Oxen are made of.

There is an interesting sort of rationalization among the Chinese tradition regarding the Oxen. They believed that in the past people did not eat more than perhaps once a week, going very long without food and suffering long hardships. The Gods sent the Oxen to earth, telling them that they should inform the humans that they will begin to eat every three days, taking a few from amongst the herd of then smaller, more graceful deer-like Oxen. Unfortunately the Oxen accidently informed the humans that they would soon enjoy three meals per day not a meal every three days. Upon hearing this news the humans developed a voracious appetite and damned the Oxen to long, hard work. True to her word though, the Oxen is thus respected for its peaceful state of mind and dutiful approach to it's grueling place in society.

For this reason the Oxen is respected not just for it's traditional values and recognition of the value of hard work, but also for its peaceful reservedness, spotless morality and sense of duty. When you consider this in combination to your Water Dog sign, I think the personality is very clear.

Loyal, true, ShZ. The Oxen Dog. Does any of that sound about right to you? This was a little more 'abstract' reading but I think you can extrapolate what I was going for. Let me know.

Peace, dude.
666
Nice :smile:! How long have you been in to astrology for :smile: ?

EDIT: Whoops, quoted the wrong post :tongue:.
shZ - Minimal Tech Session v2.3
Style: Minimal, Techno, Tech House, Progressive House
Download link: Minimal Tech Sessions v2.3


shZ - Minimal Tech Session v1.3 / The Journey to Here
Style: Minimal, Techno, Tech House, Breaks / Progressive House, Minimal Tech House
Download link: Minimal Tech Sessions v1.3 / The Journey to Here


shZ - Lucid Perceptions (A New Beggining) / Psy Eclipse
Style: Trance, Progressive Trance/House, Breaks / Psy Trance, Goa Trance, Trance
Download link: Lucid Perceptions (A New Beggining) / Psy Eclipse
Reply
05-09-2008, 02:06 AM,
#40
Taoist Astrology
Ohh, please do mine.

1977 December 7th

3:30pm
Reply
05-09-2008, 02:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2008, 02:09 AM by triplesix.)
#41
Taoist Astrology
I've been a little lazy the past few months with my Chinese language and Taoist astrology studies. I've been gearing up to move so my whole life seems to be put on hold apartment hunting and boxing up my life. At this point I'd say I've spent the better part of a year and a half reading up on it and experimenting with different people.

It's almost more that I'm putting Taoist astrology to the test than really learning it, though I'm certainly assimilating it into my long-term memory at this point.

It's interesting to note that the Taoists were incredibly pragmatic. They simply observed the animals, observed the people, and put together some astrological associations. In this way, it's been interesting to try working it in reverse. To look at close friends and relatives and try to guess their sign or at least element based on their personality. Both experiments have been fairly successful.

I have to say I'm as surprised as anyone else. While always a 'believer' of most paranormal phenomena, if you want to call it that, I was never a big proponent of astrology. I just thought it would be a fun thing to sort of expand my Chinese repretoire with. A sort of learn astrology and Chinese animal names, etc. at the same time. It's been fun.

Edit: and surprising.
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
Reply
05-09-2008, 02:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2008, 02:51 AM by triplesix.)
#42
Taoist Astrology
Quote:Ohh, please do mine.

1977 December 7th

3:30pm
Hey StingingNettle,

A quick glance at your signs seems to show a pretty remarkable alchemical relationship brewing within you. Let me break it down for you, it might appear a little complicated at first.

You are a Purple Serpent, Monkey rising.

Purple is the yin-expression of fire. It is represented by the small but intense flame of say an oil lantern or candle. This is a balanced alchemical relationship because fire is an intensely yang, frantically masculine element by nature. If you weren't tempered by this yin-energy, you may find yourself excessively fiery.

That's because your birth sign is the Serpent. The Serpent is also a fire sign so you are experiencing a double dose of fire. Again though, the Serpent is a yin-feminine sign, so it is alchemically boosted by the bombastic fire influence.

In addition your rising sign is the Monkey. The Monkey is a masculine-yang sign but it's element is Metal. Metal is a yin-element, but admittedly barely. Metal is sort of like a balance between yin and yang, but when it comes down to it, the scales tip ever so slightly to the yin side of the fence. This is because, the ancient Taoists concluded, metal is borne from the feminine 'Mother Earth.' There is a bit of an issue with the relationship between fire and metal however. While Metal can often withstand Fire, too much will certainly melt it to insignificance.

In this respect we can clearly determine you have a masculine, directness to your overall personality, but this is well-tempered by a calm and just yin-balance happening just behind the scenes.

Unlike most Serpent signs who tend to be introverted, you are a bonafide extrovert. You understand people well and have a mischevious interaction with your peers. You are quick-witted and often decimate fools who take you too lightly.
[Image: gadsdenflag.png]
Unlike other serpents you often say what you think and do what you want, damn the consequences. You are passionate, intense, spiritual, attractive and extremely charismatic you tend to be socially powerful making a good strong leader unintimidated by obstacles or naysayers. You will succeed in life because you accept hardship and are willing to dynamically work through your obstacles. No project is too intimidating for you, a results-oriented personality.

If you don't watch yourself you can begin to see the world too simply and in black and white terms. You can become egocentric, selfish, even power hungry. Being born in winter tempers a summer serpent's tendency towards ruthlessness and competition.

You prefer life to be on a grand scale. Excessiveness and extremes stimulate your senses. You probably enjoy fine food and surroundings and admire successful people. You may enjoy being the center of attention and probably have an eccentric or unique style of dress that attracts attention. You love to entertain and are frequently the host of grand parties aimed at pleasing your guests. You probably have a large circle of friends which values you and perhaps places you near the top of the pecking order. You also have an artistic streak, though more in the appreciation of others' works than in any of your own compositions. You are a lover of the theatric and the musical.

On the other hand you may be excessively callous to sensitive people and may alienate your more gentler peers. You would do well to learn to be generous with those around you. You must learn to temper your suspicion that often people are out to take advantage of you or use you. You tend to develop the feeling that most strangers are out to screw you. Warm-hearted forgiveness comes difficult to you, but is often greatly rewarding. You need to learn to accept those different from you.

Having a monkey rising sign is very beneficial to your already social personality. Monkeys are metal signs, and fire can melt metal. Thankfully, the monkey's personality traits mesh well with your fire traits and I doubt they often conflict.

Monkey makes you a witty and playful personality that makes for interesting conversation and good fun. Interesting and dynamic you probably find attracting people not especially difficult. Monkeys have a lack of inhibition and are blessed with many talents. You will find yourself in a unique and pleasing occupation of your choosing and will enjoy a life doing for labour what you do for love.

2008 is going to be a hectic year for you. You must remain focused and diligent to succeed monetarily. It is not a good time to make huge purchases or loans. Your busy schedule will result in many small expenses which will strain your accounting skills. Don't fall behind on the bills and be sure to budget in advance.

All in all it looks pretty good. The combination of fire and metal is not as outrightly conflicted as say Fire and Water. In the end, I'd say you're fairly well balanced alchemically, and probably enjoy a sort of contentedness in regard to yourself and enjoy a clarity of purpose. Again, it all looks pretty good.

Cheers.
666
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
Reply
05-10-2008, 12:11 AM,
#43
Taoist Astrology
You rock. Thank you.
Reply
05-10-2008, 06:08 AM,
#44
Taoist Astrology
Hey, I'd love it if you could do mine too... Seems interesting and fun!

June 26th 1982, 4:00 pm("ish")


I'm already aware there seems to be HEAVY water influences with my signs and all... being both a water dog and a cancer.

in fact, from what i've been looking into with all this, some of this seems so "heavy" i have to be honest and say it slightly scares me, for a variety of reasons..................
Reply
05-10-2008, 07:36 AM,
#45
Taoist Astrology
Quote:in fact, from what i've been looking into with all this, some of this seems so "heavy" i have to be honest and say it slightly scares me, for a variety of reasons..................

Would you mind expanding on that?

You've peaked my curiosity...
None Are More Hopelessly Enslaved
Than Those That Falsely Believe They Are Free
- Goethe
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  astrology and the bible NinjB 0 225 05-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Last Post: NinjB
  The Astrology of 2011 Solve et Coagula 1 624 01-21-2011, 02:00 AM
Last Post: springhawk
  What do Astrology and Atlantis have in commen! Jobujack 1 693 04-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Jobujack
  Astrology and 9/11 eyeland 18 3,241 04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Last Post: triplesix
  The connection between Christianity, Astrology and New Age kukel 3 941 12-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Last Post: kukel
  OPUS MAGNUM: The Book of Sacred Geometry, Alchemy, Magic, Astrology, Kabbala and Secret Societies of Bohemia SerialExpLain 1 1,407 08-16-2007, 03:44 AM
Last Post: SerialExpLain
  Astrology: Gemini New Moon - June 14, 2007 Starjade 4 1,004 06-16-2007, 05:01 AM
Last Post: SerialExpLain

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)