Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marc Emery strikes deal
01-29-2008, 10:35 PM,
Marc Emery strikes deal
For everyone like myself who thought Harper was just going to hand over Emery for life in prison, this comes as good news.

It's kind of old news but I didn't see it on the forum so I figured I'd post it.

Quote:Emery has agreed to serve at least five years in jail in Canada, if it means his two friends facing the same charges can remain free

Vancouver-based marijuana activist Marc Emery says his lawyers have cut a deal with U.S. prosecutors that would see him soon serving a minimum of five years in jail.

Marc Emery, nicknamed the Prince of Pot, said Monday that he has struck a deal with U.S. prosecutors to serve jail time in Canada. In July 2005, U.S. drug enforcement officials asked that Emery be extradited so he could face charges that he, Greg Williams and Michelle Rainey distributed millions of cannabis seeds to American customers at an annual profit of $3 million.
Original Link
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
01-30-2008, 12:31 AM,
Marc Emery strikes deal
FUCK THE DEA!!!
LET HIM GO!!!
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
01-30-2008, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2008, 01:41 AM by triplesix.)
Marc Emery strikes deal
You want to talk about bullshit and hypocrasy, I think Emery nails it:
Quote:He said he remains bitter that after paying more than $500,000 in income tax from his business, Canadian officials who knew what he was doing have abandoned him. "The Canadian postal service delivered these seeds for eleven years and knew full well what they were doing and they took my money," he said.
CBC News (1/14/08)

He's just fucked because he knows the DEA will murder his wife by preventing her access to critical life-saving medication, including marijuana, if they incarcerate her.

This is a good man fucked over to no end, and I would expect this from the Bush crime family run USA, but I think it is shameful and illuminating to see the Canadian government actively participating in the prosecution process of someone of whom they felt no moral dilemma towards profiting from.

For fucking shame...
&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
02-01-2008, 10:20 PM,
Marc Emery strikes deal
yea, there was a little doc. on TV cpl months ago on this. forget what its called, but certain shit in there seriously made me ill to my stomach.
a fucking DEA office in Van., Ottawa and Montreal? i think it was? what the fuck!?

and to hear these ppl put Emery up there with Angels, Triads, all these criminal organizations,
saying hes just as bad as heroin dealers/importers, etc. pure insanity.

we wouldve had the shit decriminalized here yrs ago if the states and the DEA hadnt stepped
in with their bullshit. telling us how o make our laws. this shit infuriates me.

glad as hell tho that he isnt gonna be handed over to the states, where they can lock him up for a long ass time, for doing basically nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US govt struck deal with Mexican drug cartel in exchange for info mexika 0 561 01-18-2014, 02:17 AM
Last Post: mexika
  Judge Strikes Down Canada's Marijuana Laws Again springhawk 3 1,598 04-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Deathaniel
  What's the matter with Marc Emery supporters? persecuted in alberni 31 7,310 01-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Last Post: persecuted in alberni
  Marc Emery punished(again) for breaking unwritten rule persecuted in alberni 0 816 09-23-2010, 09:40 PM
  Marc Emery extradited to US h3rm35 4 1,450 05-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Last Post: yeti
  God bless you Marc emery persecuted in alberni 0 675 05-09-2010, 07:04 AM
  Help Mark Emery --- 5 1,279 03-05-2010, 05:27 PM
  California Supreme Court Strikes Limits for Medical Marijuana Patients h3rm35 0 527 02-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Emery's deal shot down by Ottawa triplesix 0 669 03-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Last Post: triplesix