Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue-eyed humans have a single, common ancestor
01-31-2008, 11:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2008, 11:20 PM by Easy Skanking.)
Hi. My name's Easy Skanking and I'm a mutant. I come from a family of mutants. This is our story...

Quote:Blue-eyed humans have a single, common ancestor
Source
New research shows that people with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor. A team at the University of Copenhagen have tracked down a genetic mutation which took place 6-10,000 years ago and is the cause of the eye colour of all blue-eyed humans alive on the planet today.
“Originally, we all had brown eyes”, said Professor Eiberg from the Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology. “But a genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a “switch”, which literally “turned off” the ability to produce brown eyes”.

The OCA2 gene codes for the so-called P protein, which is involved in the production of melanin, the pigment that gives colour to our hair, eyes and skin. The “switch”, which is located in the gene adjacent to OCA2 does not, however, turn off the gene entirely, but rather limits its action to reducing the production of melanin in the iris – effectively “diluting” brown eyes to blue.

The switch’s effect on OCA2 is very specific. If the OCA2 gene had been completely destroyed or turned off, human beings would be without melanin in their hair, eyes or skin colour – a condition known as albinism.

Variation in the colour of the eyes from brown to green can all be explained by the amount of melanin in the iris, but blue-eyed individuals only have a small degree of variation in the amount of melanin in their eyes. “From this we can conclude that all blue-eyed individuals are linked to the same ancestor,” says Professor Eiberg. “They have all inherited the same switch at exactly the same spot in their DNA.” Brown-eyed individuals, by contrast, have considerable individual variation in the area of their DNA that controls melanin production.

Professor Eiberg and his team examined mitochondrial DNA and compared the eye colour of blue-eyed individuals in countries as diverse as Jordan, Denmark and Turkey. His findings are the latest in a decade of genetic research, which began in 1996, when Professor Eiberg first implicated the OCA2 gene as being responsible for eye colour.

The mutation of brown eyes to blue represents neither a positive nor a negative mutation. It is one of several mutations such as hair colour, baldness, freckles and beauty spots, which neither increases nor reduces a human’s chance of survival. As Professor Eiberg says, “it simply shows that nature is constantly shuffling the human genome, creating a genetic cocktail of human chromosomes and trying out different changes as it does so.”
“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after
equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ” -Nikola Tesla

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
02-01-2008, 07:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2008, 07:35 AM by TeslaandLyne.)
So the brown gene was not needed any more and blue was better
for the situation. Perhaps in northern climates.

Gene damage from radiation no doubt or being too close to God and his
angles like Adam. No, then everyone would have blue eyes.
No, Eve had the brown eyes, God left and left her next to Adam.
Oh,yeah.

Any reason for Husky dogs having blue eyes but Eskimos do not?

So he found a gene, we knew that.
02-01-2008, 07:46 AM,
i know someone with Brown spectrum eyes. their father has Blue spectrum eyes their mother Brown.Their child has Blue eyes. On the father's side people related have Green spectrum eyes.

it great people are working into this, even thougfh ultimately the results are in 'evil hands..but that gene is woven all around. tribes are flux really.
02-01-2008, 01:21 PM,
one gene code to rule them all? what bollocks! Yeah that sound evolutionarily plausible. yeah....1 person in a sea of brown eyes but it still manages to hang on. as stated before. bollocks. so he can separate gene codes, wow. shame he cant make decent analysis..
03-04-2008, 02:13 AM,
Science doesn't always reach conclusions. It often draws them.
03-04-2008, 02:14 AM,
he's still half right, .... all humans had a common ancestor whether you want to call them adam and eve or chimps. :rolleyes:
03-04-2008, 09:37 AM,
Quote:Science doesn't always reach conclusions. It often draws them.
I can think of something else far far worse than science mike :wink:
reality is a manufactured illusion

Self delusion is all well and good until it catches up with you . . .
03-05-2008, 12:38 AM,
Genetics isn't simple, but yes, most mutations have one single ancestor, and blue eyes and blonde hair is a mutation too.
One day Chuang Tzu and a friend were walking by a river. &Look at the fish
swimming about,& said Chuang Tzu, &They are really enjoying themselves.&

&You are not a fish,& replied the friend, &So you can't truly know that they
are enjoying themselves.&

&You are not me,& said Chuang Tzu. &So how do you know that I do not
know that the fish are enjoying themselves?&
03-05-2008, 05:51 AM,
What about Aussie Aboriginies. Some have blue eyes, or red hair, and other anomalies from what I understand, prior to any kind of European mixing.

What up with that?

MMM
Give me the judgment of balanced minds in preference to laws every time. Codes and manuals create patterned behavior. All patterned behavior tends to go unquestioned, gathering destructive momentum.
- Darwi Odrade
03-05-2008, 03:39 PM,
I mentioned it a while ago but I suggest EVERYONE here read Edgar Cayce's "The Story of the Origin and Destiny of Man"

My local library had it and it's a blast to read, he basically recounts the last 50-60,000 years of human history back to the original 5 root races, he does not contend to any creation outside of divine but a blast to appreciate the evolution and migration of the races.
03-06-2008, 03:35 PM,
Quote:uw. check out this copies sleeve..

[Image: 9780425093207.gif]

thanks for the heads up. what's the deal with Cayce?

I'm really not the man to ask but from what I can gather he's either a genuine psychic and/or an initiated Mason/Rosicrucian who may of been using their secret history as his "readings", but I'm sure someone else can provide a much deeper expose
03-06-2008, 04:02 PM,
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:uw. check out this copies sleeve..

[Image: 9780425093207.gif]

thanks for the heads up. what's the deal with Cayce?

I'm really not the man to ask but from what I can gather he's either a genuine psychic and/or an initiated Mason/Rosicrucian who may of been using their secret history as his "readings", but I'm sure someone else can provide a much deeper expose

yeah yeah, that's kind of what I knew of him too. first I heard the prophet bit and then then possiblity he was actually an initiate of a secret order of dubious aims...i just wondered if that was substantiated anywhere either way...

I hope someone can "shed some light onto this" as well..some kind of clarity to this issue surely has great bearing on ijnterpreting his written works..sure, no one can say if he was psychic or not but it should be traceable if he had masonic or rosicrucian background.

what with all the myth making around remote viewing etc. ...

For the life of me I can't remember where (I'm assuming a Texe Marrs-type dude) but someone talked about how Remote Viewing is the ultimate of "evil" and that you aren't actually visiting anything, but are simply being given fake visions by demons. How anyone would know this without participating is beyond me, but take that for what it's worth.

Remote Viewing is a strange motherfucker. There's a book on it called "Opening Minds" where the author thought it was fake and then ended up doing it, but I can't find many consistent experiences. One instant people are describing boats down the street, the next they're on Mars 4,000 years ago.

One thing that gets on my fuckin nerves though is how come none of these remote viewers can make an actual thesis of the history of it all? I've read through some books by first-handers and I always end up tossing them against the wall because each one contradicts the fuck out of the other.

It's state as a science is muddy IMO, that does not mean it is not a real phenomenon, just that it might be subject to just as much disinfo schemes as anything else in UFOlogy and ancient astronauts.
03-06-2008, 04:32 PM,
I wholeheartedly believe in the "New Age Religion" conspiracy, I'd say the only 2 conspiracies that stand up under every test is that and the "world communist global government" conspiracy.

Just to converstae, what do you take as the line between "genuine spiritualism" backed up my philosophical principle (you know what I mean) and the New Age horseshit?

I put the line at when you are told you can "bend reality" in any way whatsoever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who Needs Humans? R.R 28 7,161 11-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Last Post: R.R
  A New Breed of Human: First Litter of Genetically Modified Humans Born in NJ FastTadpole 6 2,321 06-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Last Post: temp9
  Are we the last generation of humans as God made them? hilly7 14 4,371 09-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Last Post: JazzRoc
  Barium in Chemtrails and Project Blue Beam Reboot 11 6,501 07-15-2010, 03:42 PM
  Neanderthal genome reveals interbreeding with humans --- 1 816 06-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Deathaniel
  Designer Babies / GMO Humans FastTadpole 1 1,646 06-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Deathaniel
  Common Weedkiller Turns Male Frogs Into Females h3rm35 0 622 03-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Society must decide if it 'will accept relationships between humans and robots' TriWooOx 0 741 11-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  GMO Scandal: The Long Term Effects of Genetically Modified Food on Humans TriWooOx 0 945 08-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Last Post: TriWooOx
  Humans Emulate Volcanoes in the Stratosphere --- 1 822 07-28-2009, 12:09 PM