Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Is this it? [Anonymous]
07-31-2011, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2011, 09:42 AM by MrRoo.)
Is this it? [Anonymous]
[Image: dnos.png]

Dear reader,

If the corruption of governments, the greed of corporations and the daily injustices of this world are known to you. Then it's time to stand up, it's time our voices were heard, it's time to take action.

We grow up being told who we are and who we should be, we are told what to buy, what to wear and how to be happy and if we can't, there's drugs to help. Our obsession with idols, entertainment, celebrities and material goods has us chasing unattainable wealth and fame as we subject ourselves to paid slavery five days a week so that we may recieve a few sheets of paper and two days rest. Is this all we are here for? To be shaped into molds and taught to relentlessly consume until the day we're finally put in the ground?

The worlds military spending is growing. As a species we now spend over of $1.6 trillion every year on the capacity to murder one another efficiently. Whilst over half the world, 6 billion people, live on less than $2.50 a day. Endless laws and legislation are passed through under the guise of protection that are slowly eroding away our freedoms. As we are burdened with the tab of never ending debt brought about by the incompetence and willful negligence of the ruling elite. The illusion of choice is bestowed upon us every four or five years when we are granted the ability to select between two people out of the millions that make up the population (who coincidently have similar upbringings, a similar education, similar circles of friends, similar wealth, similar mind sets and similar beliefs) to effectively take over the role of semi-dictator. Is this really a democracy?

I'm tired of this bullshit. Here's hoping you are too

http://www.whatis-theplan.org
07-31-2011, 06:54 PM,
RE: Is this it?
Hello there 'anonymous' MrRoo, and welcome to concen.

The only question I have had about this whole thing, is how can we be assured of the security of whatis-theplan.org? I love most of the main ideas of anon, but when it comes to all joining one site as a "hub" to make plans from it becomes a little more...well, institutionalised, if you know what I mean.
"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy
"To love is to be vulnerable" -- C.S Lewis

The Kingdom of God is within you! -- Luke 17:20-21

https://duckduckgo.com/
08-01-2011, 11:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2011, 11:22 AM by MrRoo.)
Well it has the same security as this website. No need to give your real name, no need to use your personal email.

whatis-theplan.org has a legal approach to change, there is no promotion of any illegal activities. So should the worse happen and your identity be revealed, then there isn't an awful lot anyone can do, bar disagree with you.

I understand that having a hub is a danger is some regards, but when you factor in the collaboration of ideas and being able to meet local like minded individuals and together as a group wake people up to this absurd system we find ourselves in, then personaly I feel this danger is justified. Everyone's ideas are just as valid, anyone can propose an idea, operation or cause we need to rally behind, the most well received get a bit of pr on the site and then globally we all try to get involved, though again. No one is forcing anyone to partake in anything. It's a real collective effort.

It's wonderful to see people all over the world get behind such a simple idea as freedom. I posted here because I believe that if anyone has watched even a hand full of the documentaries on the front page, then surly they must realise that the system is broken and it is not going to be changed by anyone but 'we the people.'
08-01-2011, 01:42 PM,
Cheers for your reply, great to have had such a coherent answer right off, I know it could have seemed I was being antagonistic to some, so cheers man. I totally "get" the website idea now, I didn't realise that certain activities are refrained from being discussed there, that was actually my main concern.

You are right about this being the place to post btw, and post away. I will re-file this from Off-Topic to "Breaking the Chains: Ideas and Victories in Asserting Freedom from Tyranny. Solutions based Philosophical Pro-activism." which is a more suitable sub category.

You'll find there are a few anons here in fact Wink This has been the main place to get info related data for many of us for many years (the tracker that is), and the forum has is where I've found the best revolutionary group and community of friends online.

Like Anonymous, ConCen is here also to facilitate the struggle to freedom. Here we're dealing mainly with the information side. So, if you have more things to post, video's etc, feel free as it will be appreciated.
"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy

08-01-2011, 08:38 PM,
(08-01-2011, 01:42 PM)Dunamis Wrote: Cheers for your reply, great to have had such a coherent answer right off, I know it could have seemed I was being antagonistic to some, so cheers man. I totally "get" the website idea now, I didn't realise that certain activities are refrained from being discussed there, that was actually my main concern.

You are right about this being the place to post btw, and post away. I will re-file this from Off-Topic to "Breaking the Chains: Ideas and Victories in Asserting Freedom from Tyranny. Solutions based Philosophical Pro-activism." which is a more suitable sub category.

You'll find there are a few anons here in fact Wink This has been the main place to get info related data for many of us for many years (the tracker that is), and the forum has is where I've found the best revolutionary group and community of friends online.

Like Anonymous, ConCen is here also to facilitate the struggle to freedom. Here we're dealing mainly with the information side. So, if you have more things to post, video's etc, feel free as it will be appreciated.

Nice description, and they also don't censor ideas a huge plus compared to there like sites!!!!!
Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
08-02-2011, 10:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2011, 10:51 AM by MrRoo.)
RE: Is this it? [Anonymous]
I just posted it in off-topic so I wouldn't be chastised for spamming. I think this site is wonderful for providing much needed educational resources. I've been lurking for a few months. I love just watching torrents being seeded, knowing someone out there is actively trying to seek enlightenment.

Keep up the fantastic work :] I'll hopefully see some of you on the streets soon with a mask, an idea and some lols for the disenfranchised

08-02-2011, 06:34 PM,
the word "honeypot" springs to mind...
08-03-2011, 03:31 AM,
(08-02-2011, 06:34 PM)rsol Wrote: the word "honeypot" springs to mind...

Just about the write the same thing there have already been shotgun style arrests of these proactivists. No better than wikileaks. You want to do something, do it - you don't need to join a group.
There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
08-04-2011, 03:20 PM,
It's a real shame we live in a world were I can only find myself understanding entirely your reasons to be sceptical of joining a movement to promote positive change within the currently defined laws of the land.

I disagree completely with the joining a group argument, I cannot think of one person who has brought about change without the support of like minded peers to assist.

But fair do's. Each to their own. Be safes.
08-05-2011, 01:40 AM,
The internet is tracked so we're fighting the battle just where they want us to on their playing field, where they make the rules and control the pipeline for the medium. Actions such as this strengthen the case for changes to identification to the internet (RealID) about to lockdowns such as DNSSEC, CYBERCOM and ACTA only giving them ammunition to that agenda.

In the meantime it provokes a response for ISPs to do packet sniffing and filter traffic like with bitTorrent when such a centralized filter is installed. Not to mention a potentially significant slowdown in traffic since everything has to go

More on that here:
http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=30496&pid=219904#pid219904

This whole movement appears manufactured and if it isn't it's poorly thought out in terms of the goals and the blowback.

The essence of Anonymous is to attack and dole out punishment. It doesn't build anything or suggest any alternative measures - just offence without regard to the larger scope of repercussions. I like their consensus system for picking targets and the fact that they are organized and maybe putting all groups in the same basket is reactionary of me but it's because anything that gets any press is already hijacked, infiltrated, planned from the start or leads us down the wrong path of information and/or action.

Groups can be a great vehicle to accomplish goals so I take back that last comment. I support true grassroots movements that set out to accomplish something of substance. Constructive actions such as home education networks, barter groups, farmers markets .. I've just become wary of a lot of them with the likes of We are Change, Wikileaks, Zeitgeist and The Egyptian Twitter Movement, the Libyan uprising in their fake online "revolutions".

On a side note: The Anonymous icon, Guy Fawkes was a assassin in a group who committed suicide when he failed in his part of the plot against bringing down the Church/Monarchy. Hardly the way he was depicted in V for Vendetta.
08-05-2011, 10:28 PM,
(08-05-2011, 01:40 AM)FastTadpole Wrote: On a side note: The Anonymous icon, Guy Fawkes was a assassin in a group who committed suicide when he failed in his part of the plot against bringing down the Church/Monarchy. Hardly the way he was depicted in V for Vendetta.

Huh? Guido Fawkes was tortured and sentenced to death and at the last moment jumped from the gallows after three others who were charged with involvement, just to add context. "Guy's" (effigy's of Fawkes) are still burnt on bonfires on Bonfire Night (5th Nov) every year across the UK, something not touched on in V for Vendetta.

Also, it is thought by many historians and scholars that Fawkes may have been a scapegoat.

(But that's just about Fawkes. I'm finding it hard to be anything but neutral in the Anon website debate. Both sides have very valid points).

08-05-2011, 11:01 PM,
Astroturfing is a form of advocacy often in support of a political or corporate agenda designed to give the appearance of a "grassroots" movement. The goal of such campaigns is to disguise the efforts of a political and/or commercial entity as an independent public reaction to some political entity—a politician, political group, product, service or event. The term is a derivation of AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass.

Astroturfers attempt to orchestrate the actions of apparently diverse and geographically distributed individuals, by both overt ("outreach", "awareness", etc.) and covert (disinformation) means. Astroturfing may be undertaken by an individual promoting a personal agenda, or highly organized professional groups with money from large corporations, unions, non-profits, or activist organizations. Very often, the efforts are conducted by political consultants who also specialize in opposition research. Beneficiaries are not "grass root" campaigners but distant organizations that orchestrate such campaigns.
08-09-2011, 03:04 PM,
Quote:[Image: 9v9CV.jpg]

To the Syrian people: The world stands with you against the brutal regime of Bashar Al-Assad. Know that time and history are on your side - tyrants use violence because they have nothing else, and the more violent they are, the more fragile they become. We salute your determination to be non-violent in the face of the regime's brutality, and admire your willingness to pursue justice, not mere revenge. All tyrants will fall, and thanks to your bravery Bashar Al-Assad is next. To the Syrian military: You are responsible for protecting the Syrian people, and anyone who orders you to kill women, children, and the elderly deserves to be tried for treason. No outside enemy could do as much damage to Syria as Bashar Al-Assad has done. Defend your country - rise up against the regime! - Anonymous

So they are attempting to incite a military coup in Syria and commending people for shouting in the streets; like that actually accomplishes anything. I like the message to the military until rise up, I'd change it to stand down and maybe protect the citizens from a UN/NATO foreign intervention and/or help them with a transition to self rule (protect supply lines, property and resources). When they don't do their "civic duty" I'm sure there is a plan B in place to suppress a real secession as opposed to military rule.

The action itself (attacking a website) is no better than the virtual equivalent of the UK riots. Vandals who think they are fighting the system when all they are doing is giving a reason for increased internet security. Who pays for the website security of a public website in the end?

It also shows their hand for when a cyber attack could actually be a good thing. Like a proof of concept that biometric ID banking systems are not secure. Any talented hacker is subject to being persuaded to switch sides (see Kevin Mitnick, Kevin Poulsen, Justin Tanner Petersen ..).

"The world stands with you" -- I wonder how many of these anonymous hackers are actually headed to Syria to stand with them.

A country can secede en masse if it reorganizes the societal structure by congruently building a peer network to provide a means of production, commerce, security, emergency response, communication (...) and deter unacceptable behaviour in a community if and when it presents itself.

If basic needs are not met, that failure will lead to self-destruction and a point where people will take whatever order they can get -- and you can bet there will be a faction keen on meeting that provision.
08-13-2011, 07:53 PM,
Tadpole: Armchair slacktivists who couldn't plan their way out of a soggy paper bag. That sums up Anonymous for me. I'm in the process of checking out the Web site that started this thread, because I honestly hope that Anonymous somehow actually builds some sort of structure and grows themselves some sacks in their efforts to "help people", which very few of them (percentage wise) really have any interest in. I am finding it difficult, and pointless, to disagree with any of your comments. Kudos on providing such a well thought out analysis.

I trust no one takes this response as an effort to deny members of Anonymous a platform to spread their hatred through misinformation, though. Free speech is a most valued commodity.
Truth appears in many forms. Find those that resonate with you.

- "If we do not believe in freedom of speech for those we despise, we do not believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
- "Humans are not a rational animal, but a rationalizing one." - Leon Festinger

http://avaaz.org - The World In Action
08-13-2011, 08:41 PM,
(08-13-2011, 07:53 PM)thokling Wrote: I trust no one takes this response as an effort to deny members of Anonymous a platform to spread their hatred through misinformation, though. Free speech is a most valued commodity.

Just to satisfy my curiosity...what "hatred"?