Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me translate something :)
05-10-2010, 10:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2010, 11:06 AM by ---.)
RE: Help me translate something :)
paternalistic liberalism :ugh:

"we are shooting you in the head for your own good"
(05-09-2010, 10:36 PM)joeblow Wrote: To be sure, it makes no sense to let people make important choices if we believe that they are unable to choose, because they are the victims of addiction or mental illness.

Those who are drug-addicts or mental-patients should not be allow to make their own important choices, since they are unable to choose because of their illness.

this is an uninformed nonsense statement - people suffering from psychiatric disorders often manage their conditions more successfully without the interference of the state entity. Time and time again we hear of the destruction of people as they are put "through the wringer" of the psychiatric profession. And then there are the conditions which cannot be "medicated" - much of the time such people are convinced by professionals that they have chronic co-morbid conditions in order to get them cozy customer with some big pharma group or other.

This is the beginning of a "politically correct" T4 programme lol

You are here essentially subscribing 100% to the new edicts of Paternalistic liberalism and it's "choice architects". Sure, sure, they'll plump up something reasonable sounding, such as - the drug addicts and the crazies cannot fend for themselves, we are going to be there for them to help them make the correct choices. But it gets far worse.

jolly bad show

Messages In This Thread
Help me translate something :) - Enteogen - 05-09-2010, 10:09 PM
RE: Help me translate something :) - yeti - 05-10-2010, 07:08 AM
RE: Help me translate something :) - --- - 05-10-2010, 10:48 AM
RE: Help me translate something :) - --- - 05-10-2010, 11:22 PM