Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me translate something :)
05-09-2010, 10:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2010, 10:42 PM by Enteogen.)
RE: Help me translate something :)
Thanks a very lot Easy Skanking! for helping me out and for supporting the cause Wink

The thing that threw me off was that "To be sure" at the beginning, like to be sure of what? OF WHAT?!?! It drove me insane and made me philosophize about the logical nature of that sentence for like 30 min untill i decided to get some help here Smile But then he talks about defining addiction, i mean how much of an addict must you be not to know whats good or bad for you? How do you measure addiction? And then to top it off, prof. Szasz is the main advocate of the idea that there are no mental illnesses Sad So that made me draw the conclusion that he might be ironic or smth.
Damn, well i guess if i would have read forward i would have understood the sentence thanks to that children analogy! Dang Smile Anyway, I really appreciate your help and hope someday i can return the fave!

And thank you too joeblow, i understand now Smile
If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia. - Thomas Szasz

Messages In This Thread
Help me translate something :) - Enteogen - 05-09-2010, 10:09 PM
RE: Help me translate something :) - Enteogen - 05-09-2010, 10:40 PM
RE: Help me translate something :) - yeti - 05-10-2010, 07:08 AM
RE: Help me translate something :) - --- - 05-10-2010, 10:48 AM
RE: Help me translate something :) - --- - 05-10-2010, 11:22 PM