Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Hawking loose, someone catch him & get him back in his padded room
04-26-2010, 01:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2010, 01:20 AM by NickHedge.)
Stephen Hawking loose, someone catch him & get him back in his padded room
Paging David Icke, David Icke please report to the Alien Transport Chamber.

If you have to use a theory to prove your theory then there is probably a problem there. If you have to use theoretical mathematics to prove a theoretical particle then could it really exist or is it just theory?

I have always considered Hawking to be a joke. I feel like the character they portray of him on Family Guy is probably closer to the truth than most people know. But one thing is for sure - he will come out and say whatever he is told to say, no matter how stupid it sounds.

Here is the latest joke he tells.

Hawking: Aliens may pose risks to Earth
Astrophysicist says extraterrestrials likely exist, but could be dangerous

Associated Depressed

updated 4:59 p.m. ET, Sun., April 25, 2010

LONDON - British astrophysicist Stephen Hawking says aliens are out there, but it could be too dangerous for humans to interact with extraterrestrial life.

Hawking claims in a new documentary that intelligent alien lifeforms almost certainly exist, but warns that communicating with them could be "too risky."

The 68-year-old scientist says a visit by extraterrestrials to Earth would be like Christopher Columbus arriving in the Americas, "which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

He speculates most extraterrestrial life will be similar to microbes, or small animals — but adds advanced lifeforms may be "nomads, looking to conquer and colonize."

The Discovery Channel said Sunday it will broadcast "Stephen Hawking's Universe" in Britain next month.

If you listen to the commercial for his new show on Discovery you will hear that they are touting him as the man with all the answers. Ridiculous at best.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken

04-26-2010, 04:15 AM,
RE: Stephen Hawking loose, someone catch him & get him back in his padded room
he's simply attempting to stay relevant in a world with a large hadron collider that's going to blow away everything he's ever postulated. The funny thing is, he's the only theoretical physicist that's trying to make hay while the sun's still up... either he is one of the smartest in the field, or he must have a great talent agent.
[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
04-28-2010, 07:40 PM,
depends on who's version of aliens you buy into i guess.... he's got a point though what would we do if we found primitive life on mars? i mean a donkey like animal at least...

would we consider them protected?
NO, not if we could train them to work as beast of burden in terraforming efforts, or if they tasted good.... you see where i'm going.

and past legends of aliens have not been kind, they posed as gods/ angels ... now they gave us civility but they forced us to adopt slavery, and money two great evils that are roots to the tree of evil humanity...

... of those which make aliens good and benevolent only are mostly found in central america and in the heart land.... and those aliens condoned human sacrifice, and they did promise to "return"

then there is camp 3 which believes were already under alien control (reptilians), or work closely with them (nazi's area 51 ect.....) these aliens do control knowledge and keep themselves secret...

he's probabbly right that aliens who travel around will not like us, or have ill will as the idea of a star trek space as much as i like it is not very real, or if so were not yet worthy, so the aliens who would associate with us would be like us and not part of some warm and fuzzy alliance....

... but as aside note some of his ideas are pretty crazy!, but then again so are mine....LOL
Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
08-27-2010, 04:10 AM,
Hawking is right,there could be a thing/society/lifeform that only seeks out and destroys anything that send a meessage to it.
For all we know it could be sitting idle very close by and only activates or comes to life when given a signal/message,many possabilities I guess.
08-27-2010, 04:34 AM,
rep +1
08-27-2010, 05:12 AM,
(08-27-2010, 04:10 AM)persecuted in alberni Wrote: Hawking is right,there could be a thing/society/lifeform that only seeks out and destroys anything that send a meessage to it.
For all we know it could be sitting idle very close by and only activates or comes to life when given a signal/message,many possabilities I guess.

Those are already here. They are in DC Dodgy
01-15-2011, 12:54 AM,
Being Métis, I say learn from history and assume all aliens
are like the Conquistadors until proven otherwise.
01-15-2011, 11:00 AM,
I've always thought of the whole alien scenario thus:

There are other species of life out there. no question. the chances of us being alone in the universe are...well...astronomical.

The chances of our discovery by an alien species is rare. Please note I said about THEM discovering US.

The chances of another species with capability to travel between stars or even galaxies brings us even fewer hits.

The earth is not that special. There is nothing exotic about it compared to other planets. It has life thats about it. useless to anyone else brought up on another planet with its own eco system.

The only interest we could possibly pose to an alien species with the capabilty of traveling interstellar is that of kinship. If we do meet anyone it will be by mistake. that could be the only threat. fear.