Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McDonald's head chef says no products are unhealthy
06-13-2012, 09:11 AM,
RE: McDonald's head chef says no products are unhealthy
April, when you mention dine in restaurants... My first thought was "Applebee's!". Seriously. If you did not know, they microwave their food, and some internet sources say (and a friend I have who worked there told me this as well) the lines on the meat from "grilling" were fake... How they do it I do not know. But most of it is prepackaged garbage microwaved and over-priced.

As far as McD's goes, they are unhealthy. There was the silly pink slime scandal, but as I said before, pink slime is not the worst of it... However, In all fairness, they do not promote obesity and such as much as we would like to blame them. All I am really saying is a burger and some fries will not make you bloat like a blimp. Now maybe their half (if that) meat half tvp burger and super large aspartame filled diet soda, you know, to lose weight, might. But people know this. One might almost say it is inherent for people with any basic level of understanding about food and this world to know what is good and what is bad, generally speaking. Ask people on the side of the street, they can easily tell you soda is not good, and nor are microwave dinners or zebra cakes. Will that stop them? Not at all. Heck, this insanely calorific restaurant named the Heart Attack Grill still attracted people.

McD's is bad, but people know that when they go there. However, unlike Super Size Me, it is not the very bane of society and backbone of all that is unhealthy. Many factors contribute to the problem, not some collective metaphysical concept known as "fast food" or even the more broad "junk food". But we [should] all know that.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - Henry L. Mencken

I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant. - Henry L. Mencken

Messages In This Thread
RE: McDonald's head chef says no products are unhealthy - Anarchist - 06-13-2012, 09:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Honest advice from McDonald's to its emloyees: don't eat McDonald's! bristopen 6 496 01-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Last Post: bristopen
  McDonald’s Closes All Their Restaurants in Bolivia mexika 1 514 05-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Last Post: thokling
  Nanoparticles showing up in thousands of consumer products April 1 804 03-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  McDonald's 4 Year Old Cheeseburger Video Solve et Coagula 7 5,057 10-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  Recalled children's Tylenol products were knowingly contaminated, says FDA h3rm35 1 489 05-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Last Post: ToddTraf
  McDonald’s, Burger King Accused of Selling Cancer-Causing Chicken April 0 611 10-24-2009, 04:56 AM
Last Post: April
  The Five Best Anti-Viral Products to Beat Influenza, Swine Flu, Bird Flu and SARS rockclimber 1 597 09-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Last Post: mastermg
  Recycled radioactive metal contaminates consumer products yeti 0 483 06-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Last Post: yeti
  Exclusive: Interview with Head of Mexico's Top Swine Flu Lab --- 0 386 05-03-2009, 04:20 AM
Last Post: ---
  Corn is Making the U.S. Unhealthy hilly7 0 379 04-05-2009, 05:36 AM
Last Post: hilly7