Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A small win for the people of Michigan =D
10-15-2011, 06:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-15-2011, 06:20 PM by Bluegrazz.)
A small win for the people of Michigan =D
-Regarding a discussion we had been having about the power of local government to really effect change- We had a small win in Michigan.

I know many of you will find this of little consequence , but to us this means ANOTHER win against the Federal Government and another win for consumer choice.

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/index.ssf/2011/10/lighten_up_michigan_lawmakers.html

-WE now will be the only State continuing to sell and MANUFACTURE incandescent light bulbs, once again telling the Feds that we have State rights.

My Thanks to Rep. Mike Shirkey (who I didnt vote for, dont like, but took my and other's phone calls and voted for the peoples will)

Michigan is becoming one of the most free States in the USA. We have lots of work to do but we now (in the last six years) have went from nearly losing our 2nd amendment rights (CCW's were impossible to get) to having some of the best protection for Gun owners rights and giving CCW's to anyone without a Felony. Have went from totalitarianism in our Cannabis laws which culminated in the massacre at Rainbow Farms (interesting articles and books about the little known murder of Cannabis activists under the order of our Attorney General) to having some fantastic Cannabis Laws (And we are working towards Legalization in our State) and now we have snubbed our nose once again over ...Light Bulbs, lol.

Its a very small thing to some, but to us its another win on the scorecard and hopefully brings some good jobs to the area.

Michigan has a long way to go in bringing jobs back and in many areas, but we are also among the more improved States (easy to improve when you are dead last , lol)

-Just thought I would bring up what I consider a win for the people, even if its a small one.

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2011/10/right_to_light_legislation_pas.html

EDIT: Great quote... "I certainly think giving our citizens a choice between a $5 mercury-filled curlicue light bulb or a 50-cent incandescent bulb is worthwhile," he said. "We're giving them a chance to decide." State Rep. Tom McMillin
[Image: soldierpie.gif]

Messages In This Thread
A small win for the people of Michigan =D - Bluegrazz - 10-15-2011, 06:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video THE PEOPLE v THE BANKS: Conviction beats Eviction drummer 12 6,598 02-01-2014, 08:38 AM
Last Post: logos
Thumbs Down Michigan Resident Faces 93 Days in Jail For Vegetable Garden FastTadpole 14 4,422 10-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Last Post: SiLVa
  Restoring the Fourth Amendment: How We, the People, Can Win Over Washington h3rm35 0 913 07-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Last Post: h3rm35
Star "Corporations are people too" ... Murray Hill, Inc. running for office solar 1 1,262 01-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Last Post: joeblow
  Primates are people too jack 13 4,010 06-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Last Post: drew hempel
  People of Ireland - Vote NO Against Lisbon Treaty yassin 2 1,840 04-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Last Post: yassin