MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Mel Gibson's Next Movie?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mel Gibson's Next Movie?
01-06-2007, 08:53 AM,
Mel Gibson's Next Movie?
I've done some research into Mormonism in the last few years. One concept that just really creeped me out is the doctrine of "Blood Atonement".

If anyone hasn't heard of this. It's the belief that there's some sins that can only be forgiven by the killing of the offender.

Here it is from the words of Brigam Young

on February 8, 1857, Young taught:

Quote:"There are sins that men commit for which they cannot receive forgiveness in this world, or in that which is to come, and if they had their eyes open to see their true condition, they would be perfectly willing to have their blood spilt upon the ground, that the smoke thereof might ascend to heaven as an offering for their sins, and the smoking incense would atone for their sins, whereas, if such is not the case, they will stick to them and remain upon them in the spirit world ... Now take a person in this congregation who has knowledge with regard to being saved in the kingdom of our God and our Father and being exalted, one who knows and understands the principles of eternal life, and sees the beauty and excellency of the eternities before him compared with the vain and foolish things of the world, and suppose that he is taken in a gross fault, that he has committed a sin he knows will deprive him of the exaltation he desires, and that he cannot attain to it without the shedding of his blood, and also knows that by having his blood shed he will atone for that sin, and be saved and exalted with the Gods, is there a man or woman in this house but would say, 'shed my blood that I might be saved and exalted with the Gods?' All mankind love themselves, and let these principles be known by an individual and he would be glad to have his blood shed. That would be loving themselves, even unto an eternal exaltation. Will you love your brothers or sisters likewise, when they have committed a sin that cannot be atoned for without the shedding of their blood? Will you love that man or woman well enough to shed their blood?" (Journal of Discourses 4:219).

Ok this is where I make this off topic chit chat. I don't care if I'm ruining my idea by telling everyone. I don't really thing anyone would touch this with a 10 foot pole anyway so here goes.

We need a horror movie based on blood atonement in an old Mormon family.

Maybe farmers. Fundamentalists, 1910 or so. The daughter renounces Mormonism and attempts to run away but her family comes after her. They've heard about her sins, her blasphemy and the only thing they can do to save her is spill her blood.

I think it's a hit.

I can see the daughter all cornered begging for her life and her dad saying all creepy like "It's the only way to save you." "You must pay for your sins with your blood" "I'm only doing this because I love you"

This is scary stuff. Mostly because it actually happened. I myself haven't seen or heard of the concept used before in a movie. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know LDS is rich and powerful and would do everything they could to keep this from coming out. It wouldn't be easy for anyone who wanted to try. I just think the idea sounds a hell of alot scarier than any horror movie I've seen lately.

Somebody should make it. It will also help cast a little of the light of truth on Mormonism while freaking out movie goers. (dual purpose)

Mel if you're reading this ctrl knows where to reach me. :biggrin:

Apparently this concept isn't so dead after all.

Quote:Warren Jeffs, leader of the LDS splinter-group Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS), a polygamous sect based in Arizona and Utah, USA, has allegedly indicated his desire to implement the doctrine in his church. Former FLDS member Robert Richter reported to the Phoenix New Times that Jeffs repeatedly alluded in his sermons to blood atonement for serious sins such as murder and adultery. Richter also claims that he was asked to design a thermostat for a high temperature furnace that would be capable of destroying DNA evidence if such "atonements" were to take place
&We didn't have education. We had inspiration. If I was educated, I'd be a damn fool.&
-Bob Marley

[Image: idiocracyforpres.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Mel Gibson's Next Movie? - JohnDoe1984 - 01-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Mel Gibson's Next Movie? - GutSmoke - 01-07-2007, 11:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E-Motion The Movie vagabonder 1 322 05-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Last Post: mexika
  A Virus Called Fear - Documentary Short Movie vagabonder 3 351 04-10-2014, 04:08 AM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Anyone remember the name of this Movie???? charlieweird 4 524 07-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Krise
  Book of Eli (Recent Movie) Deathaniel 24 4,153 07-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  Illuminati Movie: 90-min.-TV-Spot for the Vatican/RCC Solve et Coagula 4 1,260 05-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  Get Expelled - The Movie - Super Trailer hilly7 13 1,869 10-14-2008, 07:19 AM
Last Post: xAMKx
  Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007) - Movie plasticfan 0 377 09-04-2007, 03:33 AM
Last Post: plasticfan
  Interesting Dagon Fish People And Obelisk Scene From Old French Movie Weyland 6 977 02-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Adonai