Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern science still turns a blind eye on levitation
03-24-2008, 02:21 AM,
In Oriental mythology gods have one distinguishing feature – they could fly. But ordinary mortals, albeit very few, also possess the unique art. For example, Indian Brahmans, yogis, saint hermits, magicians and fakirs master the art of levitation.

The Indian Vedas (translates as knowledge from Sanskrit) contain even practical guidelines to levitation. However, most ancient Indic words and concepts lost their meanings and concepts through the years, which makes it impossible to translate the priceless ancient text into modern languages.

As to ancient levitators, they could raise themselves up to 90 centimeters above the ground. They did so because the position with feet above the ground was more comfortable for them in terms of their religious rituals. They never levitated to startle anyone.

In ancient times levitation was practiced in India and Tibet. Buddhist texts say that in 527 A.D. Hindu founder of Zen Buddhism, Bodhidharma, visited the Tibetan Shaolin Monastery and taught the monks to control the body energy, which is a mandatory condition for levitation. Buddha himself practiced levitation too, as well as his mentor Sammat who could stay in the air for hours.

Nowadays, Indian and Tibetan people still practise levitation. Most oriental researchers described the phenomenon of flying lamas in their works. For example, British explorer Alexandra David-Neel watched with her own eyes a Buddhist monk sitting motionless in the lotus position , flying tens of meters, touching the ground and raising up again the way a ball bounces up and down after a throw.

Levitation was known long ago not in the East alone, but in Europe as well. Moreover, medieval European levitators also possessed their own peculiar feature. Unlike Brahmans, yogis and lamas, none of them had to master the art of levitation. They could fly above the ground in religious ecstasy without being aware of it.

St. Theresa, a Carmelite nun, is one of the first officially documented levitators. 230 Catholic priests witnessed her flight. She described her unusual gift (as she called it) in her autobiography dated from 1565.

“Levitation comes like a blow, sudden and sharp,” she writes “and before you collect your thoughts and come to your senses, you feel taken away by a cloud and a grand eagle…I was aware of myself hanging in the air… I must say that when the levitation ended, I felt unusual lightness in my body as if I was weightless.”

http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries...06-levitation-0
06-08-2008, 02:40 AM,
Umm -- that leaping monk in Tibet -- he wasn't leaping while in the lotus position. He was walking but more like flying with each step.
06-09-2008, 04:59 AM,
I just was reading MIRACLES by D. Scott Rogo -- that's the best analysis of levitation that I've come across. The book is AMAZING -- you can get it from http://anomalist.com
06-09-2008, 11:37 AM,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etSivpBHUmE

Many many yogic masters are hoaxers.
Not everything from east is good and great.
One day Chuang Tzu and a friend were walking by a river. &Look at the fish
swimming about,& said Chuang Tzu, &They are really enjoying themselves.&

&You are not a fish,& replied the friend, &So you can't truly know that they
are enjoying themselves.&

&You are not me,& said Chuang Tzu. &So how do you know that I do not
know that the fish are enjoying themselves?&
06-09-2008, 02:38 PM,
Quote:Many many yogic masters are hoaxers.
then they are not yogi, whereas fakirs always need sth physical to grope onto. unfortunately public demonstration of levitation is mostly x-rated.
frauds, or better stage magicians are a part of entertaining humanity, get over it or get your fake yogi tailor-made suit from hong kong. actors wear many costumes and pretend a lot.
Quote:Not everything from east is good and great.
yea. some things are just simply great and carried away bullshit appears globally. thank you for the insight, may it protect me from overrating and idealizing the exotic. i will keep this in mind next time i meet a tall gnome.

F = mass x gematria
fooled constantly
06-10-2008, 01:10 AM,
Christians say Jesus walked on water... I consider the stories to be the same. I won't say levitation can't happen, but I can't say it did either.
06-12-2008, 07:05 PM,
Odd topic. I'd say science is turning a blind eye id people were floating all over the place. I've personally never seen one and I tend to be skeptical.:confused:
shZ - Minimal Tech Session v2.3
Style: Minimal, Techno, Tech House, Progressive House
Download link: Minimal Tech Sessions v2.3

shZ - Minimal Tech Session v1.3 / The Journey to Here
Style: Minimal, Techno, Tech House, Breaks / Progressive House, Minimal Tech House
Download link: Minimal Tech Sessions v1.3 / The Journey to Here

shZ - Lucid Perceptions (A New Beggining) / Psy Eclipse
Style: Trance, Progressive Trance/House, Breaks / Psy Trance, Goa Trance, Trance
Download link: Lucid Perceptions (A New Beggining) / Psy Eclipse
06-14-2008, 10:04 PM,
The more spiritual we are the less bound we are by the body. It makes sense that those who are closer to God or their soul platform are able to act on that and go beyond these physical material laws and able to do things like levitate or walk on water with great ease:)
06-14-2008, 11:04 PM,
Still reading MIRACLES by D. Scott Rogo -- again a MUST-READ if you want the scoop on levitation (both east and west) - along with bilocation, stigmata, poltergeist, etc.
08-01-2008, 09:14 PM,
Up in the air like the Foo?

The rest is all CIA bull and myth pushing publications supposed to capture our imagination.

Non Relativistic science is the only way to fly on the aether.

08-02-2008, 04:10 AM,
http://www.gnn.tv/threads/5919/soliton_and_freemasonry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keylontic Science newworlddisorder 4 2,516 11-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Last Post: rakmeister
  The I Ching, The Most Modern Ancient Wisdom Classic Solve et Coagula 0 301 02-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  Wealth in the Light of Initiatic Science Solve et Coagula 0 431 08-22-2011, 06:45 PM
  India’s Science of Light Solve et Coagula 0 444 08-19-2011, 03:00 PM
  The Afterlife Is Real - Science Confirms Life After Death Exists Solve et Coagula 2 923 08-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  A New Theory for the Great Pyramid: How Science is Changing Our View of the Past Solve et Coagula 5 1,549 09-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Deathaniel
  Wealth in the Light of Initiatic Science Solve et Coagula 0 473 01-22-2009, 06:19 PM
  Politics in the Light of Initiatic Science Solve et Coagula 0 523 01-22-2009, 06:17 PM
  Politics in the Light of Initiatic Science Solve et Coagula 0 491 01-21-2009, 11:23 PM
  Third Eye Blind? Elitist Hindu Fascism towards Dalits plasticfan 1 776 12-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Last Post: plasticfan