Poll: Is there any hidden parts of the mind that can be tapped into under an altered state of (un)conciousness?
Yes, some pychics have supernatural talents and can control energy, time, manipulate certain items and/or others, and can even get telepathic powers with the right person.
Yes, some people can influence others and themselves but only with energy (Chi). Theres no such thing as telepathy or anything of such nature.
Nope, its all your imagination and tricks.
There is another reason behind magic, mysticism, and/or pychic abilities. (Explain)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not?
04-27-2008, 08:16 AM,
Alright im curious with what others think of these mysterious things. Please tell me what you think.
[Image: Palestinian_Dawn_by_Palestinian_Pride.jpg]
04-27-2008, 01:47 PM,
Quote:There is another reason behind magic, mysticism, and/or pychic abilities. (Explain)
Read Jung on Synchronicity. There are no special human powers of mind and there is no control over others, matter, energy or time. There are just coincidences which resonate with other events, which can provide some insight.

Quote:Yes, however, there is no soul and it may be the result from something else. (Explain)
I am not sure. OOBE is a real experience, it might be really a soul leaving the body or it could be induced chemical process in brain (some drugs can induce OOBE too).

Quote:There is no devil.
Since the Devil is invention by Judaism-Christianity and since those two are obviously wrong, there is no devil.
One day Chuang Tzu and a friend were walking by a river. &Look at the fish
swimming about,& said Chuang Tzu, &They are really enjoying themselves.&

&You are not a fish,& replied the friend, &So you can't truly know that they
are enjoying themselves.&

&You are not me,& said Chuang Tzu. &So how do you know that I do not
know that the fish are enjoying themselves?&
04-27-2008, 05:13 PM,
Thanks for the suggestion. The results are pretty interesting so far.
04-27-2008, 07:42 PM,
Just watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aos0hnwiHt8
04-27-2008, 08:33 PM,
Quote:Just watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aos0hnwiHt8

Always loved that vid drew.
04-28-2008, 12:02 AM,
1 - I guess answer 4 on the 1st, then again 1 isn't far off. None would be better.

2 - 1 on this one, yet OBE's usually do not control it, none that I've talked with anyway. I know, most are different than NDErs, they talk differently.

3 - I do believe in the devil, but all other dieties belong to one of only 2 groups, God or Satan, we're not powerful enough to select which one comes in when we leave the door open. NDErs know this 1st and foremost.
04-29-2008, 07:59 AM,
yes,

I didn't take the poll, tho
I thought it needed some none of the aboves.
I have some unusually opinions on soul

Some things are way beyond mere Synchronicity, IMO
&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
04-29-2008, 09:33 AM,
Quote:2 - 1 on this one, yet OBE's usually do not control it, none that I've talked with anyway. I know, most are different than NDErs, they talk differently.
Do you mean OOBE's cannot be controlled? They can with some practice.
I don't know about reality of this experience tho. I put cards I couldn't have seen to test it and during the OOBE went to check the cards. After I "woke up" I went to check the cards if they match the ones from the experience and they were different.
So what happens during the OOBE could only be very intense dream-like experience (similar to lucid dreaming) or some alternate reality which has no connection to this one.
The experience itself is very vivid tho. For the one who has the experience, it will in most cases convince him it was real. It really is an incredible trick of mind so intense and so real you can't distinct it from reality.

I really don't know about the case. In my experience it's only a trick of mind. Like the cards I tried other things and if you are aware of little details of the world you find yourself in, you will see it DOES NOT match to our world. It MAY be just an intense dream, from which you are awaken so fast you can't comprehend you were dreaming.
On the other side, the experience is so intense, I just can't deny the possibility it could be real.

EDIT: a very simple and light OOBE can also be induced by staring at your image in the mirror for a long time while relaxing. If you try concentrating on tought your mind is actually in the person in the mirror, your brain will get confused pretty soon and if the conditions are right, you could "switch bodies" for a moment or at least get pretty confused where you really are.
This experience does nowhere near match the OOBEs induced during the meditation and deep hypnogogia but the process in brain is the same, the mechanism is the same.
One day Chuang Tzu and a friend were walking by a river. &Look at the fish
swimming about,& said Chuang Tzu, &They are really enjoying themselves.&

&You are not a fish,& replied the friend, &So you can't truly know that they
are enjoying themselves.&

&You are not me,& said Chuang Tzu. &So how do you know that I do not
know that the fish are enjoying themselves?&
05-01-2008, 01:51 AM,
I think I will try that sometime. I read a book on OBEs once and the author had different excercises for you to try and he has his experiences and stories to entertain you. I cant find the book right now but Ill keep looking.
05-01-2008, 01:55 AM,
systema MG
05-01-2008, 02:09 AM,
Quote:systema MG
Huh?
05-01-2008, 02:24 AM,
Quote:
Quote:systema MG
Huh?

"systema"
05-01-2008, 02:31 AM,
This? I see.
05-01-2008, 02:34 AM,
yeah. it goes beyond the normal physical at the highest levels. best martial art out there
05-01-2008, 02:41 AM,
as in - you be into enegy balls and all that... that i can nt do but systema is conemporary "out there" ´john chang in spetnatz stylee.

I died once. was all black empty space.not good, friends slapping me hard and ouming heart brought me back here. obe? nah. close down shit. but the soul? my soul wouldve been fuked hd i died then.purgat bitchism,no thankyou. thanks be. we must muster our strength. we are strong.:rolleyes:;)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heaven Is Real: A Doctor’s Experience With the Afterlife drummer 0 466 10-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Last Post: drummer
  Im not even sure these people are for real? nwo2012 18 2,877 08-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Doomsticks
  How to Make a Ghost: Magic and Mysticism in Tibet Solve et Coagula 0 342 02-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  The Real Unity of All Religions Solve et Coagula 0 355 01-30-2012, 12:10 AM
  The Afterlife Is Real - Science Confirms Life After Death Exists Solve et Coagula 2 924 08-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  can we predict future? (psychic powers and linear time) Solve et Coagula 0 469 05-17-2011, 11:59 AM
  Don't be afraid of Black Magic standvast 12 3,149 05-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Justinfinity
  Dave Mustaine: 'Black magic ruined my life' drummer 0 590 04-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Last Post: drummer
  Psi-verts and Psychic Piracy: The Future of Parapsychology? Solve et Coagula 0 513 07-07-2009, 08:48 PM
  Ceremonial magic and psychology Thought Experiment 10 1,468 02-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Last Post: symbolicsorcery