Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
council of nicaea myth debunked
09-23-2008, 05:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2008, 04:09 AM by nowheretorun.)
The myth that the "canon" was decided at nicaea is completely false, contrary to what many truth seekers think.
here is a short 7min video I just did that debunks the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh4OoIseGGs
09-23-2008, 07:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2008, 07:44 PM by psilocybin.)
What about the Sinai bible?

Also, debunking claims in no way proves that Christianity is true.

I always liked this topic:
http://conspiracycentral.info/index.php?showtopic=13776
09-27-2008, 10:46 AM,
Quote:The myth that the "canon" was decided at nicaea is completely false, contrary to what many truth seekers think.
here is a short 7min video I just did that debunks the idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh4OoIseGGs
wow great job, thanks for making this

make more
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

09-27-2008, 11:45 AM,
phew, now at least some of you can sleep well and snuggle with all that pre-fabricated hogwash you worship in that dark and disturbing way. lovely how you can justify the living daylights out of anything for the sake of your twisted masturbation and egocentricity.

unfortunately imho christianity has done the greatest of all jobs to shed a bad light on conspiracy theory and sincere curiosity, blocking any hope for deeper understanding of anything. the way the mutant monster of christianity, that has enjoyed so much propaganda on this board, isolates itself is particularily sinister.

i just don't get it, how especially so-called 'christians' totally lack impartiality. how can one be compassionate without taking responsibility? it reminds me of the insecure behaviour often displayed by homosexuals who place their 'being homosexual' as top priority, drool on.

sad and scary how you mistaken religion with being a member of a club of sun day school luna tics. this way you will never get a soul. not good enough.
10-09-2008, 02:05 PM,
Quote:phew, now at least some of you can sleep well and snuggle with all that pre-fabricated hogwash you worship in that dark and disturbing way. lovely how you can justify the living daylights out of anything for the sake of your twisted masturbation and egocentricity.

unfortunately imho christianity has done the greatest of all jobs to shed a bad light on conspiracy theory and sincere curiosity, blocking any hope for deeper understanding of anything. the way the mutant monster of christianity, that has enjoyed so much propaganda on this board, isolates itself is particularily sinister.

i just don't get it, how especially so-called 'christians' totally lack impartiality. how can one be compassionate without taking responsibility? it reminds me of the insecure behaviour often displayed by homosexuals who place their 'being homosexual' as top priority, drool on.

sad and scary how you mistaken religion with being a member of a club of sun day school luna tics. this way you will never get a soul. not good enough.

very colorful language there humbug, congratulations on drama;)

So much christian propaganda, really?
are you sure?
this board?
where?

Lets count the pro and con christian threads and see which propaganda gets the most air time around here. I want to see statistics !!!

OMG christians to left, christians to the right, christians above and christians below, the board is bombarded with fanatic christian, and they just won't shut up with the JESUS this and JESUS that. :P
&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
10-11-2008, 02:09 AM,
Your debunking is based on a strawman argument, which in no way proves the vailidity of christianity as it is defined in the Nicaean Creed.

I don't know who is asserting the point you are debunking, this is little more than an act of misdirection.

The fact remains, that the "offical orthodoxy" of biblical interpretation was formed with that council and creed as a statement of faith based on a certain interpretation of the bible, which included the exclusion of certain texts, and was of course a reactionary measure against forms of early christianity which the people who formed the council of Nicea were opposed to.

You can squirm all you like, but that centralization of power (by defining for everyone else what "is and is not" "Gods Word", which you take for granted) by a preisthood in no way reflects what Jesus actually taught while he was alive.

Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
10-11-2008, 03:16 AM,
Quote:Your debunking is based on a strawman argument, which in no way proves the vailidity of christianity as it is defined in the Nicaean Creed.

I don't know who is asserting the point you are debunking, this is little more than an act of misdirection.

The fact remains, that the "offical orthodoxy" of biblical interpretation was formed with that council and creed as a statement of faith based on a certain interpretation of the bible, which included the exclusion of certain texts, and was of course a reactionary measure against forms of early christianity which the people who formed the council of Nicea were opposed to.

You can squirm all you like, but that centralization of power (by defining for everyone else what "is and is not" "Gods Word", which you take for granted) by a preisthood in no way reflects what Jesus actually taught while he was alive.
ditto
Vitam Impendere Vero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Bible: Myth or History? Solve et Coagula 15 1,496 05-26-2014, 02:23 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Shambhala: The Fascinating Truth Behind the Myth of Shangri-La Solve et Coagula 0 608 04-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  Synchronicity, Myth, and the New World Order Solve et Coagula 1 432 09-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Bull Medicine
  Church of Satan: COUNCIL OF NINE joeblow 14 3,137 06-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Last Post: ---
  INTERVIEW WITH FOUNDER OF "COUNCIL OF EX-MUSLIMS" --- 1 575 03-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  Council Of Trent ephilution 0 358 11-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Last Post: ephilution