Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NIGHT OF THE LIVING JEWS
11-02-2008, 08:23 AM,
NIGHT OF THE LIVING JEWS
http://www.nightofthelivingjews.com/index.html

[Image: jews.jpg]

Hold onto your yarmulkes!!

On a dark night in a small farmhouse miles away from civilization a family is threatened by a force so evil, so sinister, so… Jewish.
Synopsis

On the first night of Passover the residents of a remote Jewish bungalow colony are turned into flesh eating zombies by matzoh with a dark history. In the hunt for human flesh, the zombies descend on an unsuspecting family in their quiet farmhouse. The loving mother (Alexandra Angeloch), father (Phillip Levine), along with their rascally son James (Adam Forrest) and naively seductive teenage daughter Sally (Sierra DeCrosta), have to tap into their deepest survival instincts to battle Hasidic zombies, killer payos (that’s right, those little curly side-burns), and antler-sporting zombie rabbis. It’s really the beginning of the end when a fairly tall but not so dark stranger (Nate Earl), who knows the situation all too well, miraculously appears. Journey through their hellish night of terror, romance, and a frighteningly non-kosher diet.
Production

The impetus for the film began with the most significant Jewish discovery since Moses invented the bagel—that deceptively simple, groundbreaking formula: add Hasidic Jews to any situation and that situation instantly becomes a million times funnier. Sam Falconi and Oliver Noble, both nineteen, wanted to make a short film that would showcase their unique talent—Noble as writer/director and Falconi as cinematographer. Friends since kindergarten and a film team since sixth grade, their recent projects, collaborations with photographer Roy Gumpel and filmmaker Enrico Falconi, have been screened at numerous film festivals including the Hamptons International Film Festival and the 2006 Woodstock Film Festival.

While working as production assistants on Racing Daylight, a feature film being shot in the Hudson Valley, Falconi and Noble met producers, John Bongiorno and Valerie Fanarjian. After reading the script and listening to their pitch, Bongiorno said to Fanarjian, "let's help these guys". Fanarjian agreed and put her life on hold in the hopes of making their vision a reality. This began a succession of seasoned professionals giving their time and talent to make this ambitious project possible. The list includes notable zombies Melissa Leo (21 Grams, the L Word), filmmaker Larry Fessenden (Wendigo, The Last Winter), and Woodstock Film Festival director Laurent Rejto.

Most of the crew doubled as flesh-craving zombies, shooting from dusk till dawn (your basic zombie hours). One shoot day lasted 24 hours straight, testing the minds, bodies, and patience of all involved. The young filmmakers called upon all their available resources, inventively working into the scenes items such as a John Deere tractor, a stripper, a live pig, jelly donuts, and a multitude of high-tech weaponry, including a cheeseburger loaded crossbow.

Also stopping by the set to help in various capacities were writer Annie Nocenti (Filmmaker, upcoming Patriotville), producer Richard Stratton (Slam, Street Time), author Kim Wozencraft (Rush, Wanted). In post-production, our group grew to include editor Brian Berdan (Natural Born Killers, Smoke Signals) and Grammy-winning composer Dan Blume (The Klezmatics, Sex Mob).

The film was shot on Noble’s parents’ property, transforming a rundown chicken coop into the farmhouse, and their small home into a staging area, sending Bearrito (the family dog) to hide under the couch, along with Noble’s parents.

With the filming behind them Noble and Falconi look forward to getting NLJ in front of audiences. They plan to have an Ulster County premier and then move on to conquer some of the major film festivals. Noble and Falconi plan on using NLJ as a calling card for raising funds for the next film project, hopefully a feature comedy/horror film. If that fails, they will make big bucks by videotaping bar mitzahs and brises.

home › about › trailer › gallery › news › mailing list › credits › contact
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

As a reputed atheist, the reverential nature of his film was surprising, but Pasolini himself said &If you know that I am an unbeliever, then you know me better than I do myself. I may be an unbeliever, but I am an unbeliever who has a nostalgia for a belief.&

[Image: Copyofsoldier2.jpg]
11-02-2008, 11:33 AM,
NIGHT OF THE LIVING JEWS
This is gonna go down like a lead baloon with groups such as ADL.

I watched the trailer and Im not so sure about it myself.

How about night of the living negroes, night of the living Muslims, Christians, Hindus?

There is a grey line you shouldn't cross out of respect for other people, many people stray into that grey area a little, this movie takes a running jump over it.
11-02-2008, 05:23 PM,
NIGHT OF THE LIVING JEWS
the film maker is probably jewish:) eg the only ones who can get away with it....
11-03-2008, 05:03 AM,
NIGHT OF THE LIVING JEWS
From: http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/Home/De....1.1&sflg=1
Quote:...Rabbi Mark Cooper of the Oheb Shalom congregation in South Orange, New Jersey says there are shades of blood libel in the movie.

“Blood libel is a belief that dates back to ancient times that accuses Jews of using the blood of Christian children to make matzoh. It’s disturbing and highly offensive. The belief has resurfaced in recent years. The references in the film are not so subtle.”

I asked Rabbi Cooper why the director (who according to various printed stories is Jewish) would want to propagate such a hateful message. “Some of the most virulent anti-semites are sometimes Jewish. It’s a self-hating phenomenon.”...

Blahblahblahblah.

MMM
Give me the judgment of balanced minds in preference to laws every time. Codes and manuals create patterned behavior. All patterned behavior tends to go unquestioned, gathering destructive momentum.
- Darwi Odrade

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I had a lucid dream last night --- 77 10,216 12-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Last Post: April
  Why we have to protect the Jews OTO 31 6,922 08-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Last Post: rsol
  Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany joeblow 0 656 06-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Last Post: joeblow
  Absolute Proof More Modern Jews Not Biblical Israelites --- 17 3,287 02-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ---
  9/11 "Living Memorial" in the Jerusalem Forest Hills Dedicated --- 0 492 12-15-2009, 04:09 AM
  My tax paying dollars gifted to Jews! Guest 41 3,084 09-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Weyland
  Ayn Rand - We the Living (Official DVD Release) Reboot 0 449 09-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Reboot
  In terrifying big rig crash last night. Guest 20 2,548 09-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Ratiocinator
  Prostitutes turn models for a night in Rio fashion show --- 0 419 09-01-2009, 07:25 PM
  War criminals living in UK 'with impunity' TriWooOx 0 515 06-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Last Post: TriWooOx