Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propaganda (2012)
06-13-2013, 12:23 PM,
Video  Propaganda (2012)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2279306

Youtube videos description Wrote:Published on Aug 3, 2012

Here is the formal statement I gave to Federal Police on 16 June 2012:

On a trip to visit family in Seoul in April, I was approached by a man and a woman who claimed to be North Korean defectors. They presented me with a DVD that recently came into their possession and asked me to translate it. They also asked me to post the completed film on the Internet so that it could reach a worldwide audience. I believed what I was told and an agreement was made to protect their identities (and mine).

Despite my concerns about what I was viewing when I returned home, I proceeded to translate and post the film on You Tube because of the film's extraordinary content. I have now made public my belief that this film was never intended for a domestic audience in the DPRK. Instead, I believe that these people, who presented themselves as 'defectors' specifically targeted me because of my reputation as a translator and interpreter.

Furthermore, I now believe these people work for the DPRK. The fact that I have continued to translate and post the film in spite of this belief does not make me complicit in their intention to spread their ideology. I chose to keep posting this film because - regardless of who made it - I believe people should see it because of the issues it raises and I stand by my right to post it for people to share and discuss freely with each other.

Sabine

On legal advice I have blurred the identity of the presenter and/or blacked out certain elements in order to avoid censorship.

Please share and discuss with as many people as you can, and if you have questions for me or want to discuss the content further, please do so below or go to: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Propagandafilm/427263763965283

propagandafilm.net/Propaganda/sabineprogram/ Wrote:Sabineprogram is the creation of Slavko Martinov and Mike Kelland, the filmmakers behind “Propaganda.” Sabineprogram is in the business of subversive transmedia storytelling. Sabineprogram is defined by compulsive dissent - challenging, unsettling, stirring and breaking the status quo, questioning hierarchies that don’t serve the wellbeing of innocent people, and destroying cancerous power structures everywhere, while subverting and bending genres in the process.

Subvert. Dissent. Entertain.

propagandafilm.net/Propaganda/about/ Wrote:Presented by an anonymous North Korean professor, this anti-Western propaganda film attacks the moral attenuation, political manipulation and hyper-consumerism that characterize the Western world. In chapters with titles like “Rewriting History,” “Advertising” and “The Cult of Celebrity,” we are treated to a lineup of the most embarrassing occidental excesses and globalization, the “psychological warfare” at the hands of multinationals, shopping-obsessed consumers and the failure of democracy. Then there’s time for the “Grab it!” culture of the one percent and additional moral deterioration in the form of Paris Hilton, unethical TV shows and violent movies and games. Toward the end of this propaganda piece, the role of North Korea in all of this becomes clear: the country would like to offer itself as headquarters for the mounting fight against consumer slavery and greed worldwide.

propagandafilm.net/Propaganda/eugene/ Wrote:[Image: EugeneIsNotASpy.jpg]

August 6, 2012, was a bad day for Eugene Chang. The South Korean Explosives Demolition Engineer, who has been living with his wife, two teenage sons and mother in Christchurch, New Zealand for the past twelve years, received a phone call from the Consul at the South Korean Embassy in Wellington questioning his role in a North Korean film that had appeared on You Tube.

Someone in the South Korean community saw the film and recognized him as the narrator and reported him to the South Korean Embassy. As a result, the matter was referred to the responsible authority in Korea (most likely the NIS, South Korea’s CIA) and the Korean Society accused Eugene of being a North Korean spy, an accusation that rapidly spread across the community and has resulted in Eugene being shunned by the South Korean community in Christchurch, which had always held him in such high regard.

The problem with the accusations is that they are false. The film, ‘Propaganda’, was made by Christchurch filmmakers Slavko Martinov and Mike Kelland and had its world premiere at A-List festival IDF Amsterdam on November 16, 2012.

The filmmakers were so concerned by the accusations that they requested a meeting with the Korean Society to make formal statements about the film – as they had done to the South Korean Embassy – to clear Eugene’s name. Instead, in what can only be described as a McCarthy era communist witch hunt, all three were accused of colluding with the North Korean regime and acting as agents of North Korea with Eugene Chang, despite firm and repeated attempts to declare that the film was New Zealand-made and there were no connections with the North Korean regime at any time.

Despite these formal statements, Korean newspaper The Korean Review began publishing articles that perpetuated the rumour that Eugene (a ‘bomb expert’ living in Christchurch with his North Korean mother) and the filmmakers are North Korean agents. The results of these publications have been very effective: parents refused to send their children to the school where Eugene is a BOT member, students accused his wife of being a North Korean sympathizer at the school where she teaches, and he has been refused communion at his church and asked to leave and not return, despite Eugene’s insistence that he was exercising his democratic right to free speech and freedom of expression by acting in a film.

EUGENE CHANG IS NOT A NORTH KOREAN SPY!

English dubbed version:

watch?v=6NMr2VrhmFI

English subtitles (amongst others) version:

watch?v=wlnwr2HSQN8

Contents Wrote:0:00 Introduction
6:54 Creating Ideas & Illusions
16:48 Fear
19:35 Religion
25:00 Beware the 1%
28:10 Emulating Psychosis
31:21 Rewriting History
41:15 The Birth of Propaganda
45:49 Cover Ups and Omissions
54:10 Complicity
58:05 Censorship
1:01:50 International Diplomacy
1:06:14 Television
1:08:11 Advertising
1:14:36 The Cult of Celebrity
1:22:34 Distraction
1:28:01 Terrorism
1:35:00 The Revolution Starts Now

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kerry’s Propaganda War on Russia’s RT bristopen 0 328 05-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bristopen
Video The Ultimate Conspiracy Theory Propaganda drummer 2 423 12-25-2013, 05:04 AM
Last Post: darrel15
  Genetic Roulette - The Gamble of Our Lives (2012)(One hour version)(MP4 1080p) datars 3 772 12-10-2013, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Watchdog
  Valkyrie: Did you spot the propaganda in this movie? Watchdog 3 1,640 11-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Watchdog
  World War Z – Did you spot the propaganda? Watchdog 11 1,423 11-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Last Post: mexika
Video Media Fakes War Propaganda drummer 1 484 02-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Last Post: thokling
Tongue Pinchbeck Throws His 2012 Brethren Under the Bus CharliePrime 7 1,511 02-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Frank2
Smile Best Propaganda Film of 2012 CharliePrime 1 581 02-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
Heart Abby Criticizes "Zero Dark" Movie Propaganda CharliePrime 0 460 12-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
Smile 2012 Bilderberger All-Star Awards CharliePrime 0 355 12-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime