Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ecat - Energy Technologies
06-25-2012, 12:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2012, 12:56 PM by sekular.)
ecat - Energy Technologies
http://ecat.com/

Has anyone heard of this yet? I think it has been out for a few years and we are still waiting for the products. Apparently they are trying to get the right certifications and approvals to make the product.

Andrea Rossi Energy Catalyzer fusion device
http://ecat.com/inventor-andrea-rossi

Quote:Rossi and Focardi’s invention recieved a setback when it was rejected by a peer-reviewed scientific journal. Rossi self-published it in his blog, Journal of Nuclear Physics. Many physicists are skeptical of the method because fusion of nuclei requires very high temperatures according to current knowledge and because fusion should produce very high levels of gamma radiation.

Peter Ekström, a lecturer at the Department of Nuclear Physics at Lund University in Sweden, concluded that the whole story is one big scam, which will be revealed in less than one year. Kjell Aleklett, a physics professor at Uppsala University in Sweden also voiced his skepticism, albet, in a more diplomatic way.

During 2011, the EV World published an audio interview with Dennis M. Bushnell, Chief Scientist at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia. Bushnell identified the LENR-field as the most interesting and promising field of energy production. Dr. Kim E. Yeong, a respected physicist from the Purdue University also presented a theoretical explanation on the method.

Rossi has co-founded the company Leonardo Technologies Inc. or LTI, which stocks he later sold. The company has done contracts for the US Department of Energy in the past. At present, Andrea Rossi is back in Miami, Florida presumably producing his Energy Catalyzers there for his company Leonardo Corporation.

In a more recent development, Andrea Rossi made a contract with AmpEnergo, a US company. The latter is to receive royalties on sales of licenses and products built on the Energy Catalyzer, i.e. ECAT, in the Americas.
06-25-2012, 04:27 PM,
RE: ecat - Energy Technologies
(06-25-2012, 12:38 PM)sekular Wrote: Has anyone heard of this yet?

I saw this a few months ago and became intrigued. He sounded close to having a product that could be tested. Independent verification was "imminent".

It's been months. Still no verification.

I have watched these guys be "on the verge" of selling a free energy product for, hmmmm (probing memory), personally the last thirty-five years.

I'm like a thirteen year-old kid still looking for Santa to drop a pony in my suburban back yard every Christmas morning. Every time that pony doesn't show up, I reduce my level of expectation for the next time.

For me it's been about thirty-five times. Still no pony, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this coming December. :-)
05-21-2013, 12:03 AM,
This test looks promising:

Quote:E-Cat: Indication of anomalous heat energy production in a reactor device
(Submitted on 16 May 2013)

"...Data were collected in two experimental runs lasting 96 and 116 hours, respectively. An anomalous heat production was indicated in both experiments. "

http://arxiv.org/abs/1305.3913

Whole paper here: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1305.3913v1.pdf
06-06-2013, 05:16 PM,
A skeptical response here:

https://news.newenergytimes.net/2013/05/21/rossi-manipulates-academics-to-create-illusion-of-independent-test/

Perhaps calcium carbonate was used.
06-06-2013, 05:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013, 05:52 PM by fireballs.)
Quote:I have watched these guys be "on the verge" of selling a free energy product for, hmmmm (probing memory), personally the last thirty-five years.

That sums it up very well, same goes for aliens & the "truth" in general.

These sectors nicely show how people below, at the bottom of the pyramid are as full of shit as those dickheads above.

on a side note, rather enjoyed the newage gobbledygook (as it was labeled by the shithead who puts especially one demonic leader on a pedestal above the other demons). the more we vainly try to save the world with twisted delusions of messianic proportion, the more we fuck it up.
History's 3rd dimension is always fiction
Competition is a sin
02-02-2014, 07:03 PM,
Bug  RE: ecat - Energy Technologies
In Hour 2 of the 29 Jan 2014 episode of Red Ice, William Lynn claims Rossi got the e-cat idea from him, and that the U.S. Navy paid Rossi $200,000,000 to give up the device and retire to Florida.

http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2014/01/RIR-140131.php

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  View from the Borderlands - Energy from the Galactic Center vagabonder 1 512 07-22-2014, 02:02 AM
Last Post: Watchdog
Rainbow BlackLight Power Announces 10 MW Free Energy Device CharliePrime 3 803 02-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
Information The Singularity: Five Technologies That Will Change the World (and One That Won't) FastTadpole 10 4,508 01-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  OFFICIAL BEDINI SG MACHINE TRAILER - Energy from the Vacuum - DVD Part 33 investolator 7 2,466 01-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Last Post: investolator
Information Power and Control: The Anti-Nuclear Energy Movement - Leveraging the Japan Tsunami and Other Disasters FastTadpole 37 14,088 01-23-2014, 01:51 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
Video ADAM High Energy Laser drummer 1 639 07-20-2013, 07:55 AM
Last Post: thokling
Video Dr M.T. Keshe - Free Energy Technologies drummer 0 777 02-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Last Post: drummer
  The nuclear energy panacea macfadden 8 1,616 02-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Last Post: macfadden
Information The Trillions Poured into Multi-National Solar Energy - Green Hope & Epic Boondoggles FastTadpole 8 3,471 06-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Last Post: rsol
Rainbow Free Energy is Here Now! (Biggest Story last 100 years!) ZeroCenter 1 927 05-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Last Post: TeslaandLyne