Poll: What BEST describes your faith, religion or world-view?
Secular/Atheist/Irreligious/Agnostic/Nontheist
Islam
Hinduism
Buddhism
other Eastern Religion (Chinese, Taoism, Shinto etc.)
Primal indigenous, Tribal religion
Spritism
Neo-Paganism
New Age
Roman Catholic Christian
Eastern Orthodox Christian
Lutheran Christian
Evangelical Christian
Charismatic Christian
Pentecostal Christian
Reformed/Presbyterian Christian
Baptist Christian
Other Protestant Christian
Fundamentalist Christian
None of the above (please elaborate)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: What Is Your Faith, Religion Or World-view?
10-23-2006, 03:58 AM,
Quote:Just an example of the ignorance of the average christian when it comes to faiths outside of their own.

Yes I know, not only that, I had this argument recently with a christian and he said they all look the same so it does not matter what he lables chinese, japanese, koreans.etc said they all the same LMAO. I tell you, you put a korean in a room with a japanese, the korean would ended up trying to kill the japanese.

I mean look at what they teach their youth....

http://aog.2y.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1550

http://aog.2y.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1558
10-23-2006, 05:08 AM,
christians are like jews... they have this funny idea that they are somehow chosen... like the jews they are NOT chosen and like to trick ppl into believing they are....

christians want to convert the world... that is their goal...

and many have no problem killing ppl that refuse to convert...
10-23-2006, 05:19 AM,
Religion...
I believe in god, I was raised a Christian, but this is not what I am saying.
I believe what the ancient cuneiform texts say, the annunaki came to earth,
created the "lulu" man and here we are.
No missing link, never was one.
I believe that a supreme intelligence, or one so far beyond human intellectual grasp, created the universe.

World View...
My view is we are in Babylon now, because the annunaki are returning soon, or rather
The planet Nibiru is coming around again, i don't believe all the annunaki ever left.
I believe the world is being prepared for a world where alien lifeforms are a part of the big picture.
My view is that Illuminati, is a good common term for how, global banking and multi- national corporations have organized themselves.
My view is that the Illuminati are very real and branches off into many limbs, CFR, Trilateral commission, The world bank, the Federal Reserve, The Bank of England, Industrial military complex, WTO, etc.
I view the media as servants of corporate owners.
I believe in spin and crimes of omission.
I view HAARP as an instrument of the Illuminati.
I view US party politics as irrelevant because I believe they are all controlled, one way or another by the Illuminati.
I view the extremely rich with a wary eye, because at some point more money is meaningless and control is more seductive.
I believe corporations, left unsupervised would enslave the human race in all but name.
I believe 911 was planned and the Federal Government was complicit.
I view fear as the worst enemy.
I view positive creativity is a citizens most powerful weapon.
I believe in bright lights on dark secrets.
10-23-2006, 11:55 AM,
to whoever likes to whine about this : if you don't like the pool, then don't vote/post. It's that simple.

alexclanton Wrote:christians want to convert the world... that is their goal...
actually no.
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

10-23-2006, 12:31 PM,
Quote:christians want to convert the world... that is their goal...
True Christians are disciples of Jesus Christ and obey Him. Jesus commanded us to testify about Him and preach the good news. The Holy Spirit will confirm the Word. We cannot convert anybody - it is the Spirit of God who does this. How you respond to His prompting is up to you.
<blockquote>Then He [Jesus] said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And you are witnesses of these things.Luke 24

And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16
</blockquote>
Quote:and many have no problem killing ppl that refuse to convert...
There is no coercion in the Gospel. Those you may think of having done this in the past are part of the Roman Catholic Babylonian mystery religion which has nothing in common with the Bible except their lingo.
'Prove and scrutinize all things; hold fast that which is good.'
'And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.' Paul of Tarsus

Rise to a higher plane? Look here
10-23-2006, 11:32 PM,
Quote:to whoever likes to whine about this : if you don't like the pool, then don't vote/post. It's that simple.

alexclanton Wrote:christians want to convert the world... that is their goal...
actually no.

Quote:
Quote:christians want to convert the world... that is their goal...
True Christians are disciples of Jesus Christ and obey Him. Jesus commanded us to testify about Him and preach the good news. The Holy Spirit will confirm the Word. We cannot convert anybody - it is the Spirit of God who does this. How you respond to His prompting is up to you.
<blockquote>Then He [Jesus] said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And you are witnesses of these things.Luke 24

And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16
</blockquote>
Quote:and many have no problem killing ppl that refuse to convert...
There is no coercion in the Gospel. Those you may think of having done this in the past are part of the Roman Catholic Babylonian mystery religion which has nothing in common with the Bible except their lingo.

i love it when 2 christians have opposite answers to the same question/remark LOL
10-24-2006, 03:28 AM,
I had to go with "other" from that woefully inadequate list.
I was interested that deathstickboy identifies himself w/ pantheism. DSB, are you aware of panentheism?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panentheism
I like it better than pantheism cuz it doesn't limit "god" to just the known physical universe.
I try to keep my spirituality as simple as possible. I believe that theres a mysterious, often paradoxical, often humorous, extremely loving Presence at the center {and periphery} of all things that can most easily be labled "GOD" (my friend's acronym: Greater Overt Dimension). The problems arise when humans try to talk or write about this ineffable unscrutable Presence and what it means etc. Lots of Problems!!! Sooo Many Problems!!!
I really am glad to be introduced to Jordan Maxwells, Achaya S, and M. Tsarion. They've helped me alot in recent years.
While developing my own spiritual understanding I got a lot of great experience and knowledge from Buddhism.
But when it comes to a cosmology/worldview which i've made my own, I'd have to say its the "Michael Teachings" Check the wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Michael_Teachings
I identify myself as a 3rd Level Old Scholar, goal of Acceptance, mode of agression, intellectual part of Moving center, chief feature: stubborness
My buddy does michael channeling, check his website: http://summerjoy.com
It's funny; generally I've extremely suspect of "channel'd teachings" but for some reason the Michael teachings jive w/ me and don't rub me the wrong way like most other 'new age' stuff does. I guess its cuz I encountered it when i was still young enough to have an open mind to 'new age stuff' and when i read it, i was able to verify it for myself without having to rely on some guru. I'm always extremely waring of authoritarian, guru type trips which religion is known for.
If people want to call that loving, paradoxical, humorous, creative Presence that is in and transcends all things, "God", then that's ok with me, we both believe in "God". The problems come when folks say they've got the "one true way" because so and so text says such and so and y'all better do or say x, y, and z, to get saved, well... to me, that's not about being closer to that Presence we've just identified as "God", it's doctrinaire authoritarianism meant to control others, place some in positions of power and authority, and not my bag, baby. But if that kinda stuff makes you feel centered and good, then go on w/ your b a d self. as a friend of mine would say:
Gee!
U
R
U!
10-24-2006, 06:41 AM,
Hey Al, no I have never heard of Panentheism before, it does in a way seem more accurate, but my idea of Pantheism was never limited to just the easily percievable physical plane of existence.

Thanks for sharingB)
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
10-24-2006, 08:48 PM,
Quote:i love it when 2 christians have opposite answers to the same question/remark LOL
if that was the case I would agree with you. But it isn't, for I have different views about Christ and what He tought than the casual Christian. Does that mean i'm special ? no.
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

10-24-2006, 10:45 PM,
Quote:
Quote:i love it when 2 christians have opposite answers to the same question/remark LOL
if that was the case I would agree with you. But it isn't, for I have different views about Christ and what He tought than the casual Christian. Does that mean i'm special ? no.

no just means like every other christian u pick and choose what u want to believe...

why u ppl even bother with the bible is beyond me...
10-25-2006, 12:20 AM,
Quote:why u ppl even bother with the bible is beyond me...

Actually, the bible has some pretty amazing stuff in it... if you consider the time when it came from and the general stupidy, ignorance, illiterance and superstition so rampant in the general vicinity...

It's just too bad the Christians coopted it for themselves, and thus threw a blanket of obscurity over everything. The irony of it all is that the same blind 'faith' which leads to people to Christianity is the same thing that leads them to do nothing more than memorize the bibe, completely ignoring the messages held within.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mother Theresa's Masochism: Does Religion Demand Suffering to Keep People Passive? mexika 2 522 04-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Watchdog
  The Insanity of Religion, and How Organized Religion Depends on Your Ignorance Easy Skanking 2 752 01-02-2013, 06:55 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  With Our Thoughts, We Make the World Solve et Coagula 1 530 09-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Lumpino
  Invisible world - how to gain access to it safely Solve et Coagula 11 1,748 04-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Last Post: stanzela
  Now, let's concentrate for five minutes and send one good thought to the whole world Solve et Coagula 0 359 02-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  Why does the invisible world not warn us beforehand of the trials? Solve et Coagula 0 394 02-21-2012, 11:55 AM
  Without Work, faith and hope are not sufficient Solve et Coagula 0 391 01-19-2012, 10:42 PM
  Esoteric Christ vs Exoteric Christianity: True Religion of Christ vs Churchianity Solve et Coagula 1 539 01-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Last Post: tahuti
  Sweden recognises new file-sharing religion Kopimism TriWooOx 3 729 01-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Beyond the Singularity: This is the End of What World? Solve et Coagula 0 365 11-10-2011, 08:35 PM