Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exposing Satan's Final Solution For Christians
10-25-2006, 09:36 PM,
Regarding the double heart, Stewart Best basically contends, that a wholehearted decision to follow Christ is impossible at conversion. Only the conscious mind makes a decision for Christ according to him. Stewart Best teaches, that the inner heart is not regenerated (Born Again) at this point!

This leads us to the main thrust of the Dark-Light Series. The major question which should be answered is this: When does regeneration, the new birth take place in a believers heart?

Stewart Best (in my understanding of his writings) contends, that regeneration happens at the end of a 'narrow path' walk with the Lord, possibly years after the initial 'conversion'. Stewart Best challenges the watered down Gospel of modern seeker friendly neo-evangelicalism (like Rick Warren's), with a Gospel of whole hearted commitment and transformation through the agape love of God. He believes, that we are not Born-Again at conversion, because no convert exhibits God's agape love - His 'essence' perfectly. According to him a long painful path of self-denial needs to be followed until one reaches the point of being saved and regenerated. This is a major departure from the fundamentals of the Gospel as understood since the Reformation. We should examine closely, if this understanding of regeneration is truly the teaching of Scripture or not.

I believe, that while Stewart Best correctly points out many of the false teachings of today, he himself departs from Scripture in teaching a completely new Gospel of the 'narrow way'. The burden of proof is definitely on the side of those teaching something which departs from 500 years of reformed and fundamental Bible teaching regarding salvation. We need to let the whole counsel of God from the Bible of the Reformation speak to us. I've started discussing this already (in another thread) in regards to the question, if the Bible teaches instant regeneration at the point of repentance and faith towards the Lord Jesus Christ, or if the Bible teaches a long process toward regeneration, which starts at conversion and ends at salvation.

The Dark-Light teaching is being revised and not available completely on line, an older version can be downloaded as basis for this discussion here
Here a longer quote from Ch.12 page 16-17 to illustrate what Stewart Best teaches: (Quotations are from the King James Bible)
Quote:<div align='center'>"IN THE LIGHT OF THE KING'S COUNTENANCE IS LIFE;
[b]AND HIS FAVOUR IS AS A CLOUD OF THE LATTER RAIN."

(Proverbs 16:15) [/b]
</div>

It was mentioned earlier in this series that the <span style="color:#990000">reference to the LATTER RAIN was a reference to REGENERATION, AND THE EARLY RAIN WAS CONVERSION. <span style="color:#990000">Here is another proof text to prove it. Rain is water.<span style="color:#990000"> Water is a code word for agape love. Light is a code word as well. We do not come into the favor of the King until we receive HIS LIGHT. HIS LIGHT IS LIFE, and that life is AGAPE LOVE. It says here clearly that THIS LIGHT IS AS THE LATTER RAIN. Just as there was an early harvest of souls as the beginning of the church age, there will be another harvest of souls at the end. In between, few come to the real light. As it will happen on earth, so it happens to the individual believer. His early rain is CONVERSION. He then goes for a long period to establish roots, and then comes the LATTER RAIN, which is REGENERATION.

<div align='center'>"But whosoever DRINKETH OF THE WATER THAT I SHALL GIVE HIM
[b]SHALL NEVER THIRST;

BUT THE WATER THAT I SHALL GIVE HIM
SHALL BE IN HIM A WELL OF WATER
SPRINGING UP INTO EVERLASTING LIFE."
(John 4:14) [/b]
</div>

The word "life" here is "zoe", and it is directly connected to one of the code words for AGAPE LOVE. Water is one of the PRIMARY code words. It is used over and over again to illustrate the life source of the spirit. Notice who GIVES IT TO THE BELIEVER; JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF.

<div align='center'>"For as the FATHER HATH LIFE IN HIMSELF;
[b]SO HATH HE GIVEN TO THE SON TO HAVE LIFE IN HIMSELF."

(John 5:26) [/b]
</div>

The word for life here is "zoe". The case is proving itself. The "life" AT THE END OF THE NARROW WAY, is SPIRITUAL LIFE, IS REGENERATION, IS BEING BORN AGAIN, IS AGAPE LOVE BESTOWED.

<div align='center'>"Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for the meat </div>
Which Endureth UNTO EVERLASTING LIFE, Which the Son of Man shall give unto you, for him hath God the Father sealed." (John 6:27)<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">
<span style="color:#990000">Jesus said to STRIVE AND TO LABOR FOR THE DOCTRINES THAT WILL ENDURE UNTO LIFE. Life is at the END of the narrow way. Do not claim it at the beginning. We have further confirmation as well that Jesus is the one who gives it personally to the believer. <span style="color:#990000">The Holy Spirit does not reveal or bestow agape love to the believer, because JESUS CHRIST WAS THE REDEEMER, AND UNION WITH CHRIST IS WHAT SAVES
Many interesting things are stated here, but he puts it back to front:
<blockquote> <span style="color:#990000">LATTER RAIN was a reference to REGENERATION, AND THE EARLY RAIN WAS CONVERSION. <span style="color:#990000"> <span style="color:#990000">Here is another proof text to prove it. Rain is water.<span style="color:#990000"> Water is a code word for agape love. Light is a code word as well.
</blockquote>This is an arbitrary connection of terms, which is not the Biblical meaning of those words. No proof at all, just reassigning meanings to words which do not carry this meaning at all. Further, Stewart Best states:
<blockquote><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#990000">The Holy Spirit does not reveal or bestow agape love to the believer, because JESUS CHRIST WAS THE REDEEMER, AND UNION WITH CHRIST IS WHAT SAVES.
</blockquote>This is in clear contradiction of Scripture which says: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the [apape] love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. (Rom 5:5)

There are many more issues to be pointed out in the hundreds of pages where Stewart Best changes the Gospel of salvation through repentance and faith to salvation by another way. There are numerous contradictions to the Bible and redefinitions of words like those above.

If what
Stewart Best teaches is true, it should be possible to show his pattern of salvation in the experience of the NT Christians. My challenge is regarding this teaching: give me Biblical examples from the book of Acts, where someone is shown to have a conversion experience first (but not sufficient for regeneration & salvation). Then later that same person must be shown to have come to a regeneration experience where he is then truly born again. You should be able to show this as a pattern in the Book of Acts in the lives of leaders as well as disciples.

'Prove and scrutinize all things; hold fast that which is good.'
'And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.' Paul of Tarsus

Rise to a higher plane? Look here
10-26-2006, 12:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2006, 12:35 PM by DHammer.)
Quote:Regarding the double heart, Stewart Best basically contends, that a wholehearted decision to follow Christ is impossible at conversion. Only the conscious mind makes a decision for Christ according to him. Stewart Best teaches, that the inner heart is not regenerated (Born Again) at this point!

indeed. In other words Christ asks from us the impossible, or so we think, for only He can make the inner heart (thus the whole heart) turned to Him. But by walking the way, God destroys this inner wicked heart. Thus we are able to worship Him with a whole heart.
Quote:When does regeneration, the new birth take place in a believers heart?

if you`re asking me to show you the date on a calendar that will never happen for no one knows except God. I DO know however that regeneration takes place when Christ comes down from Heaven to the believer and "soups with him" thus giving him a new heart. The new covenant is established. Both parties agree and salvation is finished.
Quote:This is an arbitrary connection of terms, which is not the Biblical meaning of those words. No proof at all, just reassigning meanings to words which do not carry this meaning at all.

As we both know many metaphors are used in the Bible, and when God says "I MADE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH" in that exact manner, putting heaven 1-st and then earth, than He does it so for a REASON, not because He likes how it sounds. Same goes with the codewords He uses, they are not picked randomly !

That there IS a GODLY MYSTERY we are told in the Bible over and over again ! There is a MYSTERY that must be found out :

Mark 4:11
And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

please remember where the Kingdom of God resides ! It is within us ! (or so it should be if we are regenerated !) It is within and it is a mystery ! Christ Himself says it.

Romans 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

I thank you that you do as the apostle said, BE NOT IGNORANT OF THIS MYSTERY. Many Christians ARE. Now what we must find out is what this mystery is. It implies something HIDDEN. Something that is not for EVERYONE to see.
Quote:This is in clear contradiction of Scripture which says: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the [apape] love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. (Rom 5:5)

does it say the Holy Ghost gives us this love ?

The word used for "By" is "dia"and it means

A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through (in very wide applications, local, causal or occasional). In composition it retains the same general import: - after, always, among, at, to avoid, because of (that), briefly, by, for (cause) . . . fore, from, in, by occasion of, of, by reason of, for sake, that, thereby, therefore, X though, through (-out), to, wherefore, with (-in). In composition it retains the same general import.

The word is used to denote a channel of an act. In other words it is trough the Holy Spirit that we get God's love. Does that mean He offers it unto us ? No ! Does that mean the Holy Spirit reveals it to us ? No ! It means what it says. It is BY or TROUGH the Holy Spirit that we get God's love. He alone can guide us to Him. He is the "boat" TROUGH WHICH , OR BY WHICH we can reach LOVE. IT is BY the boat that we get the LOVE. BY THE HOLY SPIRIT we get the love of God. It's that simple :)
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

10-27-2006, 09:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2006, 09:35 AM by ov3rkomer.)
Quote:If what Stewart Best teaches is true, it should be possible to show his pattern of salvation in the experience of the NT Christians. My challenge is regarding this teaching: give me Biblical examples from the book of Acts, where someone is shown to have a conversion experience first (but not sufficient for regeneration & salvation). Then later that same person must be shown to have come to a regeneration experience where he is then truly born again. You should be able to show this as a pattern in the Book of Acts in the lives of leaders as well as disciples.
I'll get to your other points later. I am still interested, where you actually see this teaching applied in NT practice? The Book of Acts shows us how the Apostles put the Gospel into practice. We should be able to verify our understanding of the Gospel by the way it is applied there.
'Prove and scrutinize all things; hold fast that which is good.'
'And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.' Paul of Tarsus

Rise to a higher plane? Look here
10-27-2006, 05:36 PM,
Quote:I'll get to your other points later. I am still interested, where you actually see this teaching applied in NT practice? The Book of Acts shows us how the Apostles put the Gospel into practice. We should be able to verify our understanding of the Gospel by the way it is applied there.

well I won't reread the book of acts and point out that, but rather, I`ll tell you that conversion was done by the apostles, and is reported in the book of acts over and over again. What comes next is regeneration, but that's a personal walk, a LONELY walk of the believer. The revelation of Christ is a personal act, it happens between Christ and the believer. What happens there is between God and man.
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ECUMENISM AND SPIRITUAL FORMATION FOR SATAN'S KINGDOM 3AM 8 600 06-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Watchdog
Bug The Final Pope - High-grade Weirdness CharliePrime 0 461 02-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  Is Capital Punishment a Solution? Solve et Coagula 0 228 02-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  Church of Satan: COUNCIL OF NINE joeblow 14 3,330 06-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Last Post: ---
  Top Catholic exorcist: Pedophiles tempted by Satan, not possessed mastermg 4 1,034 03-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Last Post: jack
  Christians are Killers mexika 12 1,941 08-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Last Post: plasticfan
  A Question for Christians on God Nyte 122 13,354 07-24-2008, 05:52 AM
Last Post: TeslaandLyne
  Satan Vs Lucifer (2 Different characters) Blackthor 21 2,904 02-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Last Post: plasticfan
  How do we know that Christians are delusional? sockpuppet 61 5,574 01-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Last Post: triplesix
  Pat Robertson's Christians: NAFTA Highway Is Holy! MikeWB 2 537 12-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Last Post: nixed