Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Houseproud Mum Develops Allergy To Microwave Ovens
04-24-2007, 11:43 AM,
#1
Houseproud Mum Develops Allergy To Microwave Ovens
Houseproud Mum Develops Allergy to Microwave Ovens

For most people talking on a mobile phone, cooking dinner in the microwave or driving in a car is simply part of modern living in 21st century Britain. But completing any such tasks is impossible for Debbie Bird - because she is allergic to modern technology.

Debbie and her husband Tony often sleep in a silver-plated mosquito net. The 39-year-old is so sensitive to the electromagnetic field (emf) or 'smog' created by computers, mobile phones, microwave ovens and even some cars, that she develops a painful skin rash and her eyelids swell to three times their size if she goes near them.

As a consequence, Mrs Bird, a health spa manager, has transformed her home into an EMF-free zone to try and stay healthy.

The walls are all covered in special carbon paint, the windows have a protective film on them and she and her husband, Tony, 45, even sleep under a silver-plated mosquito net to deflect the radio waves. "I can no longer do things that I used to take for granted," Mrs Bird said last night. "My day-to-day life has been seriously affected by EMF. I don't own a microwave. I don't use mobile phones at all. I can't even use a cordless phone. We have a plasma screen TV because the old style one gave out gamma rays, which brought on my reaction. I can't even get in my friend's BMW. If I do I immediately start getting a headache and my head starts tingling. Even shopping is a problem. I can't go in places like Starbucks where there is wifi broadband and always have to be aware of my environment."

Mrs Bird first realised that she was electro-sensitive when she moved with her husband, a writer and environmental consultant, and their eight-year-old daughter, Antonia, to a new apartment in Bowden, near Altrincham, Greater Manchester.

Unbeknown to her, however, her neighbours were all using wireless internet connections and had cordless phones.

"At first I couldn't sleep," Mrs Bird added. 'Then I started developing a skin reaction. I had a burning sensation down my face, on my forehead and elbows. I looked like I had been severely burnt on my forehead. I felt very tired all the time and my eye-lids would swell up to three times their size."

Debbie's home is a radio-wave free zone. A clear protective film has been put on the windows and the walls have been redecorated with special carbon paint.

Mrs Bird was referred to a skin specialist, but the problem was so severe the couple decided they had no option but to move to a new home, in nearby Hale, Greater Manchester.

They took electromagnetic readings of the property and set about making it safe. The house was completely re-wired, had clear protective film put on the windows and every wall was painted with black carbon paint, which cost £250 per tin, to deflect the harmful rays. All the couple's bedroom curtains are also silver-plated and they sleep under a silver-plated mosquito net, which also protects against radiation.

Although the renovation was not cheap, Mrs Bird said it was worth it. Her skin rashes have gone and she no longer has trouble sleeping. Officially in the UK, electro-sensitivity (ES) does not exist as a medical condition. Doctors say there is little scientific evidence to back up a link between EMF and poor health. They claim the symptoms, often attributed to flu or viruses, are psychosomatic.

But campaigners disagree. They reckon around 500 people are already being treated for ES and as many as five per cent of the population could be affected.

Rod Read, director of Electro-Sensitivity UK, said: "I have seen hundreds of people who exhibit symptoms they directly attribute to the electrical items around them. But it is a politically incorrect illness, the Government or electronic companies don't want people thinking their mobile phones or microwaves are dangerous. In the past doctors have dismissed symptoms as something like flu, but the pathology is now established. It has a huge detrimental physical effect and stops people living normal lives."

The Daily Mail, 21st March 2007
For more information or free advice, contact info.eco.emf@btinternet.com
Reply
04-25-2007, 03:17 AM,
#2
Houseproud Mum Develops Allergy To Microwave Ovens
again, interesting.

My humble opinion to this: we have to develop a thick skin. We have to learn how to deal with these radiations, vapours emitting from coatings and paints, denaturalized ingredients in processed food, etc. We have to immuninize ourselves against all these poisonous chemical and electromagnetic influences around us.

When I was a small child, I lived in Düsseldorf, Germany, in the middle of the Ruhrgebiet, the industrial zone. And it was in the 70's, where ecological and environmental questions were not discussed. I was sick all the time, and my parents decided to move to Switzerland, to keep me alive. At this place I want to thank my parents for this.

Later, I worked as a painter, and I was exposed to many vapours and toxins, but I grew somewhat immune to them. I guess this is the way humanity has to go, to become immune, while at the same time we should develop our sensitivity. Today, I never get sick, but I "feel" what is good and what is not, for example when I buy food.

We must remain sensible, but not in that way as this woman in the article. Poisons and electromagnetic waves are just molecules and waves, we must not let them destroy our body and our life. I heard of a Yogi who drank pure poison, and stayed alive, only because he did not believe in poisons. He did believe in his spirit and in the spiritual forces around him, so all poisons could not kill him. We have to do it likewise, because every year thousands of artificial substances come out of chemical laboratories, and go into biological circles. Every year new cell phone antennae are built, new frequencies and modulations are implemented, new experiments with radar, television and satellite transmission are introduced, without our knowledge or agreement. And we know that it takes decades, until a committee finds that certain substances or radiations may be harmful. We cannot trust any health organization or science committee. We can only trust in ourselves and our relation to nature and spirit. I know, this sounds very much far out and esoteric, but it is the only thing I can say to this.
I am my savior
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Microwave Weapons / Including WiFi etc drummer 2 867 08-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  MIT develops solar storage "nirvana": energy crisis solved? --- 0 630 08-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Last Post: ---
  Team develops energy-efficient microchip --- 0 408 03-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Last Post: ---
  New Microwave Tech. Converts Plastic In Oil&gas (+video) waxzy 1 697 06-28-2007, 06:00 AM
Last Post: operationska
  China Develops First Green Fluorescent Transgenic Pigs Seithan 7 2,226 01-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Last Post: wokensheep
  Team Develops Dna Switch To Interface Living Organisms With Computers waxzy 0 422 10-27-2006, 12:54 AM
Last Post: waxzy

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)