ConCen
Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not? - Printable Version

+- ConCen (https://concen.org/oldforum)
+-- Forum: Main (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Religion, New Age & The Occult (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not? (/thread-9389.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not? - mastermg - 04-27-2008

Alright im curious with what others think of these mysterious things. Please tell me what you think.

Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not? - markko - 04-27-2008

Quote:There is another reason behind magic, mysticism, and/or pychic abilities. (Explain)
Read Jung on Synchronicity. There are no special human powers of mind and there is no control over others, matter, energy or time. There are just coincidences which resonate with other events, which can provide some insight.

Quote:Yes, however, there is no soul and it may be the result from something else. (Explain)
I am not sure. OOBE is a real experience, it might be really a soul leaving the body or it could be induced chemical process in brain (some drugs can induce OOBE too).

Quote:There is no devil.
Since the Devil is invention by Judaism-Christianity and since those two are obviously wrong, there is no devil.

Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not? - mastermg - 04-27-2008

Thanks for the suggestion. The results are pretty interesting so far.

Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not? - drew hempel - 04-27-2008

Just watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aos0hnwiHt8

Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not? - psilocybin - 04-27-2008

Quote:Just watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aos0hnwiHt8

Always loved that vid drew.

Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not? - hilly7 - 04-28-2008

1 - I guess answer 4 on the 1st, then again 1 isn't far off. None would be better.

2 - 1 on this one, yet OBE's usually do not control it, none that I've talked with anyway. I know, most are different than NDErs, they talk differently.

3 - I do believe in the devil, but all other dieties belong to one of only 2 groups, God or Satan, we're not powerful enough to select which one comes in when we leave the door open. NDErs know this 1st and foremost.

Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not? - jack - 04-29-2008

yes,

I didn't take the poll, tho
I thought it needed some none of the aboves.
I have some unusually opinions on soul

Some things are way beyond mere Synchronicity, IMO

Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not? - markko - 04-29-2008

Quote:2 - 1 on this one, yet OBE's usually do not control it, none that I've talked with anyway. I know, most are different than NDErs, they talk differently.
Do you mean OOBE's cannot be controlled? They can with some practice.
I don't know about reality of this experience tho. I put cards I couldn't have seen to test it and during the OOBE went to check the cards. After I "woke up" I went to check the cards if they match the ones from the experience and they were different.
So what happens during the OOBE could only be very intense dream-like experience (similar to lucid dreaming) or some alternate reality which has no connection to this one.
The experience itself is very vivid tho. For the one who has the experience, it will in most cases convince him it was real. It really is an incredible trick of mind so intense and so real you can't distinct it from reality.

I really don't know about the case. In my experience it's only a trick of mind. Like the cards I tried other things and if you are aware of little details of the world you find yourself in, you will see it DOES NOT match to our world. It MAY be just an intense dream, from which you are awaken so fast you can't comprehend you were dreaming.
On the other side, the experience is so intense, I just can't deny the possibility it could be real.

EDIT: a very simple and light OOBE can also be induced by staring at your image in the mirror for a long time while relaxing. If you try concentrating on tought your mind is actually in the person in the mirror, your brain will get confused pretty soon and if the conditions are right, you could "switch bodies" for a moment or at least get pretty confused where you really are.
This experience does nowhere near match the OOBEs induced during the meditation and deep hypnogogia but the process in brain is the same, the mechanism is the same.

Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not? - mastermg - 05-01-2008

I think I will try that sometime. I read a book on OBEs once and the author had different excercises for you to try and he has his experiences and stories to entertain you. I cant find the book right now but Ill keep looking.

Magic, psychic abilities, OBEs, real or not? - --- - 05-01-2008

systema MG

Quote:systema MG
Huh?

Quote:
Quote:systema MG
Huh?

"systema"

This? I see.

yeah. it goes beyond the normal physical at the highest levels. best martial art out there

as in - you be into enegy balls and all that... that i can nt do but systema is conemporary "out there" ┬┤john chang in spetnatz stylee.

I died once. was all black empty space.not good, friends slapping me hard and ouming heart brought me back here. obe? nah. close down shit. but the soul? my soul wouldve been fuked hd i died then.purgat bitchism,no thankyou. thanks be. we must muster our strength. we are strong.:rolleyes:;)