ConCen
grow weed using only 24watts - Printable Version

+- ConCen (https://concen.org/oldforum)
+-- Forum: Main (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The War on Drugs (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: grow weed using only 24watts (/thread-7786.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

grow weed using only 24watts - waxzy - 08-02-2008

http://www.creatiesintechniek.nl/Led/
http://www.creatiesintechniek.nl/Led/test3.html
also here
http://www.ledgrow.eu/

grow weed using only 24watts - Guest - 08-02-2008

Cool... would like to see that in a hyrdroponic application.

I emailed asking for equipment list, will post if they reply

grow weed using only 24watts - TribalSun47 - 08-02-2008

How about getting some seeds. :)

Quote:How about getting some seeds. :)

you can get those anywhere

grow weed using only 24watts - harmonius - 08-02-2008

Sorry to say; but it is BS.

Most of the pictures are of the plants in a vegetative state. They are too lanky which denotes not enough light. The few pictures that are of plants in flower/budding stage are really an embarrassment. The final tally looks like maybe an ounce of if you count stems and leaves. That quantity over a 50-65 day turn around its pretty poor. Also take into consideration that you could smoke that in short order.

I have followed all the LED wed threads I could find over the last few years and TBH no one knows what they are doing. They are always excited about how good the plants look in vegetative state and how they can't wait to see buds. They often stop posting pictures as their embarrassment of such a crappy grow becomes apparent. Actually their was one guy who knew what he was doing and did get amazing results but he was using much more than 24 watts and was doing a few things with the LED's that no one else has tried. Of course he would not give up his secrets. Oh where is he now...

There are at least 6 companies out there with LED fixtures for plants. The top 3 units had people excited when they hit the market. As nicely constructed as a couple of them are they all suffer from fatal flaws in design which will have you shelling out $600.00 or more for essentially a gimmick.

Give it a bit more time and someone will figure it out, bring it to market and make you happy. Unfortunately it will draw more than 24 watts and cost a fair amount. On the positive side you will still be using 3 times less power than traditional lighting and you will never have to change light bulbs. Your fixture should also last about 7-15 years depending on usage.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they are successful because we need cheap energy solutions for things like this. It would just be nice to see science and creativity applied to this rather than tinkering.

We wait and see...

MMM

dude did you bother looking at the section with buds?
[Image: braillesuperstore.gif] Much?

My mistake, he got 53 grams in test #3. Yeah it's better but still crap. A decent grower/system should be getting at least an ounce per plant. This system/grower is getting greater than 3 time less. His test #3 was definitely the best but unless he makes some drastic changes and starts thinking quite a bit differently and looking at plant science he will only get variations on the same results: somewhere between poor and crappy.

MMM

grow weed using only 24watts - --- - 08-02-2008

maybe tomorrow. I'd stick with HPS for today personally.

Quote:My mistake, he got 53 grams in test #3. Yeah it's better but still crap. A decent grower/system should be getting at least an ounce per plant. This system/grower is getting greater than 3 time less. His test #3 was definitely the best but unless he makes some drastic changes and starts thinking quite a bit differently and looking at plant science he will only get variations on the same results: somewhere between poor and crappy.

MMM

the fuk did u expect with LED's?

grow weed using only 24watts - Guest - 08-02-2008

you guys aren't asking one question tho... if u can grow a pot plant, albeit it as healthy as charlie brown's christmas tree, on 24W, what could you grow on 300W? that's no more power used than a few lights on in your house,.... no heat for choppers thermal imaging your house, and no alarming power bills for the utility company to rat you out on

Quote:you guys aren't asking one question tho... if u can grow a pot plant, albeit it as healthy as charlie brown's christmas tree, on 24W, what could you grow on 300W? that's no more power used than a few lights on in your house,.... no heat for choppers thermal imaging your house, and no alarming power bills for the utility company to rat you out on

Exactly.

MMM

true

but 24w is neat and 12x24w is 288w =10 times more for same electricity bill as the 300w
in any case ithought it was neat as I havent seen that tried before

what im waiting to see is genetically modified plants that have thc

imagine thc watermelon, yum!

grow weed using only 24watts - psilocybin - 08-03-2008

I see this as being too much of a risk to crop ratio. 4 plants should yield at least a quapper. Yeah, so you don't have the electricity bill and heat issues, but the usual bust issue is an aromatic one. I see this as being faulty logic, since you're under the burner just for growing it, and charges are piled up on a plant to plant basis. You want the most yeild per plant. End of story.

grow weed using only 24watts - Easy Skanking - 08-03-2008

There is also the fluorescent shelf system using "daylight" bulbs as an alternative to HPS or metal halide bulbs. Low power, almost no heat, compact grow area and decent plant output.

I don't know about this LED system. Seems like the light bandwidth is too narrow as the lanky plants show.