ConCen
The Yeti Appreciation Thread - Printable Version

+- ConCen (https://concen.org/oldforum)
+-- Forum: Main (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: The Yeti Appreciation Thread (/thread-47693.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The Yeti Appreciation Thread - FastTadpole - 11-21-2012

yeti Wrote:I'm done now. Concen is officially yetiless. So long and thanks for all the fish.

After four long years yeti has retired from ConCen as our server administrator and resident ban hammer. Both huge roles that have left a void, a void that would have been far bigger if he hadn't spent weeks in training and migration of the tracker and forum and set up of idiot proof reboot controls.

He was a Sasquatch sized asset to the community and will be missed greatly, despite a lack of tact at times - which I can empathize with barely filling one of his giant shoes now along with my fellow mods.

Feel free to shower him with good byes and gifts to commemorate his past service and well earned retirement. No doubt he'll be lurking around, checking up on the community he spent so much time, and skilled effort in building, weeding and maintaining. He really did sacrifice more than anyone could fathom for this, our little slice of the internets.

Words can't say enough.

Thank you yeti, you are one of a kind!

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - vonnia - 11-21-2012

Thank you, Yeti, for the Herculean effort you've put into awakening and enlightening all of us.

You will be missed!

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - ioslo - 11-21-2012

Yeti Appreciation?
No single individual has done more to destroy the open, community nature of the original ConCen. One needn't go any further than to point out the much reduced participation here for proof. We're but one further idiot in charge from a site full of tumbleweeds as a testament to bad management and the use of admin power for one's self aggrandizement and for fapping one's ego. Anyone will likely be an improvement.
Welcome FastTadpole! Yeti? Good riddance to bad rubbish!

So, what's with the "Warning Level: 0%" designation that I seem to have "exclusively" acquired at some point here at the top ^ of this post?

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - EvilMaster - 11-21-2012

He banned me once merely for disagreeing with him, no debate, no rebuttal just a ban. I was shocked. It was because of that incident that I stopped sharing documentaries and stopped participating in the forum here completely.

Very unfortunate. Maybe we can rebuild the community as it once was now.

Hope so.

Go concen!

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - Mike_Smith - 11-22-2012

So who's running the show now?

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - FastTadpole - 11-22-2012

(11-22-2012, 12:03 AM)Mike_Smith Wrote: So who's running the show now?

All the mods do a bit to keep things running smoothly. Some more than others. It's rule by committee unless we slack, then it is a case of the inmates running the asylum.

Nobody can or will step up to fulfill the same mammoth role that the yeti hat entailed but we're doing our best to keep things running. At times I feel we are a tad understaffed/undermotivated/overworked etc. but it's not like we're rudderless, especially since yeti did everything he could to make the moderation, resource management and server admin as easy as possible to our group of volunteers keeping the ship afloat.

My hope is that we can evolve but it's enough just to keep the medium viable for starters.

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - Tripled - 11-22-2012

Thanks for all your great work Tom!

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - shortwave - 11-22-2012

Yes, Yeti almost banned me once for seeding too much. But he did give me a warning and I stopped seeding many of the torrents and that seemed to take care of the matter.

And although I didn't agree with many of the things he commented on and the things he implemented.... He did keep the site going after Mike CNTRL left and that is what the bottom line is...he kept the site going.

Good luck with Yeti's new endeavors whatever they may be and thanks for keeping the site running even though I disagreed with a lot of things things that were implemented during his term, .

Since we are starting fresh again. I have a request, I would like to see Mami unbanned, he was one of our best up-loaders. He has his own place now and that is where all the good stuff is now.

I need to use this time to say something important.

I think everyone should be prepared and ready for when TSHTF, I don't know how much time we have left as a free people. Maybe a few weeks, months or years. Be ready, not out of fear..but be ready as a wise person would when he or she sees a storm is approaching...and surely a storm is approaching. Have a supply of food, water, shelter and a means to continue for months on end if need be.

Let the recent hurricane Sandy be a guide what to expect if the SHTF, for those people the shit did hit the fan. Many were stuck in a modern city without power, without fresh food, without fresh water, no means of communications because their cell phones did not work. They could not get money out, the ATM's did not work. They ended up asking the TV reporters for information because they didn't have a portable radio or portable TV. Please don't get yourself caught unprepared like they did.

Now is the time to get together with people YOU can trust such as close friends, neighbors and relatives. Agree to cover each others back and have a means to protect you and your group. Don't join a group, start your own group and keep whatever you discuss amongst yourselves. If you haven't started preparing, then start now.

Thank You

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - Munchhausen - 11-22-2012

Thanks for all your hard work.

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - Tripled - 11-22-2012

Where might this new place be?

Tripled

(11-22-2012, 12:49 AM)shortwave Wrote: Since we are starting fresh again. I have a request, I would like to see Mami unbanned, he was one of our best up-loaders. He has his own place now and that is where all the good stuff is now.

Thank You

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - R.R - 11-22-2012

Thanks for your efforts and good luck yeti.

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - Easy Skanking - 11-22-2012

I do appreciate the work put into ConCen by yeti to keep it running. Thank you, Tom.
We disagreed on quite a bit in how to deal with issues that arise. It was the result of my disgust in one such incident that I stepped down from the staff. Perhaps now more level heads will prevail in dealing with others viewpoint and board members in general.

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - staceysugar - 11-22-2012

Thank you Yeti, good luck in your new adventures whatever they may be Smile

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - Mike_Smith - 11-22-2012

(11-22-2012, 12:13 AM)FastTadpole Wrote: All the mods do a bit to keep things running smoothly. Some more than others. It's rule by committee unless we slack, then it is a case of the inmates running the asylum.

Better than one head nut with a big ego. (No Tom I wasn't referring to you. Wink )

Quote:Nobody can or will step up to fulfill the same mammoth role that the yeti hat entailed but we're doing our best to keep things running. At times I feel we are a tad understaffed/undermotivated/overworked etc. but it's not like we're rudderless, especially since yeti did everything he could to make the moderation, resource management and server admin as easy as possible to our group of volunteers keeping the ship afloat.

My hope is that we can evolve but it's enough just to keep the medium viable for starters.

I agree about the mammoth role... and in that regard, nobody's going to step right in and fill his shoes.

G'luck Tom with whatever you do next.

(11-22-2012, 03:50 AM)Easy Skanking Wrote: Perhaps now more level heads will prevail in dealing with others viewpoint and board members in general.

The politburo hath spoken...lol.

It's weird reading this thread... I could easily envision Skank's statement (above) being directed at me about 3 or 4 years ago...

RE: The Yeti Appreciation Thread - Easy Skanking - 11-22-2012

(11-22-2012, 04:22 AM)Mike_Smith Wrote:
(11-22-2012, 03:50 AM)Easy Skanking Wrote: Perhaps now more level heads will prevail in dealing with others viewpoint and board members in general.

The politburo hath spoken...lol.

It's weird reading this thread... I could easily envision Skank's statement (above) being directed at me about 3 or 4 years ago...

I'm pretty sure I did. LOL
Herding ConCen cats can easily erode anyone's sanity.