ConCen
Did Negentropic warrant banning? - Printable Version

+- ConCen (https://concen.org/oldforum)
+-- Forum: Main (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Did Negentropic warrant banning? (/thread-47530.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Did Negentropic warrant banning? - FastTadpole - 11-07-2012

(11-07-2012, 04:01 PM)Frank2 Wrote: I only set this poll for 10 days.

I set the poll timeout to infinite when you and I decided to invoke the name change.

(11-07-2012, 04:01 PM)Frank2 Wrote: Either only 14 people use this board or the level of apathy in the community is too high.

Some Forum Stats
Our members have made a total of 244,605 posts in 43,263 threads.
We currently have 39,053 members registered. (Members who have posted: 10.69%)
The most users online at one time was 137 on Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 at 02:07 PM

Averages
Posts per day: 107.08
Threads per day: 18.94
Members per day: 17.1
Posts per member: 6.26
Replies per thread: 4.65

.. not every thread catches on (this one has ~200 views) but we have more than 14 users and perhaps many are undecided or apathetic to this little drama while different events have taken priority.

I know that before I became Mod I'd avoid this type of drama like the plague so not to constantly bump ConCen drama threads and distract from some real constructive conversation and focus on more relevant issues.

RE: Did Negentropic warrant banning? - temp9 - 11-07-2012

(11-07-2012, 01:54 AM)capnchronic Wrote: my toot decay thread

Oh my, I must have missed that one. Got a link?

RE: Did Negentropic warrant banning? - Frank2 - 11-07-2012

@FT Fair enough but why set the poll to not having a timeout then?

RE: Did Negentropic warrant banning? - April - 11-07-2012

(11-07-2012, 09:28 PM)temp9 Wrote:

pretty sure this is the one....
Opinions on tooth decay?

RE: Did Negentropic warrant banning? - temp9 - 11-08-2012

(11-07-2012, 09:40 PM)April Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 09:28 PM)temp9 Wrote:

pretty sure this is the one....
Opinions on tooth decay?

Thanks, April! You're so cool.Love005 Of course I was just trying to be funny, but as my years advance I'm having my own dental health issues, so I am interested.

RE: Did Negentropic warrant banning? - FastTadpole - 11-09-2012

Email From Negentropic he wanted me / allowed me to post here in this thread.

Code:
To: forum@concen.org
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:37 AM
Subject: Intrigues of Con-spin-dustry

@fast tadpole

I say let me post like I have always done for 2 years now, which is, up to 20 images per post, as allowed by your software. Otherwise change your software & restrict everyone to only one image & one video per post through the software itself. At that point, I would rarely post here anyway even if you did 'unban' me.

If you put all those images on MANGINAS all together, they would constitute only 4 or 5 posts as they were originally intended. I can do this easily in 20 minutes & you can delete the blank posts.

I can edit a big WARNING into the very beginning of the very first post that goes something like this:

WARNING

This is an IMAGE INTENSIVE thread, not intended for the meek or those in love with their own dubious notions of 'sanity.' If you do not want to wait a few minutes for the page to load or you have an older junk computer, please do not visit this thread.

I can put IMG INT into the beginning of the title of the thread itself to warn people not to even open the thread.

Sometimes I take somebody else's thread that's been dead for a long time & I add material over the course of many months like I did with Tri-Woo-Ox's Hitler thread which now has close to 18,000 views when it only had around 5000 when I started. I ALWAYS post lots of images & videos and have done this for 2 years straight with no complaints from any of you.

I am all for the maximum number of images allowed for ALL THREADS but if someone else wants to restrict their thread to only ONE IMAGE & ONE VIDEO per post or whatever other number, then they can indicate that AT THE VERY BEGINNING of their thread or in the title and I'll respect their wishes.

I also don't think that posting a video or image or text on more than one thread is 'spam' as long as it's RELEVANT to all those threads. This saves the reader from having to search all over another linked thread for the same video or image or text that could have been posted there right under his nose. I don't post for long-time readers who've already seen everything I've posted but for new readers who come here through google search of a certain subject.

However, if you guys want to restrict the ENTIRE SITE to only one image & one video per post, just by declaring it so, straight out of the blue, after all these years of allowing 20 images per post, based on the requests of Charlie Manson's Primal Poon, Easy Skanking Rastafari Globalist One World Reggae Man, Psilocybin No-Drumming 'Twatch' Man or whatever his cry-baby-ass name is and a few others too cheap to buy new computers and / or too impatient to wait a couple of minutes for a page to load, then that would be unfortunate and I wouldn't waste my time posting here anyway under those completely restrictive & UNCREATIVE, boring conditions.

@R.R. Try a little harder next time in trying to connect me to 'white superiority.'

I already openly declared that I was a pro-Western-civilization, anti-multiculturalist BRAIN SUPREMACIST, that is against stupid people & criminals of all races. If some races have more stupid people and criminals in them than others, then that's tough shit ! That general statistic would then be just as valid as any individual's possible deviation from it.

I am for the dominant culture of each nation developing out of free choice & free competition in an ANTI-USURY environment that sticks strictly to the non-aggression principle and stays eternally vigilant at all times against USURERS and their gang of criminals funded by the massive theft of usury & legalized counterfeiting which are the Talmudic & Torah Jews. This is basic historical FACT acknowledged by many famous historical figures of all stripes whether you want to face it or not.

When the dominant culture is the most productive culture and NO GROUP FORCE has been initiated against individuals that has not gone unpunished, then everyone else has to, BY NECESSITY, adapt to that culture or lose opportunities. They will have NO RECOURSE to group force to EQUALIZE any results whatsoever, they are only equal BEFORE the law to achieve unequal results as they inevitably will.

This BEGINS with a repeal and trashing of civil rights and all group 'rights' into the toilet where it belongs. Individual rights or no rights at all.

So all that basically means is that, yes, Hitler was a great man, indeed, but Jefferson was a greater man still, therefore I go with Jefferson .

@Frank2 & Anarchist

Thanks for backing me up. Frank2 (nik ? ) especially.

yours sincerely

the doppelganger of the lad that came to be feared as Negentropicus Maximus

P.S. For those interested I can also be found on David Icke Forums, September Clues Forums, John Friend's Blogspot, Kenny's Sideshow, The Truth Militia site, Mami Grizzom and many other sites, sometimes posting under Negentropic and sometimes posting under different names and / or completely anonymous. The astute observer can usually tell me from my posts.

I haven't found the time to respond to it as of yet, but I will.

RE: Did Negentropic warrant banning? - Easy Skanking - 11-09-2012

Well, since he said he probably wouldn't post here even if he wasn't banned, I said just let the ban ride. He can spam those other forums all he likes.

RE: Did Negentropic warrant banning? - Frank2 - 11-09-2012

That's not entirely straight, Easy - clearly he is saying "if" the software was to be set to restrict to one image per post for every user then he probably wouldn't be bothered about posting here anyway...

And as he pointed out - he has been posting like that as Negentropic (mmm?) for 2 years now without any problem nor complaint from moderators, so why is it suddenly a banning issue now? I'd say it's arbitary if it wasn't clear it has much to do with a perceived challenge to authority and the content being too abrasive for many...as has been clearly evinced.

It is a cogent reply to FT delineating why he wants to construct threads in such an 'intensive' manner and I think it's a verschwenden to arbitarily kick out active members, not least under the grounds that they "post too much" ~ labelling the posts as "spam" is a misdirection as is overly macho senior citizens before their time moaning about "nuisance" posters lowering the tone lol

I have heard the advice: "if you are not interested, don't read those threads/posts" given so many damn times on message boards but suddenly there is a collective forgetting of this maxim when it's convenient to a 'cause'.

@Negentropic: Absolutely no problem.

(11-08-2012, 09:44 AM)GetThe Wrote: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Shane is gonna stick his foot deep in your bitch ass yeti. Serves your fucking ass right Tom Potts! all you do is let people put up weird shit, then you ban iconoclast radio, which is the shiz-nit.
Fuck you my man. Ban me and I'll ask shane what I can do to help mutherfucker.
signed, yeti is a lying fag bitch !!
And if any of your bitch ass members say the wrong thing, i will stick my foot in your ass myself!

This is what the Ban button is for not for people who spend too much time and effort making threads...even if they don't align to your own views.

RE: Did Negentropic warrant banning? - R.R - 11-09-2012

Frank, I think you're defending Negentropic too much. There are other people involved such as mods and other members who also have a right to express their view and clearly the consensus is against Negentropic. I can kind of see where you are coming from but, as stated earlier, Negentropic was clearly asked to curb his behaviour, was given reasons why it was no longer acceptable and was warned what would happen if he carried on. Its too easy to preach that the mods or the 'collective' are hypocrites but if you are going to talk about freedom, one has to remember the responsibility that freedom requires.

Negentropics posts slowed down or crashed some computers so he was asked to take this into account for future posts. It is not the mods' responsibilty to cater to his preferred style of expression, it is their responsibilty to ensure the smooth running of the site first and foremost. He was given several reasonable alternatives as to how he could continue posting in a similar manner. He made his decision and FT followed through. What would you do if you asked someone to be a little more thoughtful and then they go ahead and essentially behave in a manner that says 'f*** you'? Even so he still has the opportunity to return.

I think he was treated fairly and reasonably. It is not everyday you get pre-warned about a behaviour, have an explanation as to why you are being asked to change, given an alternative and be told what the consequences will be. All paths were laid out in front of him and it was obvious which one he chose.

You make the internet and this site sound like a spinning jenny, RR. Or Scotty from startrek: "ooh, capn she can't take the load from these threads much longer, she's givin all she's got".

It isn't your concern to what extent I am compelled to stand at his defence. Thankyou for at least partially seeing my POV.

Like I said, I have a crummy computer (it's specs are given in the mangina thread)..and the slight hang up on the threads from Negentropic was not a problem - what about all the "what are you currently listening to?" type threads, where it is youtube after youtube after youtube ad infinitum, these are the threads which DO hang up severely..I don't see them being closed due to conflicting with the site software or whatever...it's nonsensical, disingenuous.

And here, you are trying to rap it up in the ribbons of "reasonableness".

Frank, do you even know what ribbons you are using?

Certainly Smile

Good.

Time will tell if you have enough ribbon....

I am using black theraband and I have enough for more than one lifetime

(back to topic Wink)

RE: Did Negentropic warrant banning? - Easy Skanking - 11-09-2012

(11-09-2012, 02:53 PM)Frank2 Wrote: That's not entirely straight, Easy - clearly he is saying "if" the software was to be set to restrict to one image per post for every user then he probably wouldn't be bothered about posting here anyway...

And as he pointed out - he has been posting like that as Negentropic (mmm?) for 2 years now without any problem nor complaint from moderators, so why is it suddenly a banning issue now? I'd say it's arbitary if it wasn't clear it has much to do with a perceived challenge to authority and the content being too abrasive for many...as has been clearly evinced.

It is a cogent reply to FT delineating why he wants to construct threads in such an 'intensive' manner and I think it's a verschwenden to arbitarily kick out active members, not least under the grounds that they "post too much" ~ labelling the posts as "spam" is a misdirection as is overly macho senior citizens before their time moaning about "nuisance" posters lowering the tone lol

I have heard the advice: "if you are not interested, don't read those threads/posts" given so many damn times on message boards but suddenly there is a collective forgetting of this maxim when it's convenient to a 'cause'.

It's not YouTube videos that are the issue. Never had a prob with threads like that. It's his incessant use of animated gifs. They are useless for any kind of forensic examination and most of the time they are completely OT to whatever he may be posting about. I have NEVER put anyone on my ignore list until him. It's that spamming of gifs and other unrelated pics that got him ignored.