MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Mayor Bloomberg's soda ban will cause New Yorkers to poison themselves - Printable Version
ConCen
Mayor Bloomberg's soda ban will cause New Yorkers to poison themselves - Printable Version

+- ConCen (https://concen.org/oldforum)
+-- Forum: Main (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Health & Environment (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Mayor Bloomberg's soda ban will cause New Yorkers to poison themselves (/thread-47052.html)

RE: Mayor Bloomberg's soda ban will cause New Yorkers to poison themselves - 1martian - 10-02-2012

The other option, which the author of this article fails to consider, is to ban the sale of the large sizes of both types of soda, and to take strong action to take the aspartame-laced variety off the market entirely, given the abundance of evidence of its harmful effects. Russell Blaylock, M.D., is a good source of information on the subject:

RE: Mayor Bloomberg's soda ban will cause New Yorkers to poison themselves - h3rm35 - 10-02-2012

fuck bloomberg and giuliani in the ear. They killed the greatest city the world has ever known, jews included. I'll never be able to go home again 'cause they preferred disney over raunchy as far as the facade is concerned. It's a general assault on the most free city since alexandria, and anyone who considers a soda ban as disconnected from the herd-training NY has gone through.

NYC is USA's Malta. it willl flood and it will die, but its ok for now.,

NYC will rise until its submerged.

RE: Mayor Bloomberg's soda ban will cause New Yorkers to poison themselves - 1martian - 10-02-2012

I suppose this matter is really part of a larger debate about how to best inform people about what is harming them - in this case consuming large quantities of drinks and other highly processed foods, which has been proven to lead to obesity and medical problems of all sorts, and what regulations it might be proper to bring into effect. I feel there is a legitimate rôle for government to play in protecting its citizens (and non-citizens). What that rôle should be is the tricky bit. Undecided

RE: Mayor Bloomberg's soda ban will cause New Yorkers to poison themselves - h3rm35 - 10-02-2012

while I hate HFCS, this is a deeply NY issue. it echoes across what we call the USA, but as I've known my entire adult life, NYC means more than USA. It might be different now, considering the absolute destruction of the culture that existed when I grew up there, but being on guard in a free city is a hell of a lot better than being off-guard in a plastic city and dealing with those consequences.

blah blah blah.

Where would you rather live?

why?