ConCen
UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - Printable Version

+- ConCen (https://concen.org/oldforum)
+-- Forum: Main (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Velvet Glove (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka (/thread-31059.html)

UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - TriWooOx - 01-16-2010

Quote:It would be the first national party to call for a total ban on the Islamic headgear; the far-right British National Party believes they should be banned from schools.

Lord Pearson of Rannoch, the leader of Ukip, wants to raise the issue of the influence of Sharia law in Britain, according to a report in The Times.

He told the newspaper: “We are taking expert advice on how we could do it. It makes sense to ban the burka — or anything which conceals a woman’s face — in public buildings. But we want to make it possible to ban them in private buildings. It isn’t right that you can’t see someone’s face in an airport.”

He added: “We are not Muslim bashing, but this is incompatible with Britain’s values of freedom and democracy.”

The newspaper said Ukip would make an announcement on Sunday describing the burka as a threat to gender equality and claiming that it marginalises women and endangers public safety because terrorists could use them to hide their identity.

In the European elections last June, Ukip secured the second-largest share of the vote, more than 16 per cent.

Ukip is seen as a single-issue Euro-sceptic party, but it also has a policy of bringing back grammar schools and reducing the number of school leavers attending university.

In France, public opinion is opposed to women wearing full veils in schools, hospitals or government buildings but moves to impose a blanket ban have become mired in legal arguments amid fears it would be unworkable in practice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/ukip/7004127/UKIP-to-call-for-ban-on-wearing-burka.html

RE: UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - Ctrl - 01-16-2010

Fuck the ban, send them HOME!!!

Diversity is GOOD they say! All I've seen diversity do is divide us.

Can't White's have a white nation to themselves?

RE: UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - hammer - 01-21-2010

That's a sure-fire vote winner.

RE: UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - joeblow - 01-22-2010

(01-16-2010, 10:52 PM)Ctrl Wrote: Can't White's have a white nation to themselves?

Because (until very recently) you all were too afraid to even say the word Jew.

RE: UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - --- - 01-22-2010

(01-16-2010, 10:52 PM)Ctrl Wrote: Can't White's have a white nation to themselves?

Don't settle for Madagascar

RE: UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - rsol - 01-22-2010

well ukip are not doing themselves any favours hereSmile

I find it funny that we have laws stating public decency about overexposure yet feel that underexposure can be regarded as a crime. the most bizzar turn of event is most WOMEN are comming out against such an idea. Too right i say. For any women out there "afraid" of the burka i alwasy ask if they mind if i stare at thier tits while we discuss itSmile

The burka is merely a sign of dignity, if a woman is forced to wear it or is punished for not, THAT IS A CRIME.

I live in london now and walk down the street without fear of a woman with her shopping WHATEVER SHE WEARS. lets be grown ups.

RE: UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - Ctrl - 01-23-2010

I have a better idea... assimilate or get the fuck out.

Who the fuck is any people to move here in large numbers and insist WE adapt to THEM?

RE: UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - --- - 01-23-2010

Quote:without fear of a woman with her shopping WHATEVER SHE WEARS. lets be grown ups.

postcards from Beslan?

I'm not so keen on cultural masking of faces as a norm - possibly not for a number of people with Autism but other than that the face is the primary vehicle of communication - it wasn't designed to be in a pouch.

Who creatd the tradition? some women back in the mists of time sick of having their "tits stared at"?

but of course people should be free to attire themselves however they wish and it is not the business of partx politics.

RE: UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - Ctrl - 01-23-2010

Quote:but of course people should be free to attire themselves however they wish and it is not the business of partx politics.

I agree wholeheartedly! But I close with saying this:

The whole issue at hand simply exemplifies how "diversity" IS NOT a source of strength but rather of discord and mistrust.

We're better off without it.

RE: UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - rsol - 04-10-2010

hardly ctrl. in all honesty this forum would be a rather shoddy place if there was not a diversity of opinion. we have conspiracy sceptics and loons here. its a rare place for that. balanced debate is hard to find.

The same can be said of personal belief and personal attire. would you object if it were merely a fashion thing? all the ladies started covering their heads and faces with scarves? just because it was the fashion at the time? would it be ok then?

In the same token , would you go over to another country that had strict laws about dress code?

RE: UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - --- - 04-11-2010

same agenda as banning hoodies.

I think men should start wearing them too in the UK - thus removing any claims of gender inequality.

I vote we ALL wear them sometimes. or ninja masks. I just dont like CCTV. A big thanks to the muslims for potentially twarting the uk surveillance state through traditional clothing.

RE: UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka - crystal - 04-11-2010

Quote:I think men should start wearing them too in the UK

Well the weather is often perfect for them and it would put the fashion industry out of business. But to wear them voluntarily in the middle east is silly.
In some middle eastern and north African countries men already do.
The Burka controversy had been quiet for a while so its always worth pulling it out for a few illusory votes, for the ignorant and fearful amongst the populus.

[Image: 6a00d8341c630a53ef0128765ee90c970c-600wi]