MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Life After Death - Printable Version
ConCen
Life After Death - Printable Version

+- ConCen (https://concen.org/oldforum)
+-- Forum: Main (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Religion, New Age & The Occult (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Life After Death (/thread-28529.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Life After Death - standvast - 09-27-2006

Quote:- Do you believe in Life before Birth?

Who's birth , "my" "own"? ,.. yes i do.

Quote:- Do you believe in Life after Death?

Who's death ? "my" "own",..
do you mean the fysical perishing of heart mind and body?

...yes i do. but you can call it transcending, or "reincarnating",
but the "carne" in reincarnations implies flesh, and we can also
transcend this realm/ be minus the flesh/bodily cast imho.

Quote:- Do you believe we are some kind of cosmic accident?

"We" as in all sentient beings? on Earth?
i can believe in both intent and accidents, .. as long as there is a drive to them.[energy]

Quote:- Do you agree with Bible's Creation logic?

what "logic" are you refering to? :)
so my answer to that would be "no".

Quote:- Do you agree with Al-Quran's Creation process?

No.

Quote:- Do you agree with Darwin?

No. ..i respect Darwins intellect but despise the manner in which his
incomplete theory is often presented as the utmost truth.[not his "fault"]

Quote:- Do you have your own theory?

Nothing i theorize belongs to me , or is truely "my own"
yes / no ...depending on who i'm talking to and whether i feel like laying out my beliefs.

peace'
standvast.

Life After Death - saunatonttu - 09-27-2006

Quote:yes i'm blind and biased because I like to ask hard questions, i'm blind because I verify what the Bible actually says, i'm blind because I want proof for every claim you or anyone states, i'm blind because I search for the truth and not claim I found it as many do here, i'm blind because i'm opened to all ideas if they have evidence to sustain it, i'm blind because I actually want to put the Bible to test and ask people to point out flaws.

You a truth searcher? OMFGLOL!:D:D That has got to be the absurdest thing I've heard in my life.
I've seen the tests you put your bible to. People ask questions and make statements about it and all you do is find ways to accord the answers so that they fit the bible. And you don't even seem to realize it yourself that you do that.
That the bible is wrong is not an option for you and that's the only reason you don't find flaws in it!
With a framework of thought like that, you're the complete opposite of a truth searcher.

Life After Death - DHammer - 09-27-2006

Quote:You a truth searcher? OMFGLOL! biggrin.gif:D That has got to be the absurdest thing I've heard in my life.
every person on this forum searches for truth, more or less.:rolleyes:
Quote:With a framework of thought like that, you're the complete opposite of a truth searcher.
i don't really care what you think about me, I only care what you think about the word of God, and i'm quite disapointed that you don't give it at least a chance.

Life After Death - saunatonttu - 09-28-2006

Quote:i don't really care what you think about me, I only care what you think about the word of God, and i'm quite disapointed that you don't give it at least a chance.

I think YOU don't give yourself a chance of finding the truth.

Life After Death - lovelyk - 09-28-2006

Thanks to everybody, for expressing their views.

Quote:how the birth process works,, i'd sure like to find out though.
You can find this at the end of the pdf.

Quote:I like to ask hard questions
There are many ways to know the truth. Every living soul is unique so is its approach.
Asking questions always lead to the truth. Sooner or later. Those who seek, always reach.

Quote:I actually want to put the Bible to test and ask people to point out flaws
It will make your head spin:D
Anyway, there's a book "Bible, Quran and Science" by a french author (i can't recall his name). That's an excellent book. Personally I believe Bible's been corrupted by crypto-jewry to solidify implanted "traditons'. (e.g. I believe Jesus was not God and There's no such thing as "original sin' etc. etc.)

Life After Death - DHammer - 09-28-2006

Quote:I think YOU don't give yourself a chance of finding the truth.
obviously ... we all know what your opinions are about me.
you just like to have the last word dont you ? :rolleyes:

Quote:You can find this at the end of the pdf.
what pdf? :blink:
Quote:Those who seek, always reach.
that's EXACTLY what the Bible teaches " SEARCH and you shall find"
the only difference is, it commands us to do it, not ask whether we like it or not. The finding, if we do the search, is inevitable. One is supposed to FIND something.

Quote:Anyway, there's a book "Bible, Quran and Science" by a french author (i can't recall his name). That's an excellent book. Personally I believe Bible's been corrupted by crypto-jewry to solidify implanted "traditons'. (e.g. I believe Jesus was not God and There's no such thing as "original sin' etc. etc.)
wish everyone here would express their views the same way you do, without calling others "subhumans" ignorants" "blinded by lies" "deceived" etc.

Life After Death - tsoldrin - 09-28-2006

Quote:wish everyone here would express their views the same way you do, without calling others "subhumans" ignorants" "blinded by lies" "deceived" etc.

Huh! Isn't that kind of like telling people that because what the believe or don't believe they are going to roast in hell?

I mean I can understand that you're weary of the animosity mate, but praps if you stopped dishing it out you'd stop receiving it as well aye?

Life After Death - DHammer - 09-28-2006

Quote:Huh! Isn't that kind of like telling people that because what the believe or don't believe they are going to roast in hell?

I mean I can understand that you're weary of the animosity mate, but praps if you stopped dishing it out you'd stop receiving it as well aye?

This has nothing to do with my beliefs or yours, it's just a civilized attitude we should all have towards one another, if loving is too much to ask. How else are we supposed to exchange relevant arguments and debate anything if not in the proper manner ? I for one would not.

Life After Death - lovelyk - 10-01-2006

Quote:what pdf?
Page 1, Rapid Share link of the collection. The stories of "clinically dead" people. You will find amazing wisdom in these experiences.

Life After Death - The Mekon - 10-09-2006

Arrrgh that .pdf has no contents page! No way I'm reading all that! As I was skimming along I noticed Near-death experiences mentioned many times. I heard that "near-death experience" is some of the best drugs available and that the closest you can get is with DMT. Ever done DMT? Well, it is an amazingly strong and shortlived hallucinogen under the affects of which people have sincerely believed they were conversing with god or cosmic entities of some kind, etc. In my experience it can shake reality long after the drug has worn off. I was for several weeks convinced that there was something more signifcant to my experience than simple naval gazing. Light at the end of a long dark tunnel? Beings of light? Higher wisdom? Seems fairly humdrum compared to DMT. I raised this because I heard that DMT activates chemicals that are supposed to be released when you die or get really close. To me it seems like a final chemical send off, like your body is saving the best bit till right at the end.

Don't worry! Death will be amazing! Your stash is full so relax, get comfortable and enjoy the ride into oblivion!

- Do you believe in Life before Birth?
No, I can't remember it.
- Do you believe in Life after Death?
No, partly because that ruins my definition of Death being "an end to life" and partly because I have no clue as to truth of this.
- Do you believe we are some kind of cosmic accident?
No because accident implies some other order of happening which was thought out or planned.
- Do you agree with Bible's Creation logic?
No, it's silly.
- Do you agree with Al-Quran's Creation process?
No, it's also silly.
- Do you agree with Darwin?
I heard he wrote, thinking about his own work, that when we find better ways to model species stuff then we should drop his ideas. How could you not agree with that unless you are anti-science. He seems a better scientist than most.
- Do you have your own theory?
If I subscribe to any theory it is my own. I mean even if I say I am a creationist what I mean is I like my interpretation of creationist theory more than I like my interpretation of other theories I have been subjected to. I have only a vague notion of how Darwin views his own theory so I cannot, with any accuracy, say I believe what he believes. We'd have to sit and chat for ages and maybe get drunk before we thought we agreed unless we were "being nice". But he's dead. Anyway back to the question. I assume you mean a theory about why there are different species at different times in earth's history. No I don't have a theory.

For me it would be more interesting to ask for a theory about why different people are satisfied by theories different from each others and also different from those they hold at other times in their life. A theory of theoretical satisfaction or somesuch... I think my answer would be that I enjoy evolutionary theory more than creationist theory because creationist theory seems like loads of work for my imagination. Imagining a chimp turn into me like one of those facial morphs on a pop video, thats easy! Imagining God, Heaven, Angels, Hell and all this other stuff I cannot recollect experiencing phew thats hard! I guess it's Occam's razor. Creationism of whatever flavor might be what happens but it contains way too many assumptions for me to take it seriously.

Even though science is limited in what it can know I consider that knowledge to be more reliable where it is available. Science cannot answer this question with certainty only theory and I respect that honesty or lack of arrogance. Religious people come across as arrogant, sometimes scientists do too but you know what? I think the scientists are right to insist what they are saying has more weight than the dude who talks to himself and thinks it's god answering. When I say I think it has more weight I am assuming that the scientist is presenting results of their or other scientists scientific investigations.

Life After Death - The Mekon - 10-09-2006

Oops I meant to say: Religous people SOMETIMES come across as arrogant, etc.

But I can't work out how to edit it...:huh:

Life After Death - DHammer - 10-10-2006

No, it's silly.

May I ask why ? Have you read it yourself and found some flaws in it ? If so, i would be interested to hear them, not necesarily have an argument about it. I wanna know why people find the Biblical view as "silly", cause you`re not the only one who thinks that.
Have you researched the topic a bit before jumping to such a conclusion ? If so, I wanna hear your take on the phrase "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness". What exactly does it mean ? Aliens made humans ? God looks like a man ?

Life After Death - lovelyk - 10-10-2006

'The Mekon' date='Oct 9 2006, 06:36 PM' post='14966'

I believe in certain things because otherwise you get lost in the labrynth of lies & distortions.
Second, I test and if found correct, i accept it. e.g. I believe in NDE because I was out of body while meditating. Yes, some can use various drugs to get out of the body but i won't receommend anyone to use any kind of chemicals.

I believe in Bible and I believe in Al-Quran because many things said in these books were prove to be right. Besides

Quote:"we should not be ashamed to acknowledge truth from whatever source it comes to us, even if it is brought to us by former generations and foreign peoples. For him who seeks the truth there is nothing of higher value than truth itself."
-- Arab philosopher al-Kindi

BTW, i got this quote from a illuminati site:) irony! isn't it?

Life After Death - The Mekon - 10-10-2006

Quote:
No, it's silly.

May I ask why ? Have you read it yourself and found some flaws in it ? If so, i would be interested to hear them, not necesarily have an argument about it. I wanna know why people find the Biblical view as "silly", cause you`re not the only one who thinks that.
Have you researched the topic a bit before jumping to such a conclusion ? If so, I wanna hear your take on the phrase "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness". What exactly does it mean ? Aliens made humans ? God looks like a man ?

Yes you may ask why, I'll try to answer. For me it's most obvious flaw is that we'd all be severely inbred by now if we all came from one couple. But then to say that the couple were made by some kind of cosmic monster, God, this kind of undermines it too. Why would I start believing in a cosmic monster? To fill in some gaps? I don't feel I need to do this.

Have I researched the topic? in a halfhearted way I suppose, just to see if it approaches believeabilty for me and it doesn't.

"Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

What does this mean? well I would like to ask the author who is refered to in "us". If there's a group of them which one is talking (because she seems to be the boss) and who are the others? What at this stage is refered to as "man"? When they say in our image do they mean it litterally as in "a mirror image of us with no discernable difference"? Does "after our likeness" mean "exactly the same" or "roughly similar" or even "not like us at all to the casual observer"? Did this group or individual with a multiple personality disorder have the diversity of features we find on humans today? Was it talking just about one feature? If it's just a roughly similar thing then perhaps it's possible that the maker has a double on present day earth! The bible does not mention it obviously but did they give the same line about giraffes? I mean is every species of life made in their image but the message is spun to appeal to humans?

So what is the motive for relating this? Is the person who wrote this trying to make believe that we are superior to other animals? That would be nice wouldn't it? To be a cosmic monsters favorite? Then perhaps I can kill and exploit with celestial impunity as long as I avoid targetting the monsters favorite. Perhaps I can beat the "don't eat the soft fluffy animals because they're cute!" tendency with a bit of "cosmic monster says she made them for me anyway, yum yum!" in various forms.

Aliens made us? I don't believe that, why does someone have to make us? Because we don't fully understand how it would happen otherwise? That is silly! We don't fully understand anything about anything, it's not possible to "fully" understand. But that doesn't mean we have to make up something to fill in the gap just because that gives us "closure" or a sense of achievement in beating the mystery. Instead we can just start thinking about something else.

I think that being happy with not knowing is an area of growth which many religious people stunt. They seem to count themselves out of the intellectual/experiencial efforts of the human race to improve our understanding of ourselves and how we relate to the rest of the universe by insisting that some cosmic monster has already explained it and so they can stop thinking about it. You have to be happy with never reaching a solid conclusion if you are going to think about things like "how did I get here?" and "what is here?". You can entertain the illusion of certainty on matters like this just like you can occasionally take recreational drugs but it's not sensible to spend your life on them as far as I can see.

I wonder if the fact that my testicles will take nutrients from my other organs just to make semen, my body prioritises procreation over my own survival, does this mean the answer to "Why am I here?" is "To have sex."? In one sense it might be, this means i know that it is probably untrue in other senses. Somehow though I feel good about realising this dimention of the purpose of my existance. But if I thought I had the whole answer there I would be shortchanging myself in my opinion. There can't be any whole answers, there is always further room for thought.

You ask the question "What exactly does it mean?", do you think I can have an answer that isn't just an expression of myself? "What exactly does it mean to you?" takes some of that "looking for authority" edge off it, please excuse my criticism.

Doh! I got this far before realising that I could have just answered your question "What exactly does it mean?" with one word - "nothing".

I hope that mystifies things for you:)

Life After Death - The Mekon - 10-10-2006

Quote:'The Mekon' date='Oct 9 2006, 06:36 PM' post='14966'

I believe in certain things because otherwise you get lost in the labrynth of lies & distortions.
Second, I test and if found correct, i accept it. e.g. I believe in NDE because I was out of body while meditating. Yes, some can use various drugs to get out of the body but i won't receommend anyone to use any kind of chemicals.

I believe in Bible and I believe in Al-Quran because many things said in these books were prove to be right.
Besides

Quote:"we should not be ashamed to acknowledge truth from whatever source it comes to us, even if it is brought to us by former generations and foreign peoples. For him who seeks the truth there is nothing of higher value than truth itself."
-- Arab philosopher al-Kindi

BTW, i got this quote from a illuminati site:) irony! isn't it?

Hello lovelyk:)

I hope you are not offended that I find your assertions confusing.

If I am in a labrynth of lies and distortions, which I assume is meant to be a negative thing, then why would I believe what I read in a book? Is not my own understanding of things part of that labrynth, am I not part of that labrynth, is not the book and science and religion with it?

I believe in near death experiences because everyone gets near death at some point and it's definately an experience, the fact that people have "crazy" or "religious" experiences when they are near death can perhaps be explained by the drugs that are released into the body when it loses all hope.

I am not suggesting that anyone do drugs to have a near death experience... That seems incredibly moronic to me! I am suggesting that DMT will give you an idea of the effects of the chemicals your body will release under those circumstances. I suspect your meditation will not come close as a substitute, mine certainly didn't.

Quote:I believe in Bible and I believe in Al-Quran because many things said in these books were prove to be right.

Can you give me an example and tell me who proved it "right" and how?

I imagine, if you are kind enough to give me an example, that it will be one of prophecy and that you won't be aware of the convenient interpretation you make so that the prophecy becomes "true".

Please prove me wrong!:)