ConCen
No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - Printable Version

+- ConCen (https://concen.org/oldforum)
+-- Forum: Main (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Nerds & Geeks (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? (/thread-18243.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - MC David - 06-23-2007

I've encountered an issue lately with Peerguardian where it doesn't load lists any more of the addresses to block. When I press check updates just one thing comes up that says "Peerguardian update" & it always just comes up "none available". Has anyone else experienced this?

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - Winston - 06-24-2007

TBH.. in a word no.

Everything working fine here as regard's the updating.
Tho i will admit to it not updating every single time.

HTH. :cool:

Regards,

Winston.

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - Guest - 06-25-2007

You can always use the tool from blocklist.org and compile your own. (with their updates)

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - MrBS - 06-25-2007

Perhaps Peer<strike>Nazi</strike>Guardian has blocked you? :crazy:

Stupid system anyway.

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - MC David - 06-25-2007

Quote:Perhaps Peer<strike>Nazi</strike>Guardian has blocked you? :crazy:

Stupid system anyway.

Why would Peer Guardian block me & why do you call it Nazi Guardian? What happened was I turned my computer on w/o the motem off & left it off for a while. I had Peer Guardian on automatic start-up. I guess having my modem off did something to it as it searches for the updates as it starts up because Since then my Peer Guardian has no lists as described. It used always have 5 lists that would update every time I turned the computer on. Thing is I even uninstalled the program, downloaded the newest version & reinstalled it & it still does this.

& why do you say it's a stupid system, I thought it was a good way to block the feds from catching you download/upload copyrighted shit?

Quote:TBH.. in a word no.

Everything working fine here as regard's the updating.
Tho i will admit to it not updating every single time.

HTH. :cool:

Regards,

Winston.

Don't know what TBH & HTH stand for. Do you still have the 5 lists on yours?

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - MrBS - 06-25-2007

Quote:Why would Peer Guardian block me
that was a joke

Quote:& why do you call it Nazi Guardian?
Because blocking people is wrong. Don't tell me that all those IP addresses belong to bad people. No good people should suffer because of the actions of the bad.

Quote:& why do you say it's a stupid system, I thought it was a good way to block the feds from catching you download/upload copyrighted shit?
Because it just might give people a false sense of security, and not to mention it obviously blocks people who are not bad and thus artificially degenerates the internet. On top of that it just adds another layer of processing your computer has to do.

It's always blocking bad looking stuff, for example organizations like "Cambridge Entrepreneurial Network" and "bittorrent fakes". I like it as a program I just wish it was working right & I had the 5 lists back :umm:

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - Guest - 06-26-2007

Quote:Don't know what TBH & HTH stand for. Do you still have the 5 lists on yours?

To Be Honest=TBH ...as for HTH, well that BTSOOM.

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - MC David - 06-26-2007

Quote:
Quote:Don't know what TBH & HTH stand for. Do you still have the 5 lists on yours?

To Be Honest=TBH ...as for HTH, well that BTSOOM.

Alright I'll Google it :smirk:

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - Easy Skanking - 06-28-2007

My Peerguardian crashed a couple of months back and has not ever decided to start up again. =(
I have no idea why nor was I ever able to get it running again regardless of what I did. This leads me to believe that it is a buggy prog combined with all the other problems I see. I don't know....

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - Easy Skanking - 06-30-2007

Quote:In any of these cases above when you come across such errors
the best thing to do is uninstall the peer guardian
clear all remaining registry keys or folders
reboot - grab it again (or in any case you already did before the procedure)
then install the fresh new copy and fire it up
add on the usual extra lists you want to in the list manager section.
It really does solve most of the annoying issues.

I tried this several times and had the same crash error after the re-install. I've seen lots of reports of this crash or no-start problems from PG. :eyebrow:
Didn't help me unfortunately.

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - Easy Skanking - 07-01-2007

I have tried using pg2-050918-nt.exe and pg2-051118-nt.exe.
Both versions for XP.

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - freeon - 07-02-2007

bluetack's servers have been down for a few weeks now. I believe peerguardian pulls the level 1 list from their servers.

No Lists Any More On Peerguardian? - B4Time - 07-02-2007

Blue tack has not been down.I was just there to check try a proxy.These guys are blocking a lot of ip's for some reason.I use the pip list for utorrent and the proxy is the only way I can get there.Asked in the chat about this and they said my ip must be blocked at there router.they must be trying to keep there cost down or another reason who knows.