ConCen
Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - Printable Version

+- ConCen (https://concen.org/oldforum)
+-- Forum: Main (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Religion, New Age & The Occult (https://concen.org/oldforum/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions (/thread-15798.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - 5757 - 08-29-2007

http://www.exposingchristianity.com

The person running this website describes herself as a "Spiritual Satanist". According to her material, the god of the Bible and his angels are malicious while Satan is a god who wishes advancement for humanity but has been unjustly slandered and lied about down through the centuries. At the least, an interesting read. Here's another

http://www.joyofsatan.com

I myself don't have a religion as of this writing, neither Christian nor Satanist, but I do wonder why the serpent in the Garden of Eden in Genesis was considered so bad when it was due to his influence that Adam and Eve attained knowledge.

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - B4Time - 08-30-2007

Yep but not only was it stolen it was tweaked for control of the masses.

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - 5757 - 08-30-2007

Quote:Yep but not only was it stolen it was tweaked for control of the masses.

Got any links with information regarding that?

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - B4Time - 08-30-2007

Here is how I looked it up.Just punch in google [control of the masses through religion] 100's of links will pop up.As far as it being stolen or parts there of you will have to read quite a bit of where it came from namely the jewish religion.and before that the Babylon religion also the old Egyptian religion.Funny thing is that most all if not all Christian holidays fall either on a jewish or pagan holiday.It's a good idea to read the gnostic gospels to see what they left out when they put the bible together at the council of Nicea.For me it was easy to see what was going on in all religion after all I read.WE are the right religion,only we can save you,all other religions but ours is wrong and of course kill all others that do not believe or believe in another religion.I'm quoting this from memory so don't hold me to it but I think it was in the gnostic's that Jesus was against organized religion.Pretty sure he said it is between you and G-d and no one else.Funny how they left that little tid bit out.If you really want to get in to this Drew Hemple is the one to talk to,his posts are very good and he seems very knowledgeable on the subject.He must have tons of direct links for ya.before I forget look up Mier on the pirate bay it will be listed as a four part video named Talmud Jmmanuel I found these very interesting.It's not on this tracker here the copy write holder complained.Now after reading this you might think I don't believe in G-d,wrong I believe and it's between him and myself and no other.

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - horseonwheels - 08-30-2007

another person living in a fantasy. She is an anti christian, which means she still havent left the realm of fantasies. It is however true that ALL religion is shaped from former beliefs and practices no ifs or buts.

if you REALLY want to know, go here http://christianism.com/

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - 5757 - 09-01-2007

Quote:another person living in a fantasy. She is an anti christian, which means she still havent left the realm of fantasies.

How is she living in a fantasy if she is anti-Christian?

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - Phil999 - 09-01-2007

sure the Catholic Church turned pagan festivals into Christian ones. They had to, because the missionaries (missionists?), well the people who did the mission had to be careful about what they told the pagans. They couldn't just wipe out old traditions in one strike, they had to adapt existing traditions into something that made sense to the pagans. I imagine that they sat together to make a proper plan for their mission, and I guess this "adaptation" was a top ten topic in the Vatican some centuries ago.

Personally I don't think this is a catastrophy, because equinoxe is equinoxe, and midwinter is midwinter, regardless of the local religion.

The thing about Satan being the good guy and God being the bad guy may also be explained in old Zarathustra religion where there are Ahriman and Lucifer (devils) and Ahura Mazda (God). Lucifer, the light bearer and light bringer, is responsible for the light of intelligence, the own free will, the thinking. From this point of view, Lucifer or Satan indeed is a force for progress and development, but of course also the reason why people turn away from God (tower of Babel).

The nature of Ahriman is a bit more difficult to grasp for me, as far as I have understood, he is responsible for the destruction (also related with thinking and intelligence), but also for technology. So, as we sit right now in front of our computer, we mainly deal with Ahriman (electronics) and Lucifer (thinking, computing, mental work). Ahura Mazda, of course, is responsible for love and inspiration.

As we live in a dualistic world at the moment, we have a hard time to imagine the singularity or oneness. Therefore we are somewhat forced to establish religions that teach us about good and bad, God and Devil, etc., but in reality, outside the realm of duality, there is only creation, no counterpart. But in a condensed part of the universe where duality reigns, the creative force absolutely must have a counterpart.

Hope this makes sense.

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - 5757 - 09-02-2007

Quote:sure the Catholic Church turned pagan festivals into Christian ones. They had to, because the missionaries (missionists?), well the people who did the mission had to be careful about what they told the pagans. They couldn't just wipe out old traditions in one strike, they had to adapt existing traditions into something that made sense to the pagans. I imagine that they sat together to make a proper plan for their mission, and I guess this "adaptation" was a top ten topic in the Vatican some centuries ago.

Personally I don't think this is a catastrophy, because equinoxe is equinoxe, and midwinter is midwinter, regardless of the local religion.

The thing about Satan being the good guy and God being the bad guy may also be explained in old Zarathustra religion where there are Ahriman and Lucifer (devils) and Ahura Mazda (God). Lucifer, the light bearer and light bringer, is responsible for the light of intelligence, the own free will, the thinking. From this point of view, Lucifer or Satan indeed is a force for progress and development, but of course also the reason why people turn away from God (tower of Babel).

The nature of Ahriman is a bit more difficult to grasp for me, as far as I have understood, he is responsible for the destruction (also related with thinking and intelligence), but also for technology. So, as we sit right now in front of our computer, we mainly deal with Ahriman (electronics) and Lucifer (thinking, computing, mental work). Ahura Mazda, of course, is responsible for love and inspiration.

As we live in a dualistic world at the moment, we have a hard time to imagine the singularity or oneness. Therefore we are somewhat forced to establish religions that teach us about good and bad, God and Devil, etc., but in reality, outside the realm of duality, there is only creation, no counterpart. But in a condensed part of the universe where duality reigns, the creative force absolutely must have a counterpart.

Hope this makes sense.

Right but she is not saying that merely the holidays were ripped off, but that the whole foundations of Christianity are blatantly stolen and corrupted, not merely influenced and continued under a different name.

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - B4Time - 09-02-2007

who is this she we are referring to lol hope its not me or I,m going to open a can of woop ass lol

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - horseonwheels - 09-04-2007

Quote:
Quote:another person living in a fantasy. She is an anti christian, which means she still havent left the realm of fantasies.

How is she living in a fantasy if she is anti-Christian?

the mere fact ath she is anti something means that she still live in the framwork set up by the christian cult. She deals with an image called the devil, she puts into it whatever she wants to, but as such live her life acording to being anti christian instead of just being. She still live in a world with demons, and fairies and magic and all that other stuff from christianity, so she never left the framwork, she just parted side with someone else in that particular fantasy.

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - modemho - 09-04-2007

Quote:http://www.exposingchristianity.com

The person running this website describes herself as a "Spiritual Satanist". According to her material, the god of the Bible and his angels are malicious while Satan is a god who wishes advancement for humanity but has been unjustly slandered and lied about down through the centuries. At the least, an interesting read. Here's another

http://www.joyofsatan.com

I myself don't have a religion as of this writing, neither Christian nor Satanist, but I do wonder why the serpent in the Garden of Eden in Genesis was considered so bad when it was due to his influence that Adam and Eve attained knowledge.

First if you want to identify what is counterfeit you make a detailed study of what the original is in all its detail, Not what is counterfeit. This is the mistake Zietgiest/Maxwell and many others make.

Satan did much to muddy the waters to confuse who the true messiah is whose coming was foretold in Genesis and had many years to do so. If you do not start with the correct version then all you will be is confused. Error upon error upon error. You keep moving further from the truth.

Without doubt Catholic missionaries adopted pagan ritual even though scripture told them not to do so. It was misguided and resulted in modern Christianity becoming more satanic than they could ever imagine.

Adam and Eves sin was one of disobedience, Satans was a sin of iniquity, pride and desire to exault himself above YHVH.

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - aux - 09-05-2007

Christianity is merely the acceptance of the fulfillment of the Mazzaroth/Zodiac story of the coming Messiah to redeem fallen man to God's standard, as well as the fulfillment of the Old Testament and Mosaic Laws, thus the fulfillment of Jewish and Gentile religions. The Mazzaroth is supposed to have been established during the time of Enoch at the very latest (who "walked with God" and lived on earth 365 years before he was "translated" and taken by God as scripture says), according to some secular sources, which I happen to subscribe to in part because scripture also lends credit to this idea in certain passages and because it answers the most questions, which any good theory should do, scientific or otherwise.

Genesis chapter 1 says that God made the stars for SIGNS, time telling, and seasons. It's also written that "the heavens declare the glory of God"..which is man's salvation through his Son. It's also written that God calls the stars by their names. God refers to constellations in the book of Job, a book written in the time of the patriarchs, before Moses was around, and Job said he knew he would see God after death in the flesh, referring to the resurrection, which sounds like something out of the NT, yet this was before the OT.

All the ancient cult religions of saviours were man's attempt to fulfill it themselves or rather twist it for their own sakes (will to power by priestly and ruling classes)..the myth of Horus being one of the most popular comparisons. Every nation would have had this ancient knowledge because before the confusion of tongues there was one language and the 'Gospel in the Stars' was widely known the world over as Noah and his sons would have kept the knowledge alive post world flood, and Noah was still living in Abraham's day. Even in the NT, some of the apostles were being mistaken as gods like Mercury by the pagans because of thier powers given by the Holy Spirit. Amazing how the confusion is still going strong to this very day where people still can't distinguish myths from truths.

Zoroastor was a student of Daniel during his time as leader of the wisemen, magicians and astrologers in Babylon and Media-Persia. The wisemen from the east (likely aided by knowledge passed down generations after Daniel died) would have known the sign of the coming One when the Star of Bethlehem guided them; they were gentiles, the first to acknowledge and pay dues to Christ as the foretold Messiah, Prophet, King and Priest.

It goes on and on. Movies like Zeitgeist are simply playing to everyone's ignorance, which is quite prolific around here. I doubt this info will impress the anti-christs here, religious and atheists alike. Deny your only hope all you wish, you'll only have yourselves to blame not God.

Peace in Christ

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - horseonwheels - 09-05-2007

Quote:All the ancient cult religions of saviours were man's attempt to fulfill it themselves or rather twist it for their own sakes

that has to be the lamest thing i have seen for a while. So youre saying that the devil countifitted the story of Jesus thousands of time before the arrival of the real Jesus?! I know this approach taken by appologists which taints your whole post, simply because its utterly ignorant and it is lying to coverup another lie.

Quote:I doubt this info will impress the anti-christs here, religious and atheists alike. Deny your only hope all you wish, you'll only have yourselves to blame not God.

Peace in Christ

You are right it doesnt, because it is wrong, and bad speculation and philosophy, thats why.
Dont worry i dont blame God for that hodepodge of illiterate oral traiditions and hallucinations called the bible, i blame a powermongering roman emporer and 2 councils of MEN.

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - aux - 09-06-2007

Quote:that has to be the lamest thing i have seen for a while. So youre saying that the devil countifitted the story of Jesus thousands of time before the arrival of the real Jesus?! I know this approach taken by appologists which taints your whole post, simply because its utterly ignorant and it is lying to coverup another lie.

Are you denying the gospel message is reflected in the star systems? Even the movie Zeitgeist maintains this and how cults took it and made use of it for themselves (for whatever reasons) only they claim that Christianity is just a continuation of that and conveniently omits the fact that the bible speaks of the creation of star systems and fulfills the message found therein because they know your type will not study the bible rigorously but still hold on to your unfounded, ingnorant opinions. The truth isn't for you I'm afraid, you're little more than a hardcore Fox News fan.

Quote:You are right it doesnt, because it is wrong, and bad speculation and philosophy, thats why.
Dont worry i dont blame God for that hodepodge of illiterate oral traiditions and hallucinations called the bible, i blame a powermongering roman emporer and 2 councils of MEN.

So now you decide what is right and wrong, and damned be the evidence? Ok, Nazi. Talk about lame you have no rebuttal just your emotions and you been reading too much Dan Brown. Aye, Constantine commissioned the whole thing from scratch while Christians were going to their deaths holding to the faith. Are really that thick or just pretending? I already explained WHY and HOW before the advent of Christ's birth on earth was foreshadowed in the ancient cult religions, and that the Zodiac/Mazzaroth (original gospel record) came before all of them, even according to biblical scripture. What part are you having problems comprehending? Movies like Zeitgeist got most of the facts right, however they fail to explain that the story in the stars is indicated in scriptures. I wonder why.

Zeitgeist is a lie wrapped around the truth. Look I know you can't deal with a power larger than life and able to make you feel like a maggot, but that power has done everything to communicate to us that we might have the faith, find redemption, and have fellowship; you are without excuse because your precious little mystery is solved by scripture AND secular accounts, but you don't want to admit it. Your post isn't even a valid criticism of the premise I laid out, just more hot air backed by a nice helping of historical illiteracy. It really doesn't come down to evidence cus there is more than enough out there, you just love sin and hate your Creator cus you're weak. However, those who love scripture and the truth will hopefully be spurred to do more studying if they've been stumbling on these matters as of late, it is for them that I bothered to post in this swamp of folly.

Peace in Christ

Much if not all of Christianity is stolen from predating religions - horseonwheels - 09-07-2007

Quote:Are you denying the gospel message is reflected in the star systems? Even the movie Zeitgeist maintains this and how cults took it and made use of it for themselves (for whatever reasons) only they claim that Christianity is just a continuation of that and conveniently omits the fact that the bible speaks of the creation of star systems and fulfills the message found therein because they know your type will not study the bible rigorously but still hold on to your unfounded, ingnorant opinions. The truth isn't for you I'm afraid, you're little more than a hardcore Fox News fan.

I am in no way disagreeing that christianity is a continuation of astrotheology, fertility and hero worship. And im well versed in both the Bible and the Quran. Enough even, to know that they are both made up entirely.
And no im no faux "news" fan, but if you belive the Bible, when dont YOU take FAUX'es words for it as you apparently are willing to belive just about anything.

Quote:So now you decide what is right and wrong, and damned be the evidence?

No i decided right from wrong BECAUSE OF, the evidence. That is how you tell something right from something wrong, but you belive that a thousand of years old hodgepodge scripture is true from cover to cover, so i reckon you wouldnt know this simple but well proven method.

Quote:Ok, Nazi. Talk about lame you have no rebuttal just your emotions and you been reading too much Dan Brown. Aye, Constantine commissioned the whole thing from scratch while Christians were going to their deaths holding to the faith.

just like many muslims are to theirs with explosives packed on them. Why? bcause it is the same mental illness, from the same area involving the same made up characters.

The other facts you posted are wrong too. I have never read a Dan Brown book, and i never bought into holy blood holy grail. And you are confusing knowlege with emotion, what you just did is an emotional automated response. YOu dont rebut anything i said, but calls me a nazi and ill informed. Why? do you know me or why i came to the conclusions that i did?

Quote:Are really that thick or just pretending? I already explained WHY and HOW before the advent of Christ's birth on earth was foreshadowed in the ancient cult religions, and that the Zodiac/Mazzaroth (original gospel record) came before all of them, even according to biblical scripture.

So as i said. Satan counterfitted the whole christ spectacle upfront....riiiiight?! And the reason you find these clues in the Bible is because it is made up of from these earlyer stories entirely. Only, they left out, or distorted the parts that didnt fit the new religious idea.

Quote:What part are you having problems comprehending? Movies like Zeitgeist got most of the facts right, however they fail to explain that the story in the stars is indicated in scriptures. I wonder why.

because this, as anything else you express is a matter of interpretation, and nothing interpretated is objectively true. I too can see the astor theology blatantly present, but that is just a tell tale sign if christianitys pagan origins. The rest is just your personal pet interpretation.

Quote:Zeitgeist is a lie wrapped around the truth. Look I know you can't deal with a power larger than life and able to make you feel like a maggot, but that power has done everything to communicate to us that we might have the faith, find redemption, and have fellowship; you are without excuse because your precious little mystery is solved by scripture AND secular accounts, but you don't want to admit it.

i wonder why you keep going on about zeitgeist, i didnt find it a very good movie, and i am highly reserved about the works of socalled scholar acharya s which most of it is based upon. And the rest of the emotional response of youres, i cannot figure out if you want a reply to or not, in the case that you want one, on what excactly?!

Quote:Your post isn't even a valid criticism of the premise I laid out, just more hot air backed by a nice helping of historical illiteracy. It really doesn't come down to evidence cus there is more than enough out there

what evidence might that be, please guide me to some. I have in the years i have studied this not seen a single piece of objective evidence in favour of the christ fable, but a mountain of evidence against it. So dont be emotional about this, you stated in the start of your reply that you didnt like this, show me the data.

Quote:you just love sin and hate your Creator cus you're weak.

you seem to know me, from where? I love sin? what sin? hate my creator, how do you know this?

Quote:However, those who love scripture and the truth will hopefully be spurred to do more studying if they've been stumbling on these matters as of late, it is for them that I bothered to post in this swamp of folly.

Peace in Christ

What scripture might that be? here is just a few of the God scriptures avaible

Ásatrú
The Poetic Edda, including especially the Hávamál
The Younger Edda

[edit]
Ayyavazhi
The Akilattirattu Ammanai
The Arul Nool

[edit]
Bahá'í Faith
The Kitáb-i-Aqdas
Kitáb-i-Íqán
and many other writings including ones from other faiths

[edit]
Bön
Bon Kangyur and Tengyur

Ancient style of scripture used for the Pali Canon

[edit]
Buddhism
In Theravada Buddhism
The Tipitaka or Pali canon
In Mahayana
The Chinese Buddhist Tripitaka
In Pure Land
Infinite Life Sutra
Amitabha Sutra
Contemplation Sutra
other Pure Land Sutras
In Tiantai, Tendai, and Nichiren
Lotus Sutra
In Tibetan
Tibetan Kangyur and Tengyur
In Shingon
Mahavairocana Sutra
Vajrasekhara Sutra
In Jonangpa
writings of Dolpopa
three baskets

[edit]
Christianity
The Bible
In some forms of Christianity:
The Apocrypha
The Kolbrin Bible
In the Latter Day Saint denominations (see also Standard Works):
The Book of Mormon
The Pearl of Great Price
The Doctrine and Covenants
In Cerdonianism and Marcionism
Gospel of Marcion
the Apostolicon
In Paulicianism
Gospel of Luke
Pauline epistles

[edit]
Confucianism
The Five Classics

[edit]
Discordianism
The Principia Discordia

[edit]
Etruscan religion
Pyrgi Tablets
Tabula Cortonensis
Liber Linteus
Cippus Perusinus

[edit]
Hinduism

The Bhagvad Gita is Lord Krishna's counsel to Arjuna on the battlefield of the Kurukshetra.
Śruti
Vedas
Rig Veda
Sama Veda
Yajur Veda
Atharva Veda
Brahmanas
Aranyakas
Upanishads
Smriti
Itihāsas
Mahābhārata
Bhagavad Gītā
Ramayana
Puranas (List)
Tantras
Sutras (List)
Stotras
Ashtavakra Gita
Gherand Samhita
Gita Govinda
Hatha Yoga Pradipika
In Purva Mimamsa
Mimamsa Sutras of Jaimini
In Vedanta (Uttar Mimamsa)
Brahma Sutras of Bādarāyaņa
In Yoga
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
In Samkhya
Samkhya Sutras of Kapila
In Nyaya
Niyaya Sutras of Gautama
In Vaisheshika
Vaisheshika Sutras of Kanada
In Vaishnavism
Vaikhanasa Samhitas
Pancaratra Samhitas
In Saktism
Sakta Tantras
In Kashmir Saivism
64 Bhairavagamas
28 Saiva Agamas
Shiva Sutras
In Pasupata Saivism
Pasupata Sutras and Panchartha-bhashya (both works of Kaundinya)
In Saiva Siddhanta
28 Saiva Agamas
Tirumurai (canon of 12 works)
Meykandar Shastras (canon of 14 works)
In Gaudiya Vaishnavism
Brahma Samhita
Jayadeva's Gita-govinda
Krishna-karnamrita
Caitanya-bhagavata
Caitanya-caritamrita
Prema-bhakti-candrika
Hari-bhakti-vilasa
In Kabir Panth
poems of Kabir
In Dadu Panth
poems of Dadu

[edit]
Lingayatism
Basava Purana
Vachanas
Mantra Gopya
Shoonya Sampadane
Chennabasavanna's Karana Hasuge
28 Saiva Agamas

[edit]
Hermeticism
Hermetica, Emerald tablet and associated writings

[edit]
Islam
Qur'an (Islamic Scripture, Al-Kitab, 'the Book')
Hadith (sayings and actions of Muhammad)
Nahj al Balagha In Shi'a Islam

[edit]
Jainism
In Shvetambara
11 Angas
Secondary
12 Upangas, 4 Mula-sutras, 6 Cheda-sutras, 2 Culika-sutras, 10 Prakirnakas
In Digambara
Karmaprabhrita, also called Shatkhandagama
Kashayaprabhrita

[edit]
Judaism
The Tanakh (Hebrew Bible)
Torah
Nevi'im
Ketuvim
The Talmud
Mishnah
Gemara

[edit]
Mandaeanism
The Ginza Rba
Book of the Zodiac
Qulasta, Canonical Prayerbook
Book of John the Baptizer
Diwan Abatur, Purgatories
1012 Questions
Coronation of Shislam Rba
Baptism of Hibil Ziwa

[edit]
Manichaeism
The Arzhang

[edit]
Neopaganism
Indigenous and Aboriginal mythologies

[edit]
New Age religions

Various New Age religions may regard any of the following texts as inspired:
A Course in Miracles
Conversations with God
Oahspe
The Bible
The Gnostic Gospels
The Urantia Book

[edit]
Orphism (religion)
The Orphic Poems

[edit]
Rastafari movement
The Bible
the Holy Piby
the Kebra Negast
The speeches and writings of Haile Selassie I
Royal Parchment Scroll of Black Supremacy

[edit]
Samaritanism
The Samaritan Pentateuch

[edit]
Satanism
The Satanic Bible

[edit]
Scientology
Dianetics (Scientology source)
List of Scientology texts

[edit]
Sikhism
The Guru Granth Sahib
The Dasam Granth Sahib

[edit]
Shinto
The Kojiki
The Nihon Shoki or Nihongi

[edit]
Spiritism
The Spirits Book
The Book of Mediums
The Gospel According to Spiritism
Heaven and Hell
The Genesis According to Spiritism

[edit]
SubGenius
The Book of the SubGenius

[edit]
Swedenborgianism
The Bible
The writings of Emanuel Swedenborg
Some also consider a number of posthumously published manuscripts of Swedenborg to also be sacred.

[edit]
Taoism
Daozang
The Tao-te-ching
The Chuang Tzu

[edit]
Thelema
The Holy Books of Thelema especially Liber Al vel Legis

[edit]
Unification Church
Divine Principle
Wolli Hesul (Explanation of the Divine Principle)
Wolli Kangron (Exposition of the Divine Principle)

[edit]
Zoroastrianism
Primary religious texts, that is, the Avesta collection:
The Yasna, the primary liturgical collection, includes the Gathas.
The Visparad, a collection of supplements to the Yasna.
The Yashts, hymns in honor of the divinities.
The Vendidad, describes the various forms of evil spirits and ways to confound them.
shorter texts and prayers, the five Nyaishes ("worship, praise"), the Sirozeh and the Afringans (blessings).
There are some 60 secondary religious texts, none of which are considered scripture. The most important of these are:
The Dēnkard (middle Persian, 'Acts of Religion'),
The Bundahishn, (middle Persian, 'Primordial Creation')
The Mainog-i-Khirad (middle Persian, 'Spirit of Wisdom')
The Arda Viraf Namak (middle Persian, 'The Book of Arda Viraf')
The Sad-dar (modern Persian, 'Hundred Doors', or 'Hundred Chapters')
The Rivayats (modern Persian, traditional treatises).
For general use by the laity:
The Zend (lit. commentaries), various commentaries on and translations of the Avesta.
The Khordeh Avesta, a collection of everyday prayers from the Avesta.

So which one is it that im supposed to study to become as saved as you obviously are?