Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tao Economics
03-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Tao Economics
Hi, I've been in active in concen for a while now. The old board I had a different handle, I don't frequent as much but when I do I'm usually in the money section. I find economics completely and utterly fascinating. I have been reading on the subject for about five years now, and I'm currently going to school for it.

In any-case I wanted to invite all of you to a new website that I created called www.taoeconomics.com

My goal of the site is to provide an ultimate economics finance portal with all the info I could want on one site. I'm off to a good start. I plan on adding live updates to commodities next. On the left hand side you'll notice many articles from the dailyreckoning and other agora financial sites that update automatically. If you are unfamiliar with them they follow the Austrian economics outlook. I avoided the housing bubble and purchased precious metals early on thanks to them.

Users can submit their own news as well, on the side nav bar. There is also a message board.

In the near future I also plan on making my own stock indexes to track. For example I want to create a "evil" index, to track the worst of the worst corporations from various industries. Other index ideas are some green indexes and a open source index.

I want it to encompass other ideas, such as alternative life styles, tips on saving money, to huge macro ideas.

If you have any questions or suggestions please post them here! Thank you. I hope you find the site useful.

-StingingNettle
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Tao Economics
I just wanted to share a certain bit of Taoism people may find interesting since you named your site Tao Economics. You may already know this, hence the name, but maybe other people don't. Anyway, here it is.

Most religions and ideologies espousing spirituality frown on the idea of personal wealth in that they expressly warn against seeking out too much of it.

Taoism on the other hand, is about recognizing natural laws of the universe and taking the path of least resistance. This includes the laws of economics. A Taoist recognizes the law of monetary reward for labour and commerce and works with his best talents to be productive and attract wealth. It is then, of course, his moral obligation to be generous with it. This contrasts to the concept of avoiding it at all costs. In this way, the Taoist puts himself in the situation to perhaps actually improve all sorts of peoples' situation whereas the papal pauper is powerless.

Just an interesting note. Good luck with your business ventures!

&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
03-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Tao Economics
That was a cool post. Thanks. Yes, I want the site to be more than profit. I want it to help better communtites and people. To find a natural stable way of living.

Their are many similarites to libertarinism and Taoism in this manner. Like get government out of the way and let the ups and downs naturally occur.
03-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Tao Economics
The central banks create money out of thin air. The economic system is a fraud. The free market scenario is a fraud. The whole system from the inside to the outside is corrupt. Hey, go right ahead and use your new and improved economic religious cult blinders.

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi

Each of us is put here in this time and this place to personally decide the future of humankind.
Did you think you were put here for something less?
Chief Arvol Looking Horse
03-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Tao Economics
Being intimately aware of the central banking and fiat currency system operating in the world, it becomes a matter of choice. Either I can earn money to pay for my lodgings and food or I can get kicked out of my apartment and starve to death. Especially since I got married, that option seems less and less appealing.

Look, the world is a shitty place but it's not that expensive to live essentially where you want and have food to eat. I have a diversified income. I have my job (as a mechanic), an internet business and a side operation for random money (doing minor body work and audio installations for friends and friends of friends.) My wife also wants to open a yoga studio where I would also like to do some instruction.

Taoism taught me that even while the authoritative structure in my personal situation makes earning wealth difficult, such is the way of my world and I must operate within it's guidelines. When this system falls and a more fair one replaces it, my time, skill and effort will be only more rewarded.

The central banking money system is a scam to centralize wealth, that much is true, but they can never completely destroy the real intrinsic value of necessary labor.

Fundamentally I disagree with your conclusion that because the system is corrupt I should cease attempting to earn money and so does Taoism. While I agree incorporation destroyed the free market scenario, and I agree that the money system is inherently corrupt using debt as money and money as debt, that doesn't mean that earning money is impossible. Clearly some people are doing it. There is just a need to avoid the pitfalls created by TPTB while earning an income substantial enough to stay above inflation. And of course this is all done with the objective of earning enough money to create a self-sufficient, sustainable, solar/wind-powered hydroponic greenhouse to grow my own food and otherwise get off the grid in the event that a serious economic shortage should occur.

Sorry to clog up your thread StingingNettle, but it's a little weird when people call me religious, clearly he missed something! I love your site; I think it is great what you are trying to do. We need more action and less condemnation. Sure the world is shit but that doesn't mean we have to stop living in it!

Peace.

&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
03-22-2008, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2008 01:42 AM by StingingNettle.)
Tao Economics
Quote:The central banks create money out of thin air. The economic system is a fraud. The free market scenario is a fraud. The whole system from the inside to the outside is corrupt. Hey, go right ahead and use your new and improved economic religious cult blinders.

That's what the site is about, pay attention. And You might want to look up cult, again just as a refresher.
03-22-2008, 01:44 AM
Tao Economics
You are not cluttering it up at all. You and I are on the same page in all this.

Oh and check this out. Mises realased a pdf on this very topic called "The Tao Way of Economic Thinking"

You can download it here: http://www.mises.org/journals/scholar/Meng4.pdf
04-02-2008, 07:32 AM
Tao Economics
Quote:I just wanted to share a certain bit of Taoism people may find interesting since you named your site Tao Economics. You may already know this, hence the name, but maybe other people don't. Anyway, here it is.

Most religions and ideologies espousing spirituality frown on the idea of personal wealth in that they expressly warn against seeking out too much of it.

Taoism on the other hand, is about recognizing natural laws of the universe and taking the path of least resistance. This includes the laws of economics. A Taoist recognizes the law of monetary reward for labour and commerce and works with his best talents to be productive and attract wealth. It is then, of course, his moral obligation to be generous with it. This contrasts to the concept of avoiding it at all costs. In this way, the Taoist puts himself in the situation to perhaps actually improve all sorts of peoples' situation whereas the papal pauper is powerless.

Just an interesting note. Good luck with your business ventures!

I'm totally down with that mindset hehhheh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Information and Economics: A Critique of Hayek macfadden 7 805 11-23-2012 07:06 PM
Last Post: macfadden
  "Drop Dead Economics": The Financial Crisis in Greece and the European Union yeti 3 786 06-17-2011 02:37 PM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  True Economics Solve et Coagula 0 274 01-16-2011 11:10 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  "Cornered: The New Monopoly Capitalism And The Economics Of Destruction" h3rm35 0 379 03-05-2010 11:34 PM
Last Post: h3rm35
  [Economics] 2009 - Lawrence G. McDonald - A Colossal Failure of Common Sense yepssss 0 330 02-09-2010 09:31 PM
Last Post: yepssss
  ECONOMICS IS NOT NATURAL SCIENCE [8.11.09] --- 2 419 08-17-2009 07:01 PM
Last Post: Reboot
  World Economics: The Most Simple of Calculations hilly7 0 322 03-03-2009 06:23 AM
Last Post: hilly7
  True Economics Solve et Coagula 0 247 01-22-2009 05:48 PM
Last Post: Solve et Coagula
  Mises & Austrian Economics: A Personal View by Ron Paul MC David 0 238 08-02-2007 03:09 PM
Last Post: MC David