"More Than Taboo" banned?
09-30-2011, 02:05 PM
"More Than Taboo" banned?
Why has "More Than Taboo" been banned??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2011, 02:13 PM
RE: "More Than Taboo" banned?
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6712008/...boo_(2011)

just in case anyone is interested...

09-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Description was too brief it seems, there was probably a warning sent to the uploader.

Quote:What if the Holocaust is as full of as many lies as modern war propaganda?

I can't see any other reason for a ban, so someone can up it with a proper description.

Stream:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7vXKZciSok
http://vimeo.com/23066661

This is the Description floating about the internets.

Quote:by Ryan Dawson
This is mainly the long disclaimer to the film but it is important background info that also explains how it effects policies today and is relevant to today's militarism. I am not able to upload the whole film, but I want to strike an interest and I will host the whole thing on my own site by next week for as long as I can. This is not the same film that is on vimeo this has more information. The very beginning is nearly the same aside from some added graphics but the part 2 has three whole new segments. Donations are very welcome and tomorrow a downloadable link will be posted on http://www.rys2sense.com/anti-neocons you may donate there as well.

"Because of the myth of the "good war" millions have been pointlessly murdered by needless interventionism. Without the Holocaust narrative WWII is nothing but another colonial resource war. That is why no one can talk about the holocaust. it is illegal in Europe and Canada and career suicide in America."

Official Thread by the author on their forum with an even more detailed description.

http://www.rys2sense.com/anti-neocons/vi...han+Taboo+

There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2011, 03:06 PM
It was me.

One question was the description. Tongue

PM'ed the uploader to add one and let me know. Annoying, probably. The same rule for all, including me, definitely.

Sorry if peeps thought it was a conspiracy Wink

"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy
"To love is to be vulnerable" -- C.S Lewis

The Kingdom of God is within you! -- Luke 17:20-21

https://duckduckgo.com/
09-30-2011, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2011 04:31 PM by Loke.)
"One question"? Did you have more than one reason, more than the "lack of proper description", Dunamis?

You sure didn't wait for the uploader to answer your PM and "add one [description] and let you know", did you?

You banned it while it still were the very latest torrent uploaded on Concen (top of the list).

This is the only site, that I know off, that deletes or even "bans" torrents with identifiable material for "lack of proper description".

It took me (and FastTadpole I reckon) merely seconds to find the description on the internet.

Had I only the privilege to edit a torrent(description), then I'd just do that - instead of banning something ppl in fact are downloading (I've seeded it to 1:28 already, and are still seeding it to the ones that did get the torrent before it was banned). And were I an administrator, then I'd wait for the uploader to answer my PM - at least.
09-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Quote:This is the only site, that I know off, that deletes or even "bans" torrents with identifiable material for "lack of proper description".

It seems a bit of a premature ban for my liking but I'd prefer to keep a moderate standard in descriptions. One liners get banned.

Don't blame you for being suspicious this film had an issue getting up to YouTube, be it by technical glitch or outright censorship.

Then again maybe it's a clever PR stunt but he's still having issues upping the entire movie in one load even though the other vid (linked above) has the whole film.

There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2011, 07:18 PM
The Full Vimeo upload is an older version. You Tube won't allow Dawson to upload the full new version which has lots of stuff added.

I linked a stream of whatever was uploaded of the new one plus the older Vimeo over here:

http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=42819

That's a great video because the guy who does the analysis (what's his name?) STOPS the video, runs it back and VERY SLOWLY and in SUPER CALM yet MOCKING fashion (mocking absolute absurdity taken as fact is the proper way to hande it without letting it get in the way of the explanation) explains each and every one of the lies and deceptions. It's the perfect balance of education and entertainment.
09-30-2011, 07:44 PM
(09-30-2011 04:26 PM)Loke Wrote:  "One question"? Did you have more than one reason, more than the "lack of proper description", Dunamis?
No.

(09-30-2011 04:26 PM)Loke Wrote:  You sure didn't wait for the uploader to answer your PM and "add one [description] and let you know", did you?
One question, or two? And no, I PM'ed AFTER the ban, as always, no matter the torrent (unless it's one of the rare podcasts etc that do not come provided with one, though a few ace users do add their own even then).

(09-30-2011 04:26 PM)Loke Wrote:  You banned it while it still were the very latest torrent uploaded on Concen (top of the list).
Wrong, there were two posted, I know this, because one was mine and the reason I'd come on. Only after then did I check through the torrent, banning two. The other was "Maafa 21 black genocide" and that user edited the torrent and provided an adequate description, thus, the torrent got reinstated.
Quote:
  • Always include a description. Torrents without adequate descriptions will be banned until adequate.
Source: http://concen.org/tracker/rules.php

(09-30-2011 04:26 PM)Loke Wrote:  This is the only site, that I know off, that deletes or even "bans" torrents with identifiable material for "lack of proper description".
I think you should check out MVgroups, and a wealth of other membership sites, and you will find that they do indeed have the very same rule. In fact, you wouldn't automatically get "Uploader" status on most of those sites.

I am thankful for the rule, and that's been the case since the very beginning. It shouldn't be a users job, or moderators, to go off trawling for torrent descriptions.

(09-30-2011 04:26 PM)Loke Wrote:  It took me (and FastTadpole I reckon) merely seconds to find the description on the internet.
So, can you not upload it here then? With a description, a external link was provided.

FT did suggest this.

(09-30-2011 04:26 PM)Loke Wrote:  Had I only the privilege to edit a torrent(description), then I'd just do that - instead of banning something ppl in fact are downloading (I've seeded it to 1:28 already, and are still seeding it to the ones that did get the torrent before it was banned). And were I an administrator, then I'd wait for the uploader to answer my PM - at least.
Well, it's worked for this long, and it keeps this site as you stated, quite different from many other sites.

Strange though, I've never once received a complaint that one of my torrents has been over described, maybe other people appreciate a description rule as well as myself.

To have my honesty questioned when I had no need to post, well... it doesn't really help, especially with unfounded insinuations that there were other reasons for the ban.

"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy

10-01-2011, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2011 03:22 AM by Loke.)
"Have your honesty questioned"... lol - Who have questioned your honesty, Dunamis??

There's really no need to overreact, exaggerate - or to be so total defensive about this.

"I've never once received a complaint that one of my torrents has been over described"

Who have complained? And who have said anything about (you) over-describing torrents??

I merely asked why it was banned/deleted, and then offered my opinion on the subject.

"unfounded insinuations"

How can you say "unfounded insinuations", when you yourself said "One question was the description" as I've quoted you?
10-01-2011, 05:44 AM
(10-01-2011 03:16 AM)Loke Wrote:  There's really no need to overreact, exaggerate - or to be so total defensive about this.
You mean like insinuating, after the reasons have been given, that there is more to it? That's over-reacting and exaggerating right there. So I apologise for following suit and also ensuring I explained thoroughly.

(10-01-2011 03:16 AM)Loke Wrote:  Who have complained? And who have said anything about (you) over-describing torrents??
I didn't say anyone had, that was the point. It was sarcasm.

(10-01-2011 03:16 AM)Loke Wrote:  I merely asked why it was banned/deleted, and then offered my opinion on the subject.
Exactly, the subject of why I banned it, and even after an answer you tried to imply there was more to it. You are free to have an opinion on my motivations, as I am free to refute them as I have done.

(10-01-2011 03:16 AM)Loke Wrote:  How can you say "unfounded insinuations", when you yourself said "One question was the description" as I've quoted you?
Because your insinuation was that there was more than one reason for the ban.

When I said "One question was the description", I meant all that was there for a description was a single line, one sentence, in the form of a question, making it an inadequate description. This is not a logical foundation for your insinuation.

10-01-2011, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2011 09:59 AM by Loke.)
I'm sorry I misunderstood the "one question" phrase, and obviously read it like "one reason". I didn't "imply" anything after you answered, though.

The video is controversial and I was fairly pissed that it was banned... What's your excuse?
10-01-2011, 01:39 PM
(10-01-2011 09:03 AM)Loke Wrote:  The video is controversial and I was fairly pissed that it was banned...
Fair enough.

(10-01-2011 09:03 AM)Loke Wrote:  What's your excuse?
Excuse for what? You questioning me after the answer had been provided? What are you, the torrent cop?

Man, I've never had issues with you before, but this thread is totally absurd.

10-01-2011, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2011 03:06 PM by Armilus.)
(09-30-2011 07:18 PM)Negentropic Wrote:  The Full Vimeo upload is an older version. You Tube won't allow Dawson to upload the full new version which has lots of stuff added.
[...]

The one on ThePirateBay with duration 1:57:10 was also ripped from Vimeo, it says: Vimeo Encoder, Encoded date: UTC 2011-09-29 09:35:22. It is Sep 2011 release.

Vimeo link people paste around (id 23066661) is an old version with duration 1:35:25, but also this new rip obviously comes from Vimeo. He should upload something proper, for example 700MB (or 1/6 DVD) version on file sharing sites, so quality is preserved.

Here is another, 1:44:48, uploaded on 2011-10-01, ~12 hours ago.
More Than Taboo 2011 (Oct)
http://vimeo.com/29866086

"Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong." -- Herr Wolf
10-01-2011, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2011 04:12 PM by Loke.)
Dunamis Wrote:Excuse for what? You questioning me after the answer had been provided?

Your excuse for you being paranoid, sarcastic/hostile and still clinging to the wrong assessment; that I was "questioning" you, or your honesty and "insinuating" you had more reasons than you provided.

Loke Wrote:How can you say "unfounded insinuations", when you yourself said "One question was the description" as I've quoted you?
Loke Wrote:I'm sorry I misunderstood the "one question" phrase, and obviously read it like "one reason". I didn't "imply" anything after you answered, though.

Also, qua the banned torrent list, I thought that banned meant; cannot be uploaded again. Delete would have been the proper verb for your action, not banned.

Loke Wrote:This is the only site, that I know off, that deletes or even "bans" torrents with identifiable material for "lack of proper description".

Dunamis Wrote:PM'ed the uploader to add one and let me know.

Why was the uploader to let you know, if he just could upload a "banned" torrent again, but with a "proper" description (>one line description)?

Dunamis Wrote:What are you, the torrent cop?

Ridiculous, especially coming from the one who not only deleted, but in fact banned an easily identifiable torrent for having a one-line description only!

Dunamis Wrote:Man, I've never had issues with you before, but this thread is totally absurd.

I totally agree!!
10-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Im just after watching this and its worth watching

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hi everyone. i was banned for "absolutely shit ratio" jammerster81 6 1,211 07-25-2012 02:04 AM
Last Post: pax681
  WTF! I got banned for spamming? h3rm35 5 1,368 01-17-2011 05:56 PM
Last Post: rsol
  Should we create a "Waking People Up" forum? yeti 6 1,450 04-28-2008 11:05 PM
Last Post: yeti
  Banned Material CSIWEMBLEY 1 699 11-04-2006 11:31 PM
Last Post: Guest