Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
ConCen money bum!
06-26-2011, 02:06 AM
ConCen money bum!
http://concen.org/forum/donate.php

April, you are so much more diplomatic than I am. You are part of the balance that ConCen needs.

[Image: yin_yang.png]

You heard it here first: I'm a bum, and I need money!!

OK, all jokes aside, the fact is that the donations for the last 2 months have fallen short of the monthly costs. However, the months prior were above the monthly costs. There was more than enough to carry us through this low period.

What happened? I lost my workstation. It died a horrible death. I withdrew over $400 from the donation account in an ultimately fruitless attempt to fix it. I'm sorry people, but I 'm broke. I couldn't afford to fix it with my own funds.

It's still broken. And I call myself a hardware tech. So did the jaggoffs that claimed they could fix it.

Commence flaming. I deserve it. I screwed up. I have $400 of shiny new parts that won't make my workstation work. I bankrupted ConCen.

The other mods are totally blameless. They work tirelessly behind the scenes while I fuck up.

You members have no idea how popular we have become of late by the spammer hordes. For the last few months, we've all been spending hours banning them and their posts. I'm guessing the reason is this:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/concen.org#

Notice the 3 month trend? We're growing, but we haven't even implemented this yet:
  • wiki <-- in beta. Send a PM to if you want a login
  • chat
  • quotation database
  • political cartoon/art/image gallery
  • political music lyric database
  • SSL and anonymity for the whole site
That's what I want to do for ConCen, and that's what is possible because of the painful integration of the forum and tracker logins that I have forced on all of you... with no obvious payoff so far. I appreciate your patience in this matter. Sounds like vaporware, doesn't it?

Why did I do that? Because in order to make it work, all these software components have to share a single login. What use is a site with all these features if you have to register and log in for each one? No use. So just when I got a consolidated system together, BOOM! Death of my workstation.

Donate please. Help ConCen get to the next level. Help me get my workstaion back so I can finish the job I started...

Every other "conspiracy" site has sold out. They're riddled with advertising. This site will never have adverts. We'll close down first. Please appreciate that...

Take a look at the above list of potential features. Can we do it all without ads? I say yes, and I have the skills to make it happen. Let's not only get out of this hole I created - let's take this place to a whole new level.

So how about this money bum? Are you in?

Comments welcome...

[Image: randquote.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2011, 02:34 AM
RE: ConCen money bum!
The Concen Money Bum, I like it Wink

And I think most users appreciate that efforts you put in on the back end of the site and server man! You've done loads over the past year, and that's been with the few "troll attacks" we have had Wink

It's cool that the place has become more relaxed and less tense of late. More new users are commenting, and ultimately it's making for a better environment for learning, dissent and actual communication of ideas, thoughts and theories.

So peeps, if you are able, please do help, but only if you are able of course! And every little bit helps.

"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." -- 1 John 2:6
"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly... This is the interrelated structure of reality." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." -- Proverbs 18:13
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." -- Leo Tolstoy
"To love is to be vulnerable" -- C.S Lewis

The Kingdom of God is within you! -- Luke 17:20-21

https://duckduckgo.com/
Find all posts by this user
06-26-2011, 06:36 AM
sent 20 through paypal...could take a week to clear though...hope it helps some...i would miss the site...
06-26-2011, 06:55 AM
I wish I had money for you at this time, I have donated in the past. Alas, my girlfriend "rescued" as purebred husky, then promptly gave it to me. Then she broke up with me, by blocking me on facebook. But not before I spent all my money getting the poor dog back in shape. Ultimately I had to give the dog away, because it was staying at her house, my apt. no pets allowed. I feel sorry for the beautiful husky, we were its 4th family. I also sympathize with my concen bretheren. And bretherettes.
06-26-2011, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2011 09:57 AM by buddha01.)
$25 via paypal from me on thursday, I appericate this site ALOT, I am a member of rense, dreamland (striber) but not coast to coast, appericate the unusal content here that enables me to learn about this world past present and what maybe to come.

Edit: Dont forget you can put all of those bits on to ebay to get your money back? or return to retailer?
06-26-2011, 10:12 AM
(06-26-2011 02:06 AM)yeti Wrote:  You members have no idea how popular we have become of late by the spammer hordes. For the last few months, we've all been spending hours banning them and their posts.

It's had me feeling more like a janitor lately then an administrator. LOL

But thanks Tom. I hope your hamsters wheels are immediately refurbished... otherwise we as a site may be in trouble... and we can't have that!

I'm really looking forward to the quotation and lyric database, and the new art gallery. Excited to get the ball rollin.

Thanks also to those of you who have been able to come to ConCen's financial rescue. We could have crashed and burned many times... but you've never let us down. Thanks for moving mountains and helping keep this place afloat. Icon_cool

The Anthem
06-26-2011, 10:51 AM
do we meanwhile have a snail mail adresss to send money to? Any experiences if paper money in a letter reaches?
06-26-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm gonna see what I can do. Maybe my dad can loan me some dough or something.
06-26-2011, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2011 12:37 PM by Lucid7x.)
Im not being critical of you needing funding but my one question is how does it cost $150 to run a month? Just asking due to there has to be cheaper alternatives out there regarding hosting.
06-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi there Yeti,

It says on the main page: "Don't want to use PayPal? You can also send money directly via email to donate@concen.org"

I've got a stupid question for you Yeti: How can I send money directly via email without paypal?

I really DO hate paypal - I think they belong to the CIA.

If you want some money from me Yeti then I've got to know how I can transfer it anonymously.

I mean a conspiracy site without the option of clandestine money transfer seems like a contradiction to me.

Remember, you can't be paranoid enough in this time and age.

Greetings from a paranoid money-owner.
06-26-2011, 02:25 PM
(06-26-2011 12:36 PM)Lucid7x Wrote:  Im not being critical of you needing funding but my one question is how does it cost $150 to run a month? Just asking due to there has to be cheaper alternatives out there regarding hosting.

This site used to be on a hosting company's virtual server, but got far too big for it to handle. Even before it moved, the bandwidth charges were getting ridiculous. A significant portion of that bandwidth was hack attempts and denial of service attacks. There are a lot of people out there that don't like the fact that this place exists.

It is now on its very own server which I own. I rent rack space from a colocation facility in Toronto. This setup requires much more work on the backend, but it's worth it, don't you think? I get to see first hand all the DOS attacks and hack attempts. As I type this, 2 bots are trying to get into the server via SSH brute force. At least twice a week packet floods occur. The server keeps on keeping on though, fingers crossed...

You may not be aware that most hosting companies no longer allow bittorrent on their servers anyway.

06-26-2011, 02:38 PM
(06-26-2011 01:03 PM)ryba777 Wrote:  How can I send money directly via email without paypal?

Excellent question. Most banks offer a service where you can send to any valid email address. This of course is not anonymous.

(06-26-2011 01:03 PM)ryba777 Wrote:  If you want some money from me Yeti then I've got to know how I can transfer it anonymously.

I added my home address to the donation page. I'm OK with that since my ass is on the line anyway due to the fact that you cannot own a domain anymore anonymously. If you give them a bogus address, they can use that as an excuse to seize your domain!

06-26-2011, 02:44 PM
(06-26-2011 10:51 AM)Krise Wrote:  do we meanwhile have a snail mail adresss to send money to? Any experiences if paper money in a letter reaches?

Up until this point I've not published my mailing address. I can't afford a PO box, so the only way to get cash to me via mail is to my home. You'll find my address here:

http://concen.org/tracker/address.txt

Yes, I'm fully exposed and thus vulnerable to arrest or lawsuits, but hey, it's all for a good cause, right?

06-26-2011, 02:48 PM
(06-26-2011 12:36 PM)Lucid7x Wrote:  Im not being critical of you needing funding but my one question is how does it cost $150 to run a month? Just asking due to there has to be cheaper alternatives out there regarding hosting.

You are correct there are a lot cheaper alternatives.
06-26-2011, 02:49 PM
(06-26-2011 10:12 AM)April Wrote:  I hope your hamsters wheels are immediately refurbished... otherwise we as a site may be in trouble... and we can't have that!

Thanks to a few generous souls we've managed to get the server fees covered for July. I've given up on the idea that the members can help me get my workstation repaired though...

Times are really tough these days. The banksters have got us all up against the wall now while they rifle through our pockets. They steal billions while the rest of us starve...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Why is CONCEN so Dead ? CharliePrime 3 56 Yesterday 10:30 PM
Last Post: aura
  HTTPS On Concen.org??? NetEffect 2 641 10-15-2013 11:30 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Racism @ ConCen flamesong 14 1,075 11-01-2012 02:23 PM
Last Post: Swordfish
  concen will no longer talk to my win2k browser :-( 1martian 3 473 10-02-2012 05:44 AM
Last Post: 1martian
  ConCen Wiki a monumental yawn! yeti 18 2,841 05-28-2012 02:12 PM
Last Post: icosaface
  To save money, why not make Concen a Magnet link-only site like The Pirate Bay? Halcyon 1 438 01-14-2012 08:14 AM
Last Post: thokling
  ConCen is in a financial crisis - again? Loke 24 2,495 01-12-2012 02:47 AM
Last Post: yeti
  BitCoin: Do you use it? Would you if ConCen did? yeti 4 695 07-30-2011 05:46 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  I suggest we re-name "money masters" h3rm35 12 1,641 07-13-2010 11:58 AM
Last Post: scaramanga667
Lightbulb Thoughts and observations about ConCen WatchMind 5 1,187 03-18-2010 06:06 AM
Last Post: ---