Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AV1611-cultists always use the 1769 version
07-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Information AV1611-cultists always use the 1769 version
NOTE:

This Jew-inspired heretical movement only started in the 1970s. THAT IS RIGHT, IT BEGAN IN THE 1970S!!! AV1611-cultists always use the 1769 version, plus it is actually the WORST ENGLISH TRANSLATION and the MOST POLITICIZED VERSION!

http://www.a-voice.org/qa/av1611.htm

AV1611-onlyist Hypocrisy?

READER COMMENTS:
In my 1611 King James version... Pfalmes 68;4..reads ..Sing vnto God, sing praises to his Name: extoll him that rideth vpon the heauens, by his Name Iah, and reioyce before him. Thought I'd share that with you. Sometimes its very difficult to understand the old English spelling?

VW ANSWER:
Hmmm... this is very interesting, indeed! Thanks for sharing this. I've never actually ever held a "1611" KJV in my hands before, nor read from one. I've only ever known the "1769" version. But when I read this, I decided to check out and verify a 'hunch' at the website of one of the staunchest "AV1611-only" proponents that I know about, to make sure I was remembering correctly. His URL even contains "av1611" in its address. As I was thus browsing I was reminded of the person's doctrine, that he believes the AV1611 to be the "only" Word of God (in English). And when one reads what he says about translations (we've spoken about it all in the past, and his blatant lies about the NKJV when denouncing it, not going to re-address all that again now), it is proclaimed that anything but the AV1611 is, essentially, of the devil.

Well, guess what: As I puttered around briefly at the website, it was confirmed what I had remembered... the reason for which I went to 'verify' just now in the first place. When he quotes from "Scripture" in his writings, he does not quote from Ye Olde English like this "Pfalmes" quote which introduces this Q/A item (above). He appears to quote from the 1769! And what I verified at this one URL which I remember, is what I remember about -any- AV1611 website I've ever encountered. Furthermore, any AV1611-ist who ever e-mails me, and quotes Scripture, does not quote with ye olde english; they always quote from what would appear to be, by comparison to the AV1611 (above), the 1769. (It's quite possible that some AV1611-ists actually use and quote from the AV1611. But none of those who have communicated with me, have ever done so.)

So... I ask: WHAT KIND OF HYPOCRISY IS THAT? To proclaim that the AV1611 is the "only" Word of God, and then... NOT EVEN USE IT!! To essentially call anybody that would use something else a 'heretic', and not use it, themselves? I guess, in effect, by their own standards, they just called themselves heretics, eh.

This is what I keep saying over the years about these KJV-onlyists. They are pharisees of the most perverse sort. Like Jesus said of them, "For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers." (Mt23:4) In other words, for this application: Everybody else must read from the archaic ye olde english of 1611... but not us.

[Editor: Same as the catholic hypocrisy of "celebacy"... which is rocking the world in scandal right now, because they are not being celebate. It's nothing new today, that hasn't been going on for centuries. But in today's climate the 'victims' are better empowered to come out of their closets to expose them. (And, as Chuck Colson observed on his 'Break Point' program the other day, it is also more than a problem of -mere- "celebacy", but is also about sodomy. Note that most of the recently-vocal victims seeking reparations are "male".) They -proclaim- a certain standard of "holiness" for their "holy-fathers"; this "holiness" of theirs being a "doctrine of demons" in which they "forbid to marry" (1Tm4:1,3), their "commandments of men" (Mt15:9); which doctrines, being even their own...not God's...they do not observe!!]

How did Jesus label them? "You are of the devil as your father...he is a liar and the father of it." (Jn8:44) "Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge. [many of these folk, like this AV1611 website in question, also proclaim a 'salvation' void of 'repentance'] You did not enter in yourselves, and you hindered those who were entering." (Lk11:52)

And so, what was the verdict upon them? "..you will die in your sins.." (Jn8:24) Where do liars go? "..and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone.." (Rev21:8)

Sorry to bring this topic up again... so strongly. But there are still some who make a periodic point of condemning honest efforts to compile an 'honest' English translation... one that is "faithful" to God's Word. And so, when this kind of 'evidence' is dropped in one's lap... we cannot -not- observe it! As long as they are still on this mailing list and haven't unsubscribed, we keep hoping they will take off their blinders, and understand God's Word to Ephesus, "Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works; and if not, I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place; unless you repent." (Rev2:5) [What a pity: that they don't believe in repentance!]

To you who taunt me periodically for working on the VW-Editon (you know who you are), because I'm not using the AV1611... are -YOU- 'actually' using it, yourselves? Or are you a hypocrite and liar, along with the rest of them? [Editor: I also sometimes wonder about their hypocrisy in even subscribing and remaining on a mailing list like this, if they truly believe what they do about AV1611...because I never quote from the KJV, unless a word-study comparison is being made..] And, whatever you are using (whether 1611, 1769, Websters, Rev-Websters-95, NewScofield, etc variations of the KJV)... do you -OBEY- it? You don't answer to me. But know for a certainty that you -will- answer to God! Amen!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The New King James Version Is It The Word Of God? wokensheep 83 8,093 02-13-2007 04:52 AM
Last Post: SerialExpLain