Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Death After Denying the Afterlife : The NDEs of Atheists
07-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Information Death After Denying the Afterlife : The NDEs of Atheists
Death After Denying the Afterlife
The NDEs of Atheists

Many religious people make the mistake of assuming that atheism is a one-way ticket to hell. The fact is that God cares very little about a person's religion or non-religion as revealed by some of the NDE accounts profiled on this website. The only thing that really matters is the spiritual condition of the heart. My experience has been that when an atheist tells me they don't believe in God, they really mean they don't believe in the Christian God or any God from any religion. From the NDE perspective, I can agree with this. Many atheists reject a spirit world for one reason or another and they generally do so because they have a strict scientific perspective of reality. Many scientific atheists devote their entire life studying the laws of nature and, to them, this may be their form of divine devotion whether they know it or not. In fact, because of this, I submit to you that a large percentage of such scientists are closer to spirituality than many religionists.

The near-death experiences below are already profiled on this website elsewhere. The purpose of this web page is to group those atheists profiled on this website who had a near-death experience. This web page provides links to their near-death experience accounts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2010, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2010 12:11 PM by h3rm35.)
RE: Death After Denying the Afterlife : The NDEs of Atheists
I personally wouldn't have considered Jung an atheist. In the strictest sense of the word, non-theist, I guess it could be considered to be accurate, but I consider an atheist to be one who denies spiritual nature in general. Personally, my spiritual beliefs are akin to Jung's, and I haven't considered myself either agnostic or atheist.

Interesting stuff though, I'll have a look at some others soon.

[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Funeral of man whose death sparked UK riot Djones 2 427 09-09-2011 09:28 PM
Last Post: Dunamis
  'Virtual sit-in' "a hacker once said...is like being pecked to death by a duckling." h3rm35 1 518 04-14-2010 09:46 AM
Last Post: ldrancer
  Atheists challenge Ireland's new blasphemy law with online postings h3rm35 0 525 01-10-2010 07:18 AM
Last Post: h3rm35