Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Word to FastTadPole
06-30-2010, 02:03 AM
Wink Word to FastTadPole
I was just over in Breaking the Chains answering a post to H3rm35 and you popped into my head. (Not much room in there and you took up all the available space). Icon_cool

Anyway, we are having a side discussion about people who are NOT aware of how bills come into being before they are signed into law. I had just been made aware of the fact that bills are most often times years in the making. They just don't come into being in a week or a month. I had never given that any thought.

I had mentioned that there are not any really good pieces of information on that subject out there to educate people. But here is the thought that came to mind.

I had said in the thread that if someone was to go out on the street and ask people if they knew how a bill is made they would most likely not know. Then it hit me. Ask FastTadPole to take out his video camera and do a man on the street video about what the American doesn't know about House and Senate BILLS - their origin, who writes them and how long it takes. Then post it to the forum for approval and possibly put it on the net.

You are just the guy to do this. You have two boys who would learn a great deal from it no doubt. Radical idea but I know you love challenges that are different. You would make a name for yourself no doubt.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2010, 03:28 AM
RE: Word to FastTadPole
Great idea.

There are holes in this plan though.

#1: I have no video camera
#2: The US is far. The nearest city, Great Falls, MT, is 500 miles away.

Here in Canada we use something similar to the British System

* House of Commons 1st Reading
* House of Commons 2nd Reading
* House of Commons 3rd Reading
* Senate Reading(s)
* Royal Assent (Queen or Governor General)

We learn that in grade 4 or 5 this side of the border. I think I went over Private Member Bills in another thread not too long ago.

There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2010, 04:05 AM
LOL tad re we learn that in gr 4-5 yep.... reminds me of the ol mercer pieces, better know an american!!!! funny shit would be awesome fun, i got the equipment but am also like 200 miles from the boarder as well as lacking in a passport to cross right now, i'm sure the idea could be picked up by someone here who is in america, but then they will be pretty disgusted in there fellows and and not want to post it prob, as it might damage the america #1 myth lol

Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
06-30-2010, 04:56 AM
Here's a crib sheet on how Canadian law is passed --
http://dsp-psd.pwgsc.gc.ca/Reference/queens-e.html
website courtesy of the tax dollars my fellow Canadians and I have 'donated' in order to remain outside of the penitentiary

Rick Mercer is a government shill, controlled opposition, a Canadian version of Jon Stewart. I do have to admit, he is entertaining at times. This clip is designed to make Canadians feel smarter, give us a national unified identity and boost morale in order to increase worker productivity.

There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2010, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2010 05:17 PM by NickHedge.)
There is a work around for this however, (aside from no video). If you knew where the visiting Americans hung out while in your part of Canada you could always interview those. That would probably make more of an impact anyway. The "Hey these people don't even know about their own system" type thing.

I, for some strange reason never thought about you not being in the US. Of course being 500 miles away isn't very convenient. But then back to the video issue again - if you knew where the Americans hung out up there that would most likely suffice. And if you knew a family member or friend that had a video recorder and would trust you to borrow it.....

Oh well......it sounded really good anyway.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  It's FastTadpole's Born Day... April 7 217 12-16-2013 06:36 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Happy Birthday FastTadpole Easy Skanking 5 536 12-16-2012 06:27 PM
Last Post: TriWooOx
Star Happy Birthday FastTadpole !! April 12 1,723 12-15-2011 11:29 PM
Last Post: yeti
  Happy Birthday FastTadpole TriWooOx 14 1,682 12-15-2010 05:50 PM
Last Post: Dunamis
  The F Word" In A PEGI 3+ Rated Wii Game (Pop'n Rhythm) drummer 1 532 11-25-2010 07:50 PM
Last Post: rsol
  word on the street lol B4Time 5 924 10-22-2008 12:16 PM
Last Post: B4Time
  New Word Order is the Old World Order (ZIONIST) Weyland 4 505 10-08-2007 08:21 AM
Last Post: Guest
  The Word is Nigger. Guest 42 2,851 09-27-2007 12:52 PM
Last Post: Blackthor
  Haha.....Wrestling w/The Word SerialExpLain 1 270 09-20-2007 12:36 PM
Last Post: hardboiled11
  Word On The Street - New Forum Tonight On Cc Ognir 15 1,299 03-10-2007 12:14 PM
Last Post: Ognir