Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm Just A Little Curious About Some Things
04-15-2010, 08:44 PM
RE: I'm Just A Little Curious About Some Things
Nick, the nerve you hit is the one where the majority of what you say contradicts your own words in your last post -
Quote:I can't stop the intake of Kool-aid completely because to a certain degree it is being forced on me.

Everyone here sees things in a different way... most people who are here have ideas that are unpopular to the vast majority of the American populace, and that's because the American populace has the Kool-Aid forced on them. I see your point, but I don't agree with it - you can't blame them for doing what even the most enlightened to the bastard's agenda are forced to do, in the same way that you are.

I'm frustrated by the many of the same things you are: the most annoying of which is the fact that people won't wake the hell up, but I can't expect them to because it's so rare in mainstream society to have a metaphorical alarm clock sound... Where would an average person get the impetus to check out all the conspiracies and frauds being perpetrated? You'd have to have lost and tried to rebuild in order to do so, and people are conditioned to fear that very occurrence - that's why they have their credit-cards, bank accounts in predatory outlets of deception, and chose to believe their used-car salesman bankers when they're sold an ARM. They fear losing what they have and being forced to rebuild from the ground up like you have had to do. I'm sure you don't relish the though of doing that all over again, do you?

So it boils down to this: It's frustrating that most won't demand their rights and take back their individual sovereignty; but then again, we can't blame them because the system has also forced us into a position where we're unable to do it ourselves without drastic self-harm befitting only the worst of masochists. Our personal security is important to us the same way it's important to them, so we all wander around with metaphorical Kool-Aid smiles as we rant about how we're being fucked over. And we are being fucked over simply because our personal security is interwoven with a predatory system that feeds on us giving up our rights. Those who run the system are to blame for perpetuating it, not the people who are simply trying to exist in a relatively normal way. "We The people" include the people who perpetuate the system, but they think of us as sub-human resources to be abused for their profit. They seek power and raging excess, where as most simply don't want our roofs to come crashing down on our heads.

[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Unwilling and/or unwitting participants - but it is because we wanted to let someone else handle things. It is because we didn't say NO. Had the people just said NO and MEANT IT and kept saying it until the powers that be had no choice but to deal with it - things would be much different. But it has gone down the road to the point that the only way to recover it is to start all over. But those that would be left behind to restart would after a couple of generations revert back to the same damn thing.

You are right, it is a predatory system but the system is so vast, interwoven and convoluted that no individual or group of individuals can do anything about it.

If the people rose up against the King of England (if they really did) and came here to America to live a freer life then why are they not rising up now to do the same thing? The obvious answer is that they can't. I still haven't heard a relevant argument about why the people aren't at fault.

If the people did what they did to sever their ties to the King of England, why have they given away all their rights and priviledges to live like slaves? It isn't anyone elses fault if the people lose their freedom, it has not been forceably taken away. Nobody came along and forced freedom away. People give up their rights every single day in one form or fashion. I don't see how it can't be seen that way. Laws are being passed all the time. No one is stopping them, instead they are being encouraged to pass more. Take the guns away, stop people from saying certain words, don't let people do this or do that, you can't go here or there. These are the things that the citizens are demanding. Demands are being met everyday. The people are the ones who are responsible for losing their freedoms. They beg the government to do it. I can't believe that people can't see it, unless the people have a problem in recognizing just how bad they have really screwed up.

We are living in a society where EVERYONE is offended. Everything that is said and done will almost always offend someone in ear or eye shot of what you do. We live in a society where the people want everyone else to shut up and be quiet and leave them alone but they themselves want the freedom to say and do whatever they want. I see that everyday. "You can't tell me but I WILL tell you" syndrome. I'm positive that anyone here that works a regular job sees this go on all the time in one form or fashion to some degree.

I will say this much about my personal experiences. The first time that I lost everything I was scared shitless because I had never been there before. BUT once I went through it the first time I had less problem the next. To the point that if I was forced to start over again from scratch I would shrug my shoulders and deal with it. When you get to the point that most everything in your life is meaningless and replaceable then your attitude becomes much more realistic about what is important. Make no mistake, I am talking about THINGS here, not people. But I have suffered loss of relatives too. I know death as most do. I would have to say right now, where I am spiritually and intelligently and realistically that if the building that I am in were to be completely destroyed and I lost everything that I have and only escaped with the clothes on my back and my life - I would consider it a good day.

What I have come to believe over time is that the less that I have the easier it is for me to get by day to day. The less junk I have around my neck the less hampered I am to do for myself.

For those people with families, they would be best served if those members understood how to take care of themselves in times of hardship. This doesn't mean stockpiling. Certainly it is nice to have but if you have to live by your wits and on the run you won't be taking it with you anyway. The bad guys get it. I have always seen stockpiling as providing little caches of goodies for the bad guys when they raid your place. Have everything you NEED on your person and be able to move when needed. It's that simple with me. I take very little for granted and assume trouble around every corner.

Always remember and never forget: No plan, no matter how well laid survives first contact. (Those that understand this will know where it came from and know what it means).

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken

04-16-2010, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2010 01:20 AM by Deathaniel.)
Wonderful and refrshing from this site!!!!

and his (Nick- harry one) level of enlightenment is not easy come by...

but he is right and we don't need to be consumers from day to death! We choose to walk the slave path with our compeate with the jones mentality, but it's truly nice to see another voice here who realizes it's what you know not what you have that makes one superior...

and YES it does i can say that and not feel guilty....
Dodgy
cause I know I am!!!

survivle of the fitest is truly just that! Not just a theory!!!

Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
04-16-2010, 04:05 AM
No plan, no matter how well laid survives first contact ....
flexicution can make all the difference in the ultimate outcome. Best to have a situational playbook so you aren't scrambling. Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

Your best asset is not only you but those that you surround yourself with. Their skills, knowledge, companionship, trust and loyalty. I must also add that a positive outlook is vital, never ever give in to despair, attitude is an often overlooked and underestimated intangible.

Quote:People give up their rights every single day in one form or fashion.
Every time we punch into work we are under the rule of the company. We comply to servitude in exchange for bribes. Our thoughts are shaped by media and group-think. We are not even free to explore our own consciousness through plants.

Perception is reality and a great many people are drawn into the system and fed the reality presented unaware the pot is boiling and they are the proverbial frog. Many are locked into situations where there is little choice or at least they perceive no alternative. Choice is getting harder to come by but those residing in the US, Canada, UK .. are still relatively free. This is offset by a greater realization of the schemes that enslave us, many of the 'sheep' are evolving to the point where they are aware that something needs to be done. Unfortunately many are being railroaded into dead end causes or driven to the point of hopelessness because of a fear based campaign that overwhelms many. People are getting restless and impatient leading to the creation of networks that minimize the system that promotes the superficial illusion that supports the agendas of the billionaires. Don't be so quick to judge.

Wilful ignorance is quite another scenario. Once I realized the depth and urgency of the situation I felt a duty to do all I can for my children and future generations. Anyone who is aware has the responsibility to be the shepherd for those who are still asleep. Intelligent and creative persistence is key. Our fates are intertwined with the masses that haven't taken the leap. We need them whether we care to admit it or not. Their ignorance is our failure.

There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-16-2010, 04:33 AM
(04-16-2010 04:05 AM)FastTadpole Wrote:  Your best asset is not only you but those that you surround yourself with. Their skills, knowledge, companionship, trust and loyalty. I must also add that a positive outlook is vital, never ever give in to despair, attitude is an often overlooked and underestimated intangible.

Agreed!

FastTadpole Wrote:  Wilful ignorance is quite another scenario. Once I realized the depth and urgency of the situation I felt a duty to do all I can for my children and future generations. Anyone who is aware has the responsibility to be the shepherd for those who are still asleep. Intelligent and creative persistence is key. Our fates are intertwined with the masses that haven't taken the leap. We need them whether we care to admit it or not. Their ignorance is our failure.

4 sure but so few will be of use... a whole generation which can't grow foods, or fix things, totally dependent on tech of the idiot persuasion...

Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
04-19-2010, 06:05 AM
I agree fasttadpole and h3rm35
" metaphorical alarm clock sound" heehee Big Grin sweet

(04-15-2010 06:17 PM)NickHedge Wrote:  Mea Culpa to all the above.
I work for a living and travel for my job. I meet thousands of people every year. Most of them are like what I described. I work with people who don't want to do anything but what is the absolute minimal amount and they want maximum amount of pay for it. They complain endlessly about how things are but at the end of the day what do they do? They buy more stuff, watch more reality TV, eat more junk food and cry about the system and DO NOTHING to change it or improve it. They live their lives by what they have. They want to be judged by what they own and where they live. Their lives are based on what they have, NOT who they are as people. I see it constantly. I can speak from experience.

maybe you should get a new job, if these are the only ppl that you seem to meet, bc I can meet quite a variety right here in the hood.
not everyone is all about gluttony and greed, certainly you have some examples of others that are positive. How sad to think that the whole country of humans suck, I feel quite certain that if you tried you could see some good in others.

I know first hand how crappy ppl can be but won't share any of those stories now bc we all have some, so here are a couple of my good experiences like -

the time my friend and i brook down.We were in out early 20's looked like long hair no good punks, the alternator went out so we crashed in it till daylight after a fishing trip, we were awoken by man with coffee and homemade muffins - no joke.
He asked us the dilemma & said that his family was on there way to church but he would leave his house open so we could go in shower and use the phone. Then he opened his garage, helped push the truck into his driveway, and hooked us up to his battery charger so we could drive to a mechanic - honestly I was stunned, we could of robbed him blind.

Then there was the time when this couple invited me in there home and fed me, just saw me on the street and said come on over. - What they didn't know was that I was really hungry, hadn't eaten for two days. These folks shared their dinner with me, hamburger helper, it tasted as good as my favorite meal at the time, tho I really don't like the stuff. They were poor and probably could of eaten it all themselves, but no they decided to share with the person that was just sitting over yonder on the corner. I had no where to go, needed a shower, literally no money and was getting pretty down, it turned out to be a great evening.
I could keep going but why - point is there are lots of decent ppl here.

Quote:No one's making you react to this thread, you do so of your own accord.

that's right you didn't make me react, I reacted/constructively criticized bc I wanted to & had some free time, - I think you need to hear a message that is not getting trough to you, jmo

Quote:When I see reactions like this to this thread I know that I have hit a nerve and that is not my intention. My intention is to point out what WE ARE ALL guilty of. This country has had a bad reputation for many years and it will not get any better or worse with what I am posting. I can only speak for the country that I live in.

It's not the thread, it's that I am sick & tired of all the mass labeling of all groups of ppl, or labeling the masses for things that the government does.
These fat, lazy, greedy, stupid american comments are getting to me, often they seem to come from europeans.
Have they been here ? if so where ? how did they get here, why ?
I don't have the resources to go there, so I assume that many are wealthy maybe privileged and or spoiled, my point in saying such is - they are highly unlikely meeting americans such as myself, and there are millions of others like me, that do not fall into the negative stereotype.

It's even more annoying to me how many americans seem to hate the others in the same country that they live, it bugs me > I know full well just how many sorry clowns are here, but it isn't all of us.
Many travelers from others countries never meet ppl like me bc they are here as tourists. Ppl whom haven't been here get there impressions from what the see & hear from print and screens, and let me tell you, all of us millions of decent but rather boring americans, - we don't get any airtime.

Who wants to hear stories of ppl that live within their means, and are not committing heinous or interesting crimes. I can see the headlines now of the most boring stories ever. -
"Mrs. Smith spends the day canning tomatoes from her garden, gives some to neighbors."
"Ms.Williams reads children a story after bicycle trip to library then mends a pair of jeans.
"
"Mr. Green saves hundreds by replacing his own roof with the help of his teenager son."
"OK Corrales helps neighbor fix car, while their wives play with the kids."
"The Dennisons have 4 grown children that are aren't addicted to drugs, never caught a std and didn't procreate until their mid to late 20's." - story at 11.

All groups and nations have more & less desirable ppl and many in-between. Plus it's a matter of perspective -
- a person might think Q is an unproductive citizen bc they do not have a job, but Q might be making a contribution that the person is unaware of, could be even Q doesn't even know the part that they are playing in the big picture - or maybe Q is well respected in some circles but not the ones that the person is connected to - perhaps the person doesn't even understand that Q is playing a role that is just as important or more so than themselves, bc they don't understand the big picture as much as they think they do.

you aren't the only one doing this labeling, it happens in many threads, and I felt like bringing it up, if hadn't been with you it would of been with one of the others.

I understand your point of "everyone" philosophically, but for "everyone" to change despite of the manipulation is a bit of a pipe dream
and no I don't think it is or was as easy as "we let them" yes, to a point but HUGELY over simplified.

when you label whole nations/groups in a negative light you feed the same problems that you address and don't reach anyone, + still have a problem yourself , don't you see this ?

Quote:But you misunderstand the point of my post. The point that I am making is NOT that everyone else is responsible, but that WE are ALL responsible, not just the politicians (for their lies/deceptions/chicanery), but WE the people for our failure to stand up and put a stop to it, to take back OUR control. But more so, WE the people are responsible because WE allowed it to progress to a point that WE lost OUR control. And we lost that control because as "the people" we got lazy, we "let someone else do it". We didn't want to take care of it ourselves, we abdicated our responsibility. WE failed to maintain vigilance and somewhere along the line lost our backbones and sold ourselves into slavery. Because basically what are we? Slaves. The economy is in shambles because our control was usurped and WE did nothing to stop it.

if we are to go with the "everyone" in the manner of which you speak then you are placing yourself on the outside of & better than them, regardless of your claim to have been there.
If you would of truly learned from "being there" then you would have more understanding and less negative labeling, even tho you know that there are some sorry clowns out there.

I get frustrated with them too sometimes, bc I am frugal and get tired of hearing complains over lack of cash when I know that they've bought all kinds of shit they didn't need, but so what, others don't complain at all. > Few ppl destroy themselves knowingly (even tho they should of known better) or with blatant disregard to responsibility.
don't you think that most ppl at least think that they will be able to be responsible but then find that they were wrong ?
- blasting them won't help.

Quote:Now that I see things differently this automatically makes me unpopular. Because those who are still taking their "recommended daily allowance" of Kool-aid don't want to know.

you are not unpopular bc you think that you know "truth" or for your opinions but bc of the hypocritical way that you express them as tho you are perfect and all the rest of us are beneath you.

no worries tho just because you picked an avatar that I think suits your personality doesn't mean that you are really a caveman, NOR do I think that you are, - just playing with you
I'm quite sure that you are just as flawed or flawless as all the rest of us.

Deathanyl Wrote:and his (Nick- harry one) level of enlightenment is not easy come by...

hey look, see your not unpopular
peace

&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
04-19-2010, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2010 03:37 PM by naivelyme.)
Interesting site.... but mostly just commentary....
04-19-2010, 03:40 PM
LOL
and well spoken jack...

i think the difference between us and them is the base attitude of self sufficiency, and resourcefulness that has been dumb down in the "general population"

It's the two hands theory:

One hand the public hand controls media, and sets up moot issues and spirals them out of control, or at least to a big issue. i laughed my ass off when i saw in the Ottawa Sun for sat april 18th a huge story bout the "rapelay game" i only first learned about here... but now people r goin crazy locally... and not that it's a game of rape, but thats it's an attack on Japanese culture, and that lefty tripe!!!! or the other "rights issues" people go on wild rants bout.... yet same people know they live in controlled fake gov?!

But the other hand is the real dangerous one, the one that in america has built many a facility (now empty) to house 10,000's, or the massive money one figures into the war machine, but really it's funneled into extension black programs (bunkers, resource stockpling, hidden tech's), this hand the real power hand the one which in time of disaster will leave90% of us to "fend for our own!"

guys like nick and me care not for the distraction hand, but are well aware of what is and of the other hand totally unseen by the"sheep"

so r we better.....?

guess we'll let Darwin decide and see who survives if the lights go out!

natural selection is not dead it's hibernating, and when it wakes up only those aware will have a chance of not being culled

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
04-19-2010, 08:39 PM
(04-19-2010 03:34 PM)naivelyme Wrote:  Interesting site.... but mostly just commentary....

pot and kettle... Undecided

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Al Gore's and his New Partners Are Going to Change Things springhawk 1 485 05-06-2011 04:45 PM
Last Post: yeti
  The curious incident of the straight-A student --- 0 241 07-06-2009 10:47 PM
Last Post: ---
  All Things Work Together For Good Solve et Coagula 1 403 05-15-2009 12:24 PM
  Are the Greek riots a taste of things to come? --- 1 565 12-14-2008 12:08 AM
  MSM: Mervyns & Linens ‘n Things plan liquidation SAkEr 0 312 10-18-2008 08:23 PM
Last Post: SAkEr
  Would Things Be Worse In America If The Republicans Won The Last Election? MC David 3 363 06-01-2007 03:59 PM
Last Post: LeveL
  59 Things That Would Have Stayed Secret MrBS 1 549 03-13-2007 04:58 AM
Last Post: Moriani