Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm Just A Little Curious About Some Things
04-14-2010, 10:01 PM
RE: I'm Just A Little Curious About Some Things
agreed you can only be stolen from if you let them... as i'm sure i can be traced, i'll not elaborate, but trust me i don't let them steal too much from, me just enough to keep them looking elsewhere, and as for the elected body... it is fixed, i knew of a fledgling party in the 90's that could not even field 1 candidate as the laws only support existing parties not new ones (canada) so....

and the media is whore to the two parties they have built and keep in power...

come now yetti re the free ride, what part if canada do you like in... I'm in ottawa where every 20 block area (sub-subburb_ has a city living project (ghetto_ in it, so the wealthy have to live amongst them, and in theses areas most crime comes from against property and person, but do cops patrol in there or have foot beats... no there busy bothering tax payers for going 50 in a 40 zone.... why cause I can (well sort a) afford to pay a ticket and there harassment actually means some thing to me... those in the hood don't get the same harassment, and when they do it's a VERY short stint in the local bucket, where they get some time away from shit and see old friends mostly... and it cost them nothing!!!

so free rides come in many forms, but like nick said some of us do work, now in canada more of us work then in the USA, but we need to as shelter is very important in a cold climate!

if people prided themselves on self sufficiency again and were inclined to learn new skills we'd be a billion times better off... but most r content, even thoses who whine bout stuff do nothing in there day to day to stop any injustices they see, even if it's not directly against the man.

i had a friend out in alberta, who used to remove road side radar devices, would spray expanding foam in all the circuits, and ruin the device... now if the cops want to ticket and be asses in his isolated area of the north, they have to get off there asses and do it, now don't get me wrong, i like automation if it means more cops are on the streets and keeping us safe.... but therenot there grouped up in parking lots joking bout shit and drinking coffee.... go anywhere in alberta where the "Plague" is in Full bloom and you can't not find a crack head!!!!! So if they won't eliminate the problem the only answer is to do it yourself!!!!!

Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2010, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2010 10:56 PM by ---.)
(04-14-2010 09:27 PM)NickHedge Wrote:  Duh, yeah I know about voter fraud, but can we please move past the obvious? We all know the game is rigged. But you still are forced to look at the people.

Do the people have a voice in their own "elections" (or selections, if you will)? No, they don't. But they BELIEVE they do. They tell themselves they do. Most politicians begin life as lawyers. They already know how to manipulate words and situations. They know what the people want to hear and they know the law and how to manipulate it.

Ever see the episode of "Family Guy" where Lois runs against Mayor West to clean up the city? She started out trying to be honest with the people but they didn't want to hear honesty. Then she realized if she used "buzz words" like "9-11" they went wild with enthusiasm. It's too close to reality.

That is how it is in real life, with one exception. Most politicians don't start out honestly. They already know the game. The new game becomes what lies will get them where they want to be. All they have to do is say the magic words (whatever they may be). Barry used the line "Change you can believe in". People wanted anyone but Bush so they bought the line. They wanted something different. They got it. He didn't tell them how different or in what way it would be different. NO ONE ASKED HIM. The people are to blame for this. For being so desperate, so gullible, so blind, so deaf, so stupid.

If someone cons you out of your money, who's fault is it? The con mans? Or yours?

The right answer is that it is your fault. The con man didn't force you to give up your money. You willing gave it to him. It's your fault. The same game applies to politicians. Both games are rigged, that's a fact. But you will only give up your money if you WANT to believe what you are being told. You will only support a politician if you want to believe what you are being told. Same difference.

Rig the voting all you want. But no matter who you choose you will lose. It's a no win situation. BUT THAT DOES NOT ABSOLVE THE PEOPLE. Here's why.

Bush beat everyone over the head with "Patriotism" after 9-11. If people were true PATRIOTS they would have never let things get this far gone to begin with because they would have been protecting what they say they hold so dear to them. The people have become so complacent and lazy and negligent that ANYONE who tells them something that tickles their ears would be the new flavor of the moment. That is all it takes. Had the people been watching from the very beginning they would not be here now. But they slacked, they took the easy way, they CHOSE to believe the lies. No one made them. They chose. Now they have a mess that is bigger than they are and there is nothing they can do about it. Because even now they are scrambling to try and save toys, houses, things, jobs, etc. They are scared shitless of losing all that they have accumulated. They still don't get it. I listen to these people and their excuses, their heads are still in the wrong place. They won't get it until much, much later, if they ever do at all. They haven't even gotten really angry yet. They are still waiting for the stock market to move or for jobs to being again, or for better times just around the corner OR FOR THE RIGHT PERSON TO SAVE THEM. They haven't lost enough yet. Haven't been hit hard enough yet. Haven't suffered enough yet.

They still believe after all this that there is someone out there who will help them. They will not take matters into their own hands - they don't know how. They have forgotten what it is to be independent.

If you tell me that you can't see this, I don't know what else to say. I have tried to make it as simple as I can, it cannot be that hard to see.

Most of my fellow underclassies realise the bad shape of the state, is my experience anyway..that It is the projection of the "middleclass revolt" idea, you are talking about?

Have you Listened to George Friedman's "The Next Hundred Years" audiobook or read it?
Well worth being familiar with imo.
He posits America is NOT in economic danger, China is a paper tiger, the scope and methodology of geopolitical forecasting and his figures are worth checking out.
I am not a fan of Friedman nor accept his ideas as sacrosanct in any way but this is something we all should listen to here on this site as a required reading piece. jmo
04-14-2010, 11:12 PM
nik

No, not really the middle class revolt. That revolt is nothing more than a faux revolt anyway. I don't associate with any of the classes. I'm just someone standing on the sidelines watching the madness.

My attitude is that God offered himself to take care of man, but man insisted on a king and a king they got. Along with a description of what would happen with a king. Man has continued looking to man for his salvation (in whatever materialistic terms people define salvation). So for me looking to a mortal to take care of my needs is equivalent to slapping God in the face and telling him he isn't capable of helping me. So I don't buy into the political facade.

However, that is not to say I won't watch the sport with fascination and amazement.

No, to be honest I am not familiar with Friedman and I don't believe I have any of his material in my collection. But since you are recommending him I will look into it. I have always considered you to be quite well read and intelligent, so if you are recommending something to be read for its information I would look for it.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken

04-14-2010, 11:31 PM
http://concen.org/tracker/torrents-details.php?id=15648

http://concen.org/tracker/torrents-details.php?id=15395
04-15-2010, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2010 01:33 AM by NickHedge.)
Quick info on George Freidman:

George Friedman is an American political scientist and author. He is the founder, chief intelligence officer, financial overseer, and CEO of the private intelligence corporation STRATFOR. He has authored several books, including The Next 100 Years, America's Secret War, The Intelligence Edge, and The Future of War.

George Friedman is chief executive of STRATFOR, a private global intelligence firm he founded in 1996. Prior to joining the private sector, Friedman spent almost twenty years in academia, teaching political science at Dickinson College. During this time, he also regularly briefed senior commanders in the armed services as well as the Office of Net Assessments, SHAPE Technical Center, the U.S. Army War College, National Defense University and the RAND Corporation, on security and national defense matters.

Friedman’s childhood was shaped directly by international conflict. He was born in Hungary to Holocaust survivors. His family fled Hungary when he was a child to escape the communist regime, settling first in a camp for displaced persons in Austria and then immigrating to the United States. Friedman, who attended public schools in New York City, describes his family’s story as “a very classic story of refugees making a new life in America." Friedman was an early designer of computerized war games. The Center was the only non-governmental organization that was at that time granted access to Joint Theater Level Simulation by the Joint Warfighting Center.

Friedman pursued political philosophy with his early work focusing on Marxism, as well as international conflict, including examination of the U.S.-Soviet relationship from a military perspective. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, Friedman studied potential for a U.S.-Japan conflict and co-authored The Coming War with Japan in 1991. He is also the author or co-author of books examining topics as diverse as the Frankfurt School and warfare, including The Future of War, The Intelligence Edge, and America’s Secret War.

He received a B.A. at the City College of New York, where he majored in political science, and a Ph.D. in government at Cornell University.

Friedman is married to Meredith Friedman (née LeBard), has four children, and lives in Austin, Texas. Two of their children serve in the U.S. military.

Link: http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20100111_..._challenge

Thanks nik for the links, will pick up the book since I will be watching the wording carefully.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats. H. L. Mencken

04-15-2010, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2010 01:56 AM by ---.)
(04-15-2010 01:18 AM)NickHedge Wrote:  Thanks nik for the links, will pick up the book since I will be watching the wording carefully.

I'd suggest both; he narrates the audiobook himself.
(04-14-2010 06:24 PM)h3rm35 Wrote:  Considering how much certain people on this forum bash on democrats (not that they don't deserve it,) it's amazing how much the same people imitate JACKASSES!

haha all those dullards who beat their chests for being good workers who dilligently pay tax and they deserve respect over the unemployed dragging down society etc etc

One way of looking at it is that they are the SCABS getting in the way of a general strike.

that's how i look at it, anyhow
04-15-2010, 02:18 AM
(04-15-2010 01:43 AM)nik Wrote:  
(04-14-2010 06:24 PM)h3rm35 Wrote:  Considering how much certain people on this forum bash on democrats (not that they don't deserve it,) it's amazing how much the same people imitate JACKASSES!

haha all those dullards who beat their chests for being good workers who dilligently pay tax and they deserve respect over the unemployed dragging down society etc etc

One way of looking at it is that they are the SCABS getting in the way of a general strike.

that's how i look at it, anyhow
you'd think that they'd want to stay away from imitating the mascot of they party they despise, right?

I appreciate your perspective - I work my ass off, too, but I don't think I'm better than the average low-income earner or person stuck with food stamps - I've been there myself out of necessity. I volunteer time to help the homeless because I can afford to do that now, rather than scraping every second for survival. Now, I happen to be a white man in his thirties with blue eyes, but I see men just like me when I'm volunteering with the same (or better,) work ethic that can't get a break because they're black or latino. That's just fucked up. Elitist pricks won't even give them a shot - because they're ignorant prejudiced bastards.Angry

[Image: conspiracy_theory.jpg]
04-15-2010, 03:25 AM
(04-14-2010 09:27 PM)NickHedge Wrote:  If someone cons you out of your money, who's fault is it? The con mans? Or yours?

The right answer is that it is your fault. The con man didn't force you to give up your money. You willing gave it to him. It's your fault.

You seem so sure that you are right about that, but common law (i.e. common sense) has said otherwise since the first laws were created. I'm glad you don't make the laws.

People don't give their money to con men, they entrust it to them with the expectation that it will be returned. They also expect that the con man did not lie to them. If the con man lies or does not return the money, he is guilty of a crime.

[Image: randquote.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-15-2010, 04:45 AM
(04-15-2010 02:18 AM)h3rm35 Wrote:  I appreciate your perspective - I work my ass off, too, but I don't think I'm better than the average low-income earner or person stuck with food stamps - I've been there myself out of necessity. I volunteer time to help the homeless because I can afford to do that now, rather than scraping every second for survival. Now, I happen to be a white man in his thirties with blue eyes, but I see men just like me when I'm volunteering with the same (or better,) work ethic that can't get a break because they're black or latino. That's just fucked up. Elitist pricks won't even give them a shot - because they're ignorant prejudiced bastards.Angry

and how many chances have you given these people... and not all folks look at it that way i'd hire a mexican way b4 an white. they work harder, and care more about the job, average poor white person is poor due to lack of skills or intelect.... and yes i'm white... but i try to only work 4 me! when i do have to work it is normally for a non white as in ottawa they own most of the biz's that i'd take a temp job it...

Remember Knowledge is the only thing THEY can't take from you, and Knowledge is Know how, and Know how is Power!!!

Live long and Prosper!!!! Have a plan beyond words, and worry not of why the storm is coming as to how you're going to survive in it!!!!

Deathanyl @gmail!!!!!!
04-15-2010, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2010 05:24 AM by jack.)
this thread is a bit steamy

where/who are these members ? Would you please point out some of their posts for me, or are you just referring to one or two obvious at the moment ?

Quote:I appreciate your perspective - I work my ass off, too, but I don't think I'm better than the average low-income earner or person stuck with food stamps - I've been there myself out of necessity. I volunteer time to help the homeless because I can afford to do that now, rather than scraping every second for survival. Now, I happen to be a white man in his thirties with blue eyes, but I see men just like me when I'm volunteering with the same (or better,) work ethic that can't get a break because they're black or latino. That's just fucked up. Elitist pricks won't even give them a shot - because they're ignorant prejudiced bastards.Angry

I am wondering where you live bc where I live here in the states it is not this way, i see plenty examples of this on tv or in editorials but not in the real world around me.
I know plenty of middle class black people, and employed, doing ok mexicans.
(i use those descriptions intentionally bc i'm sick and tired of all the political correctness, the latinoes here are almost all from mexico (the race of latino families that have been here for generations are mostly middle class) - so what/why can't i call them mexicans ? i'm called american big deal, and the black people here have never been to africa nor their parents or grandparents, they can call caucasians white - so what's the bid deal ?) anyhow
I see very little racism going on around me, most of us get along just fine, and the majority of it that I do see is black on white - this seems to be accelerating since the great bho arrived and the media keeps talking about it.
Funny, I see race on the net or news more and more but it sure isn't the reality here in my city or state.

Homeless people are not who anyone is complaining about, and sure they are going to have a hard time getting a break,>bc they are homeless -catch 22 - no address, no job.
Are they homeless bc they are mentally ill ? (lots of that)
By choice ? (some folks are ya know)
or bc they were doing ok then the shit poured down on them ?

my mate lost a good low middle income job, took a year to replace it with a job that pays less than half of the previous one. It's just dumb luck that we didn't lose our shelter and are keeping it (repairing it is a problem tho.)

Frankly right now, this exact present time > none of the residents here that need employment are getting a break, no matter who they are.

There are very few jobs here and the ones there are don't pay enough to even pay taxes, they take it out but you get it all back (fed at least) >yes, it's that bad.
The better paying jobs seem to be being taken by people who weren't even living in america when they applied, it really is amazing just how diverse this city has become over the last 20 some years since I moved here and how many I meet that move here bc of getting the job (most seem quite nice and friendly, but there were plenty of ppl already here that are quite capably and would of loved to have the job, but somehow the loop has left out the local community - of all skin tones)

When I got here there were jobs for all and good ones at that, professional and factory/construction for the folks without college degrees, everybody who wanted one could find one no matter who you were, but that is the past and most of the growth has stopped.

Funny, I like to talk a lot about both sides being bullshit, but it is usually a divided issue this "free ride" one.
The left plays bleeding heart, and the right plays greedy bastard, and they manage to influence a lot of peeps along the way > but I don't witness with my own two eyes either side being corret - or both are correct.
Let's be real, there truly are LOADS of ppl that are cheating the system (at least right here in my state) AND there are LOADS of unfortunate individuals, disabled, elderly, young single mothers without a chance of earning enough at walton's world, and families/or singles that the shit just poured down on them. All these (imo) rightly need help from others whether it be from the gov or real help from real people. The last group however (the ones down on their luck due to unfortunate events and sometimes the single moms are the only ones that use it temporarily, the cheaters have NO intention of stopping, > it's a lifestyle and believe it or not it IS generational, I see it every day (that's right, "i got friends in low places.") and the cheating is equally applied by both white and black americans here in this state.

tax towards assistance is really quite a complex issues that is way beyond "they need help" or "they are lazy bums" yet these seem to be the only sides i hear, >and there are plenty of examples of each side to use as propaganda.

I think they get us peons focusing on these things so that we don't realize how much welfare the corps receive.

Bottom Line > Welfare on humans in america is a drop in the bucket compared to the tax dollars going to multi-million dollar corporations
& both sides > right and left are in on it !!!

&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
04-15-2010, 04:10 PM
yeti,

You're playing word games and you know it. The law is corrupt, we all know that. And let me distinguish something since it is being forced to be distinguished. I live in the US, I speak only about the US. I have never lived outside of the US and I NEVER try to speak about anything OUTSIDE the US. I hope this is clear.

I know very well about paying taxes. I understand the tax system and I know very well how illegal it is. The tax system that we have in place is nothing more than usury. Congress, in passing its laws does nothing more than entrust the IRS to collect their "tribute money" from the useless eaters. The IRS (not that this has to be reiterated) is a private company, not a branch of the government. It has been contracted by Congress to collect the money by whatever means necessary. Must we fall back to the example of Gordon Kahl? Link: http://www.constitution.org/abus/gkahl/kahl.htm

The government is corrupt. They make corrupt/illegal laws and charge illegal/usurious taxes (Adj. usurious - greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation; "exorbitant rent"; "extortionate prices"; "spends an outrageous amount on entertainment"; "usurious interest rate"; "unconscionable spending").

We all know this. You don't give your money to the IRS in expectation that you will get any back. The norm in fact is to be told you owe more. (we are talking about working people here, not the welfare recipients, so don't go there).

There are plenty of con games out there that don't involve the return of money. Ask anyone who has been ripped off on ebay for example. Sometimes there is an expectation of something other than money. Think about spiritual con games. Cults for example. They promise salvation if you turn over all your money AND possessions.

Let me interject something about spiritual con games here. People get sucked into cults because they WANT to believe in something. They want someone to lead them. They NEED to follow. They are being conned because of their need to believe. They will not think. Even though those around them are telling them that they are being conned. They WILL NOT LISTEN. Same with the government. How many of us tell our friends and families that they are believing in something that is corrupt and they refuse to believe? It's a CON GAME! The people will not take responsibility and say STOP IT! LEAVE ME ALONE! I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF!

A person MOST OF THE TIME knows they are being conned. But there are those who don't until well after the con has taken place. Neither situation justifies the con. The person is still at fault for not thinking and/or understanding what was going on. He failed to pay attention. He failed to listen and understand. Must we use the example of buying used cars?

That is a KNOWN CON GAME. We KNOW when we walk on the lot that we are going to be lied to. It's a fact, we know this is the game and because we are walking on the lot of our own FREE WILL we are agreeing to the terms of the con. But yet you will hear from the idiot brigade: "But I thought I could trust this salesman" or better yet "He had an honest face". Both of these statements have been used down through time for both SALESMEN & POLITICIANS. If I had a dime for every time I have heard those two statements made in regard to salesmen and politicians I would be rich beyond the dreams of avarice. There is no difference between the two. They both have something to sell.

Let's look at the example of Scott Brown, the Tea Party is wailing, gnashing their teeth and rending their clothes right now over the con game that got run on them. Now they look like fools. But they knew - THEY JUST DIDN'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT.

Our choice(s) at this point are simple. How much are we going to listen to the salesman? Or is he a necessary evil in the purchasing of said vehicle? Will we retain the right to decide which lemon we will buy or will we let him tell us? Will we try to haggle the outrageous price down to something that we can personally justify to ourselves or will we let him choose what we pay? Or will we buy from him at all? Each person has to answer these questions for themselves based on how much they are willing to be taken advantage of. Now apply that same thing to politicians, government and laws.

This is a fact, there is nothing you can do to change it. Everyone who has ever bought a used car KNOWS these things apply. Everyone also knows that politics is the exact same way.

We KNOW the government is corrupt. We KNOW the laws are corrupt. We KNOW the taxes are illegal. We KNOW that politicians LIE. We KNOW that Democracy is a facade. We KNOW that capitalism doesn't really work. Yet we go along and get along. We don't rock the boat because we have been given the chance to sedate ourselves with various trinkets and baubles. We can buy as many vehicles as we can afford. We take as many trips as we can afford. We stuff our faces with as much food as we can afford and we live in the biggest and best houses that we can afford. When that fails to satisfy us we go to the doctor for something to medicate us even further. Now we have medical problems we can fall back on in case the other stuff doesn't do the trick. We have all the electronic equipment that we can afford. We will WORK as many jobs as we possibly can, not to achieve a better life in a realistic sense, but to get more toys, more food, more clothes, more houses, etc. It never stops until we are dead. But if people are asked to do one thing - take responsibility- you might as well have asked them to stop breathing. They will not do it. American values are so far out of whack that they will never be able to be brought back into focus without a drastic, catastrophic change of some kind.

People of this country do not work to become better people, they work to have STUFF. I have heard many people from outside the country say that Americans are the most fat, gluttonous, lazy, self absorbed people that they have ever seen. This is the true face of CAPITALISM. Americans are the poster children for why our system doesn't work.

And we go around the world and push our system on other countries. It doesn't work with them either.

Listen yeti, I respect you as an administrator. I respect the debate that is taking place here right now. But you are going to have to admit sooner or later that the people are the problem. No matter how you cut it it will always go back to the people in the end. They must take responsibility for the way things are. They cannot continue to look the other way and blame someone else for their own problems. All it ever took was a little vigilant watching, just paying attention to the changes that were being slipped past them, catching them and rejecting them. Had they done that early on we would not be here now. But we are here now. The damage is done and there is nothing that can be done about it. The scenario must play itself out and we have to deal with it.

But in the end, no matter what argument you put forth, the people have to look at themselves and take responsibility.

04-15-2010, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2010 04:48 PM by ---.)
the welfare issue is moot until you factor the military industrial complex into the equation. jmo
04-15-2010, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2010 05:03 PM by jack.)
(04-15-2010 04:10 PM)NickHedge Wrote:  We can buy as many vehicles as we can afford. We take as many trips as we can afford. We stuff our faces with as much food as we can afford and we live in the biggest and best houses that we can afford. When that fails to satisfy us we go to the doctor for something to medicate us even further. Now we have medical problems we can fall back on in case the other stuff doesn't do the trick. We have all the electronic equipment that we can afford. We will WORK as many jobs as we possibly can, not to achieve a better life in a realistic sense, but to get more toys, more food, more clothes, more houses, etc. It never stops until we are dead. But if people are asked to do one thing - take responsibility- you might as well have asked them to stop breathing. They will not do it. American values are so far out of whack that they will never be able to be brought back into focus without a drastic, catastrophic change of some kind.

People of this country do not work to become better people, they work to have STUFF. I have heard many people from outside the country say that Americans are the most fat, gluttonous, lazy, self absorbed people that they have ever seen. This is the true face of CAPITALISM. Americans are the poster children for why our system doesn't work.

BS !

I know your not talking to me, but shit dude- your speaking as tho you are your avatar

that's way over the top to class us all like that.
why are u helping others to dislike us ?
Don't you know any decent ppl ? - they do exist
maybe you should enlarge your circle of acquaintances

people work to earn money to live, that's how you live in most all of the world.
ppl all over the globe buy stuff and why not, it's for sale and it's been sold to us our whole life
consumerism isn't limited to america, other nations and forms of govt have folks whom amass in excess as well - but they do NOT represent the whole

gee wiz, cut the clowns that spend what they don't have on things they don't need at least a wee bit of slack
they are only doing what they've been trained to do after all.
You won't reach anyone with your elitist attitude.
Are you so much better than the rest of us ?
You've never wasted any money ?
You've never got yourself in a jam due to poor decisions ?
You've never just blatantly done the wrong thing ?
You always take/took full responsibility for all of your actions ? Never blamed it on something else, or made an excuse ?
You've never been or needed to be bailed out, not even once by someone else ?
Don't make mistakes ?
Cavemen must be perfect Bored

&Alice laughed, &There's no use trying,& she said: &one can't believe impossible things.& &I daresay you haven't had much practice,& said the Queen. &When I was your age I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.&
- Lewis Carroll

&Things are seldom as they seem ... Skim milk masquerades as cream.&
- Gilbert and Sullivan (Pinafore)

At NASA, it really is rocket science, and the decision makers really are rocket scientists.
But a body of research that is getting more and more attention points to the ways that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their parts. .. Irwin Janis? &Groupthink:& is a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' striving for unanimity override realistic appraisals ? It is the triumph of concurrence over good sense, and authority over expertise.&
-John Schwartz & Matthew L. Wade
04-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Mea Culpa to all the above.

But you misunderstand the point of my post. The point that I am making is NOT that everyone else is responsible, but that WE are ALL responsible, not just the politicians (for their lies/deceptions/chicanery), but WE the people for our failure to stand up and put a stop to it, to take back OUR control. But more so, WE the people are responsible because WE allowed it to progress to a point that WE lost OUR control. And we lost that control because as "the people" we got lazy, we "let someone else do it". We didn't want to take care of it ourselves, we abdicated our responsibility. WE failed to maintain vigilance and somewhere along the line lost our backbones and sold ourselves into slavery. Because basically what are we? Slaves. The economy is in shambles because our control was usurped and WE did nothing to stop it.

When I see reactions like this to this thread I know that I have hit a nerve and that is not my intention. My intention is to point out what WE ARE ALL guilty of. This country has had a bad reputation for many years and it will not get any better or worse with what I am posting. I can only speak for the country that I live in.

You don't know me. Stop looking at the avatar and listen to what I am saying. I work for a living and travel for my job. I meet thousands of people every year. Most of them are like what I described. I work with people who don't want to do anything but what is the absolute minimal amount and they want maximum amount of pay for it. They complain endlessly about how things are but at the end of the day what do they do? They buy more stuff, watch more reality TV, eat more junk food and cry about the system and DO NOTHING to change it or improve it. They live their lives by what they have. They want to be judged by what they own and where they live. Their lives are based on what they have, NOT who they are as people. I see it constantly. I can speak from experience.

I have lost it all and learned from it. I have had to start over many times. That is why I can speak like I do because I DID LEARN the errors of my ways first hand. I realized where I was being deceived. I saw where I was drinking the Kool-aid. I can't stop the intake of Kool-aid completely because to a certain degree it is being forced on me. But I can control it to some degree and I do. Now that I see things differently this automatically makes me unpopular. Because those who are still taking their "recommended daily allowance" of Kool-aid don't want to know.

Like I said this country will not live or die by this thread. It will reach very few people. But the truth is still the truth.

At the end of the day these are only my observations of the people that I come in contact with everyday. No one's making you react to this thread, you do so of your own accord.

04-15-2010, 07:40 PM
jack sums it up quite nicely
Quote:I think they get us peons focusing on these things so that we don't realize how much welfare the corps receive.

Bottom Line > Welfare on humans in america is a drop in the bucket compared to the tax dollars going to multi-million dollar corporations
& both sides > right and left are in on it !!!

Corporate welfare can be summed up as grants, subsidies, low interest loans, financial incentives, tax breaks/write-offs, assisted brokering, lucrative government contracts and selective/imbalanced enforcement of law.

What the single mother style welfare does is serve as a carrot preying on greed and need to break up families. Welfare is a pittance that decreases steadily with inflation.

As for the debate on whether the blame lies on the people:

It's a pyramid scheme and the majority lives the illusion that they either have a high place in it, think they can attain it, are satisfied with their place in the service (middle class bs) or think their suffrage will lead them to great rewards in the afterlife. Many of those who realize it is a scam feel powerless to do anything about and merely bitch and complain or bury their head in the sand in willful ignorance so not to ruffle any feathers. There are those few of us who seek to enlighten and build though. Those of us who bear a critical role and carry the heavy load. As more people lend a shoulder and unite in a chain of unbreakable will to bring forth the causes of truth and freedom to usurp pyramid of its tyrannous lies it will blow over the house of cards it truly is.

What we need to be careful of and plan for is what arises once it all inevitably comes crashing down.

echoed from:
Why Don't We Oppose These People?
http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=30872

related thread:
I have a Plan to Destroy America
http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=828

Are Americans Too Broken for the Truth to Set Us Free?

http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=30872

It may take more than 3% of us since the hooks are pretty deep but it would be a good start. There needs to be a line drawn though, the opposition to these controlling forces are scattered and fail to present a unified and coherent message for a lot of the reasons presented in this article. Is it time for a united banner to rally under or is grassroots dissidence the best course? Are we going to continue to research, spread the word and wake up more or lead by example of alternative? What example should that be - change from within government, boycotts, a parallel secessive system, civil disobedience or a continuance of the waking up people to form a critical mass? At what point does a shift to is everyone waiting for a date (Dec 21st 2012) an event (Nukes, Polar Shift, The Messiah, Aliens) or a cue (From Glen Beck, Bill Maher or Alex Jones or some other anointed leader) to gather and speak out? Will our generations largely be remembered as tentative, procrastinating cowards? Or will we write the history books as the generation that took back the power from the tyrannical elitist plutocracy?

There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Al Gore's and his New Partners Are Going to Change Things springhawk 1 489 05-06-2011 04:45 PM
Last Post: yeti
  The curious incident of the straight-A student --- 0 241 07-06-2009 10:47 PM
Last Post: ---
  All Things Work Together For Good Solve et Coagula 1 403 05-15-2009 12:24 PM
  Are the Greek riots a taste of things to come? --- 1 566 12-14-2008 12:08 AM
  MSM: Mervyns & Linens ‘n Things plan liquidation SAkEr 0 312 10-18-2008 08:23 PM
Last Post: SAkEr
  Would Things Be Worse In America If The Republicans Won The Last Election? MC David 3 363 06-01-2007 03:59 PM
Last Post: LeveL
  59 Things That Would Have Stayed Secret MrBS 1 550 03-13-2007 04:58 AM
Last Post: Moriani