Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'No scan, no flight' at Heathrow and Manchester
02-01-2010, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2010 07:38 PM by TriWooOx.)
'No scan, no flight' at Heathrow and Manchester
Quote:Some passengers at Heathrow and Manchester airports will have to go through full body scanners before boarding their flights under new rules.

It is now compulsory for people selected for a scan to take part, or they will not be allowed to fly.

The new security rules have been introduced following the attempt to blow up a plane over Detroit on Christmas Day.

There have been concerns the scanners breach passengers' rights to privacy.

Transport Secretary Lord Adonis said in the immediate future only a small proportion of airline passengers would be selected for scanning.

In a written statement to the House of Commons, he said: "If a passenger is selected for scanning, and declines, they will not be permitted to fly."

The scanners were introduced at the two airports on Monday and will be installed at Birmingham later in the month.

Privacy protection

The machine has been used at Manchester Airport's Terminal 2 since October, with additional scanners planned for Terminals 1 and 3 by the end of February.

The Department of Transport has published an interim code of practice covering privacy, health and safety, data protection and equality issues.

"The code will require airports to undertake scanning sensitively, having regard to the rights of passengers," Lord Adonis said.

Manchester Airport said it had put strict procedures in place to protect the privacy of passengers.

Its head of customer experience, Sarah Barrett, said: "It will enhance security for everyone, which can only be a good thing, without compromising people's privacy.

"The image generated by the body scanner cannot be stored or captured nor can security officers viewing the images recognise people."

The equipment does not allow security staff to see passengers naked, she added.

A rule which meant under 18s were not allowed to participate in the body scanner trial has been overturned by the government.

The introduction of body scanners has sparked a wide debate, and even the home secretary has admitted it will not be a "magic bullet".

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab is accused of trying to detonate a bomb on a flight from Amsterdam as it was about to land in Detroit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8490860.stm?welcometo2010

Quote:Some passengers at Heathrow and Manchester airports will have to go through full body scanners before boarding their flights under new rules.

Let me guess, muslim??

The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall. - Che Guevara

Resistance Films Youtube Channel

TriWooOx Podcast
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2010, 02:07 AM
RE: 'No scan, no flight' at Heathrow and Manchester
i think i will ask for a strip search, but they can't take any pictures of my dick
Find all posts by this user
02-02-2010, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2010 05:08 AM by ---.)
haha heathrow and ...manchester -a surprise ؟. i think i would get pulled for the compulsory scan queue if the way they always love to adore my passport longer than the 10 people who went before me is anything to go on . Planned on taking the coach when we go over anyhow - less chance of trouble from terrorists. not that coaches cancel out e-borders - visiting relatives will have never been so much fun.
the worm will turn. i think that's what they want.
no unzipping of dna - no flying on plane - choose or die!!
freedomlite
once coming back from spain to Nottingham airport I was waiting in the main foyer for my gf of the time and a customs dude saunters past literally taking latex gloves off his hands - now i don't know if he had been hand raping a member of the public but the implication through profession was there and ergo it was a psychopowertrip dominance act thing to walk through the public area doing this i felt - they caught my eye like i should fear them and i just stared them out like i had killed before and they wouldn't even be noticed - it did seem to work. i even had hash in my bags but i was thru customs already and was indignant at seeing such bullshit. fascism is an illness. nowadaze basically i just get the impression that most people are very ill - but quite a lot of people are for whatever reason innate fascists.

it isn't just apathy and ignorance that props up the system, it's all the petty dictators that riddle society and potentiate the threats and fear - even with an egalitarian structure why would such a demographic disappear? genocidalists and pathetic lower management won't simply vanish - they need to be actively banished at some point* if they can't stop.

when things get worse, some people will want to start talking about actually hitting back at the system, here on this site - that is when the intelligence operatives who have been quietly monitoring within the community over the years will start moving in. jmo hopefully moderators will be in place to protect ppl from incriminating themselves.

at least "we" can send messages to system henchpeople to try make them see sense. excuse me i am having a drink to celebrate the compulsory scans.

*maybe it's an ongoing process that feudal drudge and debt worry has misplaced
02-02-2010, 06:52 AM
I probably said this on another story of the same ilk but here goes again anyway. The beauty of this whole scam is that they get the double benefit of dehumanizing and possibly doing physical damage to the people willing to go along while further restricting the movement of the "troublemakers" who choose to dissent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Malaysia flight mh370 pax681 22 508 04-07-2014 01:37 PM
Last Post: CharliePrime
  United Airlines Flight 175 - ATC Recordings 9/11 datars 0 256 07-03-2013 04:35 AM
Last Post: datars