Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This Is So Offensive To Muslims
01-15-2007, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2007 01:17 AM by contrafactus.)
Quote:Wayne Esslinger wrote:
*U.S. Veteran DispatchJanuary 2007Democrat Keith Ellison is now officially the first Muslim United Statescongressman. True to his pledge, he placed his hand on the Quran, the Muslimbook of jihad and pledged his allegiance to the United States during hisceremonial swearing-in.Capitol Hill staff said Ellison's swearing-in photo opportunity drew moremedia than they had ever seen in the history of the U.S. House. Ellisonrepresents the 5th Congressional District of Minnesota.The Quran Ellison used was no ordinary book. It once belonged to ThomasJefferson, third president of the United States and one of America'sfounding fathers. Ellison borrowed it from the Rare Book Section of theLibrary of Congress. It was one of the 6,500 Jefferson books archived in thelibrary.Ellison, who was born in Detroit and converted to Islam while in college,said he chose to use Jefferson's Quran because it showed that "a visionarylike Jefferson" believed that wisdom could be gleaned from many sources.There is no doubt Ellison was right about Jefferson believing wisdom couldbe "gleaned" from the Muslim Quran. At the time Jefferson owned the book, heneeded to know everything possible about Muslims because he was about toadvocate war against the Islamic "Barbary" states of Morocco, Algeria,Tunisia and Tripoli.Ellison's use of Jefferson's Quran as a prop illuminates a subject oncewell-known in the history of the United States, but, which today, is mostlyforgotten - the Muslim pirate slavers who over many centuries enslavedmillions of Africans and tens of thousands of Christian Europeans andAmericans in the Islamic "Barbary" states.Over the course of 10 centuries, Muslim pirates cruised the African andMediterranean coastline, pillaging villages and seizing slaves.The taking of slaves in pre-dawn raids on unsuspecting coastal villages hada high casualty rate. It was typical of Muslim raiders to kill off as manyof the "non-Muslim" older men and women as possible so the preferred "booty"of only young women and children could be collected.Young non-Muslim women were targeted because of their value as concubines inIslamic markets. Islamic law provides for the sexual interests of Muslim menby allowing them to take as many as four wives at one time and to have asmany concubines as their fortunes allow.Boys, as young as 9 or 10 years old, were often mutilated to create eunuchswho would bring higher prices in the slave markets of the Middle East.Muslim slave traders created "eunuch stations" along major African slaveroutes so the necessary surgery could be performed. It was estimated thatonly a small number of the boys subjected to the mutilation survived afterthe surgery.When American colonists rebelled against British rule in 1776, Americanmerchant ships lost Royal Navy protection. With no American Navy forprotection, American ships were attacked and their Christian crews enslavedby Muslim pirates operating under the control of the "Dey of Algiers"--anIslamist warlord ruling Algeria.Because American commerce in the Mediterranean was being destroyed by thepirates, the Continental Congress agreed in 1784 to negotiate treaties withthe four Barbary States. Congress appointed a special commission consistingof John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin, to oversee thenegotiations.Lacking the ability to protect its merchant ships in the Mediterranean, thenew America government tried to appease the Muslim slavers by agreeing topay tribute and ransoms in order to retrieve seized American ships and buythe freedom of enslaved sailors.Adams argued in favor of paying tribute as the cheapest way to get Americancommerce in the Mediterranean moving again. Jefferson was opposed. Hebelieved there would be no end to the demands for tribute and wanted matterssettled "through the medium of war." He proposed a league of trading nationsto force an end to Muslim piracy.In 1786, Jefferson, then the American ambassador to France, and Adams, thenthe American ambassador to Britain, met in London with Sidi Haji AbdulRahman Adja, the "Dey of Algiers" ambassador to Britain.The Americans wanted to negotiate a peace treaty based on Congress' vote toappease.During the meeting Jefferson and Adams asked the Dey's ambassador whyMuslims held so much hostility towards America, a nation with which they hadno previous contacts.In a later meeting with the American Congress, the two future presidentsreported that Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja had answered that Islam"was founded on the Laws of their Prophet, that it was written in theirQuran, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authoritywere sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon themwherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take asPrisoners, and that every Musselman (Muslim) who should be slain in Battlewas sure to go to Paradise."For the following 15 years, the American government paid the Muslimsmillions of dollars for the safe passage of American ships or the return ofAmerican hostages. The payments in ransom and tribute amounted to 20 percentof United States government annual revenues in 1800.Not long after Jefferson's inauguration as president in 1801, he dispatcheda group of frigates to defend American interests in the Mediterranean, andinformed Congress.Declaring that America was going to spend "millions for defense but not onecent for tribute," Jefferson pressed the issue by deploying American Marinesand many of America's best warships to the Muslim Barbary Coast.The USS Constitution, USS Constellation, USS Philadelphia, USS Chesapeake,USS Argus, USS Syren and USS Intrepid all saw action.In 1805, American Marines marched across the dessert from Egypt intoTripolitania, forcing the surrender of Tripoli and the freeing of allAmerican slaves.During the Jefferson administration, the Muslim Barbary States, crumbling asa result of intense American naval bombardment and on shore raids byMarines, finally officially agreed to abandon slavery and piracy.Jefferson's victory over the Muslims lives on today in the Marine Hymn, withthe line, "From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli, we willfight our country's battles on the land as on the sea."It wasn't until 1815 that the problem was fully settled by the total defeatof all the Muslim slave trading pirates.Jefferson had been right. The "medium of war" was the only way to put andend to the Muslim problem. Mr. Ellison was right about Jefferson. He was a"visionary" wise enough to read and learn about the enemy from their ownMuslim book of jihad.

I know nothing about the author, and I'm too angry to feel like giving you my analysis right now. I'll just say that by the same psychotic logic that this guy is using, the Bible is the "Christian book of Crusade."

Sorry for the improper spacing in places. That's how I found it, and I don't even want to go back through the text to correct anything, because I'd have to read it again.

:shittyday:

:headbash:

Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2007, 01:39 AM
:yikes:Wow, got as far as 'Muslim book of jihad' and my jaw dropped. I just wasn't expecting that, was thinking wow a muslim congressman is this political climate then baam!

Do I need to read the rest?

:yikes:

:wtf:
01-15-2007, 02:14 AM
Disinfo designed to flare hatred between Christians and Muslims.

The story of Monotheism is like a constant, 2000-year Greek tragedy.
01-15-2007, 05:08 AM
Quote:Disinfo designed to flare hatred between Christians and Muslims.

The story of Monotheism is like a constant, 2000-year Greek tragedy.

One of the major problems in the world today is that there are folks on BOTH sides which want desperately to fan the flames between Islam and Christianity. It serves their purpose. Ask, who benefits? Too bad most won't and will instead mindlessly follow. Pick a side or run and hide, the end is neigh.

[Image: resistance-news.gif]The Theorist formerly known as 'no'.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2007, 05:53 AM
Have you guys seen these?

Daily Show - Glenn Beck and Keith Ellison
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WV7tP1_0xrQ

Here's the full Glenn Beck clip:
Keith Ellison on CNN Headline News
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yFkpEduQJZo

Hannity Smears Ellison
http://youtube.com/watch?v=40zEJFmCJQo

:rolleyes:

&its just like.. doood ya get the best barrels ever dood..
its just like.. ya pull in and ya just get spit right out of em...
ya just drop in n just smack the lip.. whabap.. drop down..
zibbaaaahhhahahah..
n then after that.. ya drop in.. ride the barrel..
and get pitted.. sooo pitted like that&
- surfer dood

Northern Alberta Surface Water Study
check it out: www.nasws.ca
01-15-2007, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2007 08:42 AM by contrafactus.)
I agree with a lot of what you folks say. I still don't feel much like going through and defeating this guy's points one by one, but I will say a few things.

This guy wants to pretend that Jefferson read the Quran because it would help him defeat "the enemy." Like it was their freaking battle plan, or something.

Then he talks about the scourge of the "Muslim pirates" taking Americans as slaves. First, if they're pirates, they don't exactly adhere very strongly to their religion, do they? Second, I guess he doesn't know that much about American history. At the time that Jefferson was doing so much to free Americans from slavery in the Barbary region, the American South was full of slaves (as I'm sure I don't have to tell all of you.) I wouldn't be too surprised if a number of them had come from regions in which Islam was the dominant religion. It's an eye for an eye, if you ask me. But since we won the war, I guess might makes right, right?

Then there's this part:
Quote:the two future presidentsreported that Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja had answered that Islam"was founded on the Laws of their Prophet, that it was written in theirQuran, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authoritywere sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon themwherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take asPrisoners, and that every Musselman (Muslim) who should be slain in Battlewas sure to go to Paradise."

I guess he's trying to suggest that this is what Muslims believe today. Perhaps radical Islamists (whose ideology was covertly promoted by the US) believe something like that, but in general Muslims believe that "THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION"!

::SIGH::

I guess I don't really have to convince the people on CONCEN of stuff like this, but I had to put my thoughts down.

Thanks for posting those youtube links, blove. That's pretty messed up, too. Especially Hannity. He is the biggest douche nozzle.

I also think this whole "he shouldn't swear on the Quran, but the Bible" stuff is so stupid. The whole point of placing one's hand on a religious text when swearing an oath is to indicate that one is making that oath under God. What the hell would it mean if this guy swore his oath with his hand on top of a religious text from a religion he doesn't even follow?

And that guy in the Hannity clip who wrote whatever he did about swearing an oath with a hand on Mein Kampf? He's obviously a psycho, too. I don't care if he claims he wasn't equating Mein Kampf with the Quran. Could he really not find a less inflammatory example?

Mifune, you are absolutely correct.

Again:

:headbash:
01-15-2007, 08:54 AM
polarized hysteria! ignore politely :yawn:
01-15-2007, 09:38 AM
I wish it were that simple, zerror, but a member of my family emailed me this vitriolic, polarizing nonsense as if it were in defense of his opinion concerning the current military activity of the US.

It's bad enough that there are people out there writing this crap. It's much worse that a whole class of Americans read this stuff and feel that they have somehow been armed with intellectual ammunition to back up their support of the war on terrorism, and therefore the slaughter of Muslims around the world.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Obama's Diplomatic Offensive and the Reality of Geopolitics --- 0 248 03-10-2009 11:20 PM
Last Post: ---
  Anti-terror code 'would alienate most Muslims' TriWooOx 5 675 02-21-2009 12:05 PM
Last Post: DJOldskool
  EU presidency: Israel ground op in Gaza 'defensive not offensive' --- 0 327 01-04-2009 02:22 PM
Last Post: ---
  Muslims Vote For Ron Paul - www.muslimsvoteronpaul.com Solve et Coagula 9 1,228 10-25-2007 03:56 AM
Last Post: Nyte
  True Christians Vote For Ron Paul! True Jews Vote For Ron Paul! True Muslims Vote For Ron Paul! Solve et Coagula 5 572 06-01-2007 12:59 AM
Last Post: TeslaandLyne