Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
additive free cigarettes?
07-03-2007, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2007 09:52 PM by ephilution.)
Quote:Removing few chemicals from tobacco won't make it any safer when it contains 400 other carcinogenic chemicals.

Just sayin...
The sustenance or rejection of that supposition relies on how many additive chemicals there are in treated tobacco as opposed to natural tobacco and, the carcinogenic and toxic potential these additive chemicals have as well as amounts added. Another thing that has to be taken into the equation is the effect these chemicals have on the smoking craving. If the chemicals increase addictiveness, for instance by increasing the rate at which nicotine is absorbed into the system, it adds to the damaging effect of smoking since it will make you want to smoke more. The movie The Insider gave an interesting insight into this mechanism, provided the movie gave a scientifically accurate rendition of course.

BTW thanks for the interesting poster. Thank goodness I only use tobacco for rolling doobs.

General Brainquirks:http://1phil4everyill.wordpress.com

Mind control imbued by movies:http://predictiveprogramminginmovies.blogspot.com

Movers and Shakers of the SMOM:http://moversandshakersofthesmom.blogspot...identity.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2007, 09:48 PM
i dont know why ppl do that anyway. your ruining the taste of perfectly good weed. not to mention adding shitty shit to it.
unless you are smoking shitty wet weed for whatever reason, ill never understand why ppl still do this.
07-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Quote:i dont know why ppl do that anyway. your ruining the taste of perfectly good weed. not to mention adding shitty shit to it.
unless you are smoking shitty wet weed for whatever reason, ill never understand why ppl still do this.

Its some kind of european thing. I think it started because of hash, but they do with bud too, the sacreligious basterds....
:pissed:

Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd : Vituð ér enn eða hvat?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2007, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 12:02 AM by standvast.)
Quote:Its some kind of european thing. I think it started because of hash, but they do with bud too, the sacreligious basterds....

yeah those silly feckin europeans,
haha, i do that aswell, i add one fouth of a american spirit or a camel to
a joint, to have it burn just right, and roll the paper inside out, so you end up with the least possible paper,..
smoking pure is a different high, aswell as the actual smoking i find far less
enjoyable. it's pretty much about personal prefernce, sacreligious my ass, :biggrin:
you are about to tell me smoking a mix of apple n mint tobacco mixed with butter hash,
through a turkish pipe, , doesn't seem appealing to you DSB, ?
smoking pure weed in a pipe is nice , but i really prefer hash with mild tobacco, rolled, that burns just right,
stone me allready :wink:

If Thine I that I spy with my own little I Doeth Offend thee ; Pluck It out.

07-04-2007, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 12:27 AM by deathstickboy.)
Quote:
Quote:Its some kind of european thing. I think it started because of hash, but they do with bud too, the sacreligious basterds....

a joint, to have it burn just right, and roll the paper inside out, so you end up with the least possible paper,..
enjoyable. it's pretty much about personal prefernce, sacreligious my ass, :biggrin:
you are about to tell me smoking a mix of apple n mint tobacco mixed with butter hash,
smoking pure weed in a pipe is nice , but i really prefer hash with mild tobacco, rolled, that burns just right,

:laughkick:
I can understand mixing with hash, and yes that does sound appealing, but its not the same as mixing it with bud.
I've had it a few times and I never liked it.
I am a connisseur of fine herb, thus I prefer it to be as untainted as possible, generally speaking.
My friends and I created a religion for pot when we were younger, and mixing bud and tobacco was considered a sacrelige, along with dropping the joint and not smoking up or giving a bud to the person who copped a sack for you when your regular sources were not available. :tongue:

Perhaps its just a matter of preference, but I prefer to smoke it as purely as possible, and it is the common style around here. In eastern canada, quebec espeically, mixing bud and tobacco is more common than here.
If I'm gonna add tobacco at all its generally in the form of a Blunt rolling paper. :wink:

Mixing hash with bud....now there is a treat. :drool:

[Image: madwolfoy0.jpg][Image: sharksmall1kd6.jpg][Image: bearkodiakchugachfe7.jpg]
07-04-2007, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 12:28 AM by mothandrust.)
Quote:

agreed, different high and far more manageable for writing. still haven't sussed that reverse rolling though - a smart alecy Dutch friend showed me several times - i generally end up with the paper stuck to my fingers and the contents in my lap:grin:

edit: actually he was Belgian

Vitam Impendere Vero
07-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Quote:

I agree. Pot "connossieurship" drives me crazy. Elitism just seems to creep into anything. If I'm using just a tiny snippet of a dank bud to roll a pinner for personal consumption (as my wife would kill me if I rolled a fatty of our weed and failed to include her :hurt:) then I almost always add some tobacco to fill out the paper and make a cleaner burning joint.

If I have really good weed I'm almost more inclined to add tobacco to it; when I smoked mexican brick in Ohio I needed a gram of weed to get stoned. Now that I have constant affordable access to sticky a gram is unpractical when I'm just trying to smoke a quick joint ten minutes before bed to help send me off to peaceful sleep.

I understand the appeal of a pure green roll, as it does taste a bit better. But I think tobacco is like coffee. To those that don't drink coffee, any variety is a toxic vitriol. But to those who enjoy it, there can be a vast cornocopia of varieties and flavours. As with cannabis, and with wine.

Personally I don't use tobacco to roll with unless I'm using it as filler, as I said before, but I prefer over any method of smoking, to use the fine leaf of a cuban cigar. This I feel gives the best burn, slow and smoky, and provides the nicotine and flavour I'm looking for. Almost anyone can appreciate the appeal of a good blunt, and it is really nothing more than the delicious symbiosis of tobacco and cannabis.

So smoke, brothers, in the fashion you choose. No need to make rules about use and misuse, hence sacrilege; let us all enjoy the marijuana in whatever fashion we choose :biggrin:

&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
07-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Quote:If I have really good weed I'm almost more inclined to add tobacco to it
:shocked:
Sinner!!!!

:tongue:

I hated tobacco for quite a while so that had an effect on my attitude. I smoke the occasional cigar/cigarillio now, but I still think that loose tobacco ruins the taste of good bud. Ruins it.
To me its like mixing coffee and lemonade.

And I generally smoke my hash straight too, since its rare here and I like the taste of THC, alot.

07-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Quote:And I generally smoke my hash straight too, since its rare here and I like the taste of THC, alot.
There we can agree, particularly if it is of the blonde variety.

&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
07-04-2007, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 02:43 AM by JohnDoe1984.)
Quote:

Speaking of hash. Anyone know about this? You can probably understand it standvast. There's more video's in English. I've tried it.... OMG :dazed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VntCmWpdNlg

I heard that Europeans mix tobacco with their weed. I just don't agree. You're mixing one of the best flavors out there with something that tastes like crap. There may be carcinogens in both but there's less in weed and THC has anti-tumor properties that, according to web MD, act to counter the cancer causing agents in weed enough that they can find no increased cancer risk for weed smokers, even in heavy users. The same absolutely cannot be said for tobacco. Plus if you don't smoke tobacco putting it in your weed exposes you to possible nicotine addiction making you subconsiously want to smoke.

&We didn't have education. We had inspiration. If I was educated, I'd be a damn fool.&
-Bob Marley

[Image: idiocracyforpres.jpg]
07-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Quote:Speaking of hash. Anyone know about this? You can probably understand it standvast. There's more video's in English. I've tried it.... OMG

Yeah I've done that, although with slightly different methods. :drunk:

07-04-2007, 03:00 AM
I was surprised to see people in Europe mixing tobacco with weed when I was there. I thought WTF? WHy dilute your weed and ruin the flavour?

I'll say this much about hash and tobacco in Europe tho... Phil rolls one top notch hash joint!
07-04-2007, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2007 03:56 AM by triplesix.)
Quote:Speaking of hash. Anyone know about this? You can probably understand it standvast. There's more video's in English. I've tried it.... OMG :dazed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VntCmWpdNlg
Nice hash oil, though I didn't have a clue what he was saying, haha. That's some bomb right there; international language of getting excessively crunked. I always like to have some oil around to roll cigars with. If you want to play the connossieur game, there's no topping a good cannabis cigar. But if you don't have the resources (like a pound of chron to make that pile of bronze) I've made a poor-man's subsitute out of two ready ingredients: pipe resin and hootch (or regional, dirt-cheap, high-alcohol spirit). I know, ghetto, but a couple drops of hard liquor with a whole shlop of resin will dissolve into a watery glue that becomes stickier as the alcohol and eventually water evaporates off. It gets the job done when you want to make a pile of cannabis (or thai stick if you're fuckin old school) into an all hemp, hour-plus long smoking experience. Something, I would never put tobacco in, by the way.

Quote:I heard that Europeans mix tobacco with their weed. I just don't agree. You're mixing one of the best flavors out there with something that tastes like crap. There may be carcinogens in both but there's less in weed and THC has anti-tumor properties that, according to web MD, act to counter the cancer causing agents in weed enough that they can find no increased cancer risk for weed smokers, even in heavy users. The same absolutely cannot be said for tobacco. Plus if you don't smoke tobacco putting it in your weed exposes you to possible nicotine addiction making you subconsiously want to smoke.
Haha, that's the point brother, I have a nicotine addiction! Better I satisfy it with small wraps or dustings in a rolly with a bit of cancer-fighting mary than just smoke the coffin nails by themselves, you know? And its like I said, you can think of cannabis a bit like chocolate and tobacco a bit like coffee, to draw a culinary and smoking comparison. Some may think its a crime to mix the two together, others might see the magic in it.

To each their own. No love lost, as long as everyone is smoking the buddha.

Edit: More on topic I'd be interested in 100% natural tobacco. I was getting ready to just grow it myself.

Edit #2: And another thing. I've got nothing against people who don't smoke only the best nuggets, or only pure AAA hash, etc. Some people just don't have that available. If you're from a small town you either pay big for some local farmer's goods or pay a little for some brick at the local community college or something. You make do with what you got, you know. It's all good.

07-04-2007, 03:54 AM
I finally bought some american spirit today ... i just strode into my local supermarket and they have a tobacco shop and I bought some mild flavored american spirits.

i never thought about smoking weed in my sad life, but it really sounds like i should take it up ... anyone know ... i've heard you can order it via mail ... from amsterdam ... is this true? anybody have some tips on where i can get some? th anks

rawny
07-04-2007, 04:03 AM
Quote:I finally bought some american spirit today ... i just strode into my local supermarket and they have a tobacco shop and I bought some mild flavored american spirits.

i never thought about smoking weed in my sad life, but it really sounds like i should take it up ... anyone know ... i've heard you can order it via mail ... from amsterdam ... is this true? anybody have some tips on where i can get some? th anks

rawny
My only advice is to bring it up casually among some of your closest friends who won't judge you if they find out you want to smoke some pot. Chances are someone you know knows someone who does. And if they aren't going to care that you're asking, they might tell you who to call. If you really don't think anyone in your inner circle is cool with it I don't really know how to go about just finding someone. At least in the US the whole war on drugs thing makes people nervous. Ohio is very open about weed though, and you can get busted with a pretty big amount and not worry about a record, so maybe it's easier there than in a lot of places. Good luck though, sorry if that's not very helpful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Free 1 year American Free Press online subscription! capnchronic 1 156 12-14-2013 10:40 PM
Last Post: temp9
  Pledge for free and open Internet mypronesss 0 190 02-07-2013 05:25 AM
Last Post: mypronesss
  Search Engine HACK (Lots A Free Stuff) deleted_user 2 8,031 04-24-2010 10:59 AM
Last Post: deleted_user
  free dmt and legal too --- 10 2,604 02-15-2010 03:59 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  great free utility to organize your windows desktop Stardock Fences Weyland 0 370 01-27-2010 10:40 AM
Last Post: Weyland
  Dreamhost are offering 1 year hosting w/ free domain name for $9.24! Not a missprint! staceysugar 1 576 10-10-2009 06:21 AM
Last Post: mastermg
  Man wrongly jailed for 27 years walks free ... and is hit by a taxi mastermg 6 715 03-27-2009 09:10 AM
Last Post: Hans Olo
  Free speech is officially dead in Kanuckistan. Guest 2 481 03-24-2009 10:32 AM
Last Post: rsol
  Area 51 Free Full Game drummer 3 679 03-19-2009 08:47 PM
Last Post: mastermg
  Active Activist - CHEMTRAIL Flyer designs for FREE mexika 0 387 12-27-2008 01:48 AM
Last Post: mexika