Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wizards in the woods ?
09-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Wizards in the woods ?
:err:“It definitely wasn’t a campfire,” Duke said. “I’m sure of that. It didn’t flicker like a campfire. It was a steady glow. It was like a large globe on the ground. And those men were just standing around it, stiff-like — they just didn’t seem right. You usually sit around a campfire, but these guys were stiff and just strange, somehow. Their body language was off kilter, not natural.”
Despite his fear, Duke called out to the men. Hearing the shout, the three shadowy figures jerked, turned and stood rigidly. Then, according to Duke, something bizarre happened:
“The light they were standing around transformed instantly into a campfire … I mean, I didn’t see it directly, but one minute it was a steady, glowing light and the next it was a flickering, cracking, smoking campfire!”
Not sure what to think, and without options, Duke approached the men, squeezing his pistol hard in his sweaty palm, hiding it behind his back. When he got closer the weirdness got weirder...

<span style="color:#CC0000">Full Column here http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/col...p?id=91597

Follow up comments from here: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...=91597&st=0

I asked Duke about this and he said the man was really accenting the "A" prouncing the word like: "AAAAeon" Duke asked him: "Do you mean eon?" The man just kept repeating: "AAAAeon."

Aeon when reffered to in a biblical or otherworldly sense generally means ' a Power' such as He was a great aeon =power.

&Spirituality is not a child play. My words will tear apart anyone who listens to them....&
&The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live.&

- Nisargadatta Maharaj
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Wizards in the woods ?
Duke was "dead tired" when his pick-up quit and if there was no traffic at night, why wouldn't he just sleep in the car, or lie on top and stare at the stars til morning?

Duke must not know much about animals, most animals will hear you and run away before you even know they're there. Pulling up a loud car, and stomping through the forest swearing with a gun. I'd run.

If he DID think the woods was scary, and the animals in them were ferocious, wouldn't that be another reason for him to stay in the car?

If your dead tired and scared of ""scary things", that is more reason to not trust your perception of what you see in the woods.

He shouldn't be even thinking of shooting things he can't see in the dark. Also, he is dead tired, out of his element, he doesn't belong in the woods. Anyone should know not to go walking through the woods at night, especially with that state of mind. He is making an enemy of the woods and escalating fear in his own head.

Who cares what clothes they were wearing? So, if you don't shop at walmart, your automatically a wizard? Some people have different customs... did their way threaten him? no.. so it is Dukes prejudice that needs to be looked at.

If anyone is "not natural" and scary, it's Duke... he's the alien with the gun, shaking, in the place he doesn't belong. Duke is the fearocious unstable animal imo.

When you make an enemy of something before you even know anything about it, you'll go to war with it, which is what Duke did in his mind. Obviously that relates very well to our cultural mindset.

This story tells alot about where ignorance can take your mind.
Find all posts by this user
09-29-2007, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2007 07:32 PM by subgenius.)
Wizards in the woods ?
Valid points. We may however be dealing with a backwoods yokel . That throws all logic and "common sense" out the window ...LOL

&Spirituality is not a child play. My words will tear apart anyone who listens to them....&
&The search for reality is the most dangerous of all undertakings for it destroys the world in which you live.&

- Nisargadatta Maharaj
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user