Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Psychedelic Science
01-31-2008, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2008 01:25 PM by triplesix.)
Psychedelic Science
Psychedelic Science Google Video : 48 minutes

This is an amazing look into the legitimate and substantial scientific leaps that have been made as a result of psychedelic research and experimentation.

Highlights include:
LSD showing 40-45% recovery rates for alcoholics as a result of just one or two sessions.

Experiments with members of the União do Vegetal Christian sect, some of which have ritualistically imbibed the DMT brew ayahuasca as often as once every fourteen days for more than twenty years (or 500 trips), showing as good as or in some cases increased cognitive effects over non-consumers.

Nobel prize winner Kary Mullis explaining how LSD allowed him to be "down with the molecules" resulting in his invention of the polymerase chain reaction method of DNA segment reproduction.

Microsoft founder Bob Wallace explaining how LSD influeced his invention of the "shareware" method of software distribution.

Ibogaine and LSD use in opiate and cocaine addiction therapy, the rise and fall of psychedelic research as a result of Harvard Dr. Timothy Leary's breach of scientific research ethics, the early history of LSD use in the field of schizophrenia and many other topics are also discussed...

...enjoy!

Peace.

&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Psychedelic Science
Thanks trip6. that sounds great. will watch that this evening hopefully.

probably it doesnt say much about the anti-vietnam war movement being spiked to render it disorganised though
01-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Psychedelic Science
No it doesn't get very conspiratorial, very mainstream but fair about it. That and it can be a bit talking-headish but it's pretty good... definitely check it out.

&We grow to recognize form. We grow to label that form. In doing so, do we become more intelligent? Do we become more awakened?& - Siji Tzu 四季子
01-31-2008, 07:55 PM
Psychedelic Science
enjoyed that.cheers for the tip.

I know that at the very bottom of your reading list you may have 'At the Cafe' by Errico Malatesta but a good book as that may be, I would really strongly recommend " The Cosmic Serpert" by Joseph Narby. If I had a copy to scan, I really would. I have mentioned a few times on the site when talk turns to DMT..

It is a really really great read and you would thank me for telling you about it if you read it.maybe.;)

peace
01-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Psychedelic Science
Quote:enjoyed that.cheers for the tip.

I know that at the very bottom of your reading list you may have 'At the Cafe' by Errico Malatesta but a good book as that may be, I would really strongly recommend " The Cosmic Serpert" by Joseph Narby. If I had a copy to scan, I really would. I have mentioned a few times on the site when talk turns to DMT..

It is a really really great read and you would thank me for telling you about it if you read it.maybe.;)

peace
You know it is funny you say that, I had been meaning to buy Cosmic Serpent for a couple of months and then I ordered it about two weeks ago. I saw you mention it in another thread recently and I was going to comment then. I'm about halfway through it and you are right it is interesting as hell. Highly recommended to anyone fascinated with DNA. My favorite subject is the concept of plant consciousness and it hasn't been discussed too often so far but I'll take what I can get.

I would suggest reading Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman, M.D., you can get a pdf version from this link. In fact, I believe Dr. Strassman was interviewed during the ayahuasca part of this documentary. Having a completely scientific companion in Spirit Molecule to the at times very subjective Cosmic Serpent has been really beneficial to getting the most out of both. Check it out if you haven't already.

Peace.

And seriously, while still floating around near the bottom, At the Cafe is on my reading list. It wasn't in vain. :biggrin:

02-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Psychedelic Science
wild! thanks for that link. at the cafes cool. it's sweet your reading Narby's book,man,:)plant consciousness is something i consider when with plants for sure.

there was that study in Russia recent of sound replacing light for plant growth.The specific resonances mimicked effects of light for response of the plants photo assoc. dna no link sori. its on here somewhere but you may know that.. Lol

I think its cool in that book that he confers the idea of other sentient intelligences being around, too. definitely the psychedelic experience can throw that panarama open subjectiv or not as may be Lol
balance is great though.

no luck with the pdf : /
02-02-2008, 03:38 AM
Psychedelic Science
Fuck, they must have just started requiring a sign-in. Sorry about that, I can email it to you if you want.

02-02-2008, 03:45 AM
Psychedelic Science
sure. that's great, ta
02-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Psychedelic Science
I bred a bunch of ayahuasca a few weeks back

amazing.....

me and a few friends did it(on different occasions with 2 sitters)
damn man shits powerful

The first step to revolution is consciousness,
So I wont stop screaming at you until this all make sense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Science of Cannabis (New Documentary) vagabonder 0 63 03-21-2014 08:57 AM
Last Post: vagabonder
  MAPS' role in the new psychedelic renaissance, warriors on drugs, etc... h3rm35 2 1,167 04-27-2010 05:43 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  Huge New work on Psychedelic Theory Now Available Online! al_uh_looyah 4 1,042 04-16-2010 03:00 AM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  http://www.psychedelic.info nataraja 0 324 02-27-2008 03:26 PM
Last Post: nataraja