Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
ConCen money bum!
06-28-2011, 02:59 AM
RE: ConCen money bum!
(06-27-2011 10:45 PM)yeti Wrote:  
(06-27-2011 10:15 PM)TheQleaner Wrote:  Nope, not joking.. They are my host as well, and have been for several years.. Unlimited storage and bandwidth.. The only thing I dont know is if they can support MyBB.. They support MySQL and PHP, but not sure if your forum software will run.. It should..

And the tracker? What are the chances they support bittorrent servers? Anyway it's not going to happen while I'm part of Concen.

They might.. There's nothing illegal about any of this material.. Especially torrents, especially since you're not actually hosting the files themselves on the server.. And the content copyright infringements that may exist are the problem of the Author(s).. And often, Big Corporate Media/US Government dick heads use Copyright Infringement as a Lameass Excuse to get content they don't want the public to see removed.. Whatever.. Up to you, but Yahoo is the best web host on the net in my opinion..

Marc "TheQleaner" Fisher
Unseen Head
The Illuminati Order

Novus Ordo Seclorum

https://www.facebook.com/The.Illuminati.All.Seeing.Eye
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2011, 03:30 AM
Thumbs Up RE: ConCen money bum!
I've read through plenty of Terms of Service Agreements and there is fine print on the bittorrent protocol itself. If you do have a copy of the ToS I'd like to look it over. A better price is good, reliable service for a co-lo is good too.

BIG thanks to all the donors, and to those who couldn't at the moment but wanted to, we're open 24/7/365.

Your time in constructive participation is considered a contribution as well IMO. So thanks for that as well in posting, uploading, and dissecting and giving well rounded feedback on the community content.

There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
06-28-2011, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2011 05:25 AM by daresearcher.)
others have/are using Yahoo web hosting and have had nothing but trouble. Sudden imposed bandwidth caps, "unlimited space" limitations, shut downs etc. and this is with packages much more than $7+/month. Yahoo changes their mind on the fly, and then it leads to months of fighting to get nowhere. Alan Watt complains of this regularly (he uses Yahoo).

http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com/a...Yahoo.html

"Hi folks. I am Alan Watt and this is Cutting Through The Matrix on June 22, 2010. Newcomers must look into cuttingthroughthematrix.com web site. Bookmark all the other sites I’ve got up there because I do get problems once in a while with the .com site. [Official sites listed above.] Lots of folk go into it at the same time and it tends to slow it down a little bit. Plus, I’m on a choke on uploading to Yahoo and they’ve actually told me that; I’ve put up the email from them, on the front page. They put a choke on my uploads to dissuade me from putting so much up, they claim, even though I’m on unlimited bandwidth. However, that’s the way it goes. The masters control the rules and we have to follow, as we pay."

"For those out there who have been listening for a while, they’ve known I’ve had problems with the Yahoo every year, as they try to stop my uploading to unlimited disk space. I got the strangest mail back from them telling me – and I put it up on my .com web site because that’s the one they are hitting right now – that I am paying for unlimited disk space but unlimited disk space might not mean unlimited disk space and therefore they put a throttle on my uploads to dissuade me from uploading to my site, even though I am paying to do it. So you understand, in this world the people think they have rights and so on, you have none at all. How do you hit back at these guys? Who could afford to take these characters to court? …unless you want to spend half your life doing it and you’ve got the money. It's the same with everything that is around you today; all the complaints departments don’t really exist. It’s all in your imagination."

When it comes to hosting a site of concen.org's size (and content), it is very difficult to get any satisfaction for a reasonable price. It only takes a little pressure from the powers that be to have the harassment start, and to have the plug pulled.

One man's prophecy is another man's script
Find all posts by this user
06-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Im goin to Mexico in a couple weeks, my fiance and I are getting married and things are tight as can be right now, but Im still donating $30.
I hope that little bit helps.
Yeti and I havent always seen eye to eye on things but ConCen is home for me. I think his heart is in the right place. I understand how tough it is. Its always easy for the outsiders or underlings to criticize the guy in charge, but nobody usually knows what it takes to deal with all the adversities, complexities and unexpected problems of running a tight ship, whether it be a business, a website/forum or whatever. These Ive come to learn personally handling and keeping up the family business. Shit aint easy.

Hope it works out, this place is important to me as Im sure many others out there. Besides we have enough members here that dont have to donate more than a dollar or two to keep this place alive and kicking and even above and beyond any other site like this.
If you can help out, please do.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
06-28-2011, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2011 04:08 PM by R.R.)
SiLVa Wrote:Im goin to Mexico in a couple weeks, my fiance and I are getting married

Congratulations! All the best.

daresearcher Wrote:Alan Watt complains of this regularly

Man does that bring back memories of listening to him over the years!
06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
(06-28-2011 03:52 PM)SiLVa Wrote:  Im goin to Mexico in a couple weeks, my fiance and I are getting married

Crazy Over the weekend I was just thinking... I wonder if silva tied the knot yet ! Cheers... Makes my day to hear about this!

Thanks for the $$ also. Great post.

The Anthem
06-28-2011, 06:49 PM
(06-28-2011 05:51 PM)April Wrote:  
(06-28-2011 03:52 PM)SiLVa Wrote:  Im goin to Mexico in a couple weeks, my fiance and I are getting married

Crazy Over the weekend I was just thinking... I wonder if silva tied the knot yet ! Cheers... Makes my day to hear about this!

Thanks for the $$ also. Great post.

Thank you very much April! Yup, its coming up quick. July 17th is the big day. Surprisingly Im not stressed or worried about it at all. We're practically married anyway, lol. I'm just really blessed in these tough economic times to have all my close friends and family coming to celebrate with us, and then we get to have fun all week together Eatdrink007 I needed a break real bad and this couldnt have come at a better time.
No problem about the $, glad I could help out. I havent donated in a while anyway so it was overdue.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research"
~William Cooper

DTTNWO!
06-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the great work with this site. Made a donation on 25 June, but unsure if you're received it....and not sure of the best means by which to contact you.
Please let me know if there is a problem, as I have the paypal receipt of payment.
Best regards, and keep up the good work.
rdubya
06-29-2011, 05:26 AM
I'm looking at the full donor list http://concen.org/tracker/donorlist.php and I remember that the top donator had given 666$.

How did you make the new list yeti?
06-29-2011, 09:44 AM
(06-29-2011 02:08 AM)rdubya Wrote:  Thanks for the great work with this site. Made a donation on 25 June, but unsure if you're received it....and not sure of the best means by which to contact you.
Please let me know if there is a problem, as I have the paypal receipt of payment.

I don't see it on the list.

Once in a while someone sends a donation using an email address I can't link to an account. When that happens I send them a reply asking for their username. Check your email, including your junk folder. If you find one there from ConCen, you'll need to whitelist us to avoid losing our emails.

Could you send the receipt to donate@concen.org along with your username so I can take a look at what happened?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. You're on the list, but you've got your privacy settings on strong, so it won't show up on the front page unless you want it to...

[Image: randquote.png]
06-29-2011, 10:23 AM
(06-29-2011 05:26 AM)zapoper Wrote:  I'm looking at the full donor list http://concen.org/tracker/donorlist.php and I remember that the top donator had given 666$.

Yes, and that is still the case. Gunky tops the list, and you're holding down the 4th spot! Good on ya mate!

I decided to give recent donors their spot in the limelight while allowing people to get an idea of the frequency of donations. That's why I replaced the "Top 30 Donors" list with the "Last 20 Donors" list. The top donors can still be seen along with all the other donors on the page you linked.

(06-29-2011 05:26 AM)zapoper Wrote:  How did you make the new list yeti?

Whenever someone donates, I update their tracker account by adding the amount of their donation in a text box on their profile page. An entry is then automatically made to a database table called donation_history, with the username, date and amount.

Both lists are generated automatically from this database table. The "Last 20 donors" list is created every 20 minutes with a cached copy appearing on the front page of the tracker. It just selects the last 20 entries in the table.

The "Full Donors List" is generated on demand from the table by grouping each entry by username, then totaling the donations for each username. Members who have their privacy settings on "strong" will not appear in this list (there are only 40 donors in this category).

There was some legacy donation data that I obtained from the previous software that Mike was using, but it was only total amounts, not a transaction history. The original TorrentTrader software didn't track each transaction, only totals, so I don't have a full dataset of when each member made each donation.

In a nutshell, there may be more donors and amounts out there I'm not aware of, but the list is as accurate a record of all the donors and donations I have data for.

As you can see from the full list, of the 10s of thousands of people who have registered, and the thousands that visit the site each month, only a relative handful have ever donated. This ratio is also true of the data moved - 6181 users have a ratio under 0.1. A lot of people sign up and leech like crazy for a few days, then disappear (more likely they rejoin under another name). Most of the heavy lifting is done by a few people. This saddens me because it is a symptom of the problems we face in society these days.

I'm hoping that if I can get the proposed additions to the site going, we can have more of an impact. I say if because the reality of my situation is knocking on my door, and it's getting louder - I'm an unemployed 48 yr old loser living in a rooming house with a beat up netbook and an internet connection.

At least I've still got the server, and a few out there who really give a shit. To all of you, I give thanks...

06-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Impressive job yeti! Icon_cool Thanks for doing that for everyone.

The Anthem
06-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Hello everyone,

I have opted to donate 10% of proceeds to ConCen. More information available here: http://concen.org/forum/showthread.php?t...pid=222311

[Image: rotate_st.gif]

By purchasing the book or documentary, 10% of proceeds will go to ConCen. Coupon code:concen
06-29-2011, 10:42 PM
If it wasn't mentioned before...

NOTE: You can remove yourself from this list by going here and setting your privacy level to "strong".

That is if you don't want your donation (and the amount) to be public knowledge. Consequently, if you already have your privacy setting on "strong" your donation will be hidden, change it to something else to make it known and shout it from the (virtual) rooftops.

There are no others, there is only us.
http://FastTadpole.com/
06-30-2011, 03:19 AM
To the less than 1% of the people that really care about this place:
It was a nice ride. I put my life on hold to try to keep this place going.
I need to get a life now or die. Thanks to all the people who donated.
The donors ensured another 3 months. I will admin until then.

To the 99% who hit and run:
You are vampires who suck the labour of others.
You are no better than the banksters you pretend to despise.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Why is CONCEN so Dead ? CharliePrime 7 182 Today 01:58 AM
Last Post: Watchdog
  HTTPS On Concen.org??? NetEffect 2 648 10-15-2013 11:30 PM
Last Post: Easy Skanking
  Racism @ ConCen flamesong 14 1,079 11-01-2012 02:23 PM
Last Post: Swordfish
  concen will no longer talk to my win2k browser :-( 1martian 3 475 10-02-2012 05:44 AM
Last Post: 1martian
  ConCen Wiki a monumental yawn! yeti 18 2,846 05-28-2012 02:12 PM
Last Post: icosaface
  To save money, why not make Concen a Magnet link-only site like The Pirate Bay? Halcyon 1 440 01-14-2012 08:14 AM
Last Post: thokling
  ConCen is in a financial crisis - again? Loke 24 2,499 01-12-2012 02:47 AM
Last Post: yeti
  BitCoin: Do you use it? Would you if ConCen did? yeti 4 697 07-30-2011 05:46 AM
Last Post: FastTadpole
  I suggest we re-name "money masters" h3rm35 12 1,641 07-13-2010 11:58 AM
Last Post: scaramanga667
Lightbulb Thoughts and observations about ConCen WatchMind 5 1,188 03-18-2010 06:06 AM
Last Post: ---