ConCen
Neanderthal Legacy - Printable Version

+- ConCen (http://concen.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Main (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Religion, New Age & The Occult (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Neanderthal Legacy (/thread-9218.html)

Neanderthal Legacy - drew hempel - 05-09-2008 01:45 AM

Today I read Stan Gooch's new book, "The Neanderthal Legacy: Reawakening our genetic and cultural origins" (2008). It was amazing and really inspiring, especially since Gooch and I exchanged several letters while he was writing this book. He basically argues that we have two brains since the cerebellum is 75% as large as the cerebrum, based on their relative cortex area. Also the cerebellum is MORE advanced in terms of neuron connections -- by several orders of magnitude. Finally only in mammals does the cerebellum have its own separate connections with the body-mind perceptions. He points out that this coevolution of the cerebellum occurred when dreaming also developed, which is not practiced by reptiles. He states that this dreaming reality enables telepathy, psychic healing, telekinesis, precognition, and even shape-shifting.

Essentially Gooch's book is my new bible. I really think this is his best book.

When I'm sitting in full-lotus having O at a Ds with females I'm using my cerebellum brain, based in seeing with my pineal gland. This is the autonomic nervous system -- what would normally be "subconscious desire" -- is activated and fulfilled right then and there. It's amazing.

Meanwhile I can carry on a completely normal, intellectual conversation at the same time, using my cerebrum brain.

People who see me sitting in full-lotus, with my adam's apple pulsating, a big grin on my face. Well their reaction depends on their own energy and how it interacts with mine! Also which brain they are using at the moment! haha.

To write about it in further detail is too dangerous I think. Yes I'm too radical for modern civilization. But in real time I can adjust to the situation without too much problem, although sometimes things get a bit sticky! haha.

Neanderthal Legacy - markko - 05-09-2008 02:56 AM

Interesting.
Neanderhal is an extinct species, and we ARE NOT it's descendants! One theory is they went extinct because they were too peaceful, they developed art, flutes, shamanic practices, they were very religious and homo sapiens killed them all in wars for food and teritory. Neanderhals were an easy prey peaceful as they were... Couldn't compete with vicious homo sapiens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal_e...tion_hypotheses
Check the rapid extinction segment.

I'm pretty sure Neanderhals were killed in mass genocides from homo sapiens. If Neanderhals survived and if we were their descendants we would probably live in a more peaceful world.

Neanderthal Legacy - drew hempel - 05-09-2008 05:21 AM

Obviously you haven't read this book. As to whether we've interbred with Neanderthals -- mainstream science is still in debate. There's been recent studies stating DNA evidence that interbreeding did occur. Morphology -- bone structure - gives more evidence.

Wikipedia is for CIA goons.

http://www.innertraditions.com/Product.jmd...g=1-59477-185-5

Neanderthal Legacy - markko - 05-09-2008 12:12 PM

I'll try to get my hands on the book, it sounds interesting. Sorry for quoting wikipedia, I know it sucks, but on scientific things it's usually correct.

Neanderthal Legacy - drew hempel - 05-10-2008 07:35 PM

http://www.stangooch.gotaw.co.uk/

Neanderthal Legacy - jack - 05-11-2008 05:52 AM

Quote:As to whether we've interbred with Neanderthals -- mainstream science is still in debate.
The Homo sapiens skull has a distinctive feature previously found only in Neandertals, providing further evidence of interbreeding between the two species, according to a new study.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...anderthals.html

Neanderthal Legacy - Easy Skanking - 05-11-2008 06:53 AM

Quote:Interesting.
Neanderhal is an extinct species, and we ARE NOT it's descendants!

The first part is false and the second part is technically true.

Neanderthals became sasquatch, yeti, bigfoot, rougarou, alma and others. We rarely see them because they live in the deep woods and places we haven't built up or cleared of trees. Here in the southern US, there are still stories of them as well as the occasional sighting of them.

The most probable reason that we have similarities to them is that they were the source of part of our genetic material. This seems to be the most logical and simple explanation to why there has never been a "missing link" found. There isn't one, as we appeared on this planet much as we are now. They were adapted to this planet and we are not. If we are descended from them then why are we not adapted to live in the wild like they are?

Stan Gooch & the Neanderthal Legacy - Solve et Coagula - 04-04-2011 11:03 PM

Stan Gooch & the Neanderthal Legacy

By Oana R. Ghiocel, M.A. & Robert M. Schoch, Ph.D.

On the 13th of September 2010, in a Swansea, South Wales hospital, an embittered and reclusive man, hailed as a genius by some, yet marginalised by many mainstream scientists and academics, passed away at the age of seventy-eight.1

In his later years Stan Gooch lived “virtually destitute” in “a rented caravan in a nearly abandoned Welsh trailer park – with neither telephone nor computer, his correspondence inked on the backs of galley proofs, and scarce personal contact – wholly lacking family, right at life’s raw edge.”2

This was the sad end for a man who made incredibly original contributions to our understanding of the origins and nature of our own humanity. Colin Wilson once wrote of Gooch, “It has seemed to me for many years that Stan Gooch is one of the most underrated writers of our time.”3 We agree with this assessment.

Born in 1932 among the slums of southern London to working-class parents, Gooch raised himself from his dreary surroundings, ultimately earning a degree in Modern Languages at King’s College, London, and a degree in Psychology at Birkbeck College, London.4 After spending time, between earning his degrees, variously working in the scrap metal business, teaching in Coventry (English Midlands), and serving as “Head of Department” in a London grammar school, in 1964 Gooch was appointed a senior research psychologist at the National Children’s Bureau. He wrote scholarly articles and coauthored books on psychology.

On the surface it seemed that Gooch was off to a respectable and potentially prosperous career.5 However, Gooch’s life would take a different turn, driven by his overwhelming interest in two subjects that on the surface might seem quite distinct, but for Gooch were intimately related: 1) psychical research (the paranormal, or what is now often referred to as parapsychology) and 2) understanding and reconstructing the mental and cultural world of Neanderthals and their bearing on modern humanity.

Ultimately Gooch gave up his secure position, turning down both the directorship of the National Children’s Bureau, and a professorship of Psychology at Brunel University, London, to pursue his research and writing full-time.

Unfortunately for Gooch, his books never had the mass appeal, with the concomitant income, he hoped for. Furthermore, psychical research is a subject that is viewed as fairly marginal at best by most academics, and Gooch’s conclusions concerning Neanderthal mentality and culture diverged so radically from the common conceptions of the time that mainstream scholars systematically ignored his work.

At the time of his death Gooch was depressed, bitter, and even angry that his ideas had not garnered the recognition that he felt they rightfully deserved. Perhaps he was ahead of his time, as many of his ideas about Neanderthals in particular are now being independently confirmed (although still generally without citing or crediting Gooch).

Continue to read:
http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles/stan-gooch-the-neanderthal-legacy